Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    550 will be much more expensive than 350, at least 50% more. All you get with 550 is a very powerful motor and an available adjustable air suspension.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    2014 E350 4Matic 24 mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00142 MF and 69% residual

I don't have the 27 month special numbers, but in the past, Mercedes has used the 24 month residual for 27 months.... that's what I would guess.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

2014 E350 BlueTec 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    Both models use Mercedes standard money factor.

57% is the residual for both models, as well.. Add 2% for 12K/yr

24mo, 15K/yr residual is 68%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 E350 4Matic 24mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00142 MF and 66% residual

2014 E550 4Matic
    Standard money factor and 65% residual

The 550 would be much, much more expensive, as another member noted..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    edited December 2013
    yes, 24 mo rate is good for 27 mo lease...and the lease can be extended up to another 6 months at the end. mf for e350/e350 4matic is .00142 and you can reduce that to .00132 using autopay. Multiple security deposits can not be used with the .00142 rate...but that promotional rate is better than using the standard rate with multiple security deposits (I tried it both ways).

The e550 and blutec and I believe the wagon use the standard money factor but you can take off the.0001 for autopay and give up to 7 muliple security deposits which will reduce the rate by an additional .00049.

either way, don't forget to include the mercedes maintenance in the deal...it's treated as a feature so you only pay the difference between the price and the residual value...not the whole amount.

I just leased an e350 last week....went through all the options...
  • nj_driver_mannj_driver_man Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for all the helpful info....

I am not really trying to get a E550 but someone suggested that since I wanted a number of options and leather I would have an easier time finding one configured the way I wanted. If it fit in the same program would not be that bad as car had an increase in sticker of less than 5K and you did get the bigger engine - but with the higher MF and lower residual it gets hard to justify...

One quick question just for curiosity. From other posts I believe the standard MF' which would be used on E550 would be .00225. If one wanted I assume they could do either a MSD reduction of .00049 or a single pay which would reduce it by .00080. Would the MB system allow you to do both put up MSD and then do a single pay lease? Seems unlikely but curious if anyone ever tried.
  • nc_driver1nc_driver1 Member Posts: 56
    Hi, could you please share the details of your lease agreement? I'm interested in leasing a 2014 E350 BT

Also, some clarifications if you could: what does "7 multiple security deposits" means in terms of $ value? is the standard MF .000142? can you explain the maintenance feature?
    I don't believe the blutec has the promotional rates...but I believe you can still use the 24 month rate for 27 months. Your money factor would be .0025. You can reduce that by making what's called multiple security deposits. If you take the maximum security deposits (7), they will deduct .00049 from the .0025 and use a rate of .00201. If you agree to let MB take the payments out of a bank account directly, they will deduct another .0001 from the mf giving you a mf of .00191. They will then calculate the payments and find the monthly payment due. They will round that up to the nearest $50 and that is the amount of each of the security deposits....so if the payment comes out to $635/mo, then they round to $650 and you loan them $650x7 or $4550 which you will get back at the end of the lease....it's a security deposit, not a down payment.

If you do a lease, then you need to do the maintenance on the car at a MB dealer (I think the contract actually says that...after all, it is their car). You can either pay for each service when you take the car in, or you can add service to the price of the car. The cost of 20K services on a gas car is $730 so they add that as a feature on the car. (this only works with MB service). Let's say your car has a sticker MSRP of $62000. They add $730 to it to get an MSRP of 62730. They then calculate the residual value based on the full $62730, not the $62000. Assuming a residual of 68%, the residual value of the car is $42657....not 42160.

Now...stay with me. If your deal is that you will pay $52000 for the car, the capitalized cost will be 52000 and you will pay the difference between that and $42160 or 9840 over the life of the lease. Now add in maintenance at full price (of course you can negotiate it) so your price is now $52730, your residual is 42657 and you pay 10073 or 233 more over the life of the lease.

But if you didn't buy the maintenance, you still have to pay $730 over the life of the lease (or whatever your dealer charges for an A and B service) on top of the 9840...or 10570. By including it in your lease, you only pay 10073 for a saving of 497.

That's a long way to get there...but you save money by putting the maintenance in the lease. It's not much, but on a 27 mo lease, you're saving almost $20 a month...and you're getting MB maintenance.

Note: I'm ignoring the interest charges here, but they don't change the result...they just confuse explaining what happens.

Details on my lease.....$63100 car plus I included the maintenance on top of that...no money down...just first month payment, registration fees and some small nuisance fees when I picked up the car. I used autopay. $590/mo for 27 mos including taxes, 12K/year. The dealer charged $699 admin fee and marked up the bank fee by $300 as permitted by MB. I could probably have reduced it a bit, but I thought it fair enough for the local service.

Hope this helps....
  • nc_driver1nc_driver1 Member Posts: 56
    Thank you!
  • lexusbilllexusbill Member Posts: 59
    nice write-up. what was the final selling price? i am thinking of doing one pay lease, which would reduce the MF to around .00068 i think from Oct number
    I'm pretty sure that you can't stack the MSDs and the One-pay deduction..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My deal was Invoice less $4000. I had no special coupon or affiliation.
  • skid34skid34 Member Posts: 6
    Being pulled ahead of my E-Class lease now. Can anyone confirm the 27 month lease figures for an E350 4matic Sport Sedan? I see we have 24 month available. I'm guessing ~67% Residual and .00142 MF for 12k mi./yr?

The specific car on their lot is about $65k, how much are people getting off MSRP? Any incentives/rebates available since this is such a volume vehicle? I'm aiming for something around $560-590/month. Would love to get taxes rolled in at this amount as well (NY).
  • sawcarsawcar Member Posts: 6
    Definitely go to white plains. We got ours there-I negotiated with 10 dealerships and they gave us the best deal by far. $63k Msrp, 10,000 miles/year. We only paid the fees and first month upfront ($2,100 out of pocket) and we pay $530/month (maintenance and taxes included). They were great about giving us their bottom line (so didn't need to do a whole lot of back and forth). They even showed us all of their paperwork--they only made $200 off of us (which explains why all the other dealers wouldn't touch these numbers)! Good luck!!
    Thanks! That's actually my dealership. Would you mind sharing more details on your lease? Invoice price, term, residual, MF, and whatnot? Also curious about who your sales rep is! Sounds like a perfect deal, if I could structure something similiar I'd be at about $560 or so
  • sawcarsawcar Member Posts: 6
    I'll have to dig out my paperwork but we got the 27 month lease. The MF and residual were the standard amount (we went with what Edmunds said it should be and make sure you get the autopay--it brings the MF down to the lowest it can possibly go). The invoice was around $57k but I have to get my papers out to tell you exactly. Our sales price dropped to approximately $52k. I spoke with Duane because I emailed half the people that work there hoping someone would get back to me ASAP and they did! I got a response on a Sunday night. I told them the deal I was looking to get. We made a deal and picked up the car by the following weekend. I've had it a couple of weeks now and LOVE it.
    Awesome, thank you so much. This is very helpful. I'll definitely re-up my auto-pay as well. If I can get the $65k model down to about $54k I think the lease with taxes rolled in is exactly $560 using an MF of .00132 (reduced for auto-pay) and 67% residual. Did you use any special incentives to get the sales price so low?

I'm going for a test-drive on Friday, how's the car drive? I hope it's at least a little sporty! What color did you opt for?
  • rawbombrawbomb Member Posts: 22
    I got mine about a month ago for 10.5k off sticker and pulled forward 4 payments on my gl350. My msrp was 65k and sale price was 54.5. I don't know how they got it so low but my salesmen has always given me bottom line prices without any back and forth haggling.
  • nayyernayyer Member Posts: 4
    Can some one tell me the lease numbers for e63 s sedan
    Need it for 24,27, and 36 thanks
    With the dealer cash, there are many reports of similar deals....roughly $10K off MSRP. Fundamentally, many dealers are selling the cars for invoice less $4 or $5 K dealer cash. A friend and I just got that deal in sw florida, but reading here, it's relatively common around the country for Nov/Dec. No one knows if the dealer cash will continue in Jan....so if you want an e, I wouldn't wait too long. I was offered $10K off an e550 as well...did not price a blutec or wagon.
  • benzguy25benzguy25 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm looking for your opinion on a lease offer I have received from my dealer for a w212. I live in the Northeast. I have a great relationship with my dealer so their pricing has always been no hassle, best & final... They stated that they are parting with the car for about 5k under invoice. With that being said I know that everyone has been receiving outstanding pricing in the month of December. The details are listed below

2014 E350 4-matic with MSRP of $62,240
    - 27 month lease / 12k miles per year
    - $2,7XX.xx COD + DMV fee
    - $555 per month
    (No MSD option in New York)

Do you think this is a great deal? I was hoping to get the car for $520/month or less under the same terms.

Thank you!
  • minime5minime5 Member Posts: 41
    Hi all -

I live in the Chicago area, and I've tried a couple of dealerships trying to get a deal on a e350 4Matic. The best quote I've received is $799 month for 48 months for a $62.5k car. Where is everyone getting these great deals? I'd be willing to do a deal anywhere to get alice like I've seen on this thread.
  • minime5minime5 Member Posts: 41

Figured out what my problem is. Darn Illinois tax process. I actually pay the sales tax on the complete cost of the car, which would add up to $70/mnth to the cost of my lease.

• kjdqkjdq Member Posts: 27
    I am looking at leasing a 2014 E350. Do you have the December MF and residual on 27 and 36 month leases with 15K miles? Also, do you have current dealer incentives? Thanks in advance.

@kjdq said:
    I am looking at leasing a 2014 E350. Do you have the December MF and residual on 27 and 36 month leases with 15K miles? Also, do you have current dealer incentives? Thanks in advance.

.00148 MF and 58% for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

I don't have 27 month numbers.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

current incentive is $4000 on the sedan (350/550)...residual on 27 mos is 68% for 12K miles (same as 24 mos)...I believe that would be 66% on 15KI

• fatcat71fatcat71 Member Posts: 75

I have a deal, let me know what you think.......
    E350 4matic Sport. P1, 18" AMG and rear spoiler.
    Also has Keyless Go and comfort box
    MSRP 62025.00
    27 month lease 15K miles CT tax included in payments as well as Maintenance.

892 down (1st and DMV)

686 a month. Good deal???

MF 0.00142 with 66% residual

• adamnylaadamnyla Member Posts: 3

It appears to be a little difficult to compare deals on this string bc I am not sure if we are comparing apples given the many different payments by different people. FYI, I was just offered a lease in Los Angeles area of an E350 for 27 months -12k miles/yr. with Premium and Sport package for $1500 down and $514/month payment incl taxes etc. The MSRP is about $58,000 on the print out but has a "initial cap cost" of $48,000. Does that mean I am getting $10K off the msrp? Everyone seems to be getting substantial discounts off the msrp. The MF is .00148 and the residual is 68%. Seems like a good deal but maybe I can do better. Peoples' experiences seem all over the board. Thanks all! Happy Holidays!

edited December 2013

$10k off is typical. You can't compare payments unless you remove all money down ( by the way, you should never put money down on a lease). In your case you are essentially prepaying $55 a month so to compare to others you are paying about $570 a month.... But you also have to take out taxes to really compare deals here. I am paying $590 per month with no money down...and all fees except registration rolled into the lease...and maint is included...27 mos 12k per year....and my car MSRP was $63100 without maintenance...in Florida. I got $9500 off MSRP but they had to get the car I wanted and that costs $500. I'm in a 7% tax area..and I am doing autopay which drops the MF to .00138. Your residual is correct.

You have to look at all the other charges the dealer has loaded into your deal....it sounds like your monthly payments are a bit high for a $58k car with that down payment.

• mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190

@adamnyla said:
    It appears to be a little difficult to compare deals on this string bc I am not sure if we are comparing apples given the many different payments by different people. FYI, I was just offered a lease in Los Angeles area of an E350 for 27 months -12k miles/yr. with Premium and Sport package for $1500 down and $514/month payment incl taxes etc. The MSRP is about $58,000 on the print out but has a "initial cap cost" of $48,000. Does that mean I am getting $10K off the msrp? Everyone seems to be getting substantial discounts off the msrp. The MF is .00148 and the residual is 68%. Seems like a good deal but maybe I can do better. Peoples' experiences seem all over the board. Thanks all! Happy Holidays!

On a MSRP of $59,640 and a discount of $10,371 (which is what I was quoted) and with no cash down (just drive offs) you should be at about $489/mo (not including tax) for 27/mo 12K (MF of 0.00138 if you opt for autopay and residual of 68%). This is calculated on a selling price of $49,269 + $1095 bank fee. Drive offs would be first month payment, DMV fees, doc fees, etc. which would be around $1000-$1100 or so.

edited December 2013

@ghstudio said:
    $10k off is typical. You can't compare payments unless you remove all money down ( by the way, you should never put money down on a lease). In your case you are essentially prepaying $55 a month so to compare to others you are paying about $570 a month.... But you also have to take out taxes to really compare deals here. I am paying $590 per month with no money down...and all fees except registration rolled into the lease...and maint is included...27 mos 12k per year....and my car MSRP was $63100 without maintenance...in Florida. I got $9500 off MSRP but they had to get the car I wanted and that costs $500. I'm in a 7% tax area..and I am doing autopay which drops the MF to .00138. Your residual is correct.

You have to look at all the other charges the dealer has loaded into your deal....it sounds like your monthly payments are a bit high for a $58k car with that down payment.

That is a good deal you got there based on that MSRP. But how are you paying just $590/mo with bank fee, first month, and maint all rolled into the cap cost? What was your final cap cost that they used to calculate your lease payment when the residual would be at $42908. I just can't come up with that figure using the MF of 0.00138, 68% residual, and 27 months. You must have gotten a much bigger discount off the MSRP than just the $9500.

• susanw6susanw6 Member Posts: 32

Help-I am worried that I'm not getting a good deal on my E350 in Ft. Lauderdake FL, although I had twp different dealerships bidding on the same car. Leasing a 2014 E350 w/ sport package, porcelain/black leather seats, rear spoiler in indigo blue metallic. The sticker price is $55,655. Putting 0 down, except $1000 out of pocket for 1st and tag fees, 27 months, 15,000 miles per year $720/month. I am also 1 year into a 3.25 year leased Lexus RX350 they are taking back. My payoff on that is about $36,700 and Kelly BB has it at $35K dealer trade. They claim to be giving me $35,000 for Lexus and $8500 discount on the Benz. What do you think? Susan

something is very wrong with this deal.

First, if your sticker price is $55655, you have a very stripped MB. Most reasonably equipped e350's are in the $60-63K range. What model are you getting and what is the MSRP with all the options included?

Second, forget about your trade in...that's just a confuser. That's a separate deal. Don't let them even discuss it as part of the lease....it isn't.

Third....if your sticker price, miles and discount of $8500 are correct (and I"m sure they aren't), your monthly payment should be in the area of $585 a month plus your local tax.

edited December 2013

@mrtrance said:
    That is a good deal you got there based on that MSRP. But how are you paying just $590/mo with bank fee, first month, and maint all rolled into the cap cost? What was your final cap cost that they used to calculate your lease payment when the residual would be at $42908. I just can't come up with that figure using the MF of 0.00138, 68% residual, and 27 months. You must have gotten a much bigger discount off the MSRP than just the $9500.

Hmm! you're right....I actually got $11275 off due to confusion on both my and the dealer's part. The original "deal" was $10K off but less $500 since they had to get the car from another dealer. They did the calculations and gave me a monthly price which was supposed to include maintenance (the salesman agreed), but as the deal progressed they tried to raise the price because the folks in the glass room forgot to add in maintenance. I refused because that was supposed to have been in the original quote, so they agreed to recalculate the lease paperwork to get to the same monthly payment, but now including maintenance. I also forgot that I had a $500 MB club credit as well when they first did the calculation, but I brought in the coupon for the final deal. So the total discount should have been $10K with the MB club payment washing with the cost of getting the car from another dealer....but then they forgot to add the maintenance..and so on. Confusing, but the final result was the higher discount that you caught (and I missed). It was apparently a better deal than I thought I had negotiated :)

I did not roll the first payment into the lease. I paid the first payment and registration fee when I picked up the car.

• rtandon87rtandon87 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2013

Just closed a deal on 2014 E350 Sport. Premium package with Driver's Assist and Parking Assist. MSRP 62,855. Selling price $50,000. But, high money factor though of 0.00198. Residual at 69% for 10,000 miles 24 months lease. $500 + tax = $545 with $1100 down including the DMV fees and first month's payment. Maintenance package added $12 per month on top.

This came out much better than getting $10k below MSRP and MF of 0.00148.

Reconfigured my deal due to an oversight by me and then some back and forth from a dealer in NY and one in CT. I believe I'm at about as good as it gets. MSRP 62900. (P1,keyless go, Lane tracking, 18"AMG, rear spoiler and Comfort box in Sport E350 4Matic)
    $669/mo (CT taxes included), 900 due at signing (1st and DMV), rolling over 5 payments off current 11 E350 4matic. Feel a bit bad about pitting dealers against each other, but at the end of the day, money is money. The gave me a MF 0.00142 with Residual of 66% for 15K miles at 27 mo. Never gave me selling price, but based on those numbers I'm south of 53K which puts be at 10K under MSRP
    Thoughts??

@fatcat71 said:
    Reconfigured my deal due to an oversight by me and then some back and forth from a dealer in NY and one in CT. I believe I'm at about as good as it gets. MSRP 62900. (P1,keyless go, Lane tracking, 18"AMG, rear spoiler and Comfort box in Sport E350 4Matic)
    $669/mo (CT taxes included), 900 due at signing (1st and DMV), rolling over 5 payments off current 11 E350 4matic. Feel a bit bad about pitting dealers against each other, but at the end of the day, money is money. The gave me a MF 0.00142 with Residual of 66% for 15K miles at 27 mo. Never gave me selling price, but based on those numbers I'm south of 53K which puts be at 10K under MSRP
    Thoughts??

Get maintenance included in the lease...and use autopay.

How are you guys getting MF of 0.00142? I believe the base rate is 0.00148, but if you do autopay it will be at 0.00138.
    null

So they gave you a bigger discount, but marked up the MF. I assume there was no wY to keep that discount off the MSRP and use the base 0.00148 rate.

By the way which state was this and/or dealer?
  • rtandon87rtandon87 Member Posts: 4
    @mrtrance

Yes, that's right. There is no way to get that much off MSRP unless the MF is marked up. This lease was on San Jose, CA where tax is 8.75%.

@mrtrance said:
    How are you guys getting MF of 0.00142? I believe the base rate is 0.00148, but if you do

autopay it will be at 0.00138.

.00142 MF is for the E350 4Matic model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@rtandon87 said:
    mrtrance

Yes, that's right. There is no way to get that much off MSRP unless the MF is marked up. This lease was on San Jose, CA where tax is 8.75%.

Yes you are right. No way to have the best of both worlds. I am assuming that the dealer that is quoting me 20% off will be marking that MF since I was not able to get any sort of lease numbers by email. They told me I had to come in and commit to deal before they give numbers.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 15

@rtandon87 said:
    mrtrance

@rtandon87
    Would you mind give me the sales & dealer info ? I am near by and want to get a deal like yours.

• mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581

@susanw6 said:
    Help-I am worried that I'm not getting a good deal on my E350 in Ft. Lauderdake FL, although I had twp different dealerships bidding on the same car. Leasing a 2014 E350 w/ sport package, porcelain/black leather seats, rear spoiler in indigo blue metallic. The sticker price is $55,655. Putting 0 down, except $1000 out of pocket for 1st and tag fees, 27 months, 15,000 miles per year $720/month. I am also 1 year into a 3.25 year leased Lexus RX350 they are taking back. My payoff on that is about $36,700 and Kelly BB has it at $35K dealer trade. They claim to be giving me $35,000 for Lexus and $8500 discount on the Benz. What do you think? Susan

Looks like you have a difference of $1,700 for the lexus. Find out your cap cost for the MB, I suspect it is $55,655-$8500= $47155. Now add $1700 for new cap cost of $48855. Figure out your lease using this number and residual value and money factor from this site. By the way I have not had success with autonations MB dealers. My last 2 leases these dealers wanted any where from $150-$175 more a month compared to the ultimate lease I went with. Good luck.

My lease is with autonation it depends on the dealer.

• tonyespitonyespi Member Posts: 2

Can you guys help Me out. Just purchased a new 2014 E-350. Total MSRP was 58055.00, Negotiated price was 48,000 even. Here goes the numbers. Purchased on December 2013.

MSRP: 58,055
    Selling Price: 48,000 (17.3% discount)
    Base Cap Cost: 49904(Includes Bank fee and maintenance)
    Money Factor: 0.00141829(APR: 3.4%)
    Down: $5000 Payment: 421.60 (includes Tax)
    Miles: 15000 per year (Total miles 33,750)
    Price per mile: .20 cents
    Term: 27 months.
    Residual: 38797.44
    Rent Charge: 3254.40
    Depreciation fee: 7285.59

Thanks Guys

@ghstudio said:
    My lease is with autonation it depends on the dealer.

The dealer in Delray was always too high on 3 lease deals. Pompano dealer always had a high cap cost. When I went to buy my last MB, Coconut Creek was $7,000 dollars less for my trade-in than the dealer I finally went with. This is just my experience

This discussion has been closed.