Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Does anyone have any experience with buying a car thru MB Financial at the end of a lease? Will they negotiate the buy out price at all?

Thanks
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    I tried a number of years ago on an ML320 and was told they would not negotiate at all. The salesman said he disagreed with it but that was their policy. Not sure if it is still that way now though.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Here ya' go...

2008 Mercedes E550 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 57% of MSRP – .00150
    36 Month – Residual 47% of MSRP – .00150
    48 Month – Residual 41% of MSRP – .00150

2008 Mercedes E550 Sport 4matic Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00365
    36 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00330
    48 Month – Residual 40% of MSRP – .00330

2008 Mercedes E63 AMG Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00145
    36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00175
    48 Month – Residual 46% of MSRP – .00175

Residuals are assuming 15k annual miles. Add 2% for 12k-mi and 3% for 10k-mi.
    Here ya' go...

2008 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon
    24 Month – Residual 59% of MSRP – .00215
    36 Month – Residual 48% of MSRP – .00215

Assuming 12k annual miles.
    thanks. For January, I believe you had said that the E63 for 36 month 10K per year was .00145 so it looks like rates went up slightly?
    ocautoseeker,

Just want to clarify, my dealer is saying that rates on the E63 didn't change from January to February but from above it looks like the mf went from .00145 to .00175 for 36 months. Can you confirm that this is correct? My dealer was quoting me .00169 for January so I assumed there was some markup there but if he is telling me that didn't change for February, I don't see how it could now be .00175 as I have never seen a dealer discount a money factor.

Thanks for all your help.
    These are the current MBC numbers I have from my leasing source. The rate on a 36 mo term did jump slightly, but the rate for 24 and 27 mo stayed the same at .00145, and it's possible that your dealer quoted you the rate on one of those terms as they may vary well be more advantageous than the 36.
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Can you post the Money Factor and residual for a e350 on a 24 month and 36month lease for 12k.thank you
    2008 Mercedes E350 Luxury Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 63% – .00105
    36 Month – Residual 52% – .00140

2008 Mercedes E350 Luxury 4matic Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 63% – .00115
    36 Month – Residual 53% – .00170

2008 Mercedes E350 Sport Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 63% – .00105
    36 Month – Residual 52% – .00140

2008 Mercedes E350 Sport 4matic Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 63% – .00115
    36 Month – Residual 53% – .00170

Numbers based on 12k annual miles.
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Thank you very much, I sincerely appreciate it. Do you think the lease numbers will get better in March?
    won't know 'til march.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    I just leased my E350 today.
    Arctic white with PANO roof, Sport package, RWD, P1 package, I-Pod connection.
    $1,650 out of pocket ( first payment, bank fee DMV fees ), $590 a month including
    NY sales tax for 27 months. I hope it's a good deal. They not sure what program wll be in March, but current program is $2,000 cash back to dealer. Good luck to all.
  • tsmith4tsmith4 Member Posts: 6
    That sounds like a great deal. How many miles were included? Is the bank MB Finance? I am on LI - Would you reccomend the dealer? I am thinking of waiting until March to make my deal - any insight? Thanks
  • ggcarsggcars Member Posts: 4
    I have the opportunity to assume an existing lease on a 2008 E350 4 Matic Sport. The vehicle has about 2500 miles and is nearing the end of the 2nd month of a 24 month lease. The lease payment is an unbelievable $400 per month and the current leasee would like me to contribute $2000 cash to them to ofset the downpayment they made. They also got an incredible deal on this vehicle ($49K) through an employee discount.

I currently own a 2003 E320 which I bought used and I have never leased a car before, so the whole thing makes me a little nervous. The Buyout price is $38K which seems very comparable to other leases I have read about.

Should I be nervous about this or jump on it?
    I'd say if they simply wanted you to assume the lease with $0 out of your pocket, then jump on it as $400/mo for this vehicle is awesome. However, for you to contribute $2000 for them to get out of it, that's not your responsibility, nor would it be a smart investment.
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    If you agreed to the $2000 contribution you'd essentially be getting the car for $491 a month for 22 months. Is that still a good deal for that car? If it is, go for it, in my opinion. There are at least two websites that I'm aware of that will allow you to search for leases that you can take over - one of them is swaplease, and the other is leasetrader. To get some comps, check them out and see what's available in terms of available leases on this car.
    Yes...MB bank, K10 miles a year....Dealer was Contemporary Moror Cars in Silver Spring NJ.
  • dono123dono123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carfan,
    Would you please let me know the contact info for the dealer. I can't find a way to send a private message.

Thanks, Paul
    Hi. My dealer offered me insurance to cover tires and rims for the term of a lease for
    $490. My car is E350 Sport package. Is it worth it ? Any opinion welcome and appreciated.
  • dono123dono123 Member Posts: 2
    i wouldn't do you have special rims? I called the dealer you used for your lease. They told me to contact your car broker, can you PLEASE give me their info? PLEASE....
    The guy at the dealership said I ahve to go through them to get your price.
  • mkp6ermkp6er Member Posts: 9
    Car man,

I'm pricing an Eseries mercedes. All dealers are offering the vehicles for sale at invoice based upon incentives from Mercedes in Feb/March. When I inquire about leasing the vehicle, the "sales" price used to calculate the lease is now MSRP.

The guidance in Edmunds and other sites seems to indicate the lease should be calculated on the negotiated sales price. What base price should be used to calculate a lease?
    you are correct. You should be able to use the same negotiated sales price as the cap cost for a lease. I am negotiating one right now and that is the case. Sounds like the dealer is just trying to back peddle.
  • love330convlove330conv Member Posts: 19
    I am planning to lease a E350 myself. Although, I haven't cheched with the dealer yet - but your lease price is incredibly good. The numbers don't even add up even if the dealer gave you the full $2000 rebate on top of invoice price. What was the MSRP, CAP cost, MF and residual used?

Your info might help get me a good deal.
  • marc1963marc1963 Member Posts: 6
    would like to get a similar deal!! where did you lease you car? and who was your sales person. i live in roslyn, ny. thanks marc
    Hi. Sorry, but per rules of this forum - I can not write you the name of the person to talk.
    E-mail me to aeggroup@yahoo.com and I'll give you this info. Put subject of this message to the e-mail's subject.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    MSRP is used in certain part of the lease calculation.
    The MSRP for leasing purposes is used to determine the residual value (what the vehicle is projected to be worth at lease-end). You want to negotiate the cap cost (the actual selling price) closer to invoice, or whatever the market is bearing based on demand. This in-turn will lessen the spread between the depreciation (what you pay) and thus will lower your monthly payments..
    Any word yet on what happened to lease rates for March?

Also, I am being offered an E63 at invoice before dealer cash. Is there some reason E63s would be offered at such a price when Edmunds lists the TMV at MSRP? I'm not complaining but it just makes me wonder if I'm missing something.
    mercedes is offering a $2k rebate as well as special leasing terms in March. I was able to purchase a vehicle this weekend at approx $4k under invoice, or $2k under if you include gas guzzler tax.
    how (or why) are they offering cars under invoice. As I mentioned, I was offered a car at Invoice minus the 2K which would appear to be breakeven for them. Sounds like they would be losing 2K on your deal. What gives?
    Also, are the lease terms for March different than they were for February?
    I was told by a dealer and a broker that the rates for the e350 are slightly better this month than last. I am about to sign a 27 month lease 0 down but for dmv, first month, and 795 bank fee, at $620 / mo which includes my local tax of 8.625%. Car is rear wheel drive, P1, ipod, sport. Decided to go with a lease broker after the local dealer said couldn't touch that price. Never used a broker before but looks legit - anyone have any experience, thoughts, concerns?
    I used, gotta car a week ago.No any problems. You can do even cheaper than $620. I'd say from $570 to $590 is very realistic.
    Thanks, I called the 2 in Brooklyn that I found on Craigslist and one who had told me 590 1 week ago claimed rates were up and first wanted 650, then came down to 625, and the second said 620.
  • broomallbroomall Member Posts: 3
    I had been quoted $580 for a p1, panoramic 4matic E350. My credit is almost at the 700 mark, off by a few points but the broker (in PA) said he couldn't get it approved today and now wanted to charge me a higher rate. So confused, never had this problem before? So, I need to find another broker.
    PLEASE post the rates you are getting, I am going to shop HARD for the best rate and will communicate back. Also, please email me at broomallpa@gmail.com to let me know of any good broker you have dealt with or gotten a good quote from and i will do the same for you. Mercedes website doesn't have any specials up at all for the month, odd...
    All,

Pls. post not only the monthly lease rate but also the other important pieces of info - the MSRP and the negotiated CAP cost.

Any idea about March lease cash back?

Anyone knows or have used lease broker in Northern California region?
    Hi.
    I don't know my money factor. Selling price was around $49K. Out of pocket was first payment, bank fee $795, DMV fees and paperwork fees ( $145 or something ). Check your e-mail.
    Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a 39 month 10K per year lease. Also, what is the current lease cash available?
    there appears to be a $2k incentive from Mercedes on Eseries vehicles.
    Check out eleasereturns.com or autosourcemotoring.com for lease return vehicles in norcal.
    I still can't find the incentives. Not sure if it is dealer specific but the nationwide ones are not out.
    The best deal I have found so far was based on an MSRP of $55,000 on an E350, 4Matic, Panoramic Sunroof, P1 Package, Sport Package.
    12K miles per year, $4,000 Total out of pocket (not down) and 27 months.
    The lease rate was $590 / Month. I was not approved with a 690 credit score though. My local dealer here said he would Not lose a deal to a "broker" and would beat it and to get the quote and bring it in even if he made $0 on the car, it at lease puts a car sold on the board, I am going to explore that option.

If Anyone has any good quotes from brokers or dealers, I have shopped like crazy, please email me at broomallpa@gmail.com and let me know what you came up with and the broker / dealer and I will do the same.
    $4,000 out of pocket is too high number. As I understood you live in PA. I'm in NY and I think you can find much better deal in NY Metro dealerships. I noticed people paying cheaper here, don't know why. Try Prestige MB in NJ. also Lakeview MB in LI. I'll e-mail you my broker info.
    Thank you, I appreciate that.
    I am about to buy/lease an E350 (with P1, iPod) in few days. I am planning to offer $1000 over invoice price. (i.e. $1000 under invoice after $2000 mfr cash back on lease).

Is that a good price? Too high? Too low?

Any info on recent offers/purchases will be helpful.
    For March...

2008 Mercedes E63 AMG Sedan
    24 – Residual 62% – .00145
    36 – Residual 52% – .00175
    48 – Residual 45% – .00175
    Thanks. So mf stayed the same but residual went down a percent. Glad I locked in in Feb.
    Just for clarification, the residuals are based on 15k. Add 2% for 12k, and 3% for 10k.

Sorry... I usually edit my rates for each individual request, but I forgot how many annual miles you needed.
    understood. I still think they are 1% lower than they were in February.
    I am getting E350 lease with the following discounts from MSRP:
    - $2000 (MB cash back this month)
    - $2500 (dealer discount)

Can anyone comment on how does this compare to what they got (or are getting).

Basically, is $2500 good enough discount from dealer or should I try more?
  • bocastephenbocastephen Member Posts: 35
    There seem to be a lot of good deals on E Class sedans, but I don't see much mention of the diesels. Given the incredible gas mileage and the better resale, is anyone seeing lease deals for the Bluetec which compare favorably with the gas engine model?
    Here are MBC's March rates for the Diesel...

2008 E320 BlueTec (Diesel)
    24/ Residual 65% – .00170
    36/ Residual 55% – .00225
    48/ Residual 47% – .00225

*Rates based on 15k annual miles.

Add 2% for 12k & 3% for 12k.
This discussion has been closed.