Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• commexcommex Member Posts: 2
    Thats a REALLY LOW miles/year allowance, you sure you only drive that? I know I can drive double that without a sweat, but it would probably up your monthly payment alot, just wondering since youll probably have a hard time staying under that
  • calbear05calbear05 Member Posts: 6
    Probably even less than that. My lease on the 2006 M class is coming up on expiration in August and I had an allowance of 12k miles/yr and after 2 years have a total of only 9000 miles on it! I guess its because I have 3 cars so I keep the mileage low on all of them.

Dealer mentioned that its actually a great time to lease the E because with the model change in 2009, the mkt value for the current E should fall which would result in MB Financial trying to be even more aggressive in adjusting the residual value for a potential buyout. The residual on my M class was close to 39k but they offered to knock off $7500.

While I'm not sure what the mkt or status of the economy will be in 2 years, even at the current residual I can still buy the car for the same amt if I had purchased today since they knocked $8500 off the MSRP.

There are rumors out there that MB will increase the incentive to $5,000 (from $2000) as well as instruct dealers to offer the AMG package for free (since it will replace the sport package for 2009) to move the last of the 2008 models.
  • doctorleodoctorleo Member Posts: 2
    So just wondering if you think the following is a good deal or not.

2008 E350
    MSRP: 57,040
    Negotiated price: 50K
    33 months
    12k miles per year
    MF .00085
    Residual value 57%
    $3k drive off
    $605 per month
    In southern California with 7.75% tax
    Thanks,
    Leo
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Looks like a pretty good deal. You'd be ~ $645/mo (including tax) with no down, just drives (1st mo, dmv's, acquisition fee, etc.), so it looks like ~$1200-$1300 of that $3000 upfront will be ultilized as a down payment/cap cost reduction. They could have structured it slightly different, but it looks pretty solid to me.

The residual is correct. They are giving you the buy rate money factor. You have a very aggressive cap cost.

Just have them itemize (clarify) what the $3k at signing includes. The majority should be inception fees. If you can live with a slighly higher payment, I'd say keep the additional cash in your pocket, but that's up to you.

From this perspective though, I'd say go for it!
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Who is the dealership? Penski?
  • jpdcjpdc Member Posts: 17
    I'm considering whether to replace my 2004 Audi A6 w/ the E350 within a few weeks (my lease expires July 2nd) or to get another A6. Audi is offering an extremely aggressive lease deal right now. The MF is .00018 -- which is less than 1%. I see that Mercedes is offering a sweet rate on a purchase -- 1.9% for up to 72 months. But I can't seem to find a breakdown on the advertised lease deal.

Can anyone tell me: (1) the MF on the lease deal; (2) the residual values for a 10,000 lease; and (3) whether there's any cash or other incentives for dealers right now?

Also, I've heard that 2008 is the last model year for the E350. That doesn't bother me but I would think it would mean that MB and the dealers are psuhing hard to clear them out. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.
    Can anyone tell me: (1) the MF on the lease deal; (2) the residual values for a 10,000 lease; and (3) whether there's any cash or other incentives for dealers right now?

'08 E350 Luxury
    27 M -- Residual 64% -- .00085

'08 E350 Luxury 4-matic
    27 M -- Residual 63% -- .00030

Should be a $2000 lease cash incentive. Call local dealer to confirm.

Also, I've heard that 2008 is the last model year for the E350. That doesn't bother me but I would think it would mean that MB and the dealers are psuhing hard to clear them out. Can anyone confirm?

The new generation E-class will be introduced as a 2010 model in the fall of '09. It won't look much different from the current model - some cosmetic tweaks and and the SLK's 3.5L V-6 rated @ 300hp.
  • audi42audi42 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if there are any incentives (like cash) for an 2008 E350 4matic. Also can anyone give me rates (MF and RV) for 33, 36 and 39 month leases. I'm in the market and did not know if I should buy now or wait for the 2009.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    You are wrong about 2010 E-class. It is going to be an all new model (code name 212) with much more advanced mechanics and electronics and will look somewhat like a new C-class introduced last year.
    I suggest you go back and read what I wrote - carefully.

I never said it wasn't an all-new model, I simply mentioned when it would become available in the states for sale, and then commented (briefly) on the styling changes and engine upgrade. Mercedes did in fact style the vehicle very similarly to the current model as to not upset the desire among the loyalists.

I consider going from round headlights to square headlights a "minor" cosmetic tweak, but that's just me. ;)
  • rtenrten Member Posts: 3
    I can give you figures for 33 month lease on the E350 4matic:

12k miles/yr Residual = .57
    15k miles/yr Residual = .55

Money factor = .00030

you should get $5k - 8k off MSRP
    Thanks rten. Do you (or anyone else) know whether the .00030 MF is available for longer terms than 33 month? I'd like at least 36 months and ideally longer. Also, do you know the residual on a 10,000 mile lease?
    After going back and forth for a month between the E350 4Matic and the Audi A6, I just pulled the trigger on a 33 month lease for the Mercedes. The lease was nearly $200/month cheaper, primarily because the residual on the Mercedes was 9% better. FWIW, here are the details.

E350 4Matic
    Black paint
    Black Interior
    Sports Package
    Premium 1
    Burl walnut
    iPod

MSRP -- $56,410
    Invoice -- $52,552
    Cap Cost -- $49,660
    Monthly payment -- $591.92 ($538.11 + $53.81 use tax)
    33 months
    MF -- .00030
    RV -- 58%
    Inception Costs -- $407.97 (1st month + license fee + doc fee - $500 dealer credit)

I know I probably left a few bucks on the table, but not much. Hope this helps.

Also, if you're in the Washington, DC area, I recommend Euro Motorcars in Bethesda. Very professional. Contact me off line for the name of a salesman.
    What are the incentives available for a E350 NOW? I see people are saying you can get $8000 off MSRP. But I was told by the dealer that there is only $2000 incentive. What other money is available?
    I'm not aware of any special incentives beyond the $2,000 lease cash (it's $4,000 if you buy the car and don't take the subsidized MBF financing). But MB also pays the dealer a holdback of 3% of MSRP, which may be part of the explanation. So the real cost to a dealer on an E350 is nearly $4,000 less than the supposed invoice price. And I bet there are other payments we don't know about.
  • br1973br1973 Member Posts: 1
    What kind of numbers should I be looking for on a 24 month lease of an E class diesel in CA?
    And does anyone have any recs on a good place to go? Fletcher Jones quoted 1100 dollars a month with no wiggle room. That seems insane to me.
    Thoughts?

Thought about going through leasetrader, but they seem to want your firstborn before you can even contact a seller.
  • msc5msc5 Member Posts: 25
    My lease on my 2006 E320 CDI is up in mid August and am going to begin looking for new 2008. I like the diesel but the cost of diesel gas is even more than gas right now. Don't know what is going to be happening to cost of diesel compared to cost of gas in next few years??? So, having tough time deciding whether to concentrate on E350 or E320. Even with diesel gas costing approximately .50 cents more per gallon than unleaded gas, given the fact that I only fill my diesel tank 2-3 times per month---I figure I'm still saving money over filling the tank more often with the lower mileage non diesel E350 vehicle??? Anyway, I'm still debating and need to go drive the E350 because I know it drives differently than the 320 CDI which I currently drive.

So that I am prepared when I go into the dealerships can you please provide the June residuals/MF for both the E320 and E350 cars for both 10,000 and 12,000 miles. I am in Arizona. Also, does the $2000 dealer cash also apply to the E320. I'm going to start shopping now so I need the June numbers. I figure that if I can't get a deal finalized in June and end up in July that the numbers and incentives will hopefully only get better as we get closer to the 2009 cars being released. If I'm still shopping in July I'll post for the new July numbers---when do these become available? Thanks for the info.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I'm not sure that leasing a 320 for two years makes any sense. I understand the savings in diesel over premium gas, but I'm not sure that the savings makes up for the difference in cost between the 350 and the 320 on a short lease. The one who's making out is the person that buys that 320 that you only leased for 2 years.

I would bet that your TOTAL lease cost for the 320 is higher than if you leased a 350...when you add in fuel in both cases for the length of the lease. Sure the 350 uses more fuel, but it costs less than the 320. You don't make that up in 24 months.

I would think that leasing a 320 may make sense on a 3-4 year lease....because I think the break even is 3 years.
  • msc5msc5 Member Posts: 25
    I probably am going to lease for 3 years this time around. Last lease was for 27 months only because it was a special they were running and cost less than the 36 month lease. All options remaining the same, the difference for the E320 over the same exact E350 is $1000 more. However, I am thinking about the shorter lease only because the model is supposed to change for 2010. Still can't decide what to do. Last time I leased I had worked out the deal for an E350 and due to a screw up at the dealership (car being traded to another dealership by someone who didn't realize it was virtually sold) they gave me the same exact car in the 320 CDI model for the same price I had worked out---even though the 320 was $1000 more---I ended up making out better. This time around I probably won't be so lucky. So, with a $1000 difference---over the life of a 2-3 year lease---and the approx. .50 more per diesel gallon---but less gas over a month's time than the non diesel E350---do you think the 320 still ends up costing more???
  • bpwyattbpwyatt Member Posts: 2
    I live in the DC area and am also looking at the E350 4Matic. So the Cap Cost was the result of incentives? Did you put any additional money down? Also, how many miles did you negotiate? Thanks.
    08 Mercedes E320 BlueTec Diesel (June Rates)
    24 M – Residual 65% of MSRP – .00150
    36 M – Residual 55% of MSRP – .00225

Residual value based on 15k annual miles.

Add 2% for 12k, and 3% for 10k.
    I don't really know how we got to the cap cost. I was planning to ask for @$2,000 below invoice based on the incentives, but didn't need to ask. The dealer made this offer straight away (but you should know that my salesman knew me and sold me a GL recently that I negotiated pretty hard).

I only needed 10,000 miles/year, which saved me 1% in residual over 12,000.

The only money down was $900 -- which was the first month, tags, and a $100 processing fee that I decided not to fight about. And the dealer had sent me a $500 "gas" discount card in the mail, so that was deducted for a total out-of-pocket of just about $400.
  • bpwyattbpwyatt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. Looks like you got a nice deal.
  • mbnycmbnyc Member Posts: 4
    Hi - I am wondering how good this deal is?

In NYC
    2008 New 350 4M Sport
    Flint Grey/Black
    Sport
    Black Birdseye
    Ipod kit
    Wood/Leather Steering Wheel
    Voice Control
    Electronic Trunk Closer
    Premium 1 Package

Total Retail 58,710
    Gross Cap Cost 54,784
    Tax Inc Adj Cap Cost 56,479

No money down
    Residual 63%
    Money Fact .00030
    27 month lease 749 per month
    Cash Back from dealer by check $3,000
  • lbibumlbibum Member Posts: 7
    2008 E350 4matic
    Pewter w/ Cashmere
    Designo Burl walnut
    iPod kit
    Wood steering wheel
    Premium 1
    Sport package

MSRP w/ destination charge $ 57,970
    Cap Cost $49705
    Monthly payment $576 ( 535.81 + 40.19 tax)
    27 month
    MF .00030
    Residual 62%
    Out of pocket costs: Inception cost $795
    Doc fee $249
    1st month $576
    NJ fees (registration, sup titling, tire fee) $ 488.82

Total out of pocket ---------------------------------$ 2108.82

I picked up the car today....What do you think of the

Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :shades:
    Wow seems like a very good deal. I asked several dealers in S. california about getting a E350 $8000+ BELOW MSRP. But they say it's impossible and it's not true. They are saying that the $2000 lease cash is not also there. Does anyone know of qa dealer in S. Cali who will be willing to do $8000+ below MSRP?
    thanks
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    According to my local salesman (who may be blowing smoke) MB just introduced an "employee price" deal on the e class..good until the end of the month (better rush). That would give you the car at a 12 1/2% discount off MSRP. The rest of the lease mf and residuals are unchanged.

You might want to give your dealer a call....now.
    Who is your local dealerships? All the dealerships I have been to say it's impossible.
    I leased the car from a very large Authorized Mercedes Benz Dealer with two locations in central New Jersey!

Certain dealer incentives might only be available in the north east region.
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Hey guys, ive been reading this site for quite some time, we FINALLY bought an E-350...with Employee pricing...and it was a crazy good deal.

The car stickered for $55.5k. E-350 Silver/black interior

MSRP: $55.5k
    Options . P1 package and Ipod integration

EMPLOYEE PRICING MSRP : $48.5k (sorry i dont have exact numbers...papers not on me, car being delivered thursday night)

CURRENT MB Marketing support.....is $4000
    So final buy price is $44.5k

Leased it for 27months....I assumed my money factor would be .00030 like others had...but im guessing since we had employee price...we got it for .00001.
    Monday down: $1140. that is FIRST months payment...and the MB turn in fee end of lease.
    Monthly Payment: $384

overall im thrilled, and didn't think this kinda lease would be possible, im paying 380 on my DAMN cloth seat 4x4 jeep commander.

I in NO way qualify for employee pricing, which mercedes benz is offering, if you are a chrysler employee or family of one. But through some miracle, dealer had an extra employee code...and end of month. (i tried soooo hard to find someone, being I live in MI to find employee code...no luck)

KEEP searcing guys, u can get a damn good deal on this car. It was a beatiful car, didn't wanna leave home without it.

I live in michigan btw.
  • 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60
    Considering possibility of swapping into an E-class lease. Can extra miles be prepaid, i.e. bought/added to existing leases, at a rate cheaper than the 0.25/mile extra mileage surcharge?

I think BMWFS allows one to do this (prepaying for extra miles w/in the last 6 months before the lease end costs IIRC $0.16/mi whereas it's 0.20 or 0.25 if you pay for extra mileage at termination)......... assuming MBF has a similar program?
    Wow, sounds like a great deal. How many miles/yr? Has this promotion ended already?
    hey 1985 MB. I got my car for 27months/10k miles a year.

I considered buying the 12kmiles..but the payment jumped by 35dollars a month, and i knew 10k would be fine, but figured Just in case. The salesman said, about ONE year into your MB...they will call you asking how many miles you have, and if you would like to purchase more miles. The rate that is, i dont know. But my salesman said I will be given a Employee price rate, have no clue on that.

I think i got an unbelievable deal. If you have access to employee pricing, it seems anyone can get this deal, I know for a fact its going on till end of july. So if you can, I HIGHLY suggest it. I feel you can't go wrong with this car.
  • ksomanksoman Member Posts: 683
    Got the E350 4 Matic Sport with Premium 1, ipod, Wood Steering at advertised MB summer sale discount plus employee pricing discount in NJ.
    27 month 12K/year lease @ $435/mo includes taxes, $1930 out of pocket.

Got the employee discount because i'd the MB MVP #... the dealer treated us royally over and above what i'm used to at such dealerships...

Negotiated a similar deal with slightly lower payment in Portland, ME for SIL. Maine has 5% sales tax against NJ's 7%.

I noticed that irrespective of metallic paint or not, the deal was working out the same. Mine is metallic paint.

Overall a pleasant experience, but i'd like to complain a bit...
    $500 for an idiotic little bluetooth interface?
    Can they make the COMMAND module any more crazier? Can they learn from Acura/Lexus?
    The harmon kardon sound system is quite anemic and i'm not talking about watts of power put out, it is just sound quality poor
    The car despite the sport package is mushy at best, i think i prefer the bmw road feel much much more
    but hey, sometimes you buy cars because our shallow world evaluates you by what you drive... meh!
    I'd really like to be able to do this deal -- how does one get employee pricing?
    What is an MVP # and how did you get it?
    well its actually really tough to get, hence why its such a great deal. YOu have to be a chrysler employee...or a immediate family member of chrysler. And mercedes is somewhat strict on this, so goodluck in trying to find someone that is an employee...it can be done. The amount of saving is well worth the time spent trying to find someone. :)
    Maybe I art lucky? A close friend works at MB. MB employees are allowed to get upto 4 MVP #'s issued a year for close family.

@ the dealership, the largest in the NE with 2 branches in NJ, the sales person (A+ quality guy, and that's the first time i'm saying that about a car sales person) and his manager told me at least a good 100 times that i should thank my friend a LOT since the MVP discount knocked off a solid $154 off the monthly payment and $2600 off the down on top of what was already a tremendous deal they were offering through the Summer Love discounts.

ks
    Your numbers and your story does not make any sense....Please do not insult the Real people on this forum with your "fairy tales".... A MB dealer would never allow employee's to give the mvp # out to friends....There are strict rules in place....
  • jets80jets80 Member Posts: 8
    LBIBUM...I'm new to this forum, but wondering if you can say where you got this deal? I'm in NJ, and the best I can do is about $100 north of your mthly payment of $576. Any help on where to go?
  • kroachkroach Member Posts: 12
    Just purchased my first MB and was blown away by the lease rates. I was offered employee pricing which appearently started for the public end of June. My understanding is they take 12% off the MSRP which was $57,260; $0 down; 27 month; 15k miles per year; $610.00 per month. I feel pretty good considering I just got out of a 3 series lease for $745 per month and was quoted $789.00 to lease new 5 series with same miles and $655.00 to lease an infinity M35. Let me know what you think.
    Anyone can get employee pricing right now on the E series. The dealers are given a few numbers to use until the 2008's are gone
    I was debating an M35 as well, and it made no sense to pay more for that than the MB. What state did you lease your MB? Did you have to ask for employee pricing?? I don't know if it's the area that I reside, but the salesmen were not willing to budge much from their MSRP. But this is incredible news...Thank you!!!
    I leased in St. Louis which has a tax rate over 7%. I heard about if from a friend went to the dealer and told them I wanted the employee pricing they were offering. The salesman acted like he didn't know about it but after talking to the sales manager suddenly new all the details. They told me they were recently given three numbers from the manufacturer for employee pricing. Not sure if this is bs or not but it makes sense I guess they can't give away all their cars.
    Thanks for the notice!! I'll give it a shot...Sounds like you got a great deal on that lease. Wish I could just walk in with your numbers, and say "take it or leave it". Hope you enjoy the new ride...
    Wondering if anyone has recently tried using employee pricing on a new E350 within Monmouth County, NJ? If not, just wondering what sort of deals you have currently received, and what sort of lease payments you have gotten??
  • crestonavecrestonave Member Posts: 209
    Anyone know if these deals apply on the e350 4matic wagon? I live in Suffolk County, NY. I see MB is offering 1.9% for 72 months on the wagon.
    I think lbibum your posting is mildly to moderately insulting without knowing me....

Dealers are strictly barred from doling out MVP #'s. My friend does not work for a MB dealer. She works in the corporate office and the rules are quite different.

Irrespective of what you think of me, reality won't change...

Ksso
    Also, just because I do not speak often on any of these forums doesn't make me much less real. I've been one of the very first people on the insideline forums since their inception at the start of the decade....

regards, k
    jets, look up mbusa's website. The deals advertised there are exactly what they are offering at dealerships. Irrespective of what the dealers tell you, these deals are not based on employee pricing, these are based on cash incentives that MB is offering dealers to push cars out as the economy falters and people abandon expensive and/or and premium fuel guzzling options in life.

a E350 is leased at $569 with some down and tax. Dealers are negotiating individually for lower prices due to the huge glut of vehicles that needs to be cleared out.

k
This discussion has been closed.