Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• friendlybayerfriendlybayer Member Posts: 3
    I just walked into a Dealer in Los Angeles today. Here you go the deal;
    MRSP 51000, 27 Mth Lease, $4500 drive off, 10K / Year, the monthly pay is $545 without tax, with 700 MID FICO.

Does anyone know a better leasing program? Please HELP !!
  • automobile1automobile1 Member Posts: 1
    this is what i was quoted for a new lease on a ML 500 pck gr 2 +exterior appearance group:
    msrp:58365
    price 55600
    trade in 14591
    terms 39 mo
    rate 0.003815 (i have excellent credit...i was told this is MB tier 1)
    residual .59
    allow 12000/year
    net cap cost 43209.92

monthly 536.85

can i have some help deciding if it is a good deal or not?
    i am brand new at thos leasing thing and not too familiar with rates and costs...

thanks!!!
  • molearymoleary Member Posts: 9
    Couple of points:

They are making money of the "rate" - more commonly called the money factor. With tier one credit the money factor on that car is .00325. Dealers often mark this up because the consumer has no idea what they should be paying.

Unless you have money to burn (likely several thousand dollars) you should NEVER trade in a car. They are probably planning on making thousands on this part of the deal.

Also - IMHO it is never worth putting money down on a lease. All you are doing is saving the interest expense on whatever you use to reduce the cap cost. You will end up fighting (probably unsuccessfully) to get it back if you total the car.

The residual is correct, but make sure that they are calculating the residual based on the MSRP, not the purchase price. Residual values have no connection to what you pay for the vehicle.

I just finished purchasing a ML500 and frankly think that I got a much better deal on a similar model. Feel free to contact me at moleary@grimeslog.com if you want some assistance. I can also send you an excel spreadsheet that will let you plug your own numbers in to double check the dealer.
  • drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Just read the latest ML350 lease offer at MBUSA. They charge a $795 acquisition fee plus a $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Almost $1400 in charges for the privelage of leasing!!

Are my eyes deceiving me
  • mkbdmkbd Member Posts: 8
    I was just offered the following deal and I would like to know anyone's thoughts:

ML 350 w/premium I and 6cd changer MSRP $46,695
    License, "rental surcharge??", tire & battery fees $266
    Bank charge $1,095
    Dealer fee $599
    Cap reduction (after asking for quote with $0 down) $986
    Upfront taxes $192
    Disposition fee $595
    39 months
    12k miles/yr ($0.25/mi over)
    $566/mo + tax
    Also offered first $5000 of damage & fist 1000 miles over "wear & tear" policy for $675
    Thoughts anyone??
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    Ok - I would be grateful if anyone could let me know if I am on the right track here.

2007 ML350
    Black on Black
    Premium II
    Heated Seats
    CD-Changer
    $3000 out of pocket to drive it off the lot (includes first month)
    $625 per month includes tax - 12K miles per year 39 months

an ML320CDI maybe be $5 less per month

I've been holding off to see if there would be a program in March but MB has been pretty select these days. With residuals on the move I am wondering if I should take this deal.

Thanks in advance
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    I had two leases terminate on very similarly used vehicles at the same time, so here is what I can share about that lesser known period of the lease: The Termination...

Driving my Audi was OK, but boy, the leasing department (Audi Financial Services in Detroit)was a very negative experience at lease end.

Niggling charges up the whazoo on a very, very undermileage car. Mercedes Benz was a wonderful experience on a similarly driven vehicle turned in only two weeks later. If a credit card covers it, MB don't charge for it. No turn in fees for wear and tear. Audi was horrible and had many unjust and even incorrect fees- it was a laundry list.

Somebody should tell AFS about customer service, it was a nightmare to reach anyone there. Of course, I couldn't even get a supervisor on the line at Audi to discuss the issues and the clerks were bored by my calls. I am very dissatisfied with Audi. Kudos to Mercedes though!
  • drleaseshopperdrleaseshopper Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know the residual rates and money factor for a 2007 ML 500?

Credit: over 730 Fico
    Terms: 36 months, 15k miles/year.

I check all over the place and there are huge ranges.... I assume they should be around 60% for 15k miles, 36 months and around .0025 money factor...

Any insight is appreciated.
  • balasa0731balasa0731 Member Posts: 6
    ok. can i do better?

sale price $50,000
    Down Payment $5,000
    10,000 miles/year
    39 months= $556+tax
    fico aprox.750
    if anyone knows a dealer in the seattle area that can offer a better deal let me know :)
  • mlbenzmlbenz Member Posts: 2
    I think I received a pretty good deal after doing some haggling and leveraging an offer in writing on a Volvo XC90.

MSRP 48,095 that included the following:
    MF .0024
    Resid .64
    12k miles 27 Mths
    Premium package
    Heated Front seats
    Destination 775
    Iridium silver 700
    6 cd changer 440
    Out of pocket 2600 included 1st payment

$549 / month

Originally they wanted 2.5k out of pocket, base car no premium package, for ~650 /month or 5k out of pocket base car for 530 month.

I think I did well...always haggle with a competitors quote.
  • mlbenzmlbenz Member Posts: 2
    I think you can, see my post..
  • lau410lau410 Member Posts: 1
    I recently visited my local dealer (in Brooklyn, NY)and was quoted as follows on a 2007 ml350 with:
    -Premium 1
    -DVD nav
    -6 disc cd changer
    -running boards
    -heated seats
    $599/month for 39 months, 12k miles
    tax, bank fee, 1st payment due at signing= $3,369(MV fees not included)
    Does this sound like a good deal?-MSRP is $49,545 and i believe the selling price is 46,100.
    FYI: Last time I checked my credit, back in January, I was tier 1. Now, the dealer is telling me I am not- do you think they could just be trying to charge me more money? Thanks so much to anyone who can help me!
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    I leased an ML320 CDI (Diesel) last day of Feb so keep that in mind as residuals changed but this may help.

Diesel is about $1k more then the ML350 to start
    Silver/Black
    Premium II (2)
    6 CD changer
    Heated seats
    1st 10K service included (not just the normal 1K or 3K look over)
    12k per year 39 months
    $3k down included everything (first month too)
    $625/month includes tax.

Do I like the Diesel? Well yes...I am averaging 24.5mpg around the suburbs and on highways I've gone over 27mpg doing 65 or so. ML350 was a few $$$s per month less but I more then make up for it in fuel savings. Once you adapt to the characteristics of the power band for a diesel the "real world" performance is on par with the ML350 and once up to speed that torque really makes the ML fly.
  • wheatenvwheatenv Member Posts: 8
    Just leased a 2007 ML 350 with P1 package; heated seats; iPod connector; 6 CD changer; trailer hitch. 39 month lease; 12 miles for the following terms:
    - MSRP $48,260
    - Cap Cost $43,135
    - Residual 57%
    - Money Factor 0.00205
    - Drive off $1,852 (no cap reduction except the acquisition fees)
    - Payment: $545.51 (+$45 california tax = $590.51)

Leased through the internet department of Downtown LA Motors. Awesome to work with and best deal around by far. Tried to sell me a "Wear & Tear" package for $1400 and then reduced it to $900 when i told him BMW's is $595. Ultimately i didn't get it.
  • oman9oman9 Member Posts: 97
    Looks like a good deal wheatenv...the drive off was tags, taxes, etc? Can you break it down, the $1,852? I know it's a small amount, just looking to know the details as I've never leased before and am looking to do so later in the year. Also how much negotiating did you have to do to get to your cap cost? Thanks!
  • wheatenvwheatenv Member Posts: 8
    - Acquisition fee of $795 (other dealers wanted $1095)
    - Sales/Use tax $69.30
    - License Fee $344
    - Document prep fee $45
    - Cal tire fee $8.75
    - First month Payment $590.51

Didn't have to negotiate too much. I had low cap rates from other dealers for cars with fewer options and Dowtown LA Motors agreed to match the price on a percentage basis. Other dealers quoted a higher drive off and higher monthly payments for cars with fewer options, so i was very pleased with this.
  • mercassmercass Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy a ML350 on Employee Pricing.
    Please someone let me know if this is a good deal or would better shop around or bargain. Tier 2 MBUSA Credit

27 Months, 10K Miles, 2007 ML350, Black on Black, Detroit.
    Premium Package, Nav, 6 CD, Heated Seats.
    475$ (Including Tax) for 26 months
    795$ (AQU Fee)
    2500$(Cap Reduction)
    150$ (Tax on Cap Reduction)
    200$ (Title and Document)
    475$ (First Month)
    So it works out to:
    475$/Month and 4100$ Down.
  • oiakouoiakou Member Posts: 26
    mercass,
    you need to know the selling price of the car ( a must), and one of : residual or money factor (since one could be backed out from the other, given the information above from your post)... But for simplicity, just ask the dealer for all 3 pieces of information.

given that the dealer did not provide this information to you, it's hard to say how good of deal you're getting.

http://www.carspace.com/guides/How-to-Negotiate-a-Good-Deal-on-a-Car-Lease
    http://www.carspace.com/guides/How-to-Calculate-Car-Lease-Payments
  • jegrahamjegraham Member Posts: 1
    On Friday, I negotiated a deal with a dealer, and put some money down to hold a ML320 for a week. I called the salesman today because I had an question about how much cash I wanted to put down. He then informed me that back in Nov. someone had bought the car, but had never picked it up. It was reported to Mercedes that the car was sold, so there is now 5 months gone off the warranty. Does this mean the car is now considered used?

Because I am leasing the car, I would still be covered under warranty the entire time, but I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about the whole situation.

Thanks in advanced.
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Member Posts: 49
    I've found myself in need of a new SUV in the next few days. Could someone please tell me what the lease rates are for May. Residuals and Money Factor for all terms, please base on 15K/year. Thanks a bunch.
  • tape179tape179 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any good experiences with any Chicagoland (and surrounding suburbs) MB dealers? I went to a dealership today and they really tried to screw me. I let them run my credit which came back Tier I, but discovered they were trying to screw me with the following:
    ML350, P2 pkg, chrome Pack, TH, 6 disc, HS

MSRP 57,196
    Invoice 54,000
    MF .00249
    Residual 53.5%
    No money down, taxes, fees included in note
    $858 monthly payment

Has anyone had any goo
  • matthewzmatthewz Member Posts: 2
    I am in MD, I was just offer 33 months lease on 2007 ML350 with package 1 and heated seats for $4500.00 down includes tax, tag, first month and all the junk fees for $539.44 per month for 10K Miles per Year, The sale price is $43,100.00 Money Factor is 0.00175%. I'll have to pay $595.00 Drop off fee at the end of the lease, Is this a good deal??
  • smitf7smitf7 Member Posts: 15
    I picked up a ML 350 with P2, Heated seats and cd-changer.
    MSRP $51,095. I negotiated a cap cost of $46,841 which works out to including all taxes a payment of $650 even a month. My out of pocket was $1760 including first month, acquisition fee (what a con that is!!!) and dmv. That worked out to a residual of 61% and money factor of 0.0016. I live in Manhattan but bought car from Phil Campbell at Prestige Auto in Paramus NJ.
  • matthewzmatthewz Member Posts: 2
    Was yours 33 months lease? I guess I got a decent deal because almost $2400.00 of my down payment was tax and tag of MD.
  • smitf7smitf7 Member Posts: 15
    Yes 33 months lease. I think I got a good deal based on what others have been paying. Then again, I only got the cap cost down to $1000 below invoice. I am sure he could have done more but I guess he should make some money too.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Does anybody have the lease rates & money factors available for an '07 ML350 for 24 or 36 months with 15,000 miles per year? Thanks!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kp22kp22 Member Posts: 20
    Can someone please provide me with the most recent money factor and residual value on a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles for the 2007 ML 350?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks!
    - kp22
    smitf7,
    Did you use any special employee pricing or anything? the price and the money factor that you got are pretty good.
    thank you,
    -Oleg
    MB has a special for ML350:
    33 mo, 0.00175 money factor, 61% residual, 10K/year.
  • ssinghssingh Member Posts: 10
    I just received a quote on a 07 ML 350 with premium 1 and sports paskage please let me know if this is a good deal

46189.00(2k from sticker)
    3175.00 down includeing fist month and fees
    647.00 a month at 33 months lease rate. Thanks
  • jfertljfertl Member Posts: 36
    Anyone had any recent experience with leasing an ML500. I have been getting quotes in excess of $1100/ month for 15,000 miles per year and no money down. Seems high to me. Thanks
  • twinspeedtwinspeed Member Posts: 4
    Hi Guys abd Gals,

I have really enjoyed reading the different posts. All the information really helped me discover what a decent deal should look like.

Here's mine, not the best but very doable by anyone.

2007 Mercedes-Benz ML350 AWD

Exterior Color: White
    Interior Leather: Beige

Options:
    Premium 1 Package
    Sport Package
    6-Disc CD Changer

MSRP: $48,245.00
    Invoice: $45,522.00
    Selling Price (Cap Cost): $44,022.00

Lease Term: 33 Months 10,000 miles annually

Down Payment: $4000

Monthly Payment (including 7.75% OC tax): $571.47

Money factor (.00185)
    Acquisition Fee $1095.00 (They wouldn't budge on this)
    Taxes $220.65
    License Fee $352.00
    Doc. Prep. Fee $45.00
    Californina Tire Fee $8.75
    Cap. Cost Reduction $1707.00
    Plus 1st Payment $571.47
    = $4000.00 Down

I did this through a broker - Fleet Direct in Southern California. Picked up the car at their office. Took 20 min. and drove away. No grief!

BMW could not go below invoice so MB won.

Have Fun! ;)
  • arm_janarm_jan Member Posts: 13
    Anyone knows what the mf and residual are for July? 36 months 12k a month. Much appreciated.
  • adam26adam26 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know the new MF and residual for a ML 350? I'm looking for 33 months and 10K miles. Thanks!!!
    The money factor .00175
    residual 61%
    33 months 10k a year
  • nascar4nascar4 Member Posts: 1
    what is the best way to get out of a 39 mo lease a year & a 1/2 into it ,car originally cost 50K. Am i being specific enough ?
    Thanks for the information!

I read your previous post. Did you lease the ML 350? If so, are you happy with the car?
  • agwagonagwagon Member Posts: 11
    FYI, my dealer says the '07 320CDI gets the 61% residual for 33 months (10K/year), but not the low MF referred to above that the 350 gets. Base rate I was quoted was .00380!

That sort of negates the $2,000 dealer cash and high residual. Looks like I'll wait for an '08 (prices for which are just out).
    Yes. It is a great car. I just sold my 05 525. I bought the 07 ML350 with premium 1, 6 disc cd changer and appearance package(this is a must). The car is super smooth, love the electonic shifter as it leaves space on center console, 21 mpg and extremely safe and solid. I dont have leather but the MB Tex is real nice,,Also get the black interior as gray just doesn't look good. Plenty of power from the 3.5 L untra refined V6. The X5 are nice but this suv is classy and the 7 speed tranny is smooth. Again sticker 49000 i paid 46190.00 @ 33 months 3k down .00175 lease factor 61 percent pymt with tax 640.00.
  • marcopolo1marcopolo1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone, I'm new and my name is Marc. I think this forum concept is awesome! There's power in numbers, isn't there!

So does anyone know when/what the key lease values (Residual, Money Factors, etc.) will be for leasing a 2008? I'm a Tier1 FICO.

Also generally, how willing are the dealers willing to sell near invoice at the start of a new model year?

Finally, does anyone know what feature changes are in store for 2008 model?

Thanks in advance,
    Marc
  • naielnaiel Member Posts: 3
    best idea is to list it at www.swapalease.com. pls email me as well, naiel at naiel.com as I am interested in assuming a ML lease.
  • rbautorbauto Member Posts: 5
    I'm fixing to begin shopping for a lease on a 2007 ML 350. I should have Tier 1 credit rating and would like a 33-36- or 39 month lease with 15,000 miles. Base with Sunroof. Can someone suggest what my numbers should. Residual-MF etc...
  • dazzmandazzman Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 08 ML350 p1, heated seats, ipod

msrp 49970
    sp 46572
    residual 31481 or 63%
    money factor .00205
    monthly 684

had huge problem with dealer on acquisition fee trying to slip in 795 fee after negotiating selling price. anyone have any feedback on the acquisition fee or "turn in fee"

i think they're both huge ripoffs.

nappleton autoworks - schererville, indiana
    thanks for the note! I'm negotiating right now on a 2007 ML350 since MBUSA is offering $3K incentive to dealers right now. there's a loaded model with a lot of extra goods I really didn't want but will consider if the price is right. so far i'm being high-balled on quotes but as time passes they're slowly coming down. will keep everyone posted.

by the way - has anyone heard prices for the EDITION 10 version? In terms of options, it's really ideal but I wonder if limited-production will hold a premium...
    Summer Love Event. This is the current promotion MB has until Sept 2007.

Does anyone know the promotional Money Factors and Residuals for Tier 1 FICO and 10K Miles/Yr?

I'm going with a 2008 instead of a 2007.

Thanks in advance
    Marco
  • mattermindmattermind Member Posts: 2
    I leased a 08 ML350 with P1, Heated Seats, iPod, Bluetooth.

10k miles/year
    33 month lease.
    $1500 down [tax, title, etc. extra]

Monthly payment: $540

Seems like a decent deal.
    I think you got a good deal. Could you give me a little more information about this lease? Does $540 include taxes? What was the MSRP, sale price, residual and money factor? Where did you lease the car? Thanks!
  • rezultzrezultz Member Posts: 12
    Hi. I've just priced out a 2008 ML550 with Premium3 which comes to $65,900. Can someone tell me what a typical monthly lease payment would be given Mercedes current numbers (for 36 months, 12k/year) I'm looking for an alternative to the extremely expensive 2008 X5. THx!
  • alcarmediaalcarmedia Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car Man and Gang,

I am negotiating a lease deal on an 08' ML 350. Are the terms below 'a good deal?'

Any insight would be appreciated:

2008 ML350 - Non Metallic Paint

Options

040 Black
    141 Black
    P01 Premium Package 1
    057 iPod Integration Kit
    322 Appearance Package
    324 Sunroof Package
    819 CD changer
    864 Rear Seat Entertainment Package

MSRP = $51,670

Invoice = $48,998.01

Lease - 33 months (best terms)

Drive-off total = $2,253.97
    Cap reduction = $0.00
    10k miles per year = $570.13 + tax

Residual = 64%
    Money Factor = .00205

Drive-off total = $2,269.76
    Cap reduction = $0.00
    12k miles per year = $584.72 + tax

Residual = 63%
    Money Factor = .00205

Drive-off total = $2,301.37
    Cap reduction = $0.00
    15k miles per year = $613.92 + tax

Residual = 61%
    Money Factor = .00205
  • denisavu3denisavu3 Member Posts: 1
    mattermind,

If you don't mind, I'm looking for the exact same vehicle. Where did you get this deal from?

Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.