Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• chicagomomchicagomom Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    I'm thinking about negotiating a lease on a 2011 ML350 4MATIC. My 2 must-haves are Navigation (prem pkg 1) and heated seats. Most of the cars I've seen in the dealership are fully loaded or have some variation of this car. What is the best way to approach negotiating the price: $X off MRSP or $X over dealer invoice? I would qualify for the top credit tier.

Is it a better deal to go with 33 or 36 months 15k miles/yr (I could manage 12k/year - if much better deal)? What is the money factor and residual on 15k miles? My dealership is aggressively clearing out 2011s because they are getting the 2012s next month. I'd really rather get a 2012 (better gas mileage) but I don't have the patience to wait for a deal on the 2012. Also, how do I take into account the $4000 rebate. :-)
    Host, can anyone help me here? Can I expect to get invoice - $4000 conquest and another $1,000 incentive (for special event tomorrow)? It seems like getting $5k under invoice is a lot.
  • borg1of2borg1of2 Member Posts: 90
    Hi chicagomom,

Yes, that deal is out there. I got that from a dealership here in FL. Haven't bought yet, but the offer was there. This was without any special event. What special event are they running tomorrow? Is it national or local dealership event?

Scott
    I was told by 2 local dealerships that they were offering an additional $1,000 incentive for their summer clearance event tomorrow (Saturday). I'm in Chicago. Should I be negotiating off of invoice or Edmunds TMV?
    You can try the TMV, but do understand that the TMV may reflect some of the known discount, which was the $4000, so you will lilkely get them to do $5000 under invoice fairly easily, and then you'll have to push to get more.

My beat offer is $499 per month, includes taxes, for a 33 month with 12,000 miles on a ML 350 BlueTec Diesl with Nav, Blind Spot, free maintenance for the lease and a few other options. Putting $4000 down. Don't yet know the numbers that make up this deal as I am just looking at a bottom line number.
    Did you mean $500 under invoice or do you think I can get $5,000 under invoice? CarMan - any thoughts?
    I meant $5000. Good offers start at invoice. The competitor Loyalty gets $4000 off your starting point. Then your local additional $1000 for a total $5000 below invoice.
    You are absolutely right - $5000 under invoice was easy. I'll let you know how things turn out. Thanks for the quick response!
    Please do.

I missed out on the Diesel, but got a RWD for $540 per month including taxes on a 33 month 15,000 mile lease with $2000 down. Pick it up on Wednesday.
    That sounds like a great deal! When you said $2,000 down, does that include your lease inception and fees or is it a $2k cap reduction? What was MSRP versus sales price? What is your tax rate? We are totally screwed here with 9.25% upfront for full value of car + the city of Chicago charges an additional 8% lease tax on the monthly payment. I did not sign a lease yet.
    edited August 2011
    By the way, I don't think you missed much with the BLUETEC. The salesman had almost talked me into it but I took it for a test drive. I felt like it didn't ride as smoothly. It seemed to take a little bit for the car to adjust when you hit the accelerator. Since I do mostly city driving, that would drive me nuts especially since the diesel engine is slightly noisy. Plus with the difference in price and higher money factor, it was more expensive for me to justify any gas savings in the 33 months that I would own it.

My deal is supposed to look something like this for ML350 4MATIC:
    MSRP $55,680
    $46,844 negotiated price ($5,000 less than invoice)
    33 months, 12k/yr
    $503.36/month before taxes
    Drive off payment was 1st payment + $156 ($0 down towards cap reduction) – title, license, registration and acquisition fees were rolled into the capitalized cost

Scott, it sounds like you got a better deal since your number includes tax and 15k miles/year instead of 12k. Thanks for your help! Hopefully, this will work out as expected when I sign the lease on Monday. I think I could have been more agressive on negotiating a better price vs MSRP. I hope at least this might help someone else negotiate a better deal. :-)
    I don't know where they were applying the $2000 down. I was mostly negotiating for a an out the door lease number and I felt what I was asking for was probably getting the best deal as far as cap cost, residual, etc. I will see when I sign on Wednesdat and will post final numbers. My MSRP is the same as yours, $55,835.

The Diesel deal was going to be the exact same deal as I got on the non diesel, so it would have been even better. It was a demo with about 5k miles on it, so they were willing to treat at the same as a RWD model. I did enjoy the short test drive I did have on a Diesel, I liked the better torque that it had and was looking forward to a little bit better gas mileage. But it was not meant to be.

Good luck with your signing tomorrow and post back the final outcome and how your new car feels!!

Scott
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

I am also in the market for a 2011 ML 4matic in chicago area and was quoted $625 for one with $55000 MSRP. Can you share what dealer you are working with?

Thanks,

Marz
    edited August 2011
    Fletcher Jones Mercedes Benz in the city - they claim to be the biggest dealer in the region. Tony C was great!
    Also, keep in mind that I got the Conquest incentive because we currently own a BMW so that was $4k.
    Thanks for your response. I currently own a Volkswagen so I may not qualify for the conquest cash. I heard some dealers get you the incentive even if you don't own a luxury car. Without conquest cash incentive I don't think the outgoing 2011 ml is a very good deal.
    If you are a member of USAA or are eligible to be there is the same $4000 offer available. The money is applied differently for the lease, but it's still a big help. I alsonthink they really want to clear out the 2011, so you should be able to get the conquest as your deriving another brand. Good Luck.
    Scott, isn't the USAA discount $500 below invoice?
    No. It's USAA price which is invoice. Minus $4000 on a ML. It works out better to use the Loualty when leasing due to how the money is considered. The USAA is a rebate so it can't affect Cap Cost. And you can't combine so pick which works better. I liked the loyalty.

Scott
  • seriousbuyer3seriousbuyer3 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, have you heard any new incentives for the 2011 ML350 fro september? Conquest cash etc... Thanks.
    rocka
    edited September 2011
    Hi Car_Man and other memebers,

I just put a deposit for a 2011 ML350 4matic, 33 month, 15K. They are giving me $29500 for my 2009 Lexus RX 350. My pay off is $23000 so it has $6500 Equity. Here is are details:

MSRP: $56425

Cash salesprice: $51776

aquisition fee: $1095
    Vehicle total: $52871

Cap Reduction: $8727
    Mnfg Rebate: $4000

Total cap reduction: $8727
    Customer Cash( my trade in): $6500
    Drive off: $10500 (This includes $4000 rebate for conquest cash)

Adjusted Cap Cost: $44143.81

MF: 0.00067
    Residual: 54%
    State DMV fee: $446
    State Tire fee: $8.75

Monthly Base: $464.36
    Total Monthly payment: $504.99 This includes $15 for prepaid maintanance.

Total out of pocket at lease signing: 0
    $1773 tax and resgistration and first payment rolled into cap cost.

Regarding residual factor, I checked MBUSA and the current offer for ML350 4matic has a 57% residual for 10K miles. Normally for 15K it should be 2% lower not the 3% that they used. Am I missing something?
    I told them that they are marking up MF and they said it is a common practice and they can't give me MB financial buy rate. Other dealers in my area even increase the mf more.

My brother also got another ML350 4matic in Wisconsin using august program. I have some of the numbers for this deal as well:

33 Month, 12K Lease:
    MSRP: $56250
    Invoice: $52874
    Sell: $49200 (My estimation) Invoice-$3647
    mf: 0.00035 (my estimation)
    Res: 58%

Total monthly payment including 5% state tax is $600 + $8 for prepaid maintainance.
    Due at signing: only first month payment.
    He didn't have a luxury car, but I assume dealer gave him $3647 off invoice.

Please let me know what you think.

Marz
    The MF sounds high but I'm not sure what the numbers are for September. If the Edmunds Incentives & Rebates section is correct, the money factor from last month should be the same. However, it seems the $4,000 rebate is no longer available so if they are giving you the rebate, they may be playing with the money factor and residual to make up for it. Bottom line is that the 2012s should be arriving this month so your dealer wants to sell you the 2011 because how many 2012s the dealership gets is dependent upon their current inventory. You have leverage!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi seriousbuyer3. I've heard that the conquest cash is indeed still there, but I am not aware of any other cash incentives on the ML right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    They definitely used the conquest cash and some other incentive since their selling price is $5261 off invoice. They don,t have any control on residual because it is set by MBZ. To me, the only downside of this deal is the high MF and lack of additional incentives to compensate for 2% drop in residual.
  • rerodgersrerodgers Member Posts: 27
    Car_Man,

Can you provide the September MF's and residuals for the new 2012 ML350? 6cyc and diesel.

I am interested in 15K miles per year and 36mo to 48mo leases.

Thanks,

Rob
    edited September 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide the MF and residual for 2011 ML 350 4matic and 2011 ML 350 bluetec?

Thanks.
    Hi Rob. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00195 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi marzsh1. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00032 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 ML350 Bluetec are .00112 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Sorry to bother you again. What are the residual values and money factors for the same leases as above for the Bluetec model? 36 and 48 months, 15K miles.
  • drumsdrums Member Posts: 17
    we are looking for to do a business lease for ml350. could anybody give any advice and best incentives out there? i have heard about 30 mo, 36, mostly with 15K per year. we want to put zero down and do a maintenance plan.

any advice would really be appreicated. what are the best dealers in the northern pa, nj and ny area.

thank
    It's no bother at all rerodgers. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 Bluetec with 15,000 miles per year are .00112 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00112 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

I was looking for the MF's and residuals for a 2012 ML350 Bluetec not a 2011 for 15K leae for 36 and 48 month lease.

Also, will MBUSA do an 18K mile lease? if so, what are those residual values? What is the cost to purchase additional miles upfront?

Thanks
    Car_Man, now that it's Oct., can you give me the residuals and MF for the V6 and Bluetec for a 36, 39, and 48 months lease?

Thanks much!

Rob
  • danc4danc4 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the October money factor and residual value for the MY12 ML350W4 for 36 months and 10k miles? Also for 30 months and 10k. Is there any Value-Added Program for October for MY12 ML350W4?

Thanks,
    Dan
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Does anyone know whether conquest cash will be available on a 2012 M-Class yet this year?

Also - I would assume lease deals on this vehicle will improve in December during the Holiday promotion.

Any thoughts?

I am currently in a BMW 328i and am considering the switch to Mercedes.
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    What are the lease rates for a 2012 M-Class for 36 months & 10k mile and 24 months & 10k miles?

Thanks
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    Hi Car Man,

* Can you give us the residuals and money factor MF for the V6 and Bluetec for a 30,33 and 36 months lease(top tier credit score)?

* Is bluetec a better car than 3.5 ?
    * Also I went to the dealer last weekend and 2012 ML 3.5 with premium package 1 silver mbtext 36 months (about 54000 msrp)
    I got 8000 down(including everything) 36 months 600(inc tax)
    5000 down(including everything) 36 months 700(inc tax)

I feel like it is expensive. It is more than mb web site estimation. What do you think?

And do you think that I may have a better deal if I wait for the end of the year ?

Thanks!
  • cashe77cashe77 Member Posts: 2
    They were offering me conquest cash on the '12 ML350 Bluetec we were interested in.
  • cashe77cashe77 Member Posts: 2
    Ok, here's what I have. Please tell me if it's a good deal.

'12 ML350 BT
    Prem 1 pkg
    running boards
    Keyless go
    wood/leather steering wheel
    Lane tracking

MSRP $57725
    Sale Price $53895
    42 Months
    15k mi / year
    $1500 down + taxes ($1884) + 1st months payment due at delivery ($4105)
    3 year maintenance included
    $731/mo

I don't know what the MF or RV are. I think the RV is 57% but another dealer I was dealing with refused to give me the MF stating that he didn't know it. This is the deal I am about to jump on. So far it's the cheapest I can find. Thoughts?
    Hey kball2. I believe that there's $4,000 conquest cash on the 2012 M-Class right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Kball2, Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 ML350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 73%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00195 and 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi temiz. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 ML 350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00195 and 60%.

The numbers for the 2012 ML350 Bluetec are .00225 / 64% for 30-months and .00225 / 59% for 36-months.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the Bluetec is better than the regular model.

Those down payments that the dealer asked you for are wild. You shouldn't pay any money as a capitalized cost reduction on a lease. You're right, these deals seem really expensive.

Do you currently have a luxury vehicle? If so, you might be eligible for the $4,000 conquest cash incentive that Mercedes is providing on the ML right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    I am just offered one 2012 ML Bluetec.
    Silver
    MB text
    Premium Package
    about 55K for 36 months 12000 miles/year
    they offered me 6K down and 600 monthly inc tax.

I can say that they are comfortable to bring MSRP $4000 down this week which they were not doing last week.
    I think this is reasonable. But we ordered another one and expecting to be delivered in 2 months. when the car arrives to the dealer, will negotiate and get the best deal. Hopefully there will be more incentives by that time.
    Car_Man,

So it looks like the residuals on the Bluetec are about 1% less than the 4matic. Is that right? The residuals on the 2011 Bluetec we 1% higher than the 4matic. The lower residuals and higher money factor along with the $1,500 higher MSRp make the 4matic a much better deal even considering the fuel savings on the Bluetec.

Rob
  • chasieboy1chasieboy1 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    Carman,

I have a deal on paper 2012 ML350 with P1
    msrp $53705
    selling price $46525
    Term 30 months/12K yr
    MF- 1.95
    Acq fee- $1095.00
    drive off- $2000
    Res. Adds??- $769.00
    Doc fee- $45.00
    Residual- 66% or $35952.84
    Monthly payment - $610 including tax (8.25)&2 yrs of pre paid maint.

Plus they will buy out my lease for 5 months on my 09 C Class

Is this a great deal? Any suggestion from any one would be great..Thanks!
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    @Chasieboy - Sounds not too great of a deal. Using a simple calculator, I get the payment being around $500 (taxes out since I don't know your zip). Not sure what prepaid maint adds to that. Also, the early lease termination is still a question so that may be what's causing it to be so high.

Here is what I use for the calculator: http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/
  • chasieboy1chasieboy1 Member Posts: 6
    I tried the lease calculator but its giving me a 4k plus due at signing..with my deal 2k drive off $610/ month (inc tax 8.25%)
  • lisalisa57lisalisa57 Member Posts: 20
    hi there,

i am too looking to lease a 2012 ml350 and was quoted $2k conquest. but was quoted a very high MF. was told buy rate was .00275 and it was going to be marked up to .00325. ive leased a lot of cars and this is the highest ive seen it. is it bc its a new model? the MF ive been reading here at .00195 is this in california region? if anyone can post the buy rate MF for a 36 months 12k miles it will greatly appreciated! thanks!
  • imcarmaniacimcarmaniac Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

I am currently bmw owner and thinking between x5 and ml350 2012. I am more inclined towards ML350 and here is what I was quoted:

MSRP: $58685
    SP: $54685
    Conquest: $2000 (not $4k)
    MF: 0.00195
    Lease term: 36 months
    Mileage: 10K/year
    Residual: 59%
    Down: $3600
    Monthly payment: $685.

I feel this is a really high price. I want to know what would be a right price. Also, how can we very the conquest money?

Thanks a lot for your help.
  • 12vman12vman Member Posts: 9
    Car_man,

What are the mf and residuals on a 48 month lease for 12k/15k miles on a 2012 ML 350 4Matic?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.