Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for idreamofbenz. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey caltman. It actually doesn't matter. The numbers for the 2013 ML 350 are exactly the same for the 4Matic and 2WD versions.

Car_man
    Host
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    My problem with MB usa and financial is when a dealer says confirm the money factor you are quoting from MB, not those posted on the web. I did not do any further business with that dealership. I have found in Southeast florida too much monkey business with the dealerships increasing money factors, padding acquisition fees, and adding on the dealer fees/prep fees/doc fees. If they could a help the dealership building rent fee would be added on.
  • miklk1miklk1 Member Posts: 5
    Any idea if any new incentives or changes in MF or residual on a 36 month 2013 ML350 with 15K per yr?

Thanks
  • caltmancaltman Member Posts: 240
    Car_Man,

Do you have the buy rates on the leases on the M-class for October 2012 yet?

Thanks!
    Hi miklk1. I don't believe that Mercedes-Benz is providing lease support on the 2013 ML in October either. There is now $1,500 conquest cash on this truck though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi caltman. I believe that it's still .00160 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bip22bip22 Member Posts: 1
    I have been quoted about about $4 less for 30 month lease compare to 36 month lease. Salesman has suggested me that I should go for 30 month lease as I would be able to extend my lease for the same payment for additional 12 months. What are plus / minus with his suggestion when it doesn't matter I get into 30 month or 36 month lease.

Thanks,
    B.
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Can you post the deal? How much are they discounting it of MSRP? I have not been able to get a good deal on the ML.
    I have been able to extend leases in the past. You would be better off with the shorter lease.
  • mralburymralbury Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I was wondering what October's money factor and residual would be for a 2013 Mercedes ML550 for 24 months/10k and 30 months/10k.

Thanks for the information!
  • dkhandkhan Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hi
    I'd like to know what the MF and residual value on a 36 month lease on a 2013 ML@12k per year.
    Also, can anyone confirm that the 2013 is eligible for the conquest program??
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Member Posts: 63
    My 2010 lunar blue ML 350 4matic lease is ending January 1st, 2013 (love it!). I only put 20,900 miles on it and it's in immaculate condition, not even a ding on it.
    I'm considering leasing a new 2013 ML 350 4matic arctic white or diamond white with package 1 plus lane tracking package and parktronic (could leave the parktronic if not available, but enjoy it on my current ML).
    I'm not in a hurry to change car and think I will probably get the best rates for a lease in late Nov or December (tell me if I'm correct about this) but wanted to get an idea of what would be considered a good one for such vehicle right now.
    I did get my previous 2 leases (MB R350 and current MB ML350) after checking on this web site that they were good deals and value your opinion.
    I am planning to do most, if not all negotiating online since there is only one MB dealer where I live, in Tulsa, OK and they are not flexible at all
    My local Tulsa dealer offered me a terrible deal both times, but researching online I got a great deal from a dealer in Kansas City who not only gave me a great deal but also delivered the car to me.
    When online negotiating should I empathize my previous ML lease since it has such a low mileage that I think most dealers would be happy to get it to resale. I'm pretty sure that's why I got such a great deal on my current car, since my previous lease, an R350 was also immaculate and low mileage.
    Also, I know I want a lease for 10k miles but do you advise me to go for 24 or 30 months?
    Finally, I read about the "conquest" incentive. Although I currently lease a Mercedes, my husband drives a Lexus RX350, would that qualify us for that incentive? I should add that my local Lexus dealer is a pleasure to negotiate with and I will look into their line, but don't really think I want to go with them (love my MB engine).
    Thank in advance for the help!
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    When my buddy bought his MB 2 months ago they where offering extra cash if you owned a competing car.

If your pay off on your current MB is low try to sell it and make some money.
    I would need to look up the pay off amount but I'm pretty sure it must be bad since I had gotten a great lease deal and I seem to recall reading that you will get best deals if the pay off amount is overly inflated on the deal.
    Can't win both ways I think!
    I will try to bring my husband's Lexus to get the extra discount.
    It seems MB financial doesn't support any lease right now, right?
    What would be a good/realistic monthly lease deal once they do support it, perhaps right after Thanksgiving, into Christmas?
    Hello mralbury. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 ML550 with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00160 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dkhan. You didn't mention which ML you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a 2013 ML350 4Matic. Let me know if you want something different. Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of this truck with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The 2013 ML-Class is indeed eligible for conquest certificates, specifically $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
  • mngmng Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man:

I think something is off in the numbers the dealer gave me for an ML350 lease. I qualify for the special 30 month lease they advertise on mbusa.com. My car MSRP is $56,800 and we settled on $55,200. It has a 63% residual according to the website and I believe you list the money factor as .00160. When I follow Edmunds math something is off. The dealer quoted me all included with the $5300 down (acquisition fee of $795, plus $3800 capitalized reduction, and one payment down), they come to a price of $805 a month. My state has 5% sales tax in this scenario on the 'use'.

My car is only $3200 more than the example on mbusa.com yet my payment is nearly $200 more a month! I know taxes play a small part, but that is maybe $35-40 on top of the payment. How should I proceed?
    I think you should walk away from this deal. You should get at least 5000 off MSRP.
    edited November 2012
    Car-man, if you see my post above, I want to lease a 2013 ML 350 4matic.
    My previous ML350 4matic expires Dec31st.
    I know I will qualify for the top tier lease offered by MBUSA.
    Do you think I should look into leasing right now that the winter event started (it says good till Nov 30th), or do you anticipate (based on previous years) that a better lease will be offered in December?
    Also what are the values (money factor and residual) for the winter event lease for a 2013 ML 350 4matic for 10k/year, interested in either 24, 30 or 36 months, whichever is best.
    It's really hard for a woman to get good deals so I'm hoping to get some help from this forum as I did the past 2 leases ;)
    Planning to do most negotiating through emails. Can you tell me if I should mention that my previous lease ML 350 has super low mileage (only 21K right now)? And I also have a Lexus, so can I qualify for the "capture discount", competitive brand?
    Car-Man, any help with my lease here or is there another forum where I can get help?
    Let me know soon please as my situation is getting urgent.
    Thanks in advance
    I have been trying to lease a ML 350 since about July when they started the lease pull ahead program. I could not work out a good deal and I am waiting for December. I have had my dealer obtain a vehicle in production due in December. If I cannot workout a good deal then I will pass on that ML. At the end of November and beginning of December I will contact other dealers to find out incoming units as a back up plan. I hope the residual value goes up in December as my opinion is it is at least 4% lower than it should be. Ultimately th cap cost will either make or break the deal. Hopefully the dealer will work with me and that the winter certificates will also be available. My other options also include a BMW X5 35i premium, Infiniti JX, and both the Audi Q5 and Q7. I welcome any comments or thoughts.
    Hi mng. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you definitely should be able to get a larger discount on this truck. This deal doesn't look great to me. You should consider shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
    That's an excellent question roxanne1010. Let me begin my answer with the disclaimer that it is impossible for anyone to predict what an automaker will do with its future incentives with 100% accuracy. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that Mercedes' December deals for the 2013 ML will be at least as attractive as its November offers, if not more so. Last year the programs for this model carried over from Nov. to Dec. basically unchanged.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

I suppose that it couldn't hurt mentioning that your current ML has very low mileage, but don't count on that doing anything for you.

Mercedes is not providing any conquest cash that I am aware of in November, but it does have $1,500 Winter Event certificates out there on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    hi Car_man, could you tell me more abut this "$1,500 Winter event certificate"?
    I did contact my local dealer who told me he could get me $4500 discount on a car. I think it's not really good. What do you think? It's not exactly the car I want (has options i don't want, trailer hitch, keyless go and pre-wiring for rear seat entertainment, but not Parktronics, which i wanted) but close. He said he searched around the entire US and that's the closest to what I want. He found it in NY for $56,595 MSRP. He said the monthly payments are about $685-$695 with taxes included (about $52 I think, based on my last car lease).
    He's talking about .0016 money factor and 57% residual (I told him I only wanted to hear about the lease supported in the Winter event, and I'm glad he gave me the correct numbers here) with $3,810 due at signing (that seems high too, I told him I'd want to put the least amount possible and he said it would be just taxes, acquisition fee and 1st month payment). I asked him to provide more details about the signing payment, especially the acquisition fee which I thought was supposed to be the $750 destination fee.
    I am not planning on getting a new lease until late November, since my car payment isn't due till Dec 1st, but can wait till the end of December to get a better deal.
    What do you think about the $4,500 discount, it's not enough right, especially if there is a special "winter event certificate"?
    Any discounts for recurring MB lease customers?
  • kc822kc822 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Can you help me out with MF and Residuals for both 2013 and remaining 2012 ML350 Bluetecs at 12k miles a year? I see my nearest dealers still have 2012 stock on hand. Hoping there is a competitive deal to be had there. Do you happen to know if there are any big factory to dealer incentives to move out 2012's?

Thanks!
    Two more question Car_man: how easy is it to extend a lease? Who do you contact? Do you always get the same monthly payments you were paying before?
    And what are the numbers for the Winter event for 30 month lease/10 and 12k and 36 month lease/12K?
    Reviewing the past posts from other customers it seems I may get a better monthly payment (once the selling price is negotiated) on a shorter deal.
    Thanks for your advice ;). Would never consider leasing without your input!
    I believe roxanne's deal is not as good as it seems. With $1500 winter cash and probably an extra $2000 at lease signing, you are only getting $1000 of MRSP. I am taking into consideration 1st month, bank/ acquisition fee, and motor vehicle fee should be around $1800. I would take the $1500 off invoice of the vehicle and work from that number. Unfortunately I have not had success trying to negotiate as this is a very popular vehicle.
    Thnaks for the advice mlevine!
    I was going to mention to the dealer that I know about the $1500 winter event certificate but not sure it's worth getting him more annoyed with me yet (I am questioning everything about the money due at signing and he's pissed off) since I think I should really wait till December to see if the supported lease gets better money factor or at least higher residual value. Also, this car isn't exactly equipped with what I want (has no Parktronics but instead has keyless entry, trailer hitch and pre-wired back seat for entertainment, which I don't even see in the list of possible option, and certainly don't want).
    Although he says that's the closest to what i want available, I think I will ask him to take his time until late Dec. and find one closer to what I want, then mention the $1,500 certificate. However, he made it clear in his email that no matter what vehicle I go for he will give me $4,500 discount non negotiable (and acting like he's really doing me a favor). Getting a good lease is really more stressful than I want to and don't know if I'll do it again, probably not from MB dealers anyway. Got a surprisingly good deal last time but had to contact over 10 dealers before I got it.
    edited November 2012
    I would contact other MB dealers to see what inventory is coming in. I personally speak to sales managers and only deal with sales people to test drive and go over features. I would also have a backup plan such as looking at BMW X5, Audi Q5 and Q7, and infiniti JX. Test drive them as you may not like the vehicle. Remember You Are The Customer and do not worry about hurting any ones feelings. The car buying experience is always a challange as they try to wear you down and make you take a deal that you may not be happy about.
    Yes I will do that. I test drove the X5 but didn't like it. I will go test drive the Q5 this weekend (don't need 7 passenger car so the Q7 is out) and already enquired on this forum about the Q5 lease numbers.
    I wish I could contact the sale's manager directly but right now I have been emailing back and forth with a car salesman and don't think I will be able to bypass him!
    edited November 2012
    Find out when the salesperson is off and then call the dealership that day. Ask for the sales manager and say you were working with person X and they are off and I need to discuss the details of a ML 350 we were working on. Express your concerns about the high fee upfront of $3800 and that you know of the winter cash and would like a better deal. Make sure you have the numbers such as invoice of the ML 350 you want and the leasing numbers such as rsidual and money factor. Work up from invoice minus winter cash and even start lower. If you test drive other vehicle find out who the manger is and then call the manager once you reviewed the numbers at home.
  • jefe_3jefe_3 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Hi All, is there anyone that could give me information on 2013 ML63 residuals and money factors along with any adjusters (like auto-pay against money factor, msd, etc.)? I would really appreciate it.
    edited November 2012
    Thanks mlevine, not sure how to find out about his day off, but you are right, I should try to take it with the sale's manager.
    The sale's guy explained about the $3800 due at signing that $1095 is for the acquisition fee (is that fee negotiable?), the rest is regular 1st month payment, registration and taxes. I was surprised about paying the taxes in the signing payment as on my last lease I didn't pay any taxes at signing. But then I didn't buy it in OK but in MO so maybe that's why it's different. I told him I wanted to put the minimum down and he says this is the minimum.
    I also had a question because in the advertised lease the monthly payments are $619 for a car of similar MSRP as what I am looking at, and with a "dealer participation" negotiated price that's actually higher than what my dealer is talking about. But when I pointed out that he's talking about $685 he said that it's because the $619 doesn't include taxes. So I'm not quite sure why I'd pay taxes both at signing as well as in the monthly payment. Do you have any idea about this?
    I'm definitely going to take your advice about the sale' manager when test driving the Audi and probably the Lexus RX350 (although not sure I can do that since we already bought an RX 350 2 years ago, so I will probably be referred to the same sale's guy, who was not bad though).
    Also, in my experience, even though I always "do my homework" and research the cars I am interested in really well, I never get a good deal in person since men generally don't take women seriously, and I always prefer negotiate through email (sometimes even pretending to be my husband!). Last time he got a call about the deal I was working on and had no idea what they were talking about!
    Contacted the sale's guy again to tell him I knew about the $1500 winter rebate and wanted to see if he included it in the $4500 discount he told me was non-negotiable or if it would be additional to it. He said it included in it and that he said it was really a great deal with the car sold only $299 over invoice and that with the Winter discount it actually becomes an under invoice deal at $1201 under invoice.
    I told him I know that MB pays the $1500 so the car invoice is basically reduced by this amount and would wait for better deals later in December. $3000 discount isn't serious right?
    Also, don't think I can look at the infinity as it's the same dealer.
    Car_man, or whoever knows:
    I saw that my current lease residual value is$29687. I checked the BB value and it seems to be considerably lower than what it's worth for a 2010 and 21,200 miles on it. This car runs like a dream (being French, responsive acceleration is my favorite part, I have a bit of a "lead" foot!;) )
    I have 3 questions: I only have one last payment due Dec 1st on it. If I were to purchase it at the end of November, would I still need to make the last payment?
    Also, is the price firm or is there room to negotiate? If yes, how much, especially if I bought it after having made all payments? Finally, who would I need to contact , how is this handled?
    I only tried 2 dealers so far but pretty sad that it's this difficult to get a reasonable deal and started to panic about the fact that soon I will have no car if I don't find a good deal! It doesn't help that I'm in love with the ML and all other cars fail to impress me.
    edited November 2012
    I should add that the residual value on my lease was 53% (MSRP was 56,015). So it seems that the residual value price on my contract is a good deal, car is spotless and I know it has no mechanical issues of course! Advise me if that price is good, just in case I give up on getting a good deal on a new lease please;)
    Am I right in assuming that we would have to pay taxes on the sale?
    Sorry, I just wanted to check BTW that the residual value on my contract is actually the same as the payoff amount?
    The lease aquisition fee is marked up by $300. Check your states tax procedure as most states due not require all taxes up front except New Jersey is one of them. You still are giving back about $2000 which offsets the $4500 discount off MRSP. I always look at invoice take off any discounts, and work my way up. Watch out for money factor mark up so you need to find out leasing details available on this site. I would read up as much as you can on leasing, this wiil help you see where extra money is being added to the deal which means you are paying more for the lease. I have walked away from many leases which I felt were a rip off. The MB lease which is up this December was my third choice in vehicles. My first choice was infiniti M37 glad it did not happen, and second choice was BMW X5 i premium but supply was low hence no special deals.
  • cogitoergozoomcogitoergozoom Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year?
    Hi roxanne1010. Mercedes dealers are being given a certain number of certificates that they can choose to use on deals if they want to.

I personally think that a $4,500 discount on this car is very reasonable. The .00160 money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well. This seems like a very straightforward dealer to me thus far.

Mercedes-Benz financial charges a $795 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. This charge is different than the destination charge that appears on every vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello kc822. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 Bluetec with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 2012 model are .00160 and 60%.

Mercedes-Benz is providing $1,500 dealer cash certificates on some 2013 ML models as part of its "Winter Event." I am not aware of any huge cash incentives out there to help move the 2012 models.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    Hey roxanne1010. Extending an existing lease is usually fairly simple if you're allowed to do so. Just contact the bank that you are leasing through, which in this case is likely Mercedes-Benz Financial, and ask them if they are willing to extend your lease.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 ML350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

36 to 39 months is probably the sweet spot for a lease on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jefe_3. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML63 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cogitoergozoom. Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 ML 350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    As soon as you know I would appreciate information on the ML 350 4Matic lease numbers for 24, 30, and 36 months at 12 miles a year. Please also let me know about any additional incentives besides the winter certificate. Thanks for all your help.
  • 9times9times Member Posts: 7
    Car-Man: I'm working on a lease deal for a 2013 ML Bluetech, and it looks like it will not be completed before December. The lease will be for 24 Months and 10k/yr. I understand that the November buy rate/residuals are .0016 and 72%. I just want to make sure that I have the numbers for December when they come out, because those are the ones that will ultimately apply to my lease.

So...... when you have them, will you please post the December buy rate MF and residual for a 24 month and 10K/year lease for a 2013 ML Bluetech.

Thanks in advance.
    Just completed the lease a few hours ago. Palladium with P1 and lane tracking MRSP $55945 and cap cost of 49795 with bank fee, dealer fee, and $300 administrative fee added to the lease agreement. Deal was 30 month at 12,000 miles a year. With tax $730.38 a month and only $1040.38 down. I went with 30 month for lower payment compared to 24 month and hope the lease pull ahead deal is available 2 years from now hence really a 24 month lease. I believe this was the best deal I could get as ML 350 is a hot vehicle. I hope this is helpful for others on the site and I am open to any feedback
    I am looking for a quote on a 2013 ML 350 4Matic. What is a good discount for this car. I have a quote for 10% off MSRP.
    Does anyone have the money factor and residual for 24 or 36 month lease with 15k miles per year?
This discussion has been closed.