Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Roxanne,

That edmunds TMV is soo wrong!! please, take the time, to READ the past 3 pages of this section. I stated to you already, the national ad is a bad deal. You can't get discouraged because of some jerk salesman.

There are plenty of deals to be had. These guys want to make the most profit, and you want the biggest off msrp. Either you win or they do. To suggest saying the national ad is a good deal, at 4k off is crazy. I mentioned to you, there is 2k in lease cash!! You should be working from INVOICE, not msrp.
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Member Posts: 63
    Don't worry I'm not planning on taking it, as I said, the dealer was really pushy and awful, he was furious when I emailed "no deal" and promised I would regret it.
    But I'm a bit doubtful I'll be able to get a deal as great as what you suggest, even trying with the dealers in Dallas.
    What would you suggest I ask in my mass email?
    Do you give them your bottom price right away?
    I'm looking at a car with very few options (P1, heated front seat, and hopefully nothing else other than possibly running boards) but it looks like it's really hard to find, they all have trailer hitch...options I don't care for (of course, I'd take them if they were given for free ;) .
    Not sure I'll be able to find a car with such low level of options.
    I really would prefer to pay no more than mid 500/month.
    What should I ask as far as the down payment?
    PS: Since I'm not planning on getting the car until around the 27th, 28th of December, is it too early to contact dealers yet?
    I should had that I contacted the dealer from OK city all the way back Nov.19th and during 2 weeks, all he said was: "i'm looking for one" so obviously if I want to close this deal before the "winter event" ends (with the great money factor) I may need some time!
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Member Posts: 23
    Can you email at brentkhack@yahoo.com I have a quick question for you. Thx.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    There is a new ml 350 due -- 2011 or 2012 model. Better fuel economy -- a bit smaller. Don't ask when it debutes -- don't know but the closer it gets to the unveiling the lower the prices will be on the old models. Maybe why that explains the big discounts available on the 2010's. MB must be cutting some great dealer incentive cash in addition to public rebates. I'd wait til spring to lease if you can -- deals will be great for the "Spring Sale Event" certainly no worse than the Winter deal -- probably better.
    Wow,
    I had no idea.
    Here I was scrambling to make sure I'd take advantage of the winter event thinking that there wouldn't be anymore good deals until May, when I have to turn in my R350.
    That's great to know.
    Thanks, it would help me have a more relaxed holiday season, instead of the double stress of the season added to dealing with seriously unfriendly dealers.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Tried with 2 dealers already and pretty much told me that I am miles away.

==========
    For an MSRP of $50,525, payments of $540 + tax with $0 cap cost reduction
    Residual: 52% (3yr/36k miles)
    MF: .00054
    Add $2,000 cash to dealer.
    ==========

I guess they don't like small profits. I think I will stick with the XC90 R Design I have coming in.
    Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter There are lease deals for every season.
  • rocky725rocky725 Member Posts: 30
    Here's my final deal - 2010 ML350 4WD:

MSRP - $55,885
    Selling Price - $49,000
    Miles - 10K per year
    Monthly Pmt - $615
    Drive Off - $1,600 (first month, bank fee, reg xfer)
    Residual - 53%
    MF - 0.00035

NY metro area. Picked up the car this week.
    The 615 must include tax. Using your numbers came up with 565 per month. Only 1800 in tax, wow. In illinois i would need 3185 tax to do that deal. NY has better leasing.
    Correct - 8.125% tax on just the depreciation
    Pretty decent deal -- you NY dudes get tax breaks all over the place. Maybe i'll move there to lower my cost of living. ;) One thing to consider is rolling everything but the 1st payment into the lease. Keep the cash in the checking account and use it to pay down the monthly rate. That way you get a real zero down lease. Make a payment and get the keys and drive wherever. Enjoy your mb.
    You have to be kidding me! Four of the five dealerships in Houston goes as follows. Two (owned by same company) said they could do lease titled in FL. The other two are at $840 and $819 for a $52,685 ML 2WD for 36/15k lease. That is with about $1200 total cash down. The last one I emailed today. I am working now with a CO dealership now that seems to be close to what we need. I wish this was easier.
    I think if you pay the bank fee up front you avoid paying sales tax on the bank fee. That is why I didn't roll it into the lease.
    Edit to my last post, the two dealerships could not lease if titled in FL. But Murray Motors in CO was great to deal with, but we fell short of a deal. If MB gets more aggressive with lease cash to make my deal work, I will be calling Murray Motors again.
  • xmonaxmona Member Posts: 9
    is this a good deal

2010 ML350 4WD:

MSRP - $55,885
    Selling Price - $49,000
    Miles - 10K per year
    Monthly Pmt - $555
    Drive Off - $3255
    Residual - 53%
    MF - 0.00035

Long Island, NY
    Would be better if you could shave another 1500-2000 from the drive off by taking that off the sale price. Don't know if your market will support that but would definitely shop that deal before I signed.
    I looked all over the NY/NJ area and $49K was the best deal I could find for that car (ML350 with MSRP $55,885). I think it's a good deal (and I leased one at that price this week). Others have found better deals in the DC metro area but I was unable to replicate. You will find a consistent suggestion on this board is to minimize the drive off payment because if the car is stolen or totaled you will likely lose that amount. You're better off taking a slightly higher payment...especially with the interest rate in this case being less than 1%.
  • budnisabudnisa Member Posts: 4
    Does any know what the money factor and residual are for 36 month, 15k? Are there any deals on the Bluetecs right now??
    15K Miles:

2010 Mercedes ML350 4matic - 36 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00035 Money Factor

2010 Mercedes ML350 BlueTEC - 36 Month – Residual 52% of MSRP – .00096 Money Factor

Don't know about deals on BlueTEC.
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    BlueTec has special finance as low as 1.9 % APR, but no lease specials.
    Today I contacted a bunch of dealers within 220 miles from Tulsa, as advised here.
    I just have 2 quick questions:
    when I leased my R350, the dealer told me that if at the end of the lease I leased another MB from him, I wouldn't have to pay the end of lease, returning fee (I think around $700).
    Can someone tell me if that fee goes to the dealer or to MB, and therefore if I lease another MB (the ML) from any MB dealer, would this other dealer be able to wawe that fee?
    Also, if a dealer doesn't have the car I want but says he can get it shipped to his dealership for a fee that he wants me to pay, should I agree or try to negotiate for him to take it off (seems to me that paying for destination fee is enough already and that shipping fee should be part of the charges incurred to dealerships anyway). Also, if the dealer doesn't have the car I want in his inventory, do you think I be able to negotiate a good deal?
    Thanks for a prompt answer and wish me luck!
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    The lease termination fee goes to MB, not the dealer. MB bills you for it after you turn in the car, or waives it, depending. This is an MB program.
    The dealer pays MB the destination fee as part of the cost of the car. No getting around this. The charge is the same for all dealers.
    The dealer can charge an additional fee to locate the car you want, so take that into account when looking for the best deal.
    You should be able to negotiate a good deal either way, excepting the extra charge (if any) for securing the car you want. Of course, the dealer would prefer you take a car he has in stock. Quicker and less hassle for him.
    And since you are in no real need to deal now -- if you wait a few months you will see new inventory at the dealer and save the shipping. You resolved to wait but seem to have changed back to sounding desperate to make this deal NOW. Trust me, I speak from experience when I say doing this deal now will not make your life seem better for more than 1 week. Especially if you don't get the color you want. :confuse:
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    You should definitely get the color you want. Nothing is worse than regretting the color every time you walk up to your car.
    Was offered this lease on a capri blue ML350 4matic: $56,015 MSRP, lease price (including $2,000 lease cash) $50,000, base payment for 36 month/10,000 mile will be $592 with a total out of pocket at signing of $1966 (includes all fees and first payment).
    This dealer is 5 hours away from Tulsa, so will only consider driving there if it's a good deal.
    Already asked if that is the best they can do but would like to have some feedback on it anyway.
    Thanks
    I still would rather wait and do this in the spring, since I loath the idea of having to drive at least 10 hours back and forth, during the busy holiday season.
    However, I would really like to have a 4WD to handle the snow and ice we sometimes get here (I live in a super hilly subdivision and 2 years ago got stuck at home for one whole week).
    Also, Vchad pointed out that the 0.00035 Money Factor was incredible and may never be back again.
    However, I have determined that unless I get the blue one, I will just wait until spring and cross my fingers that the same deals will be offered again, and that the stock for blue ML gets replenished :) .
    What do you think of the deal I just posted? it is for a blue one, but again, it's 5 hours away from here :(
    I assumed your R was awd. The deal on the ml is hard for me to judge. It seems ok if they payoff your R. There may be more of a discount off msrp. Ask for 3k more to do the deal before Dec. 31st then wait til xmas eve to reply if they say no. Maybe they will counter and you can reach a compromise. You have to communicate with a cold heart and no emotion or they won't give you the best numbers. Don't let them sense you have any sense of urgency. They want to sell a car before the end of the year so maintain control.
    Sure .
    That's pretty easy to do since I'm really not looking forward to driving there and as I said still love my R350, except for the lack of 4WD.
    They did just reply that 50K is their best price (from $56,015 MSRP) and I replied I'd really prefer $48,500 (read your reply about not getting back to them until after Xmas one minute after sending my request for $48,500!).
    Anyway, if they turn me down, I'll wait until Xmas before trying one last time.
    At least this dealer has the car in the color I want and are very fast at replying.
    I really appreciate all the advice I'm receiving and know that whenever I get my lease it will probably be the best deal I could ever get thanks to this great forum.
    Just read this from a dealer trying to convince me not to wait until spring: "Residuals play an important part in the calculations of your lease payment. They are higher at the beginning of the model year (now) versus the spring (towards the end). The pricing on the ML does not change but the residual drops thus costing you more for the same lease."
    Is this true? in which case I shouldn't consider waiting until spring then.
    Sounds like someone wants you to buy. Residuals do drop but extra cash from MB can make up for that. Say you understand about the residuals and will consider a spectacular offer to buy now but with xmas shopping blah blah you may have to wait anyway. May have to consider a less expensive vehicle etc. Trust me -- they want to make a deal before the end of the year!!! That being said you are getting close to a decent deal on the 2010. Just be patient until the end of the month to see if it gets better. You could also get an acceptible price and say you want it shipped to you for $100 to close the deal.
    You should definitely look at the Lexus 350-Acura MDX -even the Acura Rdx if don't need a lot of room. The RDX isn't that much smaller than the ML and with awd thousands less. They should all be players in your choice -- go test drive them and see what kind of $ you will pay and if they will take your R.
    I ran the numbers on your deal and came up with $606.Their offer was a bit betterthan my #'s so it isn't bad. Fees extra. You didn't mention taxes. That being said the deal is worth working for a bit more. How they respond to your offer will be interesting. Other than the first month payment I'd roll the other fees into the lease and keep the cash in the bank to pay down the increased amount. If you can get 1k off the price of the truck that will bring you to a payment close to the one you were quoted with almost zero down.[1st mo +$400] so at another 1400 off you have a very good deal. Roll it all in at the offered price. First month payment and you drive off. Taxes? You can deduct them off your fed tax. Since you are swapping cars shipping would only work if they deliver the ML and take the R You mcan do the paperwork by fax so it is possible -- worth inquiring about.
    Right now I got a no at $48,500 but didn't push it. I asked the dealer to contact me again on the 26th and remind him I know about the $1775 dealer discount in addition to the $2K lease cash back (a different dealer told me about that discount :) ). He told me that at $47K (what I countered yesterday) he was loosing $2K, so I think, if he contacts me on the 26t we are probably going to agree at $49K (which I saw here is what people leasing cars with MSRP just 50 bucks under this one are getting lately, so not a bad deal it seems).
    I'm intrigued about your idea to have it delivered here for a fee (hopefully $100).
    I was actually considering asking them to meet me on the way, halfway between Tulsa and Kansas City, but thought they would never go for that.
    Is it possible to have the car delivered to me? What about the issue of switching lease and turning in my R350, using the lease loyalty program, how would that work? would they bring me the ML while driving away the R350?
    Sounds ideal to me, so please let me know about it.
    Thanks
    Definitely worth asking them yes.
    I think I'll wait until the 26th (hopefully they'll have rethought the $48,500 offer, although I think they'll only agree to $49K) before asking them about the possibility of having the car delivered, and the R350 turned in.
    I'd like to know right away if it's a possibility but don't want to sound to eager, otherwise, I'll be stuck at their $50K offer I think.
    Let them sit on the 48500. Now there is one other thing you can do. You can contact the sales mgr directly and make sure he knows about your best offer which you believe is fair. Make sure not to negotiate with him -- just be friendly and wish him/her a happy holiday. ;) Remind him that you are willing to drive 10 hours round trip to his dealership. You hope he appreciates that effort on your part to complete the transaction before Jan. 1st. If he gives you what you want ok but if he cries he's losing money say you weren't vcalling to negotiate just making sure he is aware of where the deal stands. Only talk to the mgr -- not your contact.
    Now that's the part I'm not quite sure I'll be able to do.
    I don't know who the manager is, and feel weird just calling out of the blue and saying I'm not negotiating, just want to say happy holiday :blush:
    But will follow your other advice and wait until after Xmas to contact them.
    hey Roxanne,

It seems you've really caught on to this whole car buying fiasco. Jayrider has given some very good avice. Keep in mind mercedes-benz promotion runs till january 4th. Its the End of the year....End of the Quarter. They will sell you a car, trust me, your phone will ring, you can bet on it. Stick to your guns, I mean be as cold-hearted as you can, you have to be strong with your price.

Now as for the 1775 extra discount you were saying, can you elaborate on that? it seems you have found something I have no clue on. thanks
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    It is true. When residuals drop - your monthly payment will go up. It is also true, that money factor is extremely low right now, and most likely, will be higher in spring. Even if factory will give some extra incentives - it will not help you with a lease. It may only help you with the purchase. As example: right now, there is no good leases on 2009 models, because they are considered 1 yr old, even though they are brand new - it's cheaper to lease 2010 model.
    All I'm saying: DO NOT over-negotiate. If you have a good deal on the color you want - take it and don't wait till the last minute.
    It is true - the specials are until 1/4/10. But believe me: After 12/31/09 Dealers will not have any motivation to deal with you anymore, because the month and year is over.
    But before you drive 5 hrs - you have to make absolutely sure, that they will not sell this car to somebody else while you are driving there. Because if somebody walks in and wants to buy it, maybe even pay good price for it - they will sell this car in a heartbeat. You have to complete the entire deal over the phone. They can fax you all the information including credit application. You can give them deposit by credit card over the phone. You can pay them for delivery. The delivery truck should cost about $100 - $200. Anyway you'll spend about $100 for gas, to drive back and forth. The truck will deliver your new ML and pick up your R to deliver back to the Dealership. In California, Dealers deliver cars home even if it's 5 minutes away - just ask...
    Ok, if you feel uncomfortable with the happy holiday spiel. If you haven't heard anything in a few days you can call the mgr directly -- tell him your name and the sales person. Ask if he is aware of your deal and that you are out of town. Tell him that this is not the only option you are considering. You feel the offer is fair. Have him get back in touch at his convenience.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi brentkhack. Mercedes is running a special lease program on the 2010 ML320 right now. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of this truck with 15,000 miles per year are .00096 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi brentkhack. Yes, Mercedes-Benz is still providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 ML350.

Mercedes-Benz is assuming a $3,750 customer capitalized cost reduction in its advertised lease for the 2010 ML Hybrid. Keep in mind though that it is in your best interest as a consumer to not put any money down when leasing.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, roxanne1010. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 53%, respectively.

You can and should lease any vehicle that you're interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. The less money you have to pay at lease signing, the better.

This truck's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate. Look up the dealer invoice price of the exact model that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site and shoot for a selling price of $1,000 over or better.

Car_man
    Host
  • cal_92cal_92 Member Posts: 26
    Car_Man,

Are the numbers the same for the 2010 ML350 2WD? (ie, .00035 money factor and 53% residual)?

Your help is much appreciated!
    Hi cal. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00054 and 53%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that MB is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigcat007bigcat007 Member Posts: 21
    Car_man, please help us.
    My total MSRP with options is $ 56,675. What should be selling price for lease? Also need residue value and money factor in following conditions:
    1. 36 months x 15,000 miles/year
    2. 36 months x 18,000 miles/year
    3. 39 months x 15,000 miles/year
    4. 39 months x 18,000 miles/year
  • lowrider11lowrider11 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for all the great info. posted in this forum. I may not have received the absolute best deal, but could not find anything better in my area (tried 4 dealers in NJ/NYC). Although its not a good idea to put a lot of money down, I received better quotes when I put more money upfront as opposed to rolling it into the monthly payments.

The following is the deal I got. I hope it helps others in the NJ area.

ML350, 4Matic, Black, P1 pkg, Heated Front, Running boards, Pre-Wiring, Wood/leather steering wheel. Plus 3 years scheduled maintenance.

36 months/12k mi. yearly
    MSRP: $55,165 + maintenance (~$700)
    Money Down (includes all fees/taxes/etc.): $5,000
    Monthly (including taxes): $499

I can forward dealer information to those interested.

Thanks.
    hi, would you mind sharing where you got this deal?

I'm ready to get this car. email is vinodc at gmail.com

thank you
  • vetteman13vetteman13 Member Posts: 12
    Looking to get a silver ML 350 before the new year - would like to know the dealer that gave you that deal - sounds more than fair!

Ron
  • whenzucwhenzuc Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me where you got this deal? i am whenzuc@aol.com
    How much did you put down above taxes and all fees? Did you give back another car as well?
  • vetteman13vetteman13 Member Posts: 12
    You can send me the dealer info at rdftutor@aol.com THANKS!!
  • lowrider11lowrider11 Member Posts: 4
    I have responded to those that provided their emails.

Also, I forgot to mention in my original thread that I was eligible to receive up to $1500 fleet credit from my employer.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.