Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• alice321alice321 Member Posts: 3
    I am getting confused. I read posts here and the HOST wrote that monthly payments should be in the $800s with tax if we are talking about the same car. The MSRP here is 56,000, a little more. Can you explain if others are getting the car for $650 plus tax and minimum drive off on at least 15,000 miles per year? How can it be? All the dealers quoting me in the 700s plus tax and at least 2K drive off, which pushes to 800s with tax monthly. Also, what would be the correct money factor? The deal is for 39 months. Would 36 months be better or it does not matter? Thank you all.
  • icb2779icb2779 Member Posts: 25
    36 months will up the monthly payment. The program is really on 36 months but when you split residuals 39 months becomes a better program. What state are you shopping in? The better shopper you are the cheaper the price gets. E-mail me with any other questions. :)
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    39 month is the way to go, because residual does not change from 36 month - which is special by itself.
    Another way to lower payment is to take less miles per year. Take 12,000 miles per year, which is 1,000 miles per month (not a lot of people drive more) and your residual will jump up 2% - that will lower your monthly payment. You don't have to drive 1,000 miles per each month, but the total mileage has to be 39,000 miles at the end. Anything over is .25 cents per mile.
    When you reach 39,000 miles and lets say you still have 1-3 month before the lease ends, I'm sure any Dealer will work with you to replace your car earlier. Plus, MBF always have Loyalty Accelerator programs, where they don't charge remaining 3-6 payments, if you want to replace for another Benz.
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Guest Posts: 10
    Hi all,

I was just wondering if you think the ML350 needs running boards? Is there a big step up into the vehicle? We are going to the dealership this weekend to place an order and we just wanted your input on this.

Thanks in advance.
    Its actually easier to get-in without running boards, because ML has very low car-like entrance. They have 2 kinds of running boards: pipes and steps. Steps may help a little, but pipes are more for the overall look, than actual assistance.

Don't order steps separately, because if they are not part of MSRP (sticker) - they will not residualize in the lease and you have to pay for the installation separately.
  • icb2779icb2779 Member Posts: 25
    Its not a must with kids but I find it helpful. In addition to that, it gives the ML a much sporty look for a small amount of money. If your leasing its about $9 or $10 more per month.
    Today, MB Financials came up with Summer Specials. All ML-Class specials are extended until August 2nd. You can see all the specials in full details here: Mercedes-Benz Finance and Lease Specials . Also, you can see the breakdown of what changed from May to June in positive or negative way.
    OK guys, based on my sources, 2011 ML-Class will not change much. It will be basically the same as 2010 model, except for some few enhancements. You can see all of the changes from 2010 to 2011 here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz News, Media and Specifications, right on the front page. If this info moves from the Home page - just click "Reviews".

New models will be available for sale in July - about 1 month from now. So if you wait another month you may get into the new 2011 ML model. New models will have much better Residual value, so the leases will not be worse, or I think actually better than on 2010. But if you need to finance - I think it's better to get 2010 while they're still available with special low APR's.

You can use this info as a negotiating tool to get better price on 2010 model, because Dealers want to get rid of all remaining 2010 models, so they get a good allocate of 2011 models. You can tell them, that you'd rather wait for the new 2011 ML, unless Dealer can give you a good reason to buy 2010 (huge discount)...

Hope it helps.
  • mbdealhuntermbdealhunter Member Posts: 11
    First off, thank you to Car Man and everyone else for this forum. This is my first ever post on a forum like this, but for the past month I have been all over this board looking for information on a good ML350 4 Matic lease deal. In the end, I consulted with 5 Long Island Mercedes Dealers and the best deal turned out to be the first offer so I guess I wasted 3 weeks shopping it around.

Here is what I got;
    2010 ML 350 4 Matic
    Blk/Blk Tex
    P1 Package
    Heated Front
    Rear Ent Pre-Wire
    Chrome Handle Inserts
    Burl Wood Accents
    MSRP $54,0145

Final Sell Price $48,785.02
    $1,509.12 Total Due at Signing which included 1st Month and all
    39 Months
    10k/yr
    $651.25 Month

I really shopped it around and I think this is a great deal, because 2 out of the 4 other dealers basically acused my of making the deal up. The other 2 just flat out said it was too good to match. ( I appreciated their honesty. They didn't give me the come in and we'll beat it run around. They were straight up)

In the end, the deal is real and I have taken delivery of the car with no hidden costs, and only $1509.12 due at signing. If you are looking on Long Island and you think this is a good deal, let me know and I can give you the salesman's contact information to see if you can work the same type of deal.

P.S.
    Although I already have the car, I am a glutton for punishment, so please let me know if the deal isn't as good as I thought.
  • s9r9d4s9r9d4 Guest Posts: 10
    Can you email me with the information???

Email is: european12323@aol.com

THANKS!!!!!!!
    Congratulations, if your MSRP was $54,145, (because it has too many numbers), it means that you bought this car $2,230 below invoice. Excellent deal!..
    Does monthly payment of $651 include tax?
    Thanks Storm. Sorry about the extra number the MSRP was $54,015.

The sticker is as follows;
    $48,200
    Chrome Handle Inserts $90
    Rear Seat pre Wire $160
    Heated Fronts $740
    P 1 Package $3,950
    Destination & Delivery $875

Total MSRP $54,015

Yes, the $651.25 includes the tax as well.
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    As per the forum rules stated below please give us the name of the dealership. Thanks

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
    The dealer is MB of Massapequa, which is actually now in Amityville, NY, since they moved 3-4 years ago. Salesman was great, the business/finance manager was great. They also had about 23 ML's in stock. Good luck.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, mbdealhunter. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your new lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride, I know you will...I used to have an ML350 and I loved it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • porsche11porsche11 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, Car_man

Can you give me MF and residual for 2010 ML350 4matic?
    39months 15k/year
    Thank you.
  • mightyjohnmightyjohn Member Posts: 10
    Just wanted to share some info with everyone since you've all been so helpful. My R350 lease was due to expire this month and I was about to extend it for another 12 months after MB Fin approved the extension at the same price. Then a dealer that I've been in contact with for a couple of months calls me up and tells me that he was about to get a bunch of ML450s. The rates were .00007 and 37% residual for 60 months. My only hesitation was the 60 month lease until he told me it was for UNLIMITED mileage. Which was something I've never heard of. I guess MB wanted to see how well these new Hybrids would handle with extensive usage.

The deal for the $65755 MSRP, P1, Lighting, Running Boards, Parktronic, etc.

$650/month
    $1315/down (1st month, doc, & a little cap cost)

All in all I think it was a pretty good deal for at $65755 car and unlimited mileage.

One problem when I got to the dealership, he tells me that there's 1700 miles on the car and it was a executive demo. But it had a brand new car sticker on it and they were leasing it as new. It really didn't matter to me as everything looked new and I had unlimited mileage on it. I think they have a few left, all Iridum Silver.

The car drives super quiet on battery. It does take a little getting use to when it shifts from battery to gas and has a little bit of a kick when you first step on the gas.

Hope this helps someone looking to get into a ML450. Good luck. Thank you all again for your great post.
  • fish65fish65 Member Posts: 1
    Was offered the following and would like to know if its a good deal or maybe I can do better, Here is what I got;

2010 ML 350 Blue Tec $49,700
    Arctic white/Cashmere Tex
    P1 Package $3950
    Wood/Leather multifunction steering wheel $580
    Burl Wood trim
    Brushed aluminum running boards w/rubber $660
    Pre wiring for rear seat entertainment $160
    heated front seats $740
    destination and delivery $875

Total MSRP $56,665

Final Sell Price $50,863.96

$1,786 Total Due at Signing which included 1st Month DMV etc...
    39 Months 10k/yr
    $699 Month (including taxes)
  • danelmixdanelmix Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I don't have all the numbers in front of me. I do have the car, so I completed this deal as follows....
    Sticker:
    2010 ML350 4Matic.....$55,525 Odometer 21 miles
    The Deal:
    39 months
    4,000 due at signing
    589.00 INC TAX...NJ

I had two dealers willing to commit this deal, and about 5 who said "no way"

I liked it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Car man or others,
    Can you please post/confirm the lease programs for August as follows:
    1. 36mo/10k per year need money/residual for diesel and gas '10 and '11
    2. Same or whatever program for hybrid for '10 and '11

Also, any lease cash on either of the above for the month? As always, thanks for your support and help to keep us all better consumers!
    Here you go, porsche11.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00260 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $4,600 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new truck, mightyjohn. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, christiands.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00260 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 ML450 Hybrid are .00218 and 56%.

The numbers for the '11 ML350 4Matic are .00145 . 56%.

The numbers for the '11 ML450 Hybrid are .00218 and 56%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $4,600 cash incentive that is available on the '10 ML350 4Matic, $3,500 on the '10 ML450 Hybrid, and $4,000 that is available on the '11 L450 Hybrid. Mercedes is not currently providing any cash on the '11 ML350.

Car_man
    Host
  • christiandschristiands Member Posts: 36
    Well, I typically do more research and/or wait for some opinions (especially carman). But with supply low and the fact that diesels typically don't lease well; we took it. The hybrid wasn't going to happen. Some details for your review and critique:
    '10 ML350 Bluetec, Black/Black $58,265 MSRP
    Options: P1, Wood/Lthr wheel, running brds, heated seats, Parktronic, LIGHTING!!!
    (there aren't many out there from what I saw)
    Sell price: $51,300 (USAA +), 36mos/10k, residual 56%, mf .00112 (gave it to them for a little price push and they included a few hundred in extras)

Early turn in on R Class, MBF paid last 3 payments, and I had to take the tire/wheel coverage based on the runflats ($675 ish). To my knowledge there isn't any more cash on the lease deals for diesel '10s (confirm and make me feel bad if you must).

Monthly $699.xx including 6% tax, total due just under $1,000.00 (acq rolled)

Had to drive 5 hours to a great dealer to get it (local dealer is 1 mile away), and avg was almost 28mpg on the way home at 80 mph plus with A/C on.

No buyer's remorse here, but let me know how you think this turned out.
  • jfer25jfer25 Member Posts: 5
    Can you please let me know which dealership? Thank you!
  • SunnyboyzSunnyboyz Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Would you know any dealer who has a ML450 hybrid?

Thanks
  • pitbull666pitbull666 Member Posts: 13
    Hello ALL,

After a little negotiation, this is the deal I am finding currently.
    2010 Blue tec blk on blk
    MSRP- $57205
    options- P1, Heated front seats, aluminum running boards, nav, towing pack/hitch etc
    Sale price- $49852
    Lease for 36 months with 15,000 miles $695 month tax inc.
    Drive off of $1385 due.
    I am in socal.

What do you think of this payment? What am I missing out on price wise or is there something else I should get included? Is the lease price too high, please advise if anyone has received a better deal.

thank you
    I have been looking for this car for a week and cannot find it, that is why I am thinking of settling for the BLUETEC.
  • 70wash70wash Member Posts: 13
    "When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $4,600 cash incentive that is available on the '10 ML350 4Matic"

Hello Car_man,

Is this still available for September? How does this work exactly?
    I priced a 2010 ML350 4MATIC with P1 package and running boards using Edmund's new car link. The invoice price came out to $51,365. Does that mean another $4,600 off that? I see others on the board are paying less than $50k which leads me to believe it is.

If you could also post the money factor and residual for 10k/yr and 39 months for September, that would be great.

Thanks in advance
    Hello,

I am about to lease this car and with the new cashback from Mercedes the deal is excellent I think.

Can someone with this car tell me what they think about it? How is the dIESEL? Overall what makes this car $4000 more than the basic engine?

Price wise we are talking about a 57,5k msrp and sale price of $46,100.
    Lease for $624 mth 707 down 15k miles year. Anything else you can get added to the deal? Do they throw in oil changes and service items like this?

thank you for the feedback.
  • newbie38newbie38 Member Posts: 15
    Hi all. I have a 2010 leased out since May and sustained minor body damage on the front fender. My question is if i bring this back to the dealer for repair, will they note that on my account that i damaged their leased vehicle? or should i take it to another dealer.. are the info shared across the MB networks?

Thanks!
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    As long as it is repaired correctly it will make no difference. Get it fixed properly where ever it is most convenient.
  • newbie38newbie38 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks. Does anyone recommend a reputable auto body shop in Nassau/Queens area?

Thanks
  • lou2007lou2007 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone taken delivery of a 2011 ML 350 4-Matic? I am looking for best negotiated sales price.
  • lou2007lou2007 Member Posts: 6
    CAR MAN - Can you advise on my deal below. THANKS!
    2011 ML350 4 Matic
    p1, lighting and heated front seats
    MSRP - $55,600
    - $1804 dealer cash
    -$1500 fleet discount
    Sales price $52,296

12k/yr - $2,256 due at delivery $687.95/mth 36 months
    total due at delivery.
  • chopper518chopper518 Member Posts: 1
    Norman Collision in great neck on great neck rd Gary and Timmy do fantastic work and are very reliable have been using them for over 10 years still drive to great neck from suffolk to get my cars fixed
  • chanti1chanti1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

I live in Cleveland. Here is the price that I am being offered for a 2010 bluetec ML350.

It is White w/Cashmere, P1 Prem Pkg, Wood/Leather Steering Wheel, Burl Wood Trim, Brushed Aluminum Running Boards, and Heated Front Seats.
    MSRP 56,665.00 Cap Cost 47,260..

Is this a good price?

Thanks
  • chanti1chanti1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Did you lease this vehicle? What options were included in this?

Thanks
  • garylamgarylam Member Posts: 10
    I am getting this one on Long Island NY
    2011 ML350 4Matic
    Silver, P1, Wood/Leather Steering and Heated Fronted Seats
    MSRP: $55,925
    Sale: $52,500

39 months
    10k/yr : $605 + NYC tax
    12k/yr : $620 + NYC tax
    0 Down payment
    Due at delivery : $800 Bank Fee + DMV + 1st Month = around $1700

My sales person is professional. Just took us 15mins to finialize the sale price.
    Hello 70wash. The $4,600 dealer cash is indeed still available in September. In fact, Mercedes is providing another $1,000 on top of that for consumers who lease. All of this cash is being provided by Mercedes to dealers to use at their discretion. They can apply none, part, or all of it to your deal depending upon how hard a bargain you drive.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 ML350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00240 and 52%, respectively. This is MB Finance's standard factor. It varies by region and credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lou2007. The truck that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $3,800 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the $3,300 dealer discount that you were quoted at around $500 over invoice...which is a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor of .00045 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    @Garylam, have you tried pushing harder? Never heard of a dealer closing with the best price in 15 minutes.

@Carman - is this a good deal? I was thinking of the same config with 12K miles, but I was really trying to keep it below $600 with the NYS tax. Any chance I can get that?
  • garylamgarylam Member Posts: 10
    that's $550 pre tax. x 39 months = 21450 total payment (47% depreciation , 12k)
    Full price = 45638

You have to bring the sale price to ~46k...
    @garylam: yeah, maybe that's just a pipe dream :( Which dealer did you pick it up from? I'd becoming out of Brooklyn so maybe I can pick it up at the same place.
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Hi Car_man,

Would you happen to know what the numbers are for October on 2010 MB ML350 4matic in Northeast (Boston area)?

Thank you in advance!
  • asr515asr515 Member Posts: 30
    Car_man, I'm looking at a 4matic, P1, running boards, heated seats. Here's what I've been quoted:

MSRP $56045
    Cap Cost 51,200 (includes $1500 fleet discount)
    39 mos.
    15k/year
    53%
    $625/month (includes tax) *my calculations show the monthly payment should actually be $596.71/month (including tax)
    $2340 due at signing - 1st month, DMV, bank fee, "processing fee"; which I think is ridiculous but, how much of these "fees" can I get taken off the table?

I'd also like to know if the residual and money factor I was quoted is correct.

Thanks in advance.
  • asr515asr515 Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2010
    One additional question; dealer #1 claims I can get the money factor discounted from .00020 to .00010 if I do autopay (of course, his initial "offer" is horrible). Dealer #2 says that isn't possible, his numbers are posted above. Who do I believe?! :confuse:

And additional "note" on my above post: Dealer #2 claims the $625/mo is what his "program" says. I've used leaseguide.com to run my number making deals on 2 other leases and never had any discrepencies...I just need some reassurance from the edmunds folks that this dealer obviously adding some numbers into his calculations!
    I have an "autopay" discount as well, but I am not sure how they get to it (whether they use the MF or some other trick). AFAIK, they get a kickback from MB Financial to get you to signup for it.
  • kwatson1kwatson1 Member Posts: 8
    In New Orleans..

Looking to lease a 2011 Mercedes ML350 with P1, rear entertainment system..

Is there a better time of the year to get a lease on these than others? I am able to a new lease starting today to April. Is October the best time to get a good deal on the lease, or does Mercedes traditionally have better programs in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, or Mar?

thanks!
  • fpinhofpinho Member Posts: 58
    Hi,

Does anyone know what the residual and money factor are for a 2010 ML350 4 Matic I live in NJ.

Terms 24 months 10K per year and
    36 months 10K per year

If its not too much to ask could you also post the numbers for 2011 model?

Thanks ......
This discussion has been closed.