Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• awd250awd250 Member Posts: 63
    You should be able to get the cap cost down into the 40's, and I think the MF of .00001 is only good til 1/3
  • pitbull666pitbull666 Member Posts: 13
    Super DEAL!!!!!!!!
  • dkrimgolddkrimgold Member Posts: 24
    Nice work! I feel bad for the dealer ;)

D
  • phonemonkey350phonemonkey350 Member Posts: 3
    2011 ML350 BlueTec, Obsidian Black

Premium 2, lighting, full leather, heated/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, 3-zone climate, heated steering wheel, blind spot assist, parktronic

27 months, 15k miles/year, $3500 ($1500 is taxes) up front

$615/month with USAA discount

Only bad part about the deal I can think of is the 10-14 week wait for the build and delivery. This was under the promos that ended 1/3/2011, hoping to have the car mid-March.
  • cneffcneff Member Posts: 65
    2 items to check

How much will the lease rate change in March -unfortunately it is not locked in and could effect your monthly payment. Dealer should be able to give you a range.

Check with USAA that the discount will still apply even if they stop the program. I'd get a confirmation from both USAA and MB direct.

Good luck!
  • cc12359cc12359 Member Posts: 31
    Is $615 including tax? tax rate?
    Not including tax, paying those up front.
    USAA should be ok, the offer is good for 60 days and can be extended if needed.

The dealer gave a range of about 5-7% on either side, but feels confident things will be as originally quoted. The absolute worst case scenario (no USAA and a blah MB promo) would put this at about $735, which is still cheaper than a similarly loaded RX 450h ($780) or x5d ($815).

I don't really think the RX can come close to either of the Germans, and the x5d has a too many rough edges for the price it commands.
  • toptubetoptube Member Posts: 9
    Hi CarMan, What is the residual value & MF for January on a 36/10k ML350 with RSE?
  • am1199am1199 Member Posts: 10
    Hi CarMan,What is the residual value and MF for January on a 27/15k ,33/15k,36/15k ML350 4MATIC AND ML350 BLUETEC ? Thanks.
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    it's that time of the year again that I am shopping for a car, and my lease with BMW is over in 25 days...so I was looking at this car. Hoping that a dealer will give me a sweet deal that I can't refuse. LOL
    The only options I am looking for on this car are the following (invoice prices I'm looking at):
    Leather Pkg - $1,655
    Prem. Pkg - $3720
    Heated Steering _ $209
    Heated Frt Seats - $698
    Keyless entry _ $1,060
    Heated rear seats - $577
    Total invoice - $45,561
    The dest fee of $850 I guess I sld pay upfront and not finance. I don't want to put any money down, (or should I?) Wld lease for 12,000 miles or 15,000 miles 36 months. What are the residuals and money factor on this vehicle, and I read that there is a $1,000 incentive. Also, does MBNA have maintenance free as BMW? I live in NY and would pay for taxes upfront and the registration etc. Is there anything else I am missing?
    What is a good deal and monthly should I be looking? Thank you for you help on this. (I have lot of questions for you, sorry
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, toptube.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 2WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00060 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi am1199. Mercedes-Benz Financial's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00032 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00032 and 53%.

The numbers for the '11 ML350 Bluetec are .00134 / 68% for 24 months and .00134 / 58% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi voldermort. Unfortunately, Mercedes-Benz does not offer free scheduled maintenance on its vehicles like BMW does. That's one major negative with getting one.

Please see my previous post for this truck's current lease program. MB Finance's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15000 mile per year resids.

I need to know this car's MSRP in addition to its selling price (which I can deduce from its invoice price) to calculate a lease payment. Let me know what the MSRP is and I'll gladly work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • rajkumrajkum Member Posts: 1
    I just finished the deal last week.
    ML350 4Matic, P1 package( navi etc) ,heated front seat,4 yr maintinance.
    Total MSRP comes approx 57500.
    15k/42 M
    650 Pm final
    out of pocket 700 including first month payment,DMV fee.

like BMW they do not include maintinance, you need to add as option like I did.
  • ethankaileyethankailey Member Posts: 1
    2011 ML350 2wd, P1 with Keyless go, and other options that brings the car to $55,800.

Lease at $1300 Drive off with $535 per/month, 12k miles, 48 months....

Seems bit high... Thank you in advance for your answers!
  • nova_mb_mannova_mb_man Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the latest MF and Residual information for the following on a 2011 ML 350..

36 month term with 15K miles per year
    48 month term with 15K miles per year

36 month term with 12K miles per year
    48 month term with 15K miles per year

Also, what is the current Acquisition Fee that MB Financial is charging for these leases?

Thanks
  • kpfurykpfury Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Hi,

I'm getting a 2011 ML350 4Matic for the following:

MSRP = $59,085
    - 39mo, 12k/yr
    - $0 down (only tax, dest and 1st month up front)
    - Premium 2 Pkg
    - Sport Appearance Pkg
    - Wood/leather steering wheel
    - Running Boards
    - Heated front seats
    - Free 3yrs Pre-paid MB Star Service

All for $635/mo. The residual is 53% I think, and money factor 0.0003xxx. Is this a good deal? By my calculations, I think the sale price comes out to $55,000, or right around invoice...
    Hello nova_mb_man. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML 350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00032 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00032 and 47%.

The residual values for leases of this truck with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

MB Finance's current base acquisition fee is $795.

Car_man
    Host
  • stackett82stackett82 Member Posts: 1
    mind telling me what you negotiated the sticker price down to?
  • npthebruinnpthebruin Member Posts: 2
    Carman - Do you know what the February Money Factors and Residuals are? I am looking to buy a 2wd ML 350 this week. 12K and either 36 or 48 mos.

Also, this is the first time I am trading in my old Mercedes from lease. Will they get me for mileage wear and tear even if I trade in or can I negotiate that away?

Thanks so much,
    Neil
  • amcdadamcdad Member Posts: 61
    Carman-

What is the February money factor/residual for the M-Class Blue Tec for 15K miles and either 24, 36, or 39 months (not sure which length offers the best deal). Also, I see that over the past 6 weeks, folks have gotten between 4K and 7K off of the list price- are you aware of any discounts/rebates/holdbacks that could have been used in those deals?

Thanks!
    Carman- I just saw that MB is advertising a 27month lease deal, so any info on the MF/residual for 15K miles for that deal (as well as any available discounts) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    I certainly do Neil. Mercedes-Benz Finance's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00087 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00087 and 49%.

Chances are that you will have to pay for any excess mileage and / or wear and tear on your new vehicle, unless the dealer has some pull with MB Finance. It wouldn't hurt to see if they can do something for you. I've heard about luxury brand captive finance companies being lenient on returning customers in the past.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello amcdad. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2011 ML Bluetec with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 68%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00156 and 58%.

Other than a $1,000 conquest cash incentive for current owners o competitive luxury makes, I am not aware of any cash incentives on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi amcdad. The money factor for a 27 month lease would be the same as the ones that I've mentioned. I'm not sure of the residual value for that term though because Mercedes-Benz has a special program that it calls "Value Added" that enables consumers to use its normal residual values for slightly longer terms, i.e. its 24-month resid for a 27-month lease. I have a feeling that this model might be eligible for that program.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman- Thank you very much for the help!
  • car_dudecar_dude Member Posts: 21
    There are also Employee Discounts, for ML it's $3,000.
  • nlm83nlm83 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Carman
    Hoping you might be able to help me out. I am trying to lease an ML 350 with PI package.
    Sticker is $55.165
    Sale Price is $50,640
    Its a 42 month lease/ 12,000 miles year. ( I wanted 36 but the numbers didn't work.) Early pull up at 39 is possible.
    I am being quoted $636.93 which seems a little high. Do you have an idea of where you think I should be when I use the Lease Calculator I get a much lower number. Monthly tax rate is based on 6.75%
  • mb_e63mb_e63 Member Posts: 3
    I am new to the leasing game. We tried to lease a 2011 ML350 MSRP $53,375.. here is the best deal they presented us.. with MB tier 1 lease terms..

27 month lease
    12k miles a year
    $670/month
    $1035 due at signing

We do have a trade-in that I know is messing up this deal because they supposedly will work in the last few payments for us, but I know those payments are worked into the lease..

Any suggestion as to how I can work this deal to my advantage?
    I pulled the trigger on the ML350 deal.

Sticker is $56,045
    Sale Price is $46,961
    Term - 48 month lease
    10,000 miles year

Due at signing - $1,670 (1st month & acquisition/DMV fees).

Monthly payment - $475 (including taxes).

I was concerned about longer lease term (48 month), but I like the car enough to drive it longer. And the MB warranty is exactly 48 months, giving me peace of mind in terms of coverage.
  • ocbishopocbishop Member Posts: 1
    What state did you find this sweet deal in? :confuse:
    I am in texas.. Upon further review the dealership told me they made a mistake and that there was no way they could have done that deal. I thought it was Xmas in Feb...
    it's in NY
  • sp32sp32 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you please provide Feb data for the following:

15,000 miles per year
    ML350 4matic
    36 month lease

Money factor
    Residual
    Lease Acquisition Fee

Thanks in advance.
  • bustedstuffbustedstuff Member Posts: 11
    2011 ML350 4MATIC

MSRP $56,995
    Selling Price $50,588
    3yr/30k mile lease
    residual: 57%
    money factor: 0.00058 (1.39%)
    acquisition fee: $795 (they tried to charge me $1095)
    $603.32 w/tax (9.5% CA)

$2200 due at signing (1st month payment, title, license, DMV fees)

How did I do?

thx
  • bluelondonbluelondon Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, looking to lease a 2011 ML350 with P1.

I visited Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach today. I was kinda excited since hearing about all the $500-ish monthly leases out there, but after talking to FJ for half an hour, the best deal they could give me on a 2011 ML350 with black/black and P1 package was $608 a month, and that with $2400 down, for 36mo/12k a year. Finaly car price was around $56300, he said they can cut it to $54000.

I really wanted the updated sound system that came with the P2 package but he said that bumps the monthly payments up to around $740!! No way I am paying that much more for just a better sound system and key-less go.

Is this a good deal? What can I haggle with them over? Also they will beat any other price on the same deal so if I can find another dealer doing a better deal, that would be good too.

Thanks for any help
    So as it stands, that's the best price I have. $608 including tax.
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    Hello bluelondon

I just ran some numbers from Edmunds.com's market value pricing, here's what comes up.
    2011 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC
    Base Price $45561
    Premium 1 Package $3720
    Palladium Silver Metallic $670
    Destination Fee $875
    Total Price $50156.00

Selling price should lower than that.
    I would only pay the first month plus dmv fees plus document fee plus inspection. your price out of pocket should be $852.00 (608+145+75+12+10)
    I have a 36 month 12k/ year lease...
    They said MB have a 5 month early pull up prgram at 31 months.. say i have 36,000 miles at 31 month of the early pull up.. will i be nailed for the over milage? what if i trade in for another MB? do i have to pay for the overmilage or its simply treated as a trade in?
  • hangsoohangsoo Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in ML350 and got an offer from a dealer in NJ.
    I have 5 remaining lease payments for LEXUS IS 250 which is 354/month.
    He said he will absorb it and gave me following deal.

MSRP: 54,615
    Selling Price: 49900
    Out of pocket: 2000
    Monthly payment: 584/month including tax and everything
    Lease term: 48 month

Do you guys think this is a good deal?
    Thank you!
  • hangsoohangsoo Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to include mileage.

10k/year
    No problem amcdad.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello nlm83. According to my calculations, this truck would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $569.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mb_e63. You really should ask the dealer how much they are charging you for the ML that you're interested in. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this truck's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, sp32.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 ML350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 53%, respectively.

MB Financial charges a $795 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigpig426bigpig426 Member Posts: 15
    tbrown, I'm in the LA area too. Can you tell me which dealer you got your car from? Many thanks.
  • nlm83nlm83 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much Car man. I am trying to pull the trigger on a deal. Thoughts on march lease numbers? Any history from previous March deals?
    Hi, I'm new to the ML forum. Before I begin, I would like to thank everyone for posting your experience purchasing/leasing an ML. They are extremely helpful.

I'm looking to place an order for a RWD ML350 equipped as follows: Steel Grey (metallic), P1, Lighting Package, Appearance Package, and Running Boards. The MSRP for the car is $54730, with invoice of $50961 according to Edmunds. The best price I have so far is $49230 ($5500 off MSRP). My goal is to get $7000 off MSRP, as some posts indicated that was the deal they got. I live in Southern Cal and would appreciate your advice if that's too much discount to ask. If not, please advise if you know where/whom I can possibly negotiate a $7K off MSRP deal. Thanks!!!
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    You have a couple of problems. First: It's almost impossible to find Lighting package in So California, because nobody asks for it. Dealers don't want to over-equip their cars and get stuck with it. And I don't know why do you need Xenons in SoCal anyway.

2nd: There is a huge shortage of ML-Class, because it was surprisingly (to MBUSA) oversold in 2010.

Third: You can get the best deal on ML if, and that's a big "IF", you can buy the car, which is available in stock for an immediate sale. Because if you order the car and wait for it 3-4 months dealers are not motivated to give you any discounts, because it does not make any sense to promise anything for them. They sell cars to highest immediate bidder.
    So to get the best deal, especially the discount you mentioned, you must buy from stock. Can not be ordered, unless you are willing to pay more.

Also, while you have the right MSRP for your configuration (which probably does not exist, unless you order), you have the wrong invoice at the same time. The invoice is : $51,462.
    You can calculate invoice of any Mercedes-Benz here: Mercedes-Benz Invoice Calculator. This is the only web site, where you can get an EXACT invoice of any Benz. Just enter MSRP and enter "0" in the Gaz Guzzler tax, because ML does not have any.

You can get more than $5,500 discount, but it depends, what kind of car is currently registered to your name. MBF has Conquest Program.
    What cars do you have registered to your name right now?
    Many thanks for your reply and the tip about invoice pricing. You are on the money about the shortage and dealers are more willing to negotiate only on cars in stock. I have never ordered before, so don't have the experience. Sounds from your post that if I order a car it's not a binding sale, i.e., just a promise to purchase it? In that case, I can see why dealers are not willing to negotiate. Can I enter into a sales contract at the time I order so the dealer have a sale and therefore is willing to negotiate? Sorry if these are obvious questions.

This will be my first MB. I have a Bimmer and a Honda, so I presume that will not help me with the MBF Conquest Program.
This discussion has been closed.