Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• mini2012mini2012 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Matt

Did you pick up your Mini already ?
    Any info on the residual/money factor for a 2012 mini hardtop.

thnx
  • msingletonmsingleton Member Posts: 4
    Yes - I picked up my Mini yesterday. The rates are VERY favorable right now for the base hardtop. For a 10K mile lease, the residual is .68 and the money factor is .00170. In addition, Mini is giving $500 cash back right now. My car was fully loaded (MSRP $27,500), and I was able to negotiate the price down to $26,350 not including the cash back (which is still about $1100 over invoice but that seems to be typical if you have to custom order a car - I couldn't get it lower at any other dealer). My monthly payments were $279/month with $0 down. Ironic, because my last 2009 hardtop was MSRP of $26,000, and with $0 down, the monthly payment was $312 - but that lease was underwritten during the credit crunch in summer of 2008, so I paid dearly for that....

Hope this helps. If you're interested in higher mileage leases, 12K is .67 residual, and I believe 15K is .66

These rates also do not apply for the S model - which I believe has significantly lower lease residuals.
    Congratulations on the new car and thank you for posting the info.

I tried putting the numbers that you gave me for a 2012 hardtop for 36 month lease but it showed me a monthly payment of 331$ (unless i am doing something wrong) . Also when I went to the dealer ship the guy there told me that " since mini is custom ordered there is no room for negotiation"...is that true ?

I wanted tech package/w nav and for that i had to custom order it. but this is what he told me how much it would cost : the car was coming out to 24800/ its a automatic mini hardtop w/tech package and automatic ac.....he told me that after 3500 down my monthly installment would be 260 inc taxes.

Any idea if what i am getting is a good deal or not and any suggestions on what i should be aiming for ?

I thought that 2012 automatic mini hardtop with moonroof/automatic AC/ harmon sound system was going for 199 ?

i am really confused...any help would be really appreciated....

thanks a lot !!
    I was wondering if someone could let me know if this is a good deal.
    2012 mini cooper hardtop msrp at 27050.
    dealer quoted a MF of .0025 and residual at 68%.
    monthly payment of 322 including taxes with 2800 as down payment for 10,000 miles.

any suggestions ?
  • carsearch16carsearch16 Member Posts: 4
    Doesn't sound like a good deal to me...

I ordered my mini (and to the comment above there was room for negotiation, just not a lot). I'm picking it up in two days. I got a hardtop, sunroof, heated seats, blue tooth option and manual trans. total monthly is $299. Thats 65 percent residual for 15,000 miles.
    could you also let me know what was the MF factor quoted to you. i think .0025 is ver high, but thats what they told me.
    ALso what was the msrp of the car that you ordered and did u do any down payment ?

I am kinda bummed after todays meeting.......went there all excited and now all dissapointed.
  • msingletonmsingleton Member Posts: 4
    Thanks mini2012!

I went to several dealerships and, I am used to getting within 1% of invoice on other makes (Nissan, Infiniti, Lexus, etc.), but with a custom mini, the lowest I could get was 7% over invoice. My Car was $27500 MSRP and I had about a $26500 purchase price.

Also, if you're using the online calculator it's not accurate. I had to build my own spreadsheet model. It was off by about $5 or so from the actual mini calculations (which I'm assuming is because their money factor and residual are more than a few decimal places). In any case, it's close enough. The dealers from what I've heard have the ability to mark up the money factor, but Mini does set the base rate (i think the max they can mark up is .0004).

Hope this helps....
    Hey guys wanted an opinion on this lease offer....
    Msrp of the car : 23450
    selling price negotiated to 22700
    down payment of 2676 + 500$ rebate offered by BMW leasing (no security deposit)
    dealer fee- 149 + 950 lease acquisition fee
    residual - 68%
    MF- .00225
    I was quoted 216 inc taxes (taxes are 3%) for a 36 months/10,000 miles.

Thnx guys !
  • 1_porsche_fan1_porsche_fan Member Posts: 10
    Hi everyone and Car_man

I'd be much appreciated if anyone got an info on JCW coupe's lease info. residual value, money factor, etc on 2012 36 months 12k miles. I have an excellent credit.

thanks to all in advance.
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Hiya, Car_man!

Could you please supply me with BMW Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MINI Cooper S Convertible with 12,000 miles per year?

... Cuz that'd be super.
  • jandmjandm Member Posts: 2
    Can you please provide the money factor and residual value for a 2012 Mini Countryman S All 4, with all packages other than sport?

The lease will be for 36 months and 12 miles.

Thank you

jandm
  • bimmerfan11bimmerfan11 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man,

Would you be able to let me know the MINI Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mini Cooper S Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year for the month of December? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you out bimmerfan11. MINI Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper S Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mastkismastkis Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man

I am planning to pick up my mini on saturday. Please tell me what would be a fair monthly payment, residual and money factor for a 18 months lease, 15k miles, $39000 coupe.

thanks in advance

-mastkis
  • fianllyreadyfianllyready Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_Man,

Would you be able to let me know the MINI Financial Services' money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease for the 2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop Base with 10,000 miles per year for January? Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
    No problem fianllyready. Mini's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Man that's one heck of a residual value. No wonder this makes such a good car to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Car_Man,

Do you have MF and Res available for Countryman on 36 months lease 15k/yr?

Thank you in advance
  • rubric36rubric36 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am getting close to signing on the dotted line on a 2012 MINI Hardtop Base with as MSRP of $29,000.

The dealer quoted me for a 36 month lease:
    Down Payment: $3,000
    Residual Value of 69%;
    MF of .0017; and
    Monthly payment of $270 + tax

I couldn't really follow the capital cost calculation, so I am not at a bit of a lost at what the purchase price for the car actually was.

Any suggestions on how to back out the calculation to purchase price? Advice on whether this is a good deal?

Greatly appreciate your help.
  • hd8hd8 Member Posts: 1
    car_man: can you tell me if Mini's January terms for a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S are the same as a 2012 Cooper Hardtop?
  • adc2adc2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man,

We are currently deciding on options and packages and need a helping hand...

Would you be able to let me know the MINI Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4 with 10,000 miles per year for the month of February? Assuming top credit rating in the Mid-Atlantic (Washington DC) area...

I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help!
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2012
    Greetings Car Man:

Upon opportunity, could you kindly provide the February buy rate and residuals for the following terms:

24 months and 10K miles;
    24 months and 12K miles;
    36 months and 10K miles; and
    36 months and 12K miles.

Additionally, kindly provide the acquisition fee.

Best Regards,

Steve
    Hi hypnotics. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hd8, according to the latest information that I have seen Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 10,000 miles per year are .00180 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello adc2. Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mini Countryman Cooper S All4 with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out Steve. I believe that Mini is only supporting 36-month leases right now. While it would technically be possible to do a 24-month lease, the 36-month term would probably provide the much better deal.

Mini Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Mini charges a base acquisition fee of $725 on ever vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • amiramir Member Posts: 115
    i want your opinions folks on this deal i have been offered
    mini cooper base hardtop
    msrp $32400 fully loaded
    selling price $30300
    0 down payment
    min drive off with only bank fee $725 up front
    36m/15k miles
    money factor .00101 since i am doing 7msd (multiple sec deposit fully refundable)
    residual value 66%
    monthly payment $301 plus ca tax 8.75 = $326.00

is this a good deal
    edited February 2012
    i think you can do better
    my dealer gave me the deal as follows
    $32400 msrp
    $30200 selling price
    no money down. only min drive off and bank fee
    MF .00101 since i am doinf 7 multiple sec dep
    residual 66%
    monthly payment $301 plus tax = $327

the standard mf for feb is .00150
    your dealer is marking up 20 base points on MF . if your credit is tier 1 then you should get .00150 not .00170..
    Sounds like you have an excellent deal. Would you mind posting the name of the Dealer.

Thanks.
  • bajafreshbajafresh Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car_man,

I'd love it if you could take a look at this deal for me. I am looking at a 2012 base Mini Cooper hardtop manual, MSRP 25,000 + 700 destination. The dealer has so far agreed to a $500 option credit and a $750 dealer credit. 1st payment, security deposit and aquisition fee are waived per the "$0 to Motor" lease special. Selling price is currently 24,550, but we are still going back and forth about taking another $250 off of the sale price.

It is a 36-month, 12K-mile lease, and I was quoted a residual of 68% (seems great) and a money factor of 0.00232 (very high compared to the 0.00150 I have seen elsewhere on this forum). The dealer has told me that when MINI waives the acquisition fee, it raises the MF, but they would still be profiting by about $550 on a 3-year lease.

Could you please advise on the MINI financial February hardtop lease money factor, and is this dealer marking it up? If the money factor can be brought in line, does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks!
  • ldodbldodb Member Posts: 4
    Amir,
    Is this a hardtop S ? Based on the 32400 thats what it looks like.
    Its exactly what I am looking for.
    Can you let me know what dealer and who to speak with to get this deal ?

Regards.
    no its a Base model. the residual value for S is 7% less and Mf is 30 base points higher so i decided to get the cooper base instead and i got every option there is on it lol. including JCW package ,and leather.
    cooper S is not a good lease at the moment. even with basic options at $28500 the cooper S can exceed $400 a month.
    I see that makes sense.
    What dealer did you go to ?
    Does the S ever become a decent option to lease?
    the S is better for just purchase at the moment. even if the residual gets better by 2% next month still the base hardtop is the way to go. you can put optional sport suspension, john cooper works pkg which has sexy challenge spoke rims and the body kit which makes it look a step above the S since it gives the car the john cooper works look. and i believe that with this set up its just as fun as the S - the turbo lag. it will handle better than an S with those rims and stiff sport suspension.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Base model: 121 hp, 114 ft/lbs, 0-60 8.4 sec
    S model: 181 hp, 177 ft/pbs, 0-60 6.6 sec

Putting the JCW APPEARANCE items on a base model not going to make it a fast car. I would spend my money on the real stuff and not the for show stuff :)
    Greetings Amir,

It is apparent that you have done your homework as your figures concur with mine. Would you kindly post the name of the Dealer who provided you with your deal?

Thanks.
    I agree with you on Cooper S being a better car but it's not for leasing . It's payment exceeds $400 with some nice options and that puts the car into the ultimate driving machine territory (BMW). currently I have a 128i convertable with all options and its 439 including tax for a 12k/36m min drive off lease .
    Hi bajafresh. A $750 dealer discount is so-so, not bad but not great either. The money factor that you were quoted is way too high. You should be getting the .00150 that you've seen mentioned here, assuming that your credit is in good shape.

Car_man
    Host
  • bajafreshbajafresh Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Car_man!

I've been able to get the discount to $1450 ($500 option credit, $1050 from the dealer), and they agreed to the normal money factor and acq. fee. Would you mind reviewing their proposed 'final' deal please? Also, could you confirm a 66% residual on this car if we go to 15,000 miles/year? Thanks!

268.61 per month
    12k miles per year
    36 month term
    68% residual
    0.00150 money factor
    725 acquisition fee +tax (paid up front)
    836.55 due at signing (acq fee, first month payment less 249, title, license plate transfer, registration paid up front)
    MSRP 25700
    Cap cost 24150.74
    1049.26 discount from dealer & 500 from MINI = 1549.26 total discount
  • joof007joof007 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man:

I'm looking at a base Cooper hard-top on a 10K per year, 3 year lease. From the messages above I see that the money factor for February is 0.00150. However, can you provide me with the residual value?

Thanks!
  • ontheedge2ontheedge2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    I found a Countryman S with Auto and the Bench seat configuration. Can you tell me what the MF and Residual are for California on 12k/yr 36 month lease? I'm being quoted for top tier credit a .00230 MF and 59% Residual with 925 Acquisition fee. The dealer said that Mini Financial does not do multiple security deposits to lower the mf. Dealer is discounting car $500 off of MSRP.

Thanks in advance (you saved me some dough on my BMW lease.)
  • jennifer08jennifer08 Member Posts: 1
    Trying to purchase this car. MSRP is $30,650.00, sales person said he will let me have it at $28,800.00 plus tax and license. Good deal?? Dealer is in So Cal.
  • js_352js_352 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    I am becoming interested in leasing a Mini Clubman S or S JCW, I assume I would order the car since there's so many customizations. My credit score is 800+ and have a long credit history with BMWFS. I would be ridding of a 2010 135i to get into the mini.
    With that said,
    could you provide some MF and Residual information on the clubman S/JCW that I could use before I walk into the showroom? (assuming 12kmiles/y)
    Thank you so much for your help,
    Jorge
    You're very welcome bajafresh. Good job at negotiating. You are correct, MB Finance's 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi joof007. Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a lease of a 2012 base Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and an amazing 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ontheedge2. Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%.

It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark up both this vehicle's money factor and its acquisition fee, which should only be $725.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2012
    Car Man does this sound like a good deal ? If not what should I push for.

2012 Cooper S HT
    MSRP: 34,500
    Selling Price is $32,002
    Lease for 36 month, 12,000 miles per year with just drive off of $820.41
    Monthly Payment is $419.41 plus tax
    Monthly Payment including tax is $456.02

Quoted : .00180, residual is 61% and bank fee is $725

Whats is the current MF and residuals on a 36 MO lease / 12 M on both the cooper s ht and coupe ?
  • cookiemnstr418cookiemnstr418 Member Posts: 3
    I'm leasing a mini cooper with mini connect w nav and sunroof - MSRP 24,700 + 700 destination fee. I'm doing $0 down, 36mo, $15k miles and my drive off is $1610 and payments of $314/mo. Does this seem high? My credit is about 720. What is the residual and money factor so I can figure out if we're on target or I'm being overcharged?

I'm a first time leaser here, any other tips?
  • cookiemnstr418cookiemnstr418 Member Posts: 3
    Also I'm in the Los Angeles area if that helps at all...
  • swalker1312swalker1312 Member Posts: 1
    I have absolutely no idea how to negotiate a lease....would appreciate any help!

2012 Cooper S Hardtop in Houston, TX. How do I know what the cap cost is with the options I would like? What is the residual value for a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles / year. And what would the money factor be with a high credit rating?

Many thanks!!
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man

Have the March MFs and residuals changed much for a 2012 Countryman S AWD.

24-Month and 36-Month each with 12K miles per year

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.