Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Greetings CarMan:

Could you kindly provide me with the March buy rate and residual for a 36 month/10k lease. Additionally, are you aware of any rebates/incentives? As always, thanks for your unparalleled assistance.
  • pilotman5pilotman5 Member Posts: 27
    Hi, can you please post the current money factor and residual for a 15k mile per year lease on a 2012 Mini Clubman S?

Thank you!

Brandon
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Seconded. 36-month lease for myself.
    Please and thank you.

Also, does the 0.0003 reduction in money factor or $1,000 cap reduction for MINI loyalty apply as it does for BMW loyalty?
    Double thanks.
    ihitcows,

Are you a returning MINI customer? I have a BMW 328 lease ending within 60 days and was quoted an owner's loyalty discount (OLP) of around 0.0003 on a new BMW lease.

I'm guessing this is not transferable if I get a MINI, even though its owned by BMW....????

I am also interested in a 36 month lease, and am cross shopping the Clubman S with VW GTI.

Are MINI dealers discounting at all on cars sitting on the lot and/or ordered cars?

Finally, does MINI allow multiple security deposits?

Thanks
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Hiya.
    I just talked with my salesman. I have a MINI and a BMW lease, and he said that neither the 0.0003 MF reduction nor the $1,000 cap reduction apply.

I'm looking at the GTI, too.

I don't know if they're discounting. Probably depends a little on how you talk and to whom you're talking.

I don't know if they allow multiple security deposits.

Car_man! Sup?
    edited March 2012
    thanks for checking on these issues ihitcows

Guess we will wait to hear from the mods for the MF and residuals.

BMW lets you do up to 7 security deposits for a MF reduction of 0.00049, which on an average $400 lease payment can save you $20-$40 a month in interest, and of course you get it all back at the end, less damage and excessive wear and tear of course.
    Quote from my salesperson:

2012 Mini Clubman S, 36 month lease

Base MF is .00160 and RV is 59% for 12k and 57% for 15k

Anyone else able to confirm?
    also, fyi, I am being told base MF rates are very hard to come by, and that they are typically marked up from .0016 to .0020, but my sales person should be able to convince finance to hit .0018.

I can further reduce this to .00131 by using 7 multiple security deposits if I want.
  • ramblrramblr Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you have the MF and RV for the Cooper Base HT, in the Los Angeles area? I'm looking for a 36mo/45k miles lease.

Thanks.
  • nyc_engnyc_eng Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man. I am also looking for the MF and residual for a Mini Cooper, 36months 10,000miles/yr

Thanks!
    Greetings Car_Man:

As I plan to take delivery of the car in less than a week, could you kindly provide me with the March buy rate and residual for a 36 month/10k lease. Additionally, are you aware of any rebates/incentives? As always, thanks for your unparalleled assistance.

Best Regards.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    HI timmboj. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey kerb. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pilotman5. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Clubman S with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Ihitcows, I don't believe that Mini is currently providing any loyalty offers on the Cooper right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyc_engnyc_eng Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please post the MF & residual for a Cooper. 36months 10k/yr. A friend is in the middle of negotiations and we are trying to figure out if they are giving her a good deal.

Thank you very much!!!
    Hi ramblr. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mini Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nyc_eng. Mini Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kerb. Mini Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 63%, respectively.

Mini is currently providing a $500 "You-ification" incentive on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Excellent, thx. again Car_Man!!!
  • chiro444chiro444 Member Posts: 17
    Carman,
    Any info on the residual rate and money factor for the Roadster? Looking at a 10k lease for 3 years on the non turbo. Thanks.
  • maserati86maserati86 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Could I get the current April MF & residual for a Cooper S at 36months and 15k/yr?

Thanks
  • jonathannycjonathannyc Member Posts: 12
    would also like the rate for both Cooper and Cooper S same trim (base) with 6MT. 15k/yr 36 months. Thanks carman!

looking for MF and residual on both models.
  • brerjeffbrerjeff Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to lease a '12 Cooper hardtop (base) and was given a money factor of .00205

Is that good/bad?

Is that negotiable or based on credit?

Thank you in advance

Jeff
  • k_e_nk_e_n Member Posts: 89
    Hello all,

Does anyone know the current money factor and residual for a MINI Cooper S?

Thanks!
    You're welcome kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi maserati86. Mini's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Hardtop Cooper S with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey jonathannyc. Mini's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 Cooper with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Please see my previous post for the S numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jeff. If your credit is in good shape the money factor that you were quoted is too high. Mini's current 36-month buy rate for the 36-month base Cooper is only .00150. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi k_e_n. I just posted it a couple of messages ago. Please check there for the information that you're looking for and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • brerjeffbrerjeff Member Posts: 6
    Thank you! I had a feeling that was the case. I have great credit but they haven't done a credit check yet. I'm happy to know what to look for :-)
    You're very welcome, brerjeff. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Good luck!

Car_man
    Host
  • sandiegogogosandiegogogo Member Posts: 5
    Hello -- what should the MF and residual be on a Countryman S 36 month 10k per year lease with top tier credit? And how much below sticker should I be able to get them to? The one I'm looking at is $31,800 with manual transmission
    Thanks!!!
  • buds4buds4 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    Hi Car Man,

I see there is a 199.00 per month lease offer on a 2012 Hard Top Mini. No money up front for 36 months & 10K miles per yr. There is a 350.00 @ end to get out or 14k something to buy. Is this a good deal or are there things hidding for someone new to leasing?

thanks for any help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    edited April 2012
    I've only seen $249/mo. with zero down..

EDIT: I do see the $199/mo. for the Central Region, but it requires $1480 upfront.... (1st payment, security deposit, $725 acquisition fee and small downpayment).

That is for a car that has an MSRP of $21,950.. If you pick a more expensive unit, the price will go up accordingly.... many MINI dealers will try to mark up the acq.fee and the money factor for additional profit (and, a resulting higher payment)... Plus, there is always tax...

If you get the advertised deal on the advertised car.... it's a pretty good lease program.... residuals are high on the base Cooper.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2012
    Thanks for the quick reply... offer is from Naperville, IL only good until April 30th... here it is, the 199.00 looks good. I called and asked about maintenance and they said 3yr -36 month bumper to bumper is included. What do you think?

THE $0 TO MOTOR LEASE EVENT

$199 Per month for a 36-month lease on a 2012 MINI Cooper Hardtop, and $0 due at signing. *

1.9% APR financing for up to 72 months on all 2012 MINI Countryman*

$299 per month for a 42-month lease on a 2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4***

*36-month closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by MINI Financial Services through participating dealers. $0 cash due at signing; based on $0 first month payment, $0 down payment and $0 security deposit. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Lease rate and fees based on example of a new 2012 MINI Cooper Hardtop with Automatic Transmission and Heated Seats with MSRP of $21,950. Includes destination and handling charge. Excludes tax, title and dealer fees. Lessee responsible for insurance, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.20/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Purchase option at lease end $14,926. May be combined with option credit. Subject to credit approval. Models pictured in advertisements may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional accessories. Must take delivery by 04/30/12. Offer valid through April 30, 2012 for sales originating in the state of Illinois only. Visit your authorized MINI dealer for complete details.
    **Qualified customers only1.9% APR for 72 months at $14.71 per month, per $1,000 financed on all new 2012 MINI Countryman models (MINI Cooper Countryman, Cooper S countryman, and Cooper S Countryman ALL4). Where balloon financing is available, similar terms may not be available. Rates available only through MINI Financial Services and only at participating authorized MINI dealers Offer valid in MI, WI, MO, OH, IL, IN, MN, KS, KY, IA, NE, and MINI of Pittsburgh through April 30, 2012. Subject to credit approval. Specific vehicles are subject to availability. Visit your authorized MINI dealer for complete details.
    ***42-month closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by MINI Financial Services through participating dealers. $2,801 cash due at signing (based on $299 first month payment, $2,202 down payment and $300 security deposit). Lease rate and fees based on example of a new 2012 MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4 with Automatic Transmission MSRP of $29,040. Includes destination and handling charge. Excludes tax, title and dealer fees. Lessee responsible for insurance, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.20/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Purchase option at lease end $16,843. May not be combined with option credit. Subject to credit approval. Models pictured in advertisements may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional accessories. Offer valid through April 30, 2012 in for sales originating in the state of Illinois only. Visit your authorized MINI dealer for complete details.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    That didn't come up when I went to the MINI website, but I'm in a different zip code...

Illinois taxes are rough on leases, though... They tax the full selling price of the car.. Add that to the CAP cost, and tax alone can be $35-$50 per month (more, if you live in Chicago).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jerseynolejerseynole Member Posts: 1
    I'm attempting to lease a 2012 Mini Cooper S Coupe. The sticker price is $28,400.

I have excellent credit. BEFORE they ran my credit, they estimated both a 2 and 3 year lease with 10,000 miles with $2500 down.

2yr: $532
    3 yr: $416

Both seem a bit high compared to other Make and Models, especially since I keep hearing about how well Minis hold their value. It's the end of the month and they are really pressing me to make a decision.

Does this seem high to anyone else or am i not being realistic?
  • jpacgpjpacgp Member Posts: 3
    Hi carman,
    Interested in a 36 month lease on an all4 for 12000 miles. Do you know the may lease rates? Appreciate it! In Seattle. Thanks.
  • martvwmartvw Member Posts: 2
    Those numbers are crazy. Perhaps the coupe is so new the leasing program for them is poor.
  • malambingmalambing Member Posts: 4
    Hi Carman,

Please advise residual and MF for Mini hardtop for 36 months and 10,000 miles/year for May.

From the $249/month special they are running it appears the residual remains at 68%. I am hopeful the MF is also the same at .00150.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi sandiegogogo. Mini's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S with 10,000 miles per year are .00185 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm really not all that familiar with what the market is like for the Countryman right now, price-wise.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jpacgp. Mini's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S All4 with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello malambing. Mini's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rydog79rydog79 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Would you please let me know the money factor and residual for a mini cooper S hardtop with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles for a 36 month lease?

Also, are there any dealer or manufacturer incentives at this time?

Thanks, you are AWESOME
    Rydog
  • ktasktas Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the residual and MF for the Mini Countryman non-S (36 months and 10,000 miles/year) for May?
  • janjan27janjan27 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what is the mf and residual (May) on a 2012 cooper hardtop S 36 month lease 10,000 miles a year Westchester County NY

I am also interested in knowing what anyone paid on a lease for the Roadster S 36 months/10000 miles. I love the car but I don't think it will lease out well.
    Just a follow up... I didn't get the 199.00 special. They said they only had 5 cars with that rate and you needed to stay @ 21,950.00. I did go with a red and black striped cooper with sunroof & radio (wanted S but maybe next time). 3yr lease, 15K bumper to bumper even car washes...No money up front, not even taxes...rolled it all in. Total 325.21 per month. I have almost 500 miles on it and love it. Best part when I got home the kids said, "Dad it's stick, we don't drive stick" hehe, ya I know!
    Thanks Rydog :shades: . Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor ad residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Hardtop S with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Mini is providing a $500 cash incentive on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for ktas. Mini Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a base 2012 Countryman with 10,000 miles per year are .00185 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.