Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

Comments

• cjs6cjs6 Member Posts: 10
    Hi car_man,

Can you please tell me the current money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of the 2012 Countryman S with 15,000 miles per year?

My dealer quoted me 0.00145 (3.48%) and a residual of 56%. The vehicle's MSRP is $31,250 and I was quoted $475/month with only paying the first month's payment at signing. That feels very high to me, although we have yet to negotiate the price. I have top-tier credit.

Thanks for your help!
  • swerv23swerv23 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market to buy a 2012 Mini Cooper S that has a lot of bells and whistles.

MSRP: $31,000.00
    SP: $30,000.00

Asking for $4,500.00 down and $400.00/month payment. I think this is ridiculous and way too high. Not sure of the money factor they are using and residual.

What is the current money factor and residual for 2012 Mini Cooper S?

I have a credit score of 740, but because my company I have worked for has always supplied me with a car I have never bought a car. BMW is considering me a first time buyer. I have perfect credit but no installment loans on my credit. They are putting me as a second tier credit, which is crazy because I have an AMEX card that I use for business and payoff $3,000.00 every month for the past 15 years.

Help, please. Do you know how much they jack up the money factor for second tier credit? I have asked the dealer to go back to BMW Financial and show them whatever they need to consider me for first tier credit. I have no black marks on my credit and make plenty of money to qualify.

Your thoughts?
  • dtbestdtbest Member Posts: 1
    Looking for some help finding out the August residual and money factor numbers for a 2013 John Cooper Works 2 seater Mini Coupe in the Albany, New York area.

Are the September numbers available?

Also, does the trim level (base, S, JCW) have an impact on the residual or MF?

Thanks for your help.
  • lime679lime679 Member Posts: 38
    Hi Swerv,

While I can't comment on the residual, I can say that the deal they are offering you is a bit off.

My S crested the $30K mark and I got out of there with only first payment down, $435 a month for 36 months at 15K miles a year. I did heavy negotiation on the cost though.
  • jjspamcanjjspamcan Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man,

Can you please tell me the Sept money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of the 2012 and 2013 Cooper HT with 10,000 miles per year? I assume its the same for the S model?

Thank you~
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Absolutely jjspamcan. Mini's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S are .00140 and 63%.

I haven't seen any info on the 2013 models yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lala711lala711 Member Posts: 5
    Hi car_man,

Can you please post the september residuals and money factors on a 2012 cooper convertible base for a 36 mo. lease, 10k miles/year? I am looking to purchase in the next few days and would appreciate the information during my search. Thanks!
    Hi lala711. Mini's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper Convertible Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrfoleymrfoley Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Quick question for you, I am looking at a 2013 Mini Cooper HT with Premium Package lease and 12,000 Miles a year. I am trying to find out the Money Factor and Residual percentage offered to someone with 850+ credit rating. (I could also use the Money Factor and Residual for the "S" 2013 version as well)

Additionally, can you advise on what the real cost of the above mentioned car (non S) with an MSRP of 23,500? I am trying to find out what a fair price would be to base the leasing negotiation off of and get a car leased this week.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you
  • mrfoleymrfoley Member Posts: 2
    Could someone please post the lease money factor and residual for September on the following:

2012 Mini Cooper S hatch
    2013 Mini Cooper S hatch

2012 Mini Cooper S Convertible
    2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible

Thank you very much.
  • leokiterleokiter Member Posts: 1
    Interested in a 2012 countryman S with a few options. Got a quote in Hawaii for $31000. $1000 down, 36 month lease, $504 a month.
    Good deal or not?
    Thanks
  • cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91
    I'm interested in a Countryman S, but would also consider the Countryman. What are the MF & residuals for these on a 36 mo, 12k/year lease? TIA!
  • llbean2009llbean2009 Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car Man - Could you please post the money factor, residuals for a 2012 or 2013 Mini Cooper S and Mini Clubman S with 15K miles/3 years? Many thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for cosanostra.

Mini's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Countryman S with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a non-S would be the same, but the residual value would be 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi llbean2009. Mini's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Cooper S with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the other models are as follows:

2012 Clubman S - .00130 / 60%
    2013 Cooper S - .00130 / 58%
    2013 Clubman S - .00130 / 55%

Interesting that the residual values for the '13 models are lower than they are for the '12s. That normally wouldn't be the case, but BMW may be providing less residual value support on the '13s right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • coco20coco20 Member Posts: 12
    Car Man,
    can you please let me know the money factor and residual on a 2012 and 2013 Countryman S, 36 month lease term. Also, what is it that determines these figures?
    Thank you so much!
    Coco20
  • twetztwetz Member Posts: 1
    Help,

Can you advise on what the real cost of a 2013 Mini Hardtop (non S) with an MSRP of 23,500? I am trying to find out what a fair price would be to base the leasing negotiation off of and get a car leased this weekend.

Thanks.
  • secretmsecretm Member Posts: 1
    hi,

i'm stepping into a dealer tomorrow to look at Cooper S hardtop that's optioned to $27,600.

i'd like some help getting:

a. november lease rate from MINI FS assuming
    - 10,000 miles
    - 12,000 miles
    - 15,000 miles

b. acquisition fee

c. other expected fees

thanks!
  • vac323vac323 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote from dealer: the list price is $27,900 and they offer me an $2,900 discount for a 2012 MINI Cooper Convertible. Is this a good deal?

What's the best lease deal i can get for this case recently, 36 months/ 10000 miles? Thanks a lot.
  • akelaonakelaon Member Posts: 32
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please let me know the December MF and residual % for Countryman S for a 36 months lease/ 10k and 12k miles per year.

Thanks,
    HJ
  • oldfogieoldfogie Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, could you please let us know the December MF and residual % for the MINI Cooper Clubman '13 36 months, 12K (if possible) and 15K mi/year, top credit. Happy holidays and thank you for this invaluable info!! :shades:
    Thanks. Happy Holidays to you as well, oldfogie.

Mini's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper Clubman with 15,000 miles per year are .00135 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • dj_rochdj_roch Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man- first, thank you for helping the masses lease cars and the service you provide to others. You have saved more money for people than probably anyone online.

I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2013 Mini Clubman John Cooper Works for 36 months/12k miles a year.

Cheers,

Keith
  • roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 135
    Hi, Car_Man

Could you post January MINI's MF and Residual for 36-month 10k & 12k miles/year on 2013 Countryman and Countryman S model?

Thank you!!!!
    You're very welcome Keith. Thanks for noticing. Mini is not providing any lease support on the 2013 Clubman John Cooper Works model. Its 36-month, 12,000 miles per year residual value is 45%. Its money factor would be whatever Mini's buy rate is. I haven't looked into what that would be in a while, but I'm guessing around .00155 or so for top tier customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • calleegirlcalleegirl Member Posts: 1
    Hi I have stupidly least 2 mini hardtops by just signing the papers that they put in front of me..WELL NEVER AGAIN! My lease is coming up at the beginning of March her in BR La. The base price for the mini I want is 23,450(basically it is just an automatic with extra cost color and white raising stripes.) I am desperate to find out the money factor and residual for the 2013 hardtop at top credit.I called the Mini finance people and they said they could not give me that info and it would only be given to me the day of the lease signing...I pray that is not the case! I hope you can help! I am trying not to make stupid girl mistakes again!
  • putdownfoxputdownfox Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man...do you happen to know the current money factor and residual for the 2013 clubman?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to speak to a new MINI owner. If you have purchased a MINI in the last 6 months and would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, Feb 8, 2013 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• coco20coco20 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman,
    I was quoted a money factor of .0020 and a residual of 58% on a 2013 Countryman S, 36 months/10k miles, though I'll probably ask for 12k miles. Are these accurate numbers? I'm seeing in previous posts on this site money factors of .00130 for January. Why the big increase? or am i being played?
    Thank you in advance for your feedback.
    Coco
  • myacss3myacss3 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please let me know the February MF and residual % for 2013 JCW GP for a 36 months lease/ 15k miles per year. Thanks
  • hs2000hs2000 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible for:

for 24 months/12k miles a year

-and-

for 36 months/15k miles a year.

Thank you!
  • sluurrpee3sluurrpee3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide the March money factor and residual for a 2013 Hardtop S manual transmission for a 36 month/12k mile per year?

Been quoted a .00195 money factor which seems a bit steep.

Thanks!
  • hs2000hs2000 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Convertible

for 36 months/10k miles a year.

Thanks!
    Hi sluurrpee3. Your suspicion was correct, that money factor is a little high. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Hardtop S with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go hs2000. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper S Convertible with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • herro91herro91 Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    Hello Car_man,

Could also provide the MF and residual for March for the 2013 Cooper S convertible for 12k and 15k miles per year?

Thank you.
  • sluurrpee3sluurrpee3 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

About ready to order, but getting conflicting info. Dealer says the residual is 62% for 3 year, 12k miles per year on the Hardtop S model and that the 65% residual is for non S model. Can you confirm?

Also getting push back on the money factor? Dealer is holding strong at .00195, but you mention it is .0016. Can you confirm the money factor for 2013 Hardtop S model since the two numbers are so different?

Thanks!
    Hi herro91. Mini's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cooper S Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sluurrpee3. The residual values that you were quoted are right on the money.

The buy rate lease money factor is .00160 on the Hardtop and .00155 on the S Hardtop. If your credit is in good shape and the dealer quotes you anything higher than that they are attempting to mark your car's money factor up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal. Such a move is not surprising, but can often be avoided by savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • afadeevafadeev Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Hi Car_man,
    Any word on the what the current lease rates and residuals are on 2013 JCW hardtop?
    10K/year, either 24 or 36 months.

Thanks!
  • kogumakoguma Member Posts: 131
    Hi Car_man

what's the current MF and residual on a Countryman 4wd for 7500/24months?
  • kogumakoguma Member Posts: 131
    Hi Car_man

You quote .00155 for S hardtop but can you also tell us what's the residual value on a 24 months/7500 miles for a S hardtop???
  • hbg3hbg3 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man!

Can you give me the residual and MF for 36/10,000 on a 2013 Countryman S All4?

Thanks in advance
    Hi afadeev. If you want to go with an admittedly sweet ride like that, you are going to pay a lot to do so. Its residual values are significantly lower than they are on say the Cooper S and Mini is not providing any lease support on John Cooper Works models.

Mini Financial's April 24-month, 10,000 mile per year residual value for a JCW Hardtop is only 54%. The residual for a 36-month lease of this vehicle would be 46%. this compares with 69% and 63% for the Hardtop S. Ouch.

When you take the higher price and mediocre lease program on JCW models into account it certainly looks like they really weren't meant to be leased, particularly when compared to the Base and S models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koguma. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman ALL4 with 7,500 miles per year are .00165 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi koguma I heard that Mini's special lease money factors are only available for 3-year terms, not 2-year. I'll have to look into whether that is indeed the case. If so, then you may want to switch the term that you're considering.

Mini's April residual value for a 24-month lease of a Cooper S Hardtop with 7,500 miles per year is 70%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hbg3. Mini Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Countryman s ALL4 with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    One more thing everyone...keep in mind that Mini is currently waiving the first month's payment on leases of non-JCW models. This offer increases to the first two payments for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • dk512dk512 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man. I hope this message finds you well and I want to thank you in advance for your advice.

I would like to know the residual value and money factor, top tier credit, for a 2013 Mini Cooper S Hardtop please. Also, are there any incentives for a current BMW(2012 model) owner when leasing a Mini?

Thank you again.
  • open2u2009open2u2009 Member Posts: 1
    I have an existing Mini Cooper S Convertible 2011 paying $398.00 per month 12k miles lease ends in November. Dealer offered: order custom 2013 countryman all4 S by end of April and they will waive the last four payments of existing lease. New lease: 36 Months,12k Miles, $540.00 with $2,457 which includes tax due at delivery. Total purchase of:$39,252.00.
This discussion has been closed.