Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rsl_design. I agree with what the dealer told you, it doesn't seem possible to lease the car that you described for only $250 per month. I would be happy to use Nissan's current lease program to work up a sample payment on the exact model that you are interested in for you. It would be much easier for me to do so if you provided me with its full MSRP and ideally its selling price (or at least its dealer invoice price). That pricing information is available right here at Edmunds.com over in the New Vehicle Pricing section. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Welcome homie. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Sedan 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    homie3368homie3368 Member Posts: 11
    thank you very much Car Man...
  • Options
    question...how does one find the m.f and residual of a car for the given month. is there a website?, or do you just ask the sales person..(LMAO).
  • Options
    teddyteddyteddyteddy Member Posts: 6
    I would like to lease a 3.5 SL the MSRP is 30,700

I would like 15K Miles
    Zero Money down Zero out of pocket costs
    36 Month lease

I have a 760 Score
    What would be a fair lease price for this? I was given an internet price of 409.00
    internet price.
  • Options
    altimalover90altimalover90 Member Posts: 10
    Both but it is better to actually ask the salesperson because they actually know. Anyone on the internet can tell you anything which may not always be accurate.
  • Options
    kellihkellih Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

Can you tell me the lease factor and resid value for the 2009 Altima Coupe, both S and SE models, 12K miles/yr (or 10K if they offer it)? Does the $1500 incentive apply to leases?

Many thanks,
    kellih
  • Options
    No problem homie3368.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi teddyteddy. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what sort of payment you can expect.

A typical 2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL has a spread of around $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $2,000 dealer discount on this car. Any difference in your negotiated selling price will have an impact upon this car's monthly payment.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Altima 3.5 SL that has an MSRP of 30,700 and a selling price of $28,700 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $377.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Altimalover90, you're assuming that the salesperson, who is attempting to profit from your deal, is going to be honest with you about the money factor that is available on your vehicle. That's an assumption that I personally would not be willing to make if I was in the market for a new vehicle. I'd rather research the lease program first and then ask a few dealers about it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi kellih. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Coupe 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 52%.

I don't believe that NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan vehicles, but if it does its 10k resids are likely 1% higher than the ones that I mentioned.

Unfortunately, the $1,500 customer cash that you mentioned is not compatible with this car's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60
    Hi All,

I am from New York City. My lease expires in October. I am trying to do some research on 6 cyl Accord, Altima, Camry, Maxima and G37x. I tried to search older posts but I was not able to locate what I was looking for. I would appreciates if someone can provide me with some some lease #s (such as MF and Res Val) for Altima 3.5SL. I am looking for 36 mos, 12k miles/yr lease.

Thanks,
  • Options
    ebeaversebeavers Member Posts: 4
    Here is a perfect example of why a well-informed customer is not welcomed at a dealership. Yesterday I went to my local N. Dallas area Nissan dealership (LBJ Fwy) to test drive, and hopefully lease an 09 Altima. Test drive was great and I went to work the numbers with the salesperson. I left with a "deal sheet" that quoted me $430/mo with sales price of $25,271. MF= .00168. After doing the math at home, I quickly realized that the numbers didn't add up. Total monthly payments (tax, fees incl) should be $385. When I emailed salesperson to ask why the discrepancy, I was told that her sales manager had "made a mistake", and that I was right...my monthly payments should be $385. Good deal, so I thought.
    Tonight I went into the dealership with my boyfriend to finalize the deal. We were presented with a different deal sheet with a sales price of $26,271; yet the monthly payment was still $380. Huh? Monthly payment is same, so why care, right? WRONG. My boyfriend asked for further details on how this could be. A magical sales tax credit had appeared, we were told. Asked why the deal sheet didn't reflect this, the salesperson told us that the software was unable to let them override certain terms of the deal, which included sales tax. By this point, my boyfriend and I smelled something funny and began to press the saleswoman a little harder. We asked for a clear deal sheet that accurately reflected what we were being told. The saleswoman went back to her manager, who generates a new deal sheet, which now (surprise) has an even lower mo payment ($370). Wow- what is going on? Once again, the deal sheet showed terms that were not what was being told to us. The tax credit wasn't there, but now a dealer rebate showed up. Not being mean, rude or in any way insulting, my boyfriend and I asked one last time for a sheet that could show the agreed-upon terms. Sure the monthly payment was lower, but other figures kept changing. It was at this point that the saleswoman stood up, said "I got you a lower payment, which is what it's all about." "You have my card, good luck," and then walked off leaving us sitting at the table dumbfounded.

Tonight Acura gained a new customer, and can thank Bankston Nissan for it.
  • Options
    luckyduck76luckyduck76 Member Posts: 2
    Since leasing isn't what it used to be, and the deals don't seem to be as good as they were in late winter/early spring this year - what can I expect to pay for an Altima 2.5 SL that has an MSRP OF 26K if I lease with no money down?
    I have excellent credit, need 15K a year mileage and live in Florida if those things make a big difference.
    I am trying to decide between getting the "S" and saving a little $ or going for the "SL package." Any advice to help me choose CarMan?
  • Options
    smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, talk about crap but I just found out that starting on January 6th of 2009 Nissan and Infiniti started charging disposition fee's to lease agreements; now regardless of how well you maintain your leased vehicle or if you make every payment on time, if you don't buy the nissan or infiniti vehicle you are leasing or lease a new nissan at the end of your lease they charge you $395 in a disposition fee to return the vehicle to their lot; I think it takes Nissan Financing a lot of nerve to do this and wanted to let everyone who are even thinking of leasing an altima, myself included, that Nissan is doing this now and to be weary when getting a lease from them and make sure you read the find print
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    All right already, your pissed off, we get it How many more threads do you need to post this on? Its been discussed on these forums since before it happened, its not new news.

FYI GM & Chrysler don't even offer leasing anymore.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    geez, take a chill pill; I only posted this topic on two threads, I didn't realize two threads was posting all over the place; it was new news to me and it hasn't been talked about for months and not everyone will know that they changed their policy only a few months ago; any info can help people trying to get leasing, especially since every year leasing is getting harder and harder to do compared to just two and three years ago

oh and just so you know I've known for a while GM and Chrysler didn't offer leasing but actually your statement is not correct anymore;

FYI: GM started leasing back up on certain vehicles just this month (Aug 09) using a US Bank
  • Options
    esuareedesuareed Member Posts: 1
    Got the following Lease quotes for a 2009 Altima 2.5SL (Convenience Package, Convenience Plus Package, and 2.5 SL Package) . Can you let me know if this is a fair quote or what range I should really be paying?

Thanks!

LEASE OPTIONS

Cash Due: $0
    12,000 Miles 36 months $384

Cash Due: $1,000
    12,000 Miles 36 months $352

Cash Due: $2,000
    12,000 Miles 36 months $321
  • Options
    seldondgseldondg Member Posts: 17
    I was given a quote today for $350/month with just 1st payment and dmv fees down. That's for a 2009 2.5SL, Leather, Sunfroof, Bose, Bluetooth etc...
    Seems like a pretty good deal although I'm thinking of going down to the S and just getting the Sunroof with it.
    Does that 350 sound about right?
  • Options
    Hi sahil908. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima 3.5 SL Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello luckyduck76. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, so your lease payment for this car will depend upon what its price is. If you provide me with this car's approximate selling price, or at least its dealer invoice price (which you can look up right here at Edmunds.com in the New Vehicle Pricing section of the site), I'll gladly use Nissan's current lease program to work up a payment for you.

I'm not intimately familiar with what options are contained in the S and SL packages, so I can't help you choose which one to go with.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    choochootrainchoochootrain Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am planning to lease a 2009 Altima SL that has an MSRP of 26,000. This is my first lease and I don't know whether I have a good deal or not. The specifics are 42 months, 10,000 miles/year (ok with me), $279.00/mo, nothing down, taxes due at signing, dmv charges due at signing, 1st month payment due at signing. Gap insurance is included and they want $780.00 at signing to cover destination fee.
    Should I DEAL or NO DEAL? I thought it was good until they tagged on the destination fee at signing.
    ANY ADVICE would be welcomed and appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Since you are new to leasing I will tell you rule one, don't lease longer then the warranty. So for an Altima you don't want to lease longer then 36 months.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    I guess it depends on where you live but the destination fee where I live is usually included in the price on the window sticker; sounds like they are using that as an excuse to get money down from you but since I don't know the specifics I can't say for certain; one thing I can say is that 42 months is a no-no on a lease with nissan; you never lease longer than the warranty period for a car which for nissan is 36 months; if this had been a infiniti which has a 48 month warranty then you would have been okay
  • Options
    one thing I forgot to mention is be very careful with nissan; I was at a dealership a few weeks ago looking at the max and altima and the salesman was very pushy on a 39 month lease and saying that would give us the best deal but I told him no because that would be 3 months longer then the warranty period and when I told him that he said oh you have nothing to worry about; nissan is also advertising 39 month leases in the newspaper and on TV and for some reason they seem to forget their warranty period is only 36 months; interesting though toyota and honda only advertise 36 month leases which is the right amount of time since they have the same warranty as nissan
  • Options
    choochootrainchoochootrain Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
    The dealer said there were no 36 month leases available. I did express concern about the warranty period and was told that the power train warranty would still be in effect since that covers 5 years and 50000 miles. I realize that any other problems with the car, like the computer, would cost me money to fix but I am willing to take the risk if it means saving money in the long run.
    What I am trying to find out is whether the numbers are reasonable. I happen to think that 279.00 for 42 months is a very good deal given that the car has a MSRP of 26,000.
    I also realize that the 720.00 Destination Fee is lost if the car is stolen during the lease. That is why I don't want to give them money up front.
    Once again thank you.
  • Options
    Greetings choochootrain. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to negotiate a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the car that you want and then have the dealer calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. You never mentioned what the selling price of the Altima that you are considering leasing is. Without this number it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn how good a deal this is. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    thenewlewthenewlew Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman,

I'm looking for the Sept lease rates/ MF and Residuals :confuse: for the Altima 3.5 SE and SL for 36 months and 15000/year. Also, is the $1500 cash able to be combined with a lease?

Thanks
  • Options
    tarzan12tarzan12 Member Posts: 2
    car_man,

I need the residual and MF for 2009 Altima 2.5SL with MSRP 26,490 in New York, Nassau county (Long Island). 12K/year 36Month Sign and Drive or if there is no 36Month Program then I need the numbers for 39Months.

Thanks
  • Options
    gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    I know this probably isn't the right board, buy I'm now considering an altima over the camry, but I see they don't come with ipod interface. Has anybody had one installed and does it work ok? Also is there one for the NAV model?
  • Options
    soprosesoprose Member Posts: 1
    I just priced out the a 3.5 V6 fully loaded with Nav, Sport Package, etc.

I was quoted $335 per month sign and drive all I have to pay is the first payment.

I think its a great deal but I just want to get some of your thoughts.

Thanks
  • Options
    mackermanmackerman Member Posts: 3
    Carman, do you have the September money factor and residual value for a 2009 Altima 2.5S, 12K miles per month, 36 or 39 month lease? Thanks.
  • Options
    rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    which part of the country is this in?
  • Options
    Hello thenewlew. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Sedan 3.5 SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00089 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Altima Sedan SL are .00089 and 54...exactly the same.

Unfortunately, the $1,500 consumer cash that Nissan is providing on the '09 Altima in September is not compatible with this special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go, tarzan12. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Sedan 2.5 SL with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00089 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00089 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I certainly do, mackerman. NMAC's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima 2.5 S Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00089 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00089 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    gambler826gambler826 Member Posts: 1
    Where did this deal come from???
  • Options
    bstokbstok Member Posts: 4
    Carman,

Given the conditions you mention above for September lease of Altima 2.5S I am interested to lease Altima 2.5 with floor/trunk mats and splash guards (September lease special) with MSRP $22,570; Invoice $21,156 minus $1,500 (rebate), sell price $19,656. Can I even include the rebate with lease deal for September? I roughly came up with the following deal for 36 months deal.

Residual $12,187
    Net capitalized cost $19,650
    Depreciation $7,462.20
    tax rate 7%

I came up with $252.30 a month for 36 months with no money down or as advertised by Nissan with $2,576 down - $179.77 a month. Nissan asks for $199 a month and for 39 months. Why the discrepancy?

Greatly appreciated if anyone is willing to comment.
  • Options
  • Options
    sochakovskysochakovsky Member Posts: 8
    Hi Everyone.

I just got back from my Kings Nissan and was offered 290 a month for 39 months on a Nissan Altima 2.5 SL. My only issue is that the car was would be financed through Wells Fargo. My last lease was through Nissan/Infiniti Financial. Has anyone dealt with Wells Fargo is there anything I should be worried about by leasing through them?

Also I am turning in my 2006 Infiniti G35X. I was expecting to turn it into Nissan when I get my car. Can they still charge me for any damages I have a some scratches on my bumper and a small dent on it.

Thank you everyone for any help :D
  • Options
    The lease is actually through Hann Financial Services. Has anyone ever dealt with them?
  • Options
    nbtynbty Member Posts: 24
    Yes had a lease with them few yrs ago. When i started to look for a new lease dealers warned me not to use hann.(return charges) I was nervous to lease again with them since i didnt know what charges if any they will bill me for. Ended up with a acura thru honda when I retuened my lease with hann they were no charges and I did have a fair amount of wear and tear. My neighbor had same lease as me and again no charges. But they do get a bad name compared to the bigger companies
  • Options
    bstokbstok Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone offer MF and Residual Value for October on Altima 2.5 S 4 door and 2 door on 36 and 39 month lease with 12K miles a year. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi bstok. The consumer cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on the 2009 Altima Sedan, $1,750 in October, is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    I can help you out, bstok. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Sedan 2.5 S with 12,000 miles per year are .00089 and 54%, respectively. This car's 39 month numbers are .00089 and 53%.

The numbers for otherwise identical 36 and 39 month leases of the '09 Altima Coupe 2.5 S are .00162 / 53% and .00162 / 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    worleygirlworleygirl Member Posts: 4
    Car Man - Please help, wanting to find out if this is a fair lease quote. I am looking at a car with a sticker price of $26350.00, which invoice is $24700 (roughly). I am leasing a 39 month lease/15000 miles. I also am returning a Nissan lease which is not up until February 5, so essentially, I have 5 payments of $325, that I have not yet paid. They also said they have $1000 cash rebate (for the Nissan 10 event).

The dealership after negotiation is coming up with $366/month and first months payment paid upon signing, they've also agreed to add bluetooth (after market) and 3 free oil changes.

Thanks in advance for a quick response!
  • Options
    worleygirlworleygirl Member Posts: 4
    BTW, I live in Kansas.
  • Options
    carz18carz18 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Looking for a good lease deal on Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
    Could someone in the know, provide me with money factor and residual? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone thank you all for your help.

Just left a deposit on a 2009 Altima S with SL package and connection package.
    MSRP 27,700
    Invoice 25,400
    Term 39 months 12K a year
    Payment 315
    Due at signing 1st month, DMV and 80 down payment (I didn't to pay this but I didn't think it was worth driving over back and forth to save $80.
    Got the deal from Kings Nissan in Brooklyn. Picking it up on Monday and turning in my G35x. I was very please with the build quality of my infiniti hopefully this car will solidify why I love Nissan. :D

Another dealer in NJ offered my 339 + tax for the same lease.

Good Deal?
  • Options
    gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Carman, do you have MF and residual for the 2010 altima 2.5 S?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.