Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• boomer451boomer451 Member Posts: 10
    Just signed a 39 mo./12K lease deal on a 09 Altima S 2.5 w/leather, roof. MSRP $26,350. Used the $1,000 cash Nissan is offering until 10/18, had $400 negative equity in trade. With first pymt. up front, $305 per month.
    Thanks to this forum and CarMan for your help on this. Using your info. and the lease calculator you recommend I was able to move them from their first offer of $350 per month and $975 up front. I will give them props for not hesitating to show me their calculations, even though they were seemingly using the same numbers I had, they were still $18 per month higher at one point. After more discussion they agreed to meet my calculation. Maybe there is a way for them to hide additional fees/profits even though all of the numbers seem to be right?
  • wakeboarderwakeboarder Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL ( Convenience & Conv.+ and SL package) No connection package. I leased for $249/month with $0 down just taxes/MV/and 1st month payment came out to just shy of $2000. Is this a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi worleygirl. Let's work up a lease payment on the car that you're interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Sedan that has an automatic transmission, an MSRP of $26,350 and a selling price of $24,700 (dealer invoice...which should be very possible given the dealer cash incentives that are out there right now) through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $317.

Even though the quote that you received includes sales tax and the one that I worked up doesn't, I suspect that you will be able to beat the offer that you have received fairly easily.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, carz18. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima 3.5 SE Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00089 and 54%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, gpb59. Through November 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima Sedan 2.5 S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00264 and 59%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • marysh2432marysh2432 Member Posts: 1
    In November of 2006 my son leased a Nissa Altima. I was with him at the time, but left before he signed the paper work. I know that they told him in three years he could turn the car in, purchase it, or lease a different car. With the economy being what it is, he and his girl friend have been sharing a car. They were looking forward to getting rid of the payment and insurance. He just called to schedule a day to turn it in. It has less than 25000 miles and is in perfect shape. They told him he can't turn it in until May 2010. I don't understand how you can have a three year lease that turns into three and a half and I am wondering if there is anything we can do to get him out of it.
  • r5020r5020 Member Posts: 4
    marysh2432 - check the lease agreement. Is it a 36 month lease? Sounds to me like it might be a 42 month lease.

The lease agreement (as well as his monthly statement) should list the lease end date.
  • sochakovskysochakovsky Member Posts: 8
    It does seem as though your sons lease is 42 months instead of 36 months. Most Nissan leases are based on 39 months vs 36 months. However usually 3 months before your lease is up Nissan will allow you to return the car to a dealership and Nissan will make you last 3 payments on the car if you lease another Nissan/Infiniti product.

If the lease contract signed by your son states the lease is 42 months then I don't believe there is much you can do about it, other than turning the car in early and terminating the lease contract and paying all of the fees associated with it.

Sorry
  • heldicusheldicus Member Posts: 4
    Looking for current lease numbers on a 2010 Altima SL w/ premium audio pkg, MSRP $27,900. Trying to get this car with $0 down payment except tax/title/fees, and monthly payments around $350. Not sure if that's realistic or not. Can anyone help?

Looking for 36 mos, 12k miles
  • altimalover90altimalover90 Member Posts: 10
    Hi my stepdad purchased an 05 altima for me a few years ago it is paid for so now I want to give to my little brother. Can anyone tell me some good deals I can get on a 2007 altima 3.5se?? By the way I'm in the new orleans area so anywhere in louisiana would be good if you guys know anything.
  • leaserjoleaserjo Member Posts: 3
    Are there new or current numbers for a 2009 Altima. The note I am replying to was back in September and it was regarding a 3.5 engine (not sure if it matters). Got my eye on an 09 Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT).

MSRP: $26,350
    Need Nov. money factor and depreciation
    12,000 miles
    36 mo lease
    Do current cash back incentives apply to leasing?

Thanks
  • jps1010jps1010 Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

Could you please tell me the lease rates for a 2009 and 2010 Nissan Altima S at 12K and 15K for 36 months?

Thanks.
  • gome4gome4 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with Tech and Audio package for 36 months. How much can i expect to pay monthly in California with no money down.

Thanks
    Hi heldicus. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima Sedan SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 60%, respectively.

I would be happy to use this program to work up a sample lease payment for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with this car's approximate selling price, or at least its dealer invoice price, first.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the latest info for you, leaserjo. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima 2.5 S Sedan with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 55%, respectively.

The $1,750 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on the '09 Altima Sedan is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, jps1010. NMAC's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Altima Sedan S with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00205 and 59%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gome4. Let's work up a sample lease payment on the car that you're interested in and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan SL that has an MSRP of $27,120 and a selling price of $25,714 ($500 over invoice) through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $356.

Car_man
    Host
  • ocgirlocgirl Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I just test drove the 2010 Altima 2 days ago and I love it! The dealer has it listed @ 29K MSRP, this is with every feature minus my color pref. I'm going back in to talk figures in the next couple days. My husband and I are very good at negotiation and we're planning that they will counter quite a bit. No trade in, planning on putting 1K down, getting them to go from 29K to 26K, waive the disposition fee and get my payments to about 280/mo. This may sound a bit crazy compared to other monthly payments I've seen posted, but we've negotiated even more aggressive in other times.

What I dont know are what other hidden fees does the lease include that I haven't seen posted. The Disp Fee I had waived on my last lease and they wanted nothing for maintenance before return.
    How are Nissans wear and tear policys, req's for maintenance before turn in?

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks,

L
  • 08altima08altima Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am currently leasing an '08 Altima 2.5 S with the convenience package. I am paying 300 per month for 39 months and my lease will be up in exactly 12 months from now. I am leaning towards buying the car out at the end of the lease. The buyout price is $15,000. How flexible is Nissan with negotiating this amount? My goal would be to bring that price down to $12,000 (to continue paying ~300/month for another 3 years past the end of the lease). Since this is my first lease, I have no idea if a figure like this is reality so please clue me in.

If I do decide to return the lease, what can I expect in terms of paying for excessive wear and tear? I am well under the allotted mileage. However, I do have a few dings from daily driving: A bullseye that's less than 1/2", two light dents about 1" in diameter, and a 1" paint deep scratch on the rear door. Would it be in my best interest to fix all of this before returning the lease or take my chances with the 3rd party inspection?

I leased with NMAC
  • ucfphi225ucfphi225 Member Posts: 18
    I am looking into options of either buying or leasing. A good friend of mine just leased a 2010 Altima SL with absolutely $0 down for $347 a month. I believe this is before tax, and he was told if he does not deal with Nissan at the end of the lease (no other lease or purchase) there will be a $300 fee or something. That's all I know, but figured someone might find it helpful. I'm in the south Florida area.
  • bcianciosibcianciosi Member Posts: 2
    Is is humanly possible to get a 2010 Altima for $199/mo. lease+TTL or the buy option at 19,900+TTL? :confuse:
  • milangelmilangel Member Posts: 3
    I'm currently looking for a lease on 2010 Altima 2.5s Coupe w/ Con&Pre pkgs.

The best offer so far has been:

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s
    Silver exterior, Black interior
    -Convenience Package
    -Premium Package
    MSRP: $27,435
    Invoice: $25,454

39 Month Lease
    12k miles/year
    $3,000 TOTAL down
    Monthly Payment: $299/month plus tax
    TOTAL Monthly Payment including tax: $328/month

Is this a good deal? Anyone know the money factor and residual for this car? Any lease calculator recommend?
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    hey, where you able to waive the disposition fee with Nissan? I tried 3 separate times at three different dealers on my 2010 Maxima and they would not waive the disposition fee, despite having stayed with Nissan after having a Infiniti FX35! They told me that the dispo fee is mandated on all leases by IFS and NMAC and that the dealership has nothing to do with it because now Nissan and Infiniti want to charge us consumers $395 for the vehicle inspection and all the paperwork if we decide not to keep the car and buy it out at the end of the lease

Unfortunately, Toyota and Honda do not charge this disposition fee, as of yet, which just infuriates me because why should we pay to have the mandatory inspection when Nissan's major competitors do not charge it! Just another way for the car manufactures to screw us hard working, tax paying consumers over
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    You don't pay the disposition fee at lease signing, do you? Only when you turn it in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    well you not suppose to pay the disposition fee at lease signing because usually at lease signing you have no idea whether your going to be keeping the car or not in 3 years time

but you have to be careful though; the dealership I leased from tried to pull the old slick routine, "oh, well you can pay that off now at lease signing if you want" - I said to them, why would I do that because if I keep the car at lease end or lease another Nissan or Infiniti vehicle when the lease is up they waive the fee since your staying with Nissan/Infiniti so if I paid it now I'd be out for sure $395 and I doubt they'd give me a $395 credit in 3 years when I either bought or leased something else from them and would simply forget that I paid the dispo fee off now!

Of course when I brought this up the salesman and GM they both just sat there and didn't know what to say because they knew what I'm saying was true and it was just a ploy to get me to put more money down; your better off to wait to pay the disposition if at lease end you decided to say f#$% Nissan/Infiniti, I hate you, your customer service, and product and I'm going somewhere else, like Toyota or Honda who don't charge disposition fees
  • aamcaamc Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has the NMAC money factor/residuals for a 2010 2.5 SL for 36 and 39 month lease with 15K/year. Looking for December '09 and January '10 if possible.

Regards,
    Anton
  • nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88
    hi everyone, can you please post the latest money and residual numbers on a Nissan Altima 2010, SR 3.5 V6 base package if possible, 10, 12, or 15k Miles.
    Are there any deals and or incentives going on in the east coast ? Tristate - NY area?
    Hi milangel. It's excellent that you know what the MSRP and invoice price are for the Altima that you are interested in. However, you really need to find out what price the dealer is charging you for it to see how good a deal you are getting.

As far as this car's lease program goes, NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Altima Coupe 2.5S with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00186 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Anton. Here's the latest info on the car that you're interested in.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima Sedan 2.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00130 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, nkf2008. NMAC's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima 3.5 SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. I'm not sure if NMAC offers 10k leases, but if it does its 10k resid would likely be 2% higher than the 15k.

As far as cash incentives go, Nissan is currently providing $500 bonus cash on the '10 Altima Sedan. There's also a dealer stair-step program out there though which Nissan dealers can earn up to an additional $750 per vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • aamcaamc Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Car_man,

I ended up doing some shopping a couple of weeks ago for some relatives. We got a great deal at Butler Nissan in Fishers, IN.

2.5SL with convenience, convenience plus, premium audio, splash, and side sills.

39 month, 15K with money factor and residual as you noted.

$700 total down including first month's payment with $300/month including base payment and taxes.
  • jdawg2138jdawg2138 Member Posts: 4
    I am just curious, what are side sills?
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    I was just looking at this car because they are advertising on TV that you can get one for $189 a month. Your deal sounds really high. They say invoice is $25,454 but that's before tax, right? They want $3,000 down? Well, if you add that to 12 months of $328, for your first 12 months you're actually paying them just under $7,000, $6,936 to be exact, that works out to, in reality, $578 per month for the first 12 months. Of course, it goes back down to $328 in the 13th month.

Anyway, virtually all cars in the $25,000 range cost this in high tax areas like NY, where you can't get zero down, ever. I don't know, maybe everyone just bites the bullet and pays these prices, but it kind of irks me when I see the commercial, and I hear zero down, and I know it's all a come on, especially when they are advertising what's supposed to be an economical car. There are experts on this site that will tell you what's a "good deal", I'm just a disillusioned reader giving an opinion.
  • gexogexo Member Posts: 33
    yeah but what are you going to do about it, absolutely nothing, that's how they get people into their dealerships, i have seen costumers run out of a dealer and go straight to a leasing company because over at leasing its actually $0 down.
  • jcw14jcw14 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the residual value and money factor on a 2010 Altima 2.5 4dr sedan, 2.5l, 4 cyl. ctv. I am looking for a 36 mo lease with 12k miles
    Hello Hosts and members!
    Are the February rates available for Nissan Altimas? Money and Residual respectively
    I am looking specifically for numbers for a 3.5SR altima.

Thank you!
    Im going to keep this in the same thread instead of making a new one.

I just got off the phone with a quote for a Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2010. Base Model.

335.00 a month for 39 months, with 12 k miles per year.
    Taxes are factored into the 335.00 payment.
    Out of pocket costs are Bank fee, First month, and DMV transfer plate fee.
    roughly around 1000.00.

Can somebody let me know if these numbers are a good deal ? Thanks! :shades:
    You're very welcome, aamc.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jcw14. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima 2.5 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello nkf2008. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nkf2008. To be, the best way to tell if you are getting a good deal on a leased vehicle is to look at the selling price that the payment that you were quoted is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any meat left on the bone so to speak. Find out what this car's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    The car is priced out at 29.990 from nissans website.
    Altima SR with Premium and Sport packages with Tech Package
    So the offer is 358 a month with taxes in the payments, out of pocket expenses are first month, bank fee, dmv fees. those come out to be 1200's i think.
    every time i run the number through the forumla found on this website, I get a high number which should be my payment so I am little confused. I am probably just doing the math wrong, unless I am not factoring in something and getting the wrong amount. Thanks Car_man :D
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Is $29,990 the MSRP in the ad?

If so, then the ad is still missing a vital piece of information: The selling price of the vehicle. It's really impossible to reverse-engineer a lease quote without knowing the selling price it's based on..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

yes the 29.900 is the msrp.
    I car itself is 600 under the msrp so 29.300. is the selling price.
  • motonationmotonation Member Posts: 34
    ^^^^ Not much of a "break"; I would think you could negotiate a lower selling price first (cap cost), and then spring the Lease option on them once a true price is established.

If you want to see how the cap cost (and money factor, etc) affects your monthly payment, go here: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm (Sorry, found another Lease calculator besides the one on this site)
  • mmc07mmc07 Member Posts: 4
    I have 3 months left on my Nissan Sentra lease and am thinking about turning it in early and leasing a 2010 Altima 2.5 S for 39 mos with 15k miles per year. The MSRP is $23,970 but my dad can help me get VPP. I don't want to put much $ down but I'd really like to keep my monthly payment under $250. What would I have to do to accomplish that?
  • friedmikefriedmike Member Posts: 37
    Car_man,

Do you have residual and money factor on 2010 Altima 3.5 SR Coupe for 24 months and 36 months? Is residual much worse for SR than 2.5 S Coupe?
    I sure do, friedmike. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Altima 3.5 SR Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 53%, respectively.

The residual value for the 3.5 is two points lower than the resid for the 2.5.

Don't bother going with a 24 month lease of this car. Nissan pulled the plug on its support for two year leases a while ago.

The above program is scheduled to run through today, March 1st. Please feel free to check back with me in a few days for an update on what the new March program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • klb85klb85 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    I was just quoted these numbers for a lease, was just wondering if they seem to be pretty fair. Its a stripped down 2010 altima 3.5sr 4 door with just floor mats.

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR with Floor Mats
    MSRP: $25,415
    Sale Price: $22,581
    Money Factor: .00130
    Residual (12k):57%

Payment: $299 plus tax
    **1st Payment & Plate Fees Due at signing
  • altimadrvraltimadrvr Member Posts: 7
    well i can tell you i just picked up my new 35 sr with tech for 395 with zero out of pocket (sign drive) with 15k a year and them takin care of my last 4 payments on my 07 35 se and yes that includes the mass 6.25% sales tax :shades:
This discussion has been closed.