Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• threesixtthreesixt Member Posts: 8
    This is the lease deal I just got in Denver

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5SR Sedan / Premium / Sport / Kick Plates / Floor Mats / Super Black / Blonde

- MSRP $30,585

- Negotiated Cap Cost $27,002

- Total Cap Cost Reduction $2300 = $1300 Trade Allowance, $1000 Cash Down

- Terms were 39 months, 15,000 miles per year, Money Factor .00097, and Residual Value of $18,351 (60%).

- Costs Added are $1520.20 = $27.20 registration, $595 Nissan acquisition fee, $499 dealer handling fee, $399 appearance (protection) package

- Adjusted Cap Cost is $26,222

- Monthly Sales Tax is 7.72%

- Payment is $245.07 + $18.92 tax = $263.99 total monthly payment

- Drive offs = $1000 down + $263.99 first payment + $77.72 tax on down = $1341.71

- 2 Years Free Maintenance
  • dyingbreeddyingbreed Member Posts: 8
    Ok I need some help (just like everyone else on here).

I've purchased cars in the past from nissan motors, and paid them off with no problems.
    Then a few years ago I had a business failure, and did a bankruptcy and turned in a car that was financed through Nissan Motors.

How can I tell if they would finance me without going to the dealer and going through all the pricing, and stuff if they would do a lease??

My credit is in the high 600's, if not low 700's right now.
    I have a VERY low Debt to Income ratio.

Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide.
  • bob_fl727bob_fl727 Member Posts: 1
    I am being told that I cannot get the special lease rate and the rebate in the same deal, but it seems that many of you are getting the best of both worlds. I assume the special lease rates are 39 months with 60% residual and a money factor of .00097. The rebate was $1250.

Is everyone else getting the same story or are some of you getting both?

Thanks
  • dyingbreeddyingbreed Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know about this?

Thank you!
  • 501501 Member Posts: 24
    Was offered the following.

2011 Maxima
    SL Package
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Premium Audio Package

MSRP: $28,200

39 Months
    $700 down (includes 1st payment, taxes, etc.
    20,000 miles per year

$350.18 per month

????
    OK here is my new offer with 15,000 miles per year.

Altima S
    + SL Package
    + Splash Guards
    + Convenience Package
    + Convenience Plus Package
    + Premium Audio Package
    + Mats

$28,200 MSRP
    $25,748 Total Capital Cost
    0.00103 Retention/Disclosed Rate (Money Factor)
    $16,074 Purchase Option

$700.00 Total cash due at signing (included 1st payment)
    $307.60 monthly payment.

39 months - 15,000 miles per year

Good or possibly better out there?
  • eufeeufe Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good deal. Better than mine.

$28215 MSRP
    $26165 Capital Cost (Costco price, so they say)
    .00103 Money Factor

$1000.00 down (includes 1st payment)
    339.90 / month

39 months @ 15,000 per year.

Same car with same features. What state are you at. Im in San Diego, CA.
    Any tips to bringing the Capitol cost lower?
    Im in Michigan. I just emailed evey Nissan dealership within 100 miles (about 9 different dealerships) and the ones that came in the lowest I tried to get them to budge just a little more.

Is your deal with the $500 st Patty day cash figured in? Thats good until Monday I believe.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome tinkerbell2011.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey tinkerbell2011. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 2.5S with 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jeep097. If you are not a current NMAC lessee then I don't believe that you are eligible for the loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Rob. Nissan is not currently running any sort of promotion that will let your girlfriend out of her current lease a year early for free. She will have to pay to get out of her deal now one way or another.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima 2.5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Altima Sedan 2.5S are .00103 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is correct bob_fl727. Nissan's customer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • sfowler22sfowler22 Member Posts: 8
    What is the current money factor & residual % for a 39 month 12k & 15k lease on the 2011 Altima 3.5SR

My current numbers for a 3.5SR with premium, sport & tech package is
    MSRP $32,585

Cap cost is $26,366

Thanks
    Sfowler22, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 3.5SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 59%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • tacticalbuytacticalbuy Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

I'm looking for the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of 2011 altima 2.5s with convenience + convenience plus w/15k miles a year. My parents are about to lease and I want to make sure they're not getting screwed. Thanks!
    Hello tacticalbuy. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Altima 2.5S with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • arf400arf400 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

How reliable are the money factor and residuals that you post? I can't seem to find any other sources for this information online.

I'm looking for the factor and residual for the Altima 2.5S w/ SL, 12,000 miles, top tier credit score.

Thanks, Tony
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    Car Man,

Looking to lease a 2011 Altima 3.5SR. I'm undecided on Coupe or Sedan. Can you post the Money Factor and residual for both models for 36 and 39 month lease terms? Assume 12k miles/yr
  • skoorbmaxskoorbmax Member Posts: 11
    Car_man's numbers are the exact ones I was told yesterday at a Nissan dealership in Western NY. Out of the gates in their paper ad they are offering $189/month for 39 months with $0 capital reduction. All due at signing is first payment, taxes, doc fee, etc. (so around $1800). I'm still looking but cannot really find any other sedans with similarly attractive deals as on an altima at the moment.
    Hi Tony. They're perfect of course :). I'm really not aware of any resource that provides consumers with an accurate picture of manufacturers' actual lease programs.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 2.5SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go loud0g40oz. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altims Sedan 3.5 SR with 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR are .00078 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • myke0323myke0323 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2011
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the numbers for a 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S?

I'm not sure if most of the numbers posted here are sedans or coupes, but imagine they are sedans.

One more thing: Can the $1250 incentive be applied towards the lease? And how about the $500 college student/grad incentive?

Thanks in advance!
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    Thanks Car_man. The lower money factor and higher residual on the 3.5SR sedan make it the winner.

Can you tell me if the money factor and residual changes with 39 month leases, and also does Nissan offer 10k/yr mileage leases? If so, what's the money factor/residual of them for the 3.5SR Altima sedan?
  • showroom4showroom4 Member Posts: 4
    Hey skoorbmax, I am in WNY as well, what dealer was this at and on what model/options. Thanks a lot!
    Hi showroom4, the price I mentioned a few days ago was from Hoselton Nissan. I was told tonight that they are possibly changing their lease deals as early as tomorrow morning, I guess we'll have to see.
    Just picked up a 2011 3.5 SR bare bones plus a few cheap options (bluetooth, floor mats, some other $100 option I can't remember), for a cap cost of about ~$22,600. Residual ~$15,200. $1750 incl first payment and $209/month * 38 more payments. "rent" charge on that depreciation was something around $800, which confuses me. I've not pored over the numbers yet but a sub 1% money factor (and credit rating did guarantee that) should have had less paid into interest. For whatever reason I don't understand (and I'm quite inclined mathematically but really this one eludes me nor could anybody seemingly explain it), putting additional money into this to reduce payment was having an incredibly weak effect ($1750 further reducing payments a mere $25/month instead of ~$50 as I'd expect), so I simply didn't do it.

Realistically I think I got within a few hundred bucks of about how cheap any dealership will let one of these go right now. No grad discount or anything like that.

I got this for right around where local Hyundais were pricing their (after some negotiation mind you) base model Sonatas. Those are very sharp cars, I like them (look better than an Altima, too), but it would have been foolhardy to pick a base Sonata over a 3.5 SR, unforgivable even.
  • brian4001brian4001 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide the RV and MF for an Altima 2.5S for 12,000mi/36month lease.

I'm in the NYC area if that helps...

Thank you
    I certainly do myke0323. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 54%, respectively.

The $1,250 cash incentive cannot be used on leases, but Nissan is providing a $500 bonus cash incentive which can be. The college grad cash is probably compatible with the lease as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Hi Car_man,

A dealer said the MF and residual on a 3.5SR with Tech, Sport, and Premium pckg was .00053 and 57% respectively?

Why the difference?
  • mizzourimizzouri Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Nissan just announced a special lease on Altima sedans:

2011 Altima 2.5S CVT w/Splash Guards & Mats Lease
    24 Months - $189/Month - $2,999 initial payment.

There is also one at $179/month, but you have to pay a $595 acq fee in addition to the $2999 down payment.

Could you please provide the residuals and money factors for both leases?

I'm a little bit disappointed because I called some local dealers in my area to obtain this information and completely got the run around! A few couldn't find their books and "didn't know." One told me the residual was 65% and MF .00195. Another was a bit closer I think at 56% for 12000 miles and a MF of .00053. This was the first time I've ever had dealerships either refuse to provide this information or make it extremely difficult and unpleasant.

I'm in Missouri (the dealership I contacted were in the greater KC area).

Thank you SO much!!
  • cooperj112cooperj112 Member Posts: 7
    I am wondering the same thing. I just got a quote for a 3.5 SR for 12k Miles and 36 months with a MF of .00053 and a residual of 54%. Are these numbers region specific or are they changing as the months goes along?
    Hi ahashmi. I believe that the numbers have changed. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 3.5 SR with 15,000 miles per year are .00053 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, mizzouri.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Altima Sedan 2.5S CVT with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I know what you mean, I just leased a Maxima, and I've never had this much hard of a time obtaining this information, most said 'we don't know, we just plug into the computer, and it gives us numbers.'

I even called NMAC and Nissan HQ to get this, and they wouldnt tell me either. They kept saying "ask the dealer" I'm like every dealer is getting me different numbers, its really stupid.

Best way is to ask in person at two dealers, and if they don't want to provide it to you, walk out. You're not into to get ripped off.
  • air6air6 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Hi everyone,
    I accepted a quote on the following pkg last evening in Massachusetts:
    Memorial day sale

Altima S
    15,000 miles per year/39 months lease
    + SL Package
    + Splash Guards
    + Convenience Package
    + Convenience Plus Package
    + Premium Audio Package
    + Mats

$28,200 MSRP
    0.00038(Money Factor)
    $16,074 Purchase Option
    $335 monthly payment

No money down and no out of pocket expenses i.e. all fees included in monthly payment
    No 1st month payment
    They also threw in a maintenance pkg ( oil change and tire rotation for lease term)
    I have no idea what the sale price is or what rebates I am getting

Is it a great deal? I am supposed to sign the lease paperwork this evening
    Thanks
    You should be able to do better. Seems like they're selling you the car at $27250, when it should be more like $24500 with the $500 incentive.

You should be about $270-280 including tax specially with that MF (which i think is not correct, should be .00053)
  • cowkittycowkitty Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman!

We've been getting some widely varying numbers from the Nissan dealerships and wanted to know if this was a good deal. We're in Oregon by the way so there's no sales tax.

For a 2011 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR with all 3 packages (Tech, leather and premium)
    MSRP is $34,495.
    Sales price: $31,676

Terms of the lease:
    $2000 down (that doesn't include first month, DMV etc) on a 39 month lease with 12,000 miles/year.
    Residual value: $18,627 (they said that's 54%)
    Money Factor: 0.00078 (they said it hasn't changed since May)
    Monthly payments are $369.00

Is that a good deal? They originally had it at $383 a month which was based on the MSRP. When I asked them to lower the price of the car, they responded that it would make the monthly payments go UP. So I declined the offer and they called back today with the new sales price and $369 figure. When we punched the numbers into the Edmund's Lease calculator with the same numbers, we got $350/mth.

p.s. This has been a real headache for the last few weeks. One Nissan dealership quoted us a money factor of 0.00229 (5.5% APR) for an Altima 2.5S with just the convenience pkg - a monthly payment of $395!! We just looked at them and walked out. Talk about adding in a dealer reserve! :surprise:
  • cowkittycowkitty Member Posts: 12
    Well, the dealership just called me back again to tell me that one, the money factor has gone up for 3.5SR Coupes to 0.00112 and that OOPS they had given me pricing info on the wrong car and now the lease payments are $396.

Deep breath.

What is the money factor and residual for the Altima Coupe 2.5S and the 3.5SR for the month of June?

I guess I'm back to square one.
    That is an insanely expensive deal. Look at the Maxima thread to see how much I got it for.

My Maxima (MSRP $38030), I got it for much cheaper than that. Thats a ridiculous price.
  • icendio777icendio777 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    I was offered a lease of 265/mo with only 1st month payment (no down payment) for a 2011 Altima 2.5S w/ bluetooth, floor mats, and splash guards with an MSRP of 23,960, money factor of .00054 and residual of 13,657.29. The lease price includes tax, all fees, and registration. Is this a good deal??
    Hi icendio777. It would be easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price first. this would save me from having to back into it. Do you know what that number is?

Car_man
    Host
    Whats your term and mileage?

If I assume 39 mo and 15k/yr with the RV (57%) you provided, and Due @ Signing Cost is $595 bank fee, $211 DMV, $250 Doc Fee -- all rolled into you monthly, then:

Your selling price for the vehicle is $21,500 and POM is 43%. Which is not a bad deal considering the dealer is selling at cost, but you should be able to drop another $500, so your monthly is $252.
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Car_man,

Do you have updated numbers to reflect the new 24 month lease that's being offered in June?

Looking for 24, 36 and 39 months, with 12k miles MF and residual on both the Altima SL and Coupe S

Thanks!
  • alcapalcap Member Posts: 82
    Car_Man

I am looking into lease of 2011 Altima 2.5 S. Do you know updated numbers for New Jersey? So far the dealers I contacted are putting me in the high 300's with tax when I was thinking mid 200's with tax. Also on another note I might trade in a car with negitive equity, and the dealer told me for every 1,000 dollars you roll into the lease it will increase your payment by 30.00 dollars is that correct? And also if I trade in car that I still owe money on does it save me any money on the tax for the new lease?

Thanks,

Car_Man

15,000 miles per year/39 months lease
    SL Package
    Splash Guards
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Premium Audio Package
    Mats
  • freddytttfreddyttt Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2011
    Hello everyone- here is what i got-i do need to move as quick as possible however i did walk out mid through negotiations-

I wrote these down as the salseman would not give me the paper-

2011 Altima s

Fully loaded-

39 month lease

Convenience Plus Package
    SL package
    Tech Package

1500 down to cover DMV deal whatever-(this does not bring price down)
    res. 17476(buyout)

324 month-

thoughts?
    28780 is not really lower than MSRP, you should be about 26k on this car with all the incentives. Try zag.com
    Hi djdez. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Altima Coupe S with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00078 and 55%.

The 39 month numbers are .00078 and 54%.

I believe that the numbers are exactly the same for the Coupe with the SL package.

Car_man
    Host
  • freddytttfreddyttt Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2011
    well i did on the phone in 10 min what i could not do face to face in 10 hrs with 5 dealerships. at that last dealership in person and the only dealership that had a black on black loaded with leather sl bose audio and so forth. in the middle of negotiation on price my wife blurted out that another dealer had the price at 315.00 a month. since i was still trying in negotiate the MSRP i new at that time it was GAME OVER. and of course the salesmen dropped from 359.00 a month right to 315.00. i walked out.picked up the phone at a deale 50 miles away who had a loaded black on black. 2876, 24734 OTD 265.00 a month. no haggle no BS. these prices were internet and posted online. i was shocked but very happy. this is a dealer in NJ.

this however did not include Tech package. i tried and tried and just could not find and see one with the Tech. package.
  • coke69coke69 Member Posts: 4
    This is my first lease and not sure what i can negogiate. Live in the NY/NJ area and looking to lease an altima 2.5S. What is a fair term. Appreciate the info/help/guide. Thank You, Joe
This discussion has been closed.