Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• freddytttfreddyttt Member Posts: 8
    Joe after 10 hours of face to face at 5 different dealerships in NJ all BS me i found one in NJ about 50 min from my home. 2.5 SL with everthing but Nav black on black(leather) upgraded bose and so on-

265.00 month 1000 down. if interested let me know-

(MSRP prices and internet prices are shown online so no BS) did everything in 10 min on phone and the wife went signed and picked up the car. zero problems.
  • smckdwn989smckdwn989 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2011
    So I'm in the process of trying to hand in my 2008 altima, it's got 3 payments left on a 39 month lease.

i've been negotiating but the dealer today came up with some very surprising figures and I walked out since he wasn't willing to deal with me. I'd appreciate some help if you can.

Basically he insisted he was selling the 2011 altima 2.5S coupe with leather/premium MSRP of 29960 for 23800. Payments with 0 down still came out to 353 per month and i pushed on getting the residual and moneyfactor which is gave me as 51% and .00120 which differ greatly than the residuals and money factors that i thought (56% for a 12k lease and .00078).

Obviously they also baked in more fees than the typical documents, bank fee. I walked out, but want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and that they are playing with the residual and money factors to make it seem like I am getting a good base cap cost.

ps i am in CT and would be interested in finding info out on that dealer... I don't mind traveling if the deal is right
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome Joe. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If you provide us with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact Altima that you want, you can find that information here: New Vehicle Pricing, I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • fueledupfueledup Member Posts: 64
    altima 3.5 sedan, msrp 30,800.00, total out of pocket 1,000.00 includes first payment ,39 months ,12k per year ,total payment amount $315.00 that includes sales tax of 7% , includes 2-year maintenance, $399.00 disposal fee.
  • geffengeffen Member Posts: 278
    edited July 2011
    The first two links says page not found.
    Wondering if could let me know which dealer you went to for that deal?
    Huh, sorry about that geffen. They must have changed them. Here you go:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/10-steps-to-leasing-a-new-car.html

http://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/calculate-your-own-lease-payment.html

Car_man
    Host
    car_man, do you know what the July Lease rates are for the Altima Coupe 2.5S?
  • geffengeffen Member Posts: 278
    This is my first time leasing, last month i just started leasing a 2011 Nissan Altima and just wanted to know since i am paying tax every month on the lease will this be a taxable event on my 2010 state or local income tax ?
  • riccy8riccy8 Member Posts: 8
    I also live in jersey, could you tell me where you went to? i would love to get that same deal! please looking for lease asap... and honda is not cooperating with me Thank you
    I certainly do smckdwn989. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S with 15,000 miles per year are .00024 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Could you please tell me the dealership you went to?!?!? i am in the middle of negotiating a deal just like this.... could you tell me everything about this deal? please dont leave out any details....
  • nissanguysnissanguys Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to get some feedback on this deal. I got a Lease payment price of $234 per month 12k miles per year for 39 months with a total of about $1200.00 out of pocket.
    This 1200 includes taxes rolled in and 1st and dmv.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks
    Chris
    Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to get some feedback on this deal. I got a Lease payment price of $234 per month 12k miles per year for 39 months with a total of about $1200.00 out of pocket.
    This 1200 includes taxes rolled in and 1st and dmv.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks
    Chris
    What was included in your package?
    Just 2.5 S Base but it is a 2012.
    Yea I'm not familiar with a good deal yet I am searching right now and could use myself..
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    its decent deal, I think you can do better. I need the MF and RV to know exactly where you should be but 200-210 sound reasonable with those numbers.
  • chrisp2006chrisp2006 Member Posts: 3
    Hello CarMan, can you tell me the MF and Residual for 36mo 12k/yr for a 2012 3.5 SR Sedan?

Also: Are there any current rebates / customer cash for Nissan that can be combined with a lease?

Thanks!
    edited July 2011
    just left the dealership and trying to neg a deal... the best they would do was $310 down $310 a month on a 2012 black on black 2.5s SL package with Audio package (Back up camera)... and a year free of oil changes... 15k miles/36 months is this a good deal? they will not budge anymore and i think they can at least come down to $300 some one please help me out i need to let them know ASAP!!... i think the list price on the car is 27K
    Hello chrisp2006. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Altima 3.5SR Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00081 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that there's any cash incentives on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    sorry i was out of town. the deal i got was 265 month 1,000 down plus first month 265.00. the wife wanted rear spoiler which added about 10.00 a month- Ricc8 pretty much the same car. 310 a month- not good enough.

Acme Nissan nj ask for Allen i believe thats his name- look online they dive you internet price. my car was 24 and change 4000+ under MSRP.

mention Alyce Scarano. thats my wife- tell them you want my deal;) i also get 100.00 referal if iy works for you.
    Freddyttt, thanks for your response. I just got another offer $375 down(First Month payments and $65 for plate's ) $310 month 15k/39 month lease 2.5S SL and Audio package, Rear spoiler, and fog lights and free oil changes and tire rotations for the life of the lease. this seems like a great offer Black on Black. Seems like a great lease let me know... thanks
    Ok so just signed my lease tonight. $305 down for first months payment. 15k/39 month lease. Black on Black leather 2.5s, SL package with Audio package. in addition they added, fog lights, rear spoiler and the wind deflector for the sun roof and a year of oil changes... i feel this is a very good deal i think the MSRP of the car came out to be like 29K. All this for $305 per month. Please let me know your thoughts.. i have really gone to every dealership in the tri-state area and nobody could come close to this offer...
    Thanks
    rick8 i think you did very well. where do you live in NJ.? my payments are 270.00 change but ony got 12k a year. its a great car so far. im gonna get the windows blacked out to seperate it from the other 1,000s of altimas a see.:)
  • chrisp2006chrisp2006 Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man,

I know I sound like a pain, but can you confirm the 62%? I have dealers telling me 61%, which goes against all the other information I've found on the web. I've only seen the base rate of 60%, then add 2% for 12k/yr. Perhaps Nissan has other methods for different mileage?

Thanks!
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    I think Nissan adds 1% for 12k mi compared to 15k not 2%. Also, If you're pricing with nav, no the RV drops 1% as well.
  • aperregatturvaperregatturv Member Posts: 9
    Just came back from a dealer with price of $250/m with 39m/15k with $1000 down on a new 2011 Altima Sedan with Audio package, convenience plus and premium package and leather, backup camera and push button start.
    Do you think this a good deal?
    i put down $100 deposit and told him i will be back tomorrow.
    please let me know.
    Thanks
  • djdezdjdez Member Posts: 110
    Car_Man,

Could you let me know if there is any lease cash available on the 2011 and 2012 Sedans? It looks like $750 is available on the 2011's but I'm being told there isn't any for the '12s?

or, is the dealer cash only available on a purchase? Thanks!
    Hi djdez. I believe that Nissan is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of the 2011 Sentra through NMAC.

There isn't any cash yet on leases of the 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerry166jerry166 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man I need your advise! I'm currently in a lease for a 2009 Nissan Altame with 32,000 miles on it, I have 12 months remaining on a three yr lease. My current payments are $333.a month ( therefore 3,996. remains to be paid !) I went to a dealership in Rockland NY today>they offered me a 2011 Nissan Altama Sedan, 2.5 SL package w/ Primium Audio Package, 39 months, 15K mileage, first mo. payment and DVM fees, and $359. a month for 38 months. I could live with the 2009 for another 12 months but for $27. more a month I'll have a new car, all be it for another 38 months! I would be grateful for any advise! Thanks Car_man
  • dom6183dom6183 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2011
    To anyone with information: for the 2011 Altima COUPE 2.5S, what is the current offer residual (%) and money factor? (39 months and 12,000 miles per year) Lots of people are posting Altima sedan numbers, but I am concerned that coupe numbers are different.

Also, is Nissan still providing $500 loyalty cash for returning customers for new lease deals? We are not returning a lease right now, but did purchase a 2007 Nissan (paid off in 2010).

Thanks!
  • dom6183dom6183 Member Posts: 13
    Well, yesterday I found an answer to my own question: the current July program for 39 months and 12k miles uses 51% RV and a really low money factor of .00024 (converts to 0.58%). In fact, we took a deal yesterday for a 2011 coupe listing at 30,415, negotiated sell price of 27,000.
  • rherbert08rherbert08 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys, I need some help. I am wanting to lease a Nissan Altima but I have never leased anything before so I am not sure how it all works. I have tryed to get some reviews but all of them are around 1990's and 2001. I could not find any recently. What I am wanting to do is lease the Nissan Altima for 3 years and than buy it when my contracts up. Can yall help me out give me some reviews and advise please and thanks.
  • schnu44schnu44 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    I went to the dealer last week and put a deposit on a 2011 SL, including the leather, premium audio and 2 convenience packages.

39 months using NMAC - residual 54% and factor .00039 (0.936%).
    12K mi/yr.

Payment is 319/mth - with only 1st payment and DMV fees out of pocket (vs my current 08 Altima similarly equipped except basic radio/no backup camera at 347/mth).

I think its a pretty good deal, considering that the lowest I've seen on this thread is about 305-310/mth.
  • juanca08juanca08 Member Posts: 15
    I will not recomend a Nissan Altima with CVT's to anybody, My Altima is a 2010 2.5 SL with 13,000 miles. I had a lot of problems and I still have them. The car was in the shop for more than a months, they replaced the trasmission and it took that long for Nissan ingenieers to figure the problem out. I had my car back about a month ago and the same problem started to show up again plus a knocking sound coming from the transmission when I start the car. I have been a loyal Nissan customer up until today.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Fishy claim!
  • buildncastlesbuildncastles Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Hello all,

I'm trying to find a lease for a 2.5s *coupe* in Northern NJ. Best offer so far (I've gone to two different nissan dealerships) is $1,000 down for $284.99/month for 39 months with 12k miles a year.

What does everyone think? I'm not sure how much lower I can get them. I've walked out at both dealerships this weekend and neither has called me back.
  • john420john420 Member Posts: 97
    What is the MSRP?
  • buildncastlesbuildncastles Member Posts: 2
    MSRP: 25,000
  • collideoscopiccollideoscopic Member Posts: 20
    Hello Car_Man,

Hopefully you see this and are able to help me out quickly - I am looking for MF and residual for August (apparently new programs came out today) for a 36 month, 12k mi/yr lease of a 2012 Altima Coupe 3.5SR. I am planning to meet with a dealer on one tomorrow and would like to have ammo before going in.

Appreciate the help in advance,
    Colin
    Hi 44 ... nj here. same car as you 265.00 a month-
  • frodo_59frodo_59 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    28,990 MSRP
    60% Residual (12k miles)
    17,394 end of lease buy out
    26,220 agreed price (25,625 + 595 acquisition fee, no money down)
    .00081 money factor
    9% PA sales/use tax
    39 months
    285.18/month
    :shades:

used truecar.com info as negotiating tool--locals didnt match but came close enough for me-- could have done maybe $600 ($15/month) better with a 3 hr round trip to another dealer.

Thanks to all for the info/insights!!!!

Forgot, Leased 8/1/2011
    Hi jerry166. Why do you want to get out of your current lease so early? Are you approaching your mileage limit? Generally speaking, it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases this early. While no one knows what the future lease programs will be like, chances are that you will be able to get a much better deal on your next new vehicle is you weren't trying to get out of your current one so far in advance of its scheduled end date.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dom6183. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Altima Coupe 2.5S with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The $500 loyalty cash that you mentioned is still available, but it is only for current NMAC lessees who are returning their vehicles. Unfortunately as the current owner of a Nissan I don't believe that you are eligible for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings rherbert08. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Colin. NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerry166jerry166 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, Thank you for getting back to me!! However, I did go through with the lease deal. I got the car for 39 months, 15k, remote starter, 0 down,349.00 a month which is 17.00 more a month then my current the 2009 lease.I drive back and forth NY - Fla so at this stage in my life I figure I deserve it ....Right? ...I know you agree:) I may be paying a few dollars more in the long run but thats okay.

Car_man thanks for all the good advise you guys give out on this site. Peace and All Good too You.
    Jerry
  • mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Carman, can I get a August MF and residual for 39 months on a 2012 Altima SR with premium and sport packages? Also I believe there is $1,000 in lease loyalty correct?

In addition, Can I get those #'s for the SL. with all major packages except tech

Thanks.
  • 67breaker67breaker Member Posts: 3
    hi car man. Please advise august money factor and residual value for Altima sedan 3.5 SR V6 for 39 mos and 10k miles per year. thank you
This discussion has been closed.