Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    OK, I'll check over there in a little bit, anguilla.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi justfallup. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00037 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00037 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • sbs9sbs9 Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I just got email from one of the many Nissan dealers who now has me on their spam list - there will be $500 President's day cash this weekend.

However it looks like the $500 incentive that was available at the beginning of Feb is gone, so it looks like they've just switched one $500 for another rather than increasing the total incentive amount.
  • sbs9sbs9 Member Posts: 7
    Here's what I got yesterday:

SL with: H01+K01+K02+B10+N10+L92

MSRP 28850

24429 Selling price before incentives
    +595 Bank lease fee
    +129 Dealer fees
    +69 Gov't tags & fees
    -1350 Incentives

39mo;12k/yr
    MF 0.00037
    Residual $15579 (54%)

+9% tax

= 39 payments of $248

(My actual deal included a trade and 38 payments instead of 39, but I backed those out to present the simple version for apples-to-apples comparisons.)

Bought it from Fitzgerald in Chambersburg PA and it was a very good experience. I recommend them strongly both on price and customer service experience.
  • justfallupjustfallup Member Posts: 4
    Last Sunday, I leased a fully loaded SL with Navigation and a MSRP of $31,120 at Autoway Nissan in Brandon (Tampa), FL. No trade. 15,000 miles, 39 months. Nothing down except the first month's payment. $331/month including tax, title, dealer fees, etc.
  • tim_arcandtim_arcand Member Posts: 7
    Just leased Fully Loaded 2012 Altima SL
    MRSP - 31610
    Includes: Convenience Package, Convenience Plus Package, Premium Audio, Technology Package, Splash Guards, Rear Spoiler, Fog Lights, Aluminum Kick Plates, Trunk Sub Floor Organizer, Floor Mats.

Rebates - $850(lease rebate) +$500(new grad)

24 month 12k lease for 300 per month(includes all MN tax+ fees). Yes, first payment and full tank gas on them.

I would like to thanks Edmunds and Car_man for the great site and forum.
    Truecar was excellent help too.

Let me know if anyone is looking for any details on this. I will be glad to help.
  • mako1215mako1215 Member Posts: 2
    Thinking of leasing a 12' Altima. Anything I need to know? or tips?
    Hi mako1215. The easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,330 cash incentive on leases of this car through NMAC. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of pretty close to dealer invoice minus this cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • mako1215mako1215 Member Posts: 2
    What are the normal buy rate lease money factor numbers?

And how do I know what the dealer invoice pricing is?

Thanks.
  • hacker36hacker36 Member Posts: 28
    Car Man...Could you update the March lease factors and residuals for the 2012 Altima SL, 39

months for 12K and 15K per year? Is the lease cash $1330?

Thanks.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Car_man .. do you have the latest Altima COUPE s money factor and residual for 12000 miles , 24mo and 36 mo, thank you!
  • iburrowsiburrows Member Posts: 8
    i disagree...

The reality is that many Nissan dealers are willing to go far below invoice. March 2012 is a perfect example of that. while things vary greatly by region and district, any dealer in my area is dealing with "retro" programs right now. Meaning that the dealer must hit a certain quota of new nissan sales in order to be paid bonus money. in this scenario a dealership may be willing to lose anywhere from $200 to $600 on a single lease with hopes of selling enough units to reach their bonus (every dealership has it's own unique quota number).

Why would a customer search for the lowest possible sale price? When someone shops me for the lowest possible sale price i provide them with a price that includes every possible purchase rebate nissan is offering, usually also including college grad rebate cash (depending on model). When shopping for first a low sale price, and then ask to have a lease calculated, as a customer you're setting yourself up for confusion, and setting yourself up to receive misleading information. By first finding the lowest sale price, then attempting to have the lease payment calculated you're allowing multiple variables into the equation: state fees, local fees, dealer fees, title fees, and NMAC fees, sales tax, available rebates, etc. (NMAC = nissan motor acceptance corp. $595 acquisition fee, and a $395 lease turn in disposition fee)

I believe the correct way to shop for the absolute best lease deal is to get the BOTTOM LINE OUT THE DOOR LEASE PAYMENT. the out the door total should include all fees and all taxes.

a salesman or dealership has no qualms about lying to a customer. if you, as a customer, arrive at a dealership under the presumption of a certain payment with a certain amount of money out of your pocket due at signing, and then terms change (ie: payment or cash due out of your pocket): WALK OUT. the way i do business is completely honest and up front, and i see all too often a dealer lies about "taxes due at signing" or "first payment due and signing" to get a customer in the door, and instead of leaving because they were lied to the customer just signs the papers any way. This is not the way a respectable business should operate and it's a shame the auto industry has fallen to this level.

Edmunds.com provides all MSRP and invoice costs on any new car i've ever checked, always accurate to the dollar. I have seen many discrepancies when it comes to available rebates however.
    dealers have had $500 dealer cash (not a customer rebate) for months now on any new Altima in my area! Also for any of you out there debating to look for a nissan lease this weekend or not, we havent gotten anything official yet, but look out for a bonus rebate for st. patty's day (similar to president's day, memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, etc...)
    have you purchased? I wish ohio had Altima hybrids! if you havent bought yet: your timing is perfect, in my region Nissan has huge lease loyalty incentives so look out for those!!!
    Ohio region March:
    2012 Altima 2.5 CVT coupe: no lease cash rebate
    15k = 52%
    12k = 53%

2012 Altima 2.5 CVT sedan (trim/packages do not matter): $1,330 lease cash
    15k = 51%
    12k = 52%
  • golfplentygolfplenty Member Posts: 1
    Do you know if St patty's rebate will be on Maxima too?
    sorry we dont know anything official yet... the maxima chances really are 50/50. the usual suspects for holiday bonuses are Altima and Rogue
  • siccamoresiccamore Member Posts: 2
    Hi everybody,
    this site has been so helpful for me during leasing research.
    I've finally got an offer on the table but after reading livintheoc's offer am not sure if anymore. Is this a good deal or should I hold out?

CashPrice $ 20475.00
    Bank Fee. $ 595.00
    DMV Fee.. $ 233.00
    CapReduct $ 572.52
    Veh MSRP. $ 23650.00

Res %.........* 61%
    ResidAdds $ 0.00
    Residual.*$ 14226.50
    Rate.........*0.00048
    Term.......... 24
    Adj Cap.. $ 19167.48

CustCash.*$ 1300.00
    Driveoff. $ 2630.00

Base Pymt $ 221.90
    Pymt w/Tx $ 241.32
  • siccamoresiccamore Member Posts: 2
    hi livintheoc, from your username I'm guessing you're in socal like me, what dealership did you get your great deal at? I'm looking at leases as well but the best deal I've found so far is 2.5s sedan no extra features on a 24-month 16k/yr lease @ $244/month (incl taxes) and thats with a $1300 down payment. I'd love to get the deal you got, thanks!
    Hey mako1215. this car's lease program varies by trim level, term and mileage allowance. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll gladly give you an idea of what its current program is like.

You can look up the dealer invoice price of this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hacker36. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Altima Sedan SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00037 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

The lease cash is indeed $1,330.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello steevo. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Altima Coupe S with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 24-months. Nissan is not currently supporting two year leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Good call iburrows. Nissan did indeed introduce a $500 bonus cash incentive on many models for the St. Patrick's Day weekend. If you want to get an Altima, or any other Nissan for that matter, this month make sure to get it this weekend. There's no reason to miss out on an extra five hundred bucks :).

Car_man
    Host
    Yes it is golfplenty.

Car_man
    Host
  • sedrasedra Member Posts: 1
    Car_man - found this through Nissanusa.com web site
    can you verify this is NMAC sponsored offer?

2012 Altima 2.5S with Splash Guards and Mats Lease
    24 Months - 179 - $2,999 initial payment.
    Excludes taxes, title, license and $595 Acquisition Fee. $2,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $2,820 consumer down payment and $179 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $1,330 cash back applied to $179 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region.
    2012 Altima 2.5S with Splash Guards and Mats model 13112 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $23,810 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $19,026 does not include a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $4,296. At lease end, purchase for $14,762, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. Disposition fee due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 04/02/2012.
  • dcgatordcgator Member Posts: 10
    Hi CarMan,

Can you please tell me the current money factor and residuals for an Altima 2.5S sedan. I'm interested in the numbers for both a 24 and 36-month lease, with the least amount of miles per year (10,000?).

Also, if anyone recently leased a 2.5S sedan in the DC/Maryland area, please let me know the price you paid and tell me about your dealership experiences.

Thanks!
    Hi sedra. Anything that appears on Nissan's website is an official NMAC advertised lease.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out dcgator. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Altima 2.5S Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00037 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    Car_Man,

As soon as available can you tell me what the April money factor and residual will be for the 2012 Altima 2.5SL for a lease at 36 months/12,000 miles as well as 36 months/15,000 miiles. And similar info for a 39 month lease for both 12K and 15K

Thanks
  • zfoxzfox Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

Is $369 a good deal on the below altima--all loaded up. I'm getting 18K miles per year 39 months. First month plus motor vehicle fees upfront. I don't have all the specifics like residual, interest etc etc. I just want to know what you think on the monthly number.

2012 Altima, loaded 2.5S w/ SL, Tech, Conv, Conv+, Premium Audio, Spoiler, Splash Guards, Fog Lights, Floor/Trunk Mats, MSRP = 32,000
  • morgan5245morgan5245 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man. Could you please post April’s MF and residual for a 24-month lease for 2012 Altima Sedan S CVT– with 12,000 miles a year? -Thanks
  • billabongibillabongi Member Posts: 2
    For anybody that may know, when will the lease rates for the 2013 Altima be coming out? I'm considering preordering a fully loaded 3.5 SR for a lease and would love to estimate a payment.
  • derfsonderfson Member Posts: 14
    CAR___MAN: WHEN ARE NEW MF AND RESIDUALS GOING TO BE GIVEN FOR ALTIMA MODELS??? THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING ON THIS SITE SINCE APR 6TH.
    Hi morgan5245. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current 24-month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Altima Sedan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 73%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi billabongi. Nissan has introduced a lease program for the 2013 Altima, but it really is not providing anything in the way of support on it yet. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima Sedan V6 SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi derfson. What exactly are you looking for? Let me know the exact model, term and mileage allowance that you are interested in and I'll be happy to provide you with the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • custoscustos Member Posts: 3
    Hey Carman,
    I saw you post a bit earlier about the 2013 Nissan Altima lease rates, can you verify what the April numbers are for Sedan 3.5 SL w/ Technology package -- you indicated a very generous Residual, but the MF appeared to be 4.8% was a bit intense, is that accurate?

Also, my fiance recently leased a fully loaded 2012 Maxima SV, but the Dealership messed up some of the contract, called and lied to her about changes to a contract so we have an opportunity to return the car after 1 month. I was hoping you could provide the April lease rates for the 2012 Maxima SV (Fully loaded). Ultimately we will use a different dealer for everything, coming from a solid BMW dealership I can't believe what this Dealer did to her.

*Both rate requests are for 36 or 39 month leases at 15k miles*
  • alyfoytalyfoyt Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man, Do you have Aprils Money Factor and Residual value for a Coupe for 36 (or 39) months? ...IS 12k the minimum miles. If I ask for a 10k a year do you know what kind of break I can get?
    thanks! :blush:
  • etb44etb44 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, car man I am looking to lease a 2012 Nissan Altima S with convenience package, what are the current residual value and money factor numbers for a 39mo/12k lease? Also I seen they are doing $500 bonus cash until the end of may, what other incentives are there in total if I am a current nissan lessee? Thank you for your help.
    Hi etb44. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Altima S Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00059 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You're correct about the $500 Memorial Day bonus offer. On top of that Nissan is providing a solid $1,810 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • etb44etb44 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I did end up contacting a dealer in my area and they gave me the money factor. I ended up getting out of my cube lease 25 months early and into an 2012 Ocean Gray Altima 2.5S with convenience package.
    MSRP-$25170
    39 months/12k yr
    $0 down just 1st payment and $199 doc fee
    $255 a month that includes the 7% sales tax
  • nooch3nooch3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Looking to lease a Altima Coupe..2.5S with $28,500 MSRP which includes Convenience and Premier Package. 39 month/12k miles.. Have a price of $295/mtg with $1200 down which includes tax/gap.Are the $500 Memorial Day and $1850 incentives applied to sedan or coupe..both.

Is the price above a good one or hold out for less cost??

Need to make my decision by tomorrow so any help would be appreciated!

Thx!

NOOCH
  • daminovdaminov Member Posts: 1
    I was thinking of leasing the 2012 Altima 2.5s with the convenience package. The best offer I've received so far has been very close to that described by etb44 just a couple of posts ago.

However, I'm now wondering whether I should wait for the 2013 coming out next month, which a) looks somewhat better to me, b) has a few extra gadgets, and c) supposedly has exceptionally comfortable seats, which will hopefully be great for my back pain.

My question is: MSRPs being equal, what will be the likely difference between lease prices next month on a 2012 Altima vs. a 2013? If I can expect to get the 2013 2.5 SV (which is similar to a 2012 2.5 S with the convenience package, in both features and MSRP) for close to the same offer that I just got on the 2012 (i.e., $250 / month with $400 down, taxes/fees included), I think I'll wait for the 2013.

Thanks in advance.
  • derfson1derfson1 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2012
    YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET THE 2012 . YOU ARE PROBABLY GETTING MORE DISCOUNTS OFF THE 2012 THAN YOU WILL BE GETTING OFF THE 2013. USUALLY WHEN A NEW REVISED MODEL COMES OUT THEY DON'T START REAL DISCOUNTS ON IT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. THIS IS WHAT THE DEALERSHIP I WORKED FOR WOULD DO ON NEW MODELS. THEY HAVE BEEN MAKING A BIG DEAL OF THE 2013 MODEL. DON'T COUNT ON GETTING AN ANSWER FROM A SALESMAN.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Member Posts: 8
    Hey Car_Man,

When can't we have a section in the forum just for the money factor and res. value for all trim, period and mileage? I believe it will help us a lot while not asking you every single time.

THANKS!!
  • derfsonderfson Member Posts: 14
    I HEAR YOU MY GOOD MAN. HAVE WONDERED WHY BUT NEVER ASKED. BEGINNING OF EVERY MONTH JUST PUT IN THE LEASE INFO ONE TIME OR ONCE MORE IN MIDDLE OF MONTH. WOULD TAKE CARE OF A LOT OF QUESTIONS.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I made a deal yesterday with one of the nissan dealer in Queens new york city.

List price: $24770
    Residual: $12932.7

39 months, 15K miles

2.5S 20th Anniversary edition Navy blue ext. Charcoal int.
    Carpet floor and trunk mat
    Splash guard
    1 year maintenance
    Wheel rim cap lock

Monthly payment included tax: $226 included tax
    Total due at signing: $200+$595+300 = $1095

I didn't ask the final selling price. Based on my reversed calculation it comes to around $20300, which I believe is a decent deal.

And this deal include the Memorial day weekend $1810+$500=$2310 cash rebate

Thanks.
  • jrpj16jrpj16 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help? Ore ordered a 13 2.5 SL with tech package and spoiler. Anyone know what lease will be? Also when they are coming in? Thanks!
  • ca555ca555 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_Man... I have essentially the same question as jrpj16. Do you have the June residual and MF for the 2013 Altima 2.5 SL? 36 mo/12K Thanks!
    Hi ca555. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima Sedan 2.5 SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.