Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• buffalo78buffalo78 Member Posts: 36
    Wondered if anyone knew the lease numbers for a 3.5SL with Tech pkg (if that mattered), 39 mos, 15K (possibly 18K). I'm in New York.

Thank you!
  • theripper1theripper1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 2.5 SV with convenience pkg. MSRP 26.700 Lease payment $320 including tax 0 money down. First payment made by the dealer. Seems that the money factor went up for march lease program. To find what is your corresponding interest rate just multiply your money factor by 2400.
  • nsolisnsolis Member Posts: 17
    Just finished my new lease deal at AutoFair Nissan in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has a 6.25% tax rate.

Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, Black/Black; everything included except Tech Package. (No need for NAV in 2013 and the presence of smart phones/personal GPS devices; the 3 other parts of the NAV package seemed excessive.)

PRICE OF CAR

MSRP - $31,475
    Selling Price - $28,000
    Acquisition Fee and Doc Fee - $595 + $372 = $967
    Rebates - $500 Loyalty and $375 Leasing Altima = ($875)
    Total Cap Cost - $28,092

FINANCE NUMBERS

Money Factor - .00073
    15K Miles Per Year/Residual of 60% of MSRP - $18,885

MONEY PAID AT DEALER AT CLOSING

First Months Payment/Title Fee/Registration Fee/Minimal Cap Cost Reduction and Associated Tax to get my payment to an even $301 = ($301/$50/$75/$236.22 and $14.76) = $677

$283.30 + $17.70 = $301/month.

Moreover, I turned in my 2010 Nissan 2.5 SL lease and per usual with Nissan, they waived my wear and tear charges of $380. (They waive up to $500 if you buy/lease another Nissan).

How'd I do Car_man?
  • nsolisnsolis Member Posts: 17
    It's hard to know newgirl12345 without knowing the MSRP and Negotiated Selling Price of the vehicle. Moreover, I've never found it to be a good idea to put a huge amount of money down on a lease; just my opinion, but I know it's shared by others.
  • brcarbrcar Member Posts: 54
    Received this offer today in NJ. This was the first Nissan dealership I have gone to and told them that I was looking at other makes/models, to make a competitive offer, that I know how to calculate a lease and not to show me any quotes with the sale price anywhere near MSRP.

Tried to get them to itemize all of the fees which turned out to be quite difficult and the numbers don't seem to exactly match what was posted here.

Altima 2.5S

MSRP: 23,850
    Sale Price: 21,200 (including delivery) - They claimed this was $700 off their cost.

MF: .00073

Here is what was throwing me off
    Residual: 61% - Saw this as 60% here (not that i'm complaining)

$14,704 was hand written as the "buy out" I assume residual value, but I don't see how they arrived at that using either 61% or 60%.

$249 Doc Fees
    $595 Acquisition
    $330 Title, Tags (4 years registration)

For a truly no money down (they pay first payment) including 7% tax:

$269 x 35 remaining payments

No mention was made of the $375 cash incentive.

Using the leaseguide calculator and the stated 61% residual I get a payment including 7% tax of $262.34 (this is essentially the same as 35 payments of $269 that they quoted.

If they were to include the $375 lease cash I've seen advertised I get $251 X 36 months

Using the "buy out" number quoted (w/ no incentive) I get a payment of $257 (36 months). With the cash incentive I arrive at: $245.52 (36 months)

After the information overload, I guess my question is what does everyone think? Is this a fair value for this model? What quotes are others getting for a 2.5S?

Any input appreciated.
  • aaachaaach Member Posts: 5
    Altima 2.5 SV with Mats, Splash Guards, and External Ground Lighting
    MSRP $25,840
    42 mo
    10K mi/year
    Including PA taxes 6%
    Nothing down
    Doc fees about $85
    $450 return fee unless repeat lease
    $500 allowance for return damage
    PA registration and plates $220 extra

$265 / mo

Is this a good deal? Thanks.
  • jknast1jknast1 Member Posts: 1
    This deal is pretty good, but I think they can do a little better.

I am picking up an Altima SV with conv package, splash guards, mats, external ground lighting on Friday for $269 per month.

This is for 36 months, 12k per year. The only payment on Friday will be the first month's payment ($269). I live in NJ which has a sales tax of 7%.
  • mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Ask about st. pat's day bonus cash
  • flaggrad00flaggrad00 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please share your residual and money factor? I think i am pretty locked in on the MF at .00073, but i not sure if 12K a year is 60% or 62% for a SV.

Thanks
  • brcarbrcar Member Posts: 54
    What dealership is this?
  • scott182544scott182544 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man , am I crazy for this offer ?
    Here is what I offered.
    MSRP 31195 added spoiler and tint offering 400.00 as adder to MSRP 30795
    Offered 27452
    Fee's added 745. / 595 and 150 for doc
    I want the rebates as down payment 500 loyalty , 500 St. Pat's
    cap cost 27197
    57% residual
    .00073 money factor
    3 year 15 k miles per year
    7.55% tax
    Car note 294.39
    Tax 22.23
    total per month 316.62
    Am I crazy for asking for this deal ? As others have said BE STUBBORN . We still have 2 payments to go , so I have time
  • aaachaaach Member Posts: 5
    $265 was at Kings Nissan
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mdspinner. If you qualify for NMAC's top credit tier the buy rate lease money factor for all 2013 Altima Sedans should be .00073 this month. If the dealer is trying to charge you anything higher than that they are likely attempting to mark your car's money factor up to bake additional hidden profit into your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi nsolis. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima Sedan 3.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rehab702. I believe that the lease cash is only available in the Midwest and Eastern portions of the U.S., not Nevada.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello buffalo78. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't think that Nissan is providing support on 39-month leases of this car right now.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Nissan is providing a $375 cash incentive on leases of '13 Altima Sedans in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi scott182544. The selling price that you mentioned looks a little aggressive to me. I think that a price of dealer invoice minus any cash incentives plus a couple hundred dollars is a more realistic price.

Car_man
    Host
  • buffalo78buffalo78 Member Posts: 36
    Car_man,
    Thank you for the helpful information.
  • scott182544scott182544 Member Posts: 2
    Final number ended up being 313.18 car loan and tax 24.90 . total payment 338.08 per month . .Sales tax my area went up to 7.95 2013. My bad... Dealerships started at 385 , then 366 , 354 , final 338.
    Contacted 4 Nissan dealerships and they competed against each other . Came down to the 2 highest volumn dealers in St. Louis . Fair deal ?
  • dirt4444dirt4444 Member Posts: 1
    36 month lease

15,000 miles

Msrp 26,930

Selling price 24,369

MF .00073

$1,000 at inception which includes 1st payment, doc and MV fees

Asking $289/ month ( which includes tax)

Is this a fair price? A couple of calculators have it around $245.
  • charmaxcharmax Member Posts: 3
    Carman,

I am trying to figure out the best option on a lease for a 2013 Altima 2.5 SL or 3.5 SL. I've tried to figure out the most current money factor and residuals looking at past posts, but have been unsuccessful. Would you provide the both for both the 2.5 SL and 3.5 SL with 12k and 15k miles over 36 months? Also curious if there are any current lease incentives, I'm in Illinois.

Much appreciated!
    Mike
  • mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Interestingly enough, when its all said and done the 3.5 leases for almost exactly the same amount as the 2.5 even though it has a higher msrp due to the better residual.
  • ccguyccguy Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Carman,

i have an offer for a 24 month lease on a 2013 Altima S $185/ month+ Tax (199 Total). $1000 Down

MSRP : $23925
    Price : $20495
    Months : 24

Miles : 12,000/yr
    Residual : $16508.25 (69%)
    Rate : .00073

$185/ month + Tax for 23 months ($199 Total with tax). $1000 down (1000 down includes first month, TTL)

i see a few posters being offered 245/ month with 0 down on an SV for 36 months.

Carman, can you please tell me i am i getting a decent deal?

thanks.
  • newguy24newguy24 Member Posts: 1
    Hey CCguy I was curious where you live and where you received this offer from?
  • ccguyccguy Member Posts: 5
    hi Newguy24,

I live in Southern California. I got this offer from SurfcityNissan. I got the car home Wednesday.
    You're very welcome buffalo78.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly Mike. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima 2.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00073 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Altima 3.5 SL are .00073 and 60%.

I believe that the residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year through NMAC are still 1% higher.

Nissan is providing a $375 cash incentive on leases of this car in certain areas. This cash is probably available in Illinois.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks!
  • rehab702rehab702 Member Posts: 14
    Finalized the deal on my wife's Altima

Details:
    Altima SV
    Convenience Package
    Navigation
    Floor Mats
    MSRP: $27,375

Lease:
    36 mo / 12k miles
    Selling Price: 24,648.00
    Acquisition Fee: 595.00
    1st payment and title charges rolled into lease: 399.89
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $25,642.89

Residual = 60%
    Money Factor: 0.00073
    Money Down = $0

Payment = $286.76 + 23.23 tax = $309.99

This deal was done using the College Grad program.
  • zontozonto Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    After requesting quotes from Internet sales managers and pitting them against each other as per the Edmunds.com new car buying guide, my wife and I signed for the following deal yesterday. We focused on getting the lowest payment we could, factoring in trade-in value of our 2002 VW and the portion of our tax return we dedicated for securing a new car while I still finish grad school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Dealer: Commonwealth Nissan in Lawrence, MA
    MA Sales Tax: 6.25%

Car Details: 2013 Altima 2.5 SL with moonroof and mats
    MSRP: $29,435
    Edmunds.com TMV: $27,046
    Invoice according to Edmunds.com: $26,956
    Negotiated Price: $25,379 (including $790 destination fee)

Cap Cost Reductions:
    $600 for recent college grad (within two years)
    $375 Nissan lease cash
    $2,500 trade-in negotiated value (TMV $2,800)
    $2,000 down (our choice)

Other Fees/Costs:
    $595 acquisition fee
    $293 dealer doc fee
    $170 registration/safety sticker/etc.
    $290ish first month payment and sales tax on down payment rolled in
    $890 negotiated price from $1024 for Maintenance Plus
    - prepay all scheduled maintenance and unlimited tire repair
    - we have had horrible luck with nails/potholes and didn't want to have to worry about these costs until after I graduate

Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $21,139 ($25,639 without trade and down payment)

Lease Details:
    0.00073 money factor; set by Nissan for top two credit tiers
    36 month term
    12,000 mile annual limit
    $17,072 residual value calculated using 58% March figure from Nissan

Payment:
    $169.36 + $10.59 sales tax = $179.95
    Without maintenance and roadside prepay it was $152 total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Our finance guy was great and showed me the exact figures he was entering on his lease term sheet software as well as the packet of March money factors and residuals from Nissan. We achieved our goals of securing a good deal on a car we would want to own for 10 years, minimizing unplanned cost and uncertainty until I finish school, and plan on purchasing at the end of the lease term.

Don't forget the $750 Edmunds.com promotion for buying/leasing a 2013 Altima! Valid until 4/11/13.
    You're welcome charmax.

Car_man
    Host
    Do money factors and residuals typically change on a month to month basis? If so, would you know the April rates corresponding to my lease question above. You've been very helpful. Thanks!
  • bigbeard86bigbeard86 Member Posts: 6
    What kind of lease payment can i expect on a 3.5 sl with tech package, say, with about $1,000 down?
    Good question charmax. Some manufacturers do change their lease programs on nearly a monthly basis. Others keep them fairly consistent for a couple of months at a time. Nissan always publishes a new program every single month. Some times its money factors and residuals change and some times they don't. Not a very specific answer, but that's how they do it :).

The April numbers for the models that you are interested in are exactly the same as they were in March.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bigbeard86. Let me know what the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in are (you can look up that data here New Vehicle Pricing) and I'll be glad to use Nissan's current lease program to work up a payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    We have leased two Nissan Maximas and these forums have been very valuable as far as what to pay, what to be aware of, etc.

We are considering an Altima next time around..but...looking at the lease prices for a 3.5 SV, it appears that the Maxima can be leased for the same amount or less due to higher incentives. Is that a correct observation, CarMan? Thanks.
    Hey gs42. I'm glad that you've found the forums so helpful in the past. Let's keep it going.

The last time I helped a friend lease a Nissan we found that the payment for an Altima and a Maxima were actually so close that it didn't make sense to go with an Altima V6. Of course the programs changed from month to month and that was a while ago.

If you provide me with the MSRPs and selling prices, or at least the MSRPs and dealer invoice prices (you can find that info here) of the cars you are considering I can use Nissan's actual lease program to work up payments on them for you so we can see just how much of a difference there is.

Car_man
    Host
  • dereka3dereka3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm glad I ran into this forum on a random search. I am thinking about leasing an Altima 3.5 SV with a MSRP of $29,555. It is through the College Grad Program, and the MSRP is down to $27,066. My credit is good, well over 700.

The deal they offered is no money down (I also have no trade-in) and payments of $328 WITH the care maintenance package. I was glad to get 3 yrs. / 15k miles per. Also, randomly got a paid first month (not deferred but paid) and tinted windows. Thanks for advice on the Altima! Secondly, is there any possibility to get a similar lease for a new Maxima too? In actuality I could afford up to $475 / mo. if it was an option currently. Thanks again.
  • usmctblzrusmctblzr Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man, I was looking to Lease a 2.5 SL. MSRP is $28,400 with an invoice of $25,959, being offered at $24,659. How much is the monthly payment I would be looking at with $0 down? Credit is high 700's. Thank you!
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    Thank you for the reply. It will be next year before the term is up on the current lease...just peeking ahead. We took advantage of the loyalty cash and pull ahead program the last time we leased. Hoping that is in play next year also.
  • commofficercommofficer Member Posts: 50
    Okay I feel like I never do these things right and somehow end up paying more than I should. Having been on these forums for a while I thought I'd ask for some input.

We are looking at leasing a 2013 Altima SV 2.5
    The numbers I am getting are:
    Vehicle price: I don't know this
    Down payment; $2499
    Monthly payment; $229.85 x 36 months
    12K/year
    $15,591 final buy out price at the end.

Does this seem reasonable? Our credit scores are above 775 for what that's worth.
    My own calculation show a total cost of $26,364.60 for a car that invoices at $23,379. Seems a little high which is why I am asking.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    CommOfficer
  • ab0785ab0785 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to pick up a new Altima - the lease on my current Altima matures in August (2010 2.5 w/convenience +tech).

Dealer gave me a price for a 2.5SL $315/mo, $0down + taxes.
    36 or 39mo 12kmiles/year
    This includes 500 loyalty, 500 nmac, 375 nmac.
    Disposition fee waived, 500 damage allowance, bank fee/acquisition waived.
    All remaining payments on current vehicle are waived.
    Only DMV fees and first month at signing.

Also will be able to take advantage of additional $500 for college grad program.
    And he stated for navi/tech package it will be about another $15/month.

Altogether, including the college grad cash my calculations come out to be $300/mo w/out tech and $315 w/tech plus taxes.

This quote he gave me at the end of March - I told him I'll wait since I had time- dealer called me back in April and said that he could beat that price by another $10 for the month of April.

My hesitance is whether or not to wait until May where Memorial day may offer an extra incentive. Their current incentives (500+500+375) are set to expire in April, and although they usually do renew these incentives, there's no guarantee - do I go ahead and aim to get it this month or take the risk and wait to see what May has to offer?? I do have time on my side, but I'm not looking to push this much further.

If necessary - the numbers he had were:
    57% residual
    .00073 MF
    Negotiated cost 27816-1375.

(Off topic, but he was also offering 3.5SL for $332/mo $0down, same deal)

Thanks!
  • alexorlandoalexorlando Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_Man!

Just leased a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL yesterday. :) Tell me how I did!

Options include:
    Technology Package
    Rear Spoiler
    External Ground Lighting
    Carpet Floor & Trunk Mats
    Splash Guards

MSRP $33,425.00
    Invoice $30,754.00

Final Cap Cost: $29229.87, which includes the following:

-Negotiated Price (Not sure what this ended up being because they switched to "Out The Door" figures after I got frustrated with some of the clouding of the figures.)
    -Dealer Fee $689
    -Tag/Other Fees

Money Factor: 0.00073
    Residual Value: 60%

Bottom Line:

36 months/15,000 miles per year
    $348.64 per month with ONLY 1st payment due at signing.

You've been a great help behind the scenes on multiple car threads as I shopped around!

Thanks,

Alex
  • dt12181984dt12181984 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Hey Carman!

I just leased a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL Edition. Here is the breakdown:

Car trade in (valued around $3,000)
    298 per month, 36 months, 12k per year
    0 money down, no 1st month payment, no fees to pay
    Wheel Locks included

Did I get a good, decent, or bad deal? The car I traded in wasn't in great shape.
    PLMK.

Thanks.
    Dan
    Hi usmctblzr. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL that has an MSRP of $28,400 and a selling price of $24,659 (which is great BTW) through NMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $266 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi commofficer. Make sure you find out the exact selling price that you are being charged for the car that you want before agreeing to lease it. In an area that has a decent level of competition, you would be able to lease a Nissan Altima at pretty close to dealer invoice.

I see that you are considering making a $2,500 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. Consumers who put a lot of money down on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Alex. The money factor and selling price for this car look excellent. In my opinion you definitely got a good deal on this car. Enjoy your new ride :).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Dan. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price is? That would make it easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • dt12181984dt12181984 Member Posts: 3
    The price was $27,500 after all incentives.

I didnt pay for anything- no taxes, no registration, etc. Didnt lay out a single penny.

Only gave them $3,000 trade-in, Lease 12k miles/36 months, $298 per month

How did I do?
  • pstone05pstone05 Member Posts: 1
    I've been following the forum for a while and I'm finally ready to go out and get a new Altima. I'm looking at a 3.5SL with Tech Package. Just curious if anyone has what the May money factors and residuals are for 24 and 36 month leases.

The best initial offer I had for a 36 month lease in April was:
    -Net cap cost is $31095 ($30500 cap cost, $595 acquisition fee)
    -Residual is $19905
    -Money factor is .00073
    -MSRP is $33175

Fees due at the beginning are:
    $1314 due ($379 - first payment, $535 - first year license plates, $400 - doc fee)

Much appreciated,
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.