Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• rj44rj44 Member Posts: 8
    The Infiniti example you used was only a 10,000 mi/yr lease. I doubt you will be getting this lease with 0 down and 15,000 mi/yr lease at the price they have quoted for the low mileage lease.

But if you did please post. ;)
  • steen013altimasteen013altima Member Posts: 34
    2.5S msrp 24105, price to buy (or figure on a lease) 19641 (thats 81.48%)

only two extras are carpeted mats inside and trunk and remote starter.

anyone , anywhere get a better deal.

if ,YES, whats the msrp and sales price and dealer name and state (web site if you have it)

or

2.5SV msrp 24435 and selling price of 20937 (85.68% of msrp)
    w/ car mats in/out/trunk

anyone anywhere know of a better deal...
  • samalisamali Member Posts: 12
    ????
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    edited June 2013
    MSRP $31350
    Selling price $27718
    $2399 initial payment
    36 payments of $278 per month
    36000 miles included.

So, if I rolled the $2399 initial payment into the lease, the payments would be around $344 plus CA sales tax?
    Is the deal as listed in their advertised special a great deal or should I be able to do much better with negotiation?

• tikibartonytikibartony Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    just leased a 2013 Altima sl loaded was 30,735.msrp 36 months 12,000 miles $629 down for 1st payment of $329.00 and registration fee of $300.00 .gross capitalized cost $27,265 adjusted cap cost is $28,454 the residual value is $17,826 depreciation $10,627 rent charge is $1,216 . total payments is $11,844 how did I do.my credit score is 850
    you say you can get a base around 19K...WHAT THE NAME OF THE DEALERSHIP (website too) thanks.

i know at fitzmall you can get a 2.5S for 19105, msrp of 24105, and its an S , so not the basic basic..and it has carpeted mats and remote start.

praytell, what dealer do you know of that does better.

this is the 3rd time Ive asked if anyone knows of a better price at a dealer anywhere in the USA (Im fortunate I can ship a car anywhere for v.little)

so far NO ONE has been able to provide a specific dealer with a better price.

I HOPE THIS 3RD TIME IS THE CHARM...

so anyone know of a better deal than what I posted.
  • amgslsamgsls Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hey carman, I got a lease offer for Altima 2.5SV with Navigation and Convenience packages of 300/mo for 36 mo and 12k mi/yr. Nothing down, they said tax credit was used. Sticker was 27770. Is this a good deal or can I do better?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    edited July 2013
    The S model does not have remote start. You may have confused remote start with push button start or you have confused S with SV.
  • dls56dls56 Member Posts: 3
    hey amqsls, when you said nothing down, were there fees? or taxes? and what do you mean tax credit- from the IRS? I just put a deposit on an altima 2.5sv with convenience pack for 199./mo and just taxes and fees- no other money down. I am in New York- Where are you? Should I go thru with my deal? Your input would be helpful. Thanks
    hi car man,
    this is my first return lease so I am nervous. I negotiated and put a deposit on a 2013 altima sv with conven. pack.( car is about 27.000 or so) for 199. a month, and no money down, but will pay taxes and fees, for 36 months. I haven't signed yet because the car is not ready. I know the monthly payment is good, but are fees set- or can the dealer make up what he pleases, thereby charging me whatever he likes?Should I re-negotiate to eliminate more? I'm not sure how much more they will do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,dls
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi dls56. Do you know this car's selling price? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knowing this number will make it much easier to evaluate your deal. Also where are you located. Nissan has special regional incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks for the help. I believe the car is 27,000 or within a few hundred dollars of that. I am in Long Island, New York.
  • rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91
    Hi Car_Man,
    Can you give me the July MF and residual for the Altima 3.5 SL sedan w/ Tech Pkg. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. Thanks.
    Carman can you please look into my deal? I haven't gotten any replies and I need to know if I was ripped off or not. The 200 $ deal dls56 blows my deal apart, aside from the higher selling price. Again I'm posting my deal below, and if any other info is needed I will provide it.

Here are the numbers!:
    Sticker Price:$24,460 MSRP) ---after dest charges = $25,860
    Agreed upon Value of Vehicle:$21,790+$595 acquisition fee
    Gross Capitalized Cost=$22,385

Downpayment (cash)= $500
    Trade in= $600 (old 96 accord w/ over 250k miles and unable to pass smog)
    Rebates and non cash creds=$375
    SUM TOTAL=$1,475 due at lease signing

Residual Vale=$15,092.20 or 59%.
    Total Monthly Payment (includes tax)=$225.73
    (--Bumping up to 15k miles a year brought up total monthly payment from $217 orig)

Could it have gotten better? The dealer said he was basically 'givin it away' as the last day of the month-

Also free car washes (don't know how long this will hold up) for duration of lease
    You're welcome dls56. OK, so it's a selling price of $27,000 on a car with an MSRP of what? I'm trying to determine how much of a dealer discount you are being given. You should be able to get an Altima at pretty close to dealer invoice minus incentives. There's a special $375 cash incentive on leases of this car in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rlbjr2. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Altima Sedan 3.5 SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00028 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I think I forgot to ask Please? I would really appreciate your review of my deal back in April(or anyone for that matter) !
  • diddy85diddy85 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I just joined this forum today with the hopes of someone providing me with their feedback if I got ripped off or not.
    I just leased a 2013 altima 2.5 sl demo model with 6,000 miles on it for $360- a month.
    I put nothing down at all and they even bundled the taxes into the monthly payments.
    This was my first new car and I have perfect credit, defiantly 800+ credit score.
    Can someone provide with info as to how much lower I could have possibly gotten the vehicle for. The final negotiated price of the car was 26,500. Plus taxes....
    Thanks all in advance for the help, I'll really appreciate it...
    PS I live in staten Island ny and purchased car in nj
    What were the terms of the lease? # miles/yr. Was it the tech pkg? Just going by the sale price of $26,500, I think you got ripped off. That is the invoice price of a NEW 2.5 SL w/o tech pkg. Most people are getting below invoice. The problem is you bought a used car and paid a new car price. When you run the #'s, $360 a mo is pretty high for a 2.5 SL. Post your mi/yr and maybe carman can post the lease #'s so we can calculate your deal.
  • diddy85diddy85 Member Posts: 2
    Its a 36 month lease with with 12,000 miles a year.
    As far as tech package, I have no clue, I know it has the bose stereo and backup camera on the screen. No navigation though...
    Wow, this is giving me a huge headache
    The msrp on the car was 29,015$
    i see on line fitsmall 18641...all other figures fall into place if leasing for a super cheap lease.

this is the 3rd time asking, anyone have a better "BUY" or adjusted cap cost on a altima 'S'.

I am about ready to ship the car, my local dealer in fort lauderdale could not or would not match. with shipping I am still cheaper than what he was offering.

so anyone with better price.?
  • eleven03eleven03 Member Posts: 17
    Carman, does the residual and MF change on a 2.5 SL? (still 15k/yr, 36 mo lease). Also, on my last car,lease I was able to purchase an additional 9k miles up front for $900 (.10/mile), effectively upping my annual mileage to 18k/yr. does that have any effect on RV, or does the fact that I prepaid keep the RV the same?

Thanks
    This is my deal from end of April. I'd appreciate someone to evaluate whether this was a good deal or not.
    Sticker Price- 25,580$

Gross Capitalized Cost- $21,790
    Capitalized Cost Reduction-$801.21 (net trade in-$600 for 96 accord w/ 250k mileage, $375 Nissan rebate from dealer, $500cash-I know this was a dumb move on my part...)
    TTL (at delivery and includes 'doc proc fee') $439.2 I am in CA

Adjusted Cap Cost (used to calc base monthly payment) $21,583.79
    Residual Value $15,092.20
    Depreciation and any Amoritized Amounts $6491.52
    +RENT CHARGE (I THINK I GOT RIPPED OFF HERE!!!!) $963.72
    Total of Base Monthly payments= $7455.24 /36 months
    =Monthly payment $207.09
    +Monthly sales lease tax $ 18.64
    =Total Monthly payment $225.73

The dealer insisted I was "getting the best deal out there" for the SV brand. Maybe I should have just tried to get the best deal out there with the "S" base model. Is my money factor too high (Based on my rent charge?)? Could I have gotten away with this without dropping that 500 DP?Did this lease go wrong, or can I still benefit towards the end of the lease since it holds a good residual? When is the best and most cost saving time to do a lease swap (I am considering getting rid of this ride to find a cheaper one-)I wish I kept my trade in :(
  • swampdragonswampdragon Member Posts: 35
    samali-

So you put down $500 of your own money and $600 value of an accord!

Altima SV - 225.73 a month (which includes tax) - how about GAP?

15k miles - 36 months

that seems like a really good deal - is there anything that you are forgetting?

I am getting prices of 269 - 15k miles - tax and GAP included - with $1000 down on an S
    Yeah swamp-I'm not very happy about putting down my own money and trading in my vehicle. I made a compulsive decision fueled by timing and my old car not passing smog and regist. being up...I'm a bit confused,-you say I got a very good deal, but seem surprised by my DP and car trade in? Did I get both the good and bad happen here?

I don't have gap insurance. I don't see it anywhere in my paperwork. I'm also very concerned with my rental fee of $963.72

I think what I did forget to mention was the $595 CA acquisition fee which brings me total "gross capitalized cost" to $22,385.00.

If we look at my total amount due at lease signing it was 600tradein, 375Nissanrebate, 500cash for a total of "$1475" down payment, a slight step down from at the time, the Nissan advertised national lease deal of a $2000 downpayment, with 200$ per month on a Base model...not SV

The price range your getting quoted with 269 w/ 1k down sounds similar to deals I was getting for competitive dealers though on an SV model. I'd keep shopping around. I'm not sure how competitive it is with the GAP ins. being offered though...

In the end I'm thinking maybe I don't have the best lease deal , but perhaps it is one worth buying out at the end because of the decent residual or better yet getting an equity return on it. If I could swap it sooner that'd be better
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    The rent charge is just the finance portion of the lease payment....

Depreciation + finance = payment...

That rent charge is for all 36 months... so, just about $27/mo.. Given the parameters of your lease, an equivalent APR of around 2%.. you aren't getting ripped off...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• badfish25badfish25 Member Posts: 2
    I've been shopping around different dealers online all day, and think I got a decent deal, but would like some feedback.

3.5 SL with Tech, 15,000/yr 36 months.
    MSRP - 33,190
    Purchase Price - 28,495.55 after $500 rebate (is this for current Nissan owners like me, or just a general lease rebate on these?)
    Monthly Payment including 6.5% tax is $300

However, Due at Signing would be $1,969
    Including such Junk as:
    $55 Private Tag Fee
    $599 Dealer Fee
    $180 Registration
    $2 Lemon Law
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $66.50 Tire/Battery/rental
    $300 1st payment
    $171.04 sales tax (on fees)

If I have them roll in $1000 of those fees into the purchase price, I come up with a ~$327/mo payment.
    Anyone find anything better out there?

I'd have to drive to a dealership about 2 hours from me :(

Thanks!
    That is a pretty good deal. You are paying $1,500 below invoice not taking into account the $500 rebate. Edmunds also lists a $375 Leasing Bonus Cash rebate as well. I am looking to lease the exact same vehicle with the same lease terms as you. What state are you in? Was the car on the lot? How did you get them to agree to that price?
  • badfish25badfish25 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Central Florida. Got the deal just by emailing the internet depts. of every dealer one by one in order of how close they were to me. Telling them exactly what I wanted and wanted to pay. Eventually found a dealer somewhat far away that gave me the offer right up front vs. many of the others that would simply say, "come in and we'll talk"
    How did you come up with that price($1,500 below invoice) you wanted to pay?
  • ehabermannehabermann Member Posts: 11
    i am lookign to lease a new altama as i want to get rid of my maxima which lease ends november i am paying 369 a month all except navagation. i put nothing down just first months and dnv. it has bose radio ect. what i want is the same package in the altama except now i may want to get navagation and not a v6 what would my best lease payments be now on this car. 12k a year plus a 3 year lease.
  • r1ggamort1sr1ggamort1s Member Posts: 1
    So I'm relatively indecisive with this. I have never leased. I have always purchased but it seems leases are getting better and seem to be the way to go.

We worked out a deal of 239.00 a month with a 3000k trade in of an 03 Honda Pilot and no additional money down.

Its a 3yr/36k The MSRP is 31,800 and the sale price was 29,700.

Not 100% sure on all the other number except the Residual being like 18k

Thanks for any feedback.

Is this a good deal??
    Hi Car_Man,
    Can you give me the August MF and residual for the Altima 3.5 SL sedan w/ Tech Pkg. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. Thanks.

Also, sorry to post this here but the Kia forum is pretty inactive and I cant find this info anywhere else. Can you give me the August MF and residual for both the Optima SX w/ Tech Pkg/Prem Touring Pkg and the Optima SX Limited. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. I will also post this in the Kia forum. Thanks.
    Leased a new altama 2.5 sL with tech package no money down just first months with leather Bose
    Radio navigation taxes included 12 k a year 320 a month 36 months is this good
  • wickedny5wickedny5 Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like a good deal, where are you located? For the same car I was offered 340 a month with 600 down payment.
    Long Island New York all I put down was first months and DMV taxes in payment
  • ricovanianricovanian Member Posts: 14
    i am on Long Island- what dealership?
  • wickedny5wickedny5 Member Posts: 2
    Im also in Long Island!! What dealership? I'll stop by tomorrow if I could get such deal!
    syosett
    Does anyone have the August MF and residual for the Altima 3.5 SL sedan w/ Tech Pkg. 15,000 miles/yr and 36 mo. Top tier credit. Thanks.
    2013 Altima 3.5 SL sedan
    36mo, 15K mi/yr

MF = .00055

Residual = 58%

I'm sorry, but I don't have any information on whether the Tech package affects residual.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    kyfdx,

Could you provide the August money factor and residual for a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL 36 months / 3 Years for good ole' Rhode Island? If you know Sept already, I'll take that as well in case I don't close a deal before then.

I am cross shopping the Mazda6, Altima, and Kia Optima (I will also post the mf and dep. request in the Optima forum). Thanks!
    The August lease #'s are in the previous post by kyfdx. For an Optima SX w/ Tech and Prem Tour Pkgs, the Residual is 55% and the MF is 0.00115 for 36 mo and 15K mi/yr. I know because I just leased one.
    Check post# 1983.

If you want the 12K/yr residual, I think that Nissan adds 1% for that (but, I'm not positive)...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• doeordiedoeordie Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx,

Could you please provide me with the MF and residual for a 2013 Altima 2.5 SL lease at 36 months and 15k/year, please? Thanks a lot.
    .00055 and 56%

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steve7515steve7515 Member Posts: 12
    I just noticed this forum...great wealth of info!

To any of the ones in the know...I'm looking to lease a 2013 Altima 2.5 SV or SL. 36 months, 12K/year. Have the MF and residuals changed since Aug, or still 0.00055 and 56%? Excellent credit. Also, are 2014 numbers different? I would guess so but am new to leasing. Thining of the 2013 as I'm sure I can get a better cap cost on that.

THANKS!!!

Steve
    .00059 and 57% on the 2013

.00142 and 60% on the 2014

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steve7515steve7515 Member Posts: 12
    kyfdx....THANKS for the quick reply! Will be great to have those numbers handy when I talks to some dealers this week.
  • noahk84noahk84 Member Posts: 1
    kyfdx,

I'm looking for the MF and Residual for both the 2013 and 2014 Altima 2.5 SL w/ tech package. I know you posted Septembers rates already, but not sure if the tech package changes that. Thanks in adavance!
This discussion has been closed.