Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey Tom. You should be able to work fees like your vehicle's lease acquisition fee, or any required state taxes or charges like registration into your vehicle's lease payment by adding them to its capitalized cost if you want to.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings famugrad. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you my opinion on the deal that you were quoted if you would provide me with this car's MSRP. This number will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given and to estimate what its lease payment should be using Nissan's actual lease program. I also need you to tell me how long this lease is for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, I should have scrolled ahead before I asked you for the MSRP. Thanks for the additional information, famugrad. OK, let's work up a lease payment on this car using Nissan's actual December lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with an MSRP of $27,185 and a selling price of $25,119 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $304. If the lease payment that you were quoted includes tax, then it is fairly close to this. The selling price that you were quoted looks good to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • b22squaredb22squared Member Posts: 6
    Hi Carman,

I think you may have missed my post re: 2006 Altima 2.5 w/ SE pkg (user:b22squared). I plan on purchasing this car within the next week or so. Thanks in advance for your time and insights!

Brandon
    Hello b22squared. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S with an MSRP of $22,115 and a capitalized cost of $22,250 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $296. I used a money factor of 0.00078 and a residual value of 57% to arrive at this payment. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be around $285 (0.0009 factor / 56% residual). Please note that you may not have to pay sales tax on the full price of your car, some states only charge tax on the depreciation portion of leases. If this is how its done in your area, your payment would be less. The $1,250 customer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with this lease program but the $500 college grad incentive might me.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, shepali. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE through NMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00093 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00093 and 55%.

If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL through NMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00078 and 67%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00078 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jagm96jagm96 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Mr. Carman:

Is it better to lease now with the current special offer that Nissan has or is it better to wait and see what offers come in the beginning of the year? I have been told end of year is best time to purchase or lease. Is this true? By the way Happy New Year. My personal issue is that the current lease off is for 12,000 miles and I would like it to be 15,000. Do not know how much cost would increase. I live in Southern NJ near Woodbury. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
    John
  • pfjepfje Member Posts: 25
    Car_Man,

Happy New Year! Thanks for the help you provide us with.
    I would like to know the residuals and money factor for a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5s and 3.5SE. I am interested in leasing either one for 24 months and 12-15,000 miles/year.

I have negotiated the following prices:
    2.5S - MSRP: 22,145 and cap cost: 20,500
    3.5SE - MSRP: 25,845 and cap cost: 24,500.

I would appreciate it if you could work up approximate numbers for both vehicle. I would prefer to put very little or no money down. Thank you so much.
    Hi John. Well, it's already after the new year. I don't know if you have already leased the Altima that you were interested in, but if not you don't have much to worry about because its new January lease program should result in a similar lease payment to its December lease program. Its residual values for this model are a little lower in January, but Nissan introduced a $500 lease cash incentive to make up for that.

Don't worry about switching from 12,000 miles per year to 15,000 miles per year. All banks allow 15,000 mile per year leases. Your payment for a 15k lease would be a few bucks more per month. The exact amount depends upon the price of the car that you are getting. When one switches a NMAC lease from 12,000 miles per year to 15,000 miles per year, its residual value drops 1%.

Car_man
    Host
    Happy New Year to you as well, pfje. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S through NMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00088 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 Altima 3.5 SE should be .00103 and 64%. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher. When negotiating your lease on either of these cars, keep in mind that Nissan is providing $500 lease cash on the '06 Altima this month. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Let's work up some lease payments for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with an MSRP of $22,145 and a capitalized cost of $20,500 for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $285. With 12,000 miles per year, the payment for this car would drop to around $277. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5SE with an MSRP of $25,845 and cap cost of $24,500 for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be much higher at around $374. With 12,000 miles per year it would drop to around $364.

Car_man
    Host
  • rws0131rws0131 Member Posts: 27
    Car_Man,

The one dealer told me the residual was 1% lower for the Altima 2.5 SL. Is this true?
    Yes, rws0131, the '06 Altima 2.5 SL's residual values are 1% lower than the '06 Altima 2.5 S's residual values are.

Car_man
    Host
  • b22squaredb22squared Member Posts: 6
    Carman, thanks so much for all the quotes and information. Thanks to you, I think I got a pretty sweet deal on my new car. I actually purchased it on the last day of 2005...

2006 Altima 2.5S
    - special ed pkg ($450), alloy wheels ($400), protection pkg($90), mats ($160), splash guards (don't have price handy, about $130 I think)
    - smoke gray w/ charcoal interior, automatic transmission
    - MSRP approx 21,800

39 mth lease/15k per year/.0009 money factor/56%res value
    1,000 down ($520 as cap cost reduction)/cap cost=20,353 (value of veh: 19,803 + 550 acq fee)

total monthly payment=$239.51 (inc/ 7% FL tax). I actually had another dealer willing to go down to $237, but I was tired of dealing w/ them. Love the new car so far.

I thought posting these numbers might help someone in their negotiations and research. Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • pfjepfje Member Posts: 25
    Car_man,

I am continuing my negotiations and I have received the following lease offer on an 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5SE (24 months/15,000 per year):

MSRP: $25,820
    Cap cost: $22,576

The dealer quoted me a price of 368.50 per month pre-tax with $554.08 down payment (I'm not sure what the down payment entails).

How does this compare with your figures? Thanks for your assistance.
  • mywavemywave Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man & kyfdx-Can you tell me the residuals and MF for an 06 Altima SL on both a24 and 36 month terms?
    You're welcome, b22squared. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. It looks like you got a good deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pfje. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00099 and 64%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $25,820, and a selling price of $22,576, I estimate that this car should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $291. As you can see, the payment that you were quoted is definitely too high, especially if you are being asked to make any capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, mywave. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL through NMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00084 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00084 and 54%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 lease cash that Nissan is currently providing on it into account. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • rayrayrayrayrayray Member Posts: 1
    Just about to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE with an MSRP of 30,069.00. The terms are $2499.00 down, $296 per month for 39 months. 15 thousand miles per year. Do you think this is a good deal. I'm new to this site. Thanks

RayRayRay
  • pitc2pitc2 Member Posts: 1
    Any updates to the lease terms this month. I got a quote on an '06 3.5 SE (msrp 30,045)of $341/mo (ex tax). This was based on a cap cost of $28219 and a 56% residual for 39 mos w/ 12k miles/yr. The residual looks the same as last month but the money factor looks to be up rather significantly.
  • tmacasektmacasek Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    I recently decided to get rid of my Trailblazer and go with an Altima. I was wondering if you could help me estimate my payments. I'm looking at a 2.5SL with an MSRP of $26715 and a TMV of $25449. I'm looking for a 36-39 month lease with 12-15000 miles per year. I'm not sure if I should trade in my car, but I need my payments to be around $250 a month. I just want to be prepared before I go into the dealership. Thanks for your help!
    Welcome RayRayRay. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now, one thing that I can tell you is that you shouldn't make a $2,500 down payment on it. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your Altima would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $2,500 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey pitc2. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00111 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tmacasek. Let's estimate this car's lease payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with an MSRP of $26,715 and a selling price of $25,449 through NMAC right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $333. The payment for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be around $326. This car's 39 month payments would be $321 with 15,000 miles per year and $315 with 12,000. Having said this, I am sure that you can do better than the TMV price that is listed here at Edmunds.com if you shop around. Smart Shoppers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition almost always can. Also, don't forget that Nissan is currently providing $500 lease cash on this car. Make sure to take it into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • hapemama0103hapemama0103 Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I have never leased a vehicle before. I need to trade in my van that has negative equity and I also want a lower payment. Therefore, I’m considering a lease on the ’06 Altima Special Edition. Here are the details:

Sticker price: $22434
    Selling price: $19390
    Neg. Equity in my car: $4000

42 mos., 15,000 mile lease at $358. They said they’re “throwing in” an extended warranty, protection plan (for scratches, stains, etc) and 24 mos. Roadside Assistance.

So, does this sound like a good deal or not? Again, since I’ve never leased I don’t know what’s a good deal and what isn’t.

Thanks in advance!
    Jamie
    Greetings Jamie. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Dealers never "throw in" anything for free. Somewhere in your deal you are paying for the extended warranty that you are bring given. You are better off without one, especially considering the fact that you are leasing. The same goes for the protection plan. Nissan used to provide roadside assistance at no additional charge. If that is still the case that's fine, but don't pay any extra for that either when you can get an AAA membership for practically nothing.

The selling price that you were quoted for this car is very attractive, but that may be because your dealer is making money off of the aforementioned items they are "throwing in" and they may be marking your car's money factor up. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure that the dealer is using Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s 42 current buy rate lease money factor of .00125 to calculate your lease payment. If the factor that is being used is any higher than this, the dealer is making additional hidden profit by marking it up.

Car_man
    Host

P.S. You would be better off waiting until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something new.
  • neeyoneeyo Member Posts: 6
    "Hi! I have never leased a vehicle before. I need to trade in my van that has negative equity and I also want a lower payment. Therefore, I’m considering a lease on the ’06 Altima Special Edition. Here are the details:"

Why are you spending $4k more on any car you purchase or lease by trading your van then? If you want a lower payment, just pay off your current vehicle. Buying a new vehicle is just going to end up costing you much more than the amount you currently owe on your current vehicle.
  • reddog522reddog522 Member Posts: 9
    I am preparing to lease a Nissan Altima, and have used this site to educate myself.. and let me thank you for everything I have learned already.

Can you tell me the currently money factor rates and residule value percentage for a 3.5SL and a 2.5SL?

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

RedDog522
  • mnoghostmnoghost Member Posts: 11
    In south jersey, the nissan dealers only seem to have offers or a deal for the 2.5, which I have NO interest in. I currently own a 2002 mazda millenia which I still owe about roughly $8,000 on. I have the car listed for sale looking to get 14-16,000 for it, weather or not that happens who knows. lets say worst case scenario i get 14 for it. That leaves me with 6,000 towards leasing the altima. Now im hearing everyone say do not put a down payment or put a small one, but the thing that im looking for is a low monthly payment, preferibly 200 or under nothing more then 210.00. Im looking to lease for 3 years with 15,000 miles, according to the nissanusa.com calculator, if i put a 6,500 down as the down payment towards the estimated value of 28,005, my monthly payments would be 216.25, also keep in mind, i would probably be open to buying the car at the end of the lease. so is this a good idea or not?
  • techgeniustechgenius Member Posts: 2
    Going back on Thursday, so I could use some help.

06 nissan altima 3.5 SE
    MSRP=26900
    sell price = 24200
    cap cost including taxes back up to = 26400 (tax is 1700)

39 month lease
    12k miles p/yr
    money factor = .0021
    Residual will be 14,400 or 51%
    Money down = First months payment

Lease Price of $387.00

I feel I'm being quoted a tad much, from what I read here 51% for the residual seems low. Can anyone help with a legit monthly payment I could go back to the dealer with to counter.

Thank You.
  • reddog522reddog522 Member Posts: 9
    I am no expert... but here is a deal I was offered yesterday.

06 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL (ABS Package) pretty loaded.
    MSRP - $27,265
    Sell Price- $24,776

Keeping Taxes out of it

39 Month Lease
    Money Factor = .00096
    Residual = 55%
    Money Down is $1857.18 (1st Pay, Bank Fee and Taxes)

Lease price $288/ month which seems very reasonable to me.

Also looking for confirmation of this deal.

Regards.
  • techgeniustechgenius Member Posts: 2
    Well I completed my deal that I mentioned above.

MSRP 26900
    sell price 24200
    Cap cost 25600

39month lease
    15k miles
    money factor 0011
    residual 55%
    Money down = $486 includes first payment and LIC

Lease payment including everything $326.43
    This is $60 a month cheaper than above and also 15k instead of 12k.
  • nycorduroynycorduroy Member Posts: 4
    Allright guys, I am looking for a little honesty. How did I do?? If I got screwed, tell me, just don't be overly obnoxious. It was my first time leasing. My neighborhood nissan dealer did not believe me when I told him my deal. He went so far as to call me a liar and said there was no way I got this deal. He was real pissed because I cancelled my appointment with him after I completed this offer.

39 month lease/ 12,000 miles
    Nissan altima 2.5 with the SL package
    sirius satellite
    power sunroof
    sunroof wind deflector
    side air bags plus ABS
    fog lights
    5-piece floor/trunk mat set
    protection package
    splash guards
    The MSRP was $27,375
    The agreed upon value of the car $24563.05
    The residual value is $15056.25
    I left there paying exactly $1385.42 (1st months, acquisition fee, title/registration fees, and a doc fee)
    My monthly payment with tax and all is $307.92

Ok, so what are the opinions?? especially carman?

Thanks in advance guys for your input,
    NYCORDUROY
  • tricky799tricky799 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man

I am looking to lease an '06 Altima 2.5 Special Edition package. I have never leased before. Using the figures from their website MSRP $21445, $2309 down, and $209/month for 36 months. Basically you are paying for 45% of the car during the life of the lease. When adding options to this car should the payments increase by a rate of 45% of the cost of that option? Or does the dealership add the entire cost of the option that you are selecting?

Also, based on your posts I am now worried about putting a large down payment down. You mentioned inusrance issues. If I total my leased car what does the insurance company do?

For all reading this post. I live in central IL and I am willing to travel for a great deal. Any good deals in Chicago, Indianapolis, or St. Louis?
  • kdrivekdrive Member Posts: 1
    car_man/kyfdx,

My girlfriend is considering the same offer as tricky799. We were finally given a copy of the ad disclaimer which in addition to what tricky799 has listed states that the "Net Capitalized Cost" is $18,593 (which includes a $550 acquisition fee) and that the residual is $12,009.80. It further states that mats and splash model 5716 are also part of the package.

I'm trying to back into what she would actually be "paying" for the car. While I've got most of it figured out, I'm not sure what Nissan is currently throwing in to make this a "Special Lease Offer". The salesman kept mentioning a $1750 figure. Can you confirm? If so does this (or any amount offered) count as part of the "Capitalized Cost Reduction"? (we in Ohio at least, are taxed on this amount) In addition, what should the Money rate be?

I also would like to know whether the "holdback" a dealer usually receives for selling a car figures into vehicles that are leased? I'm trying to determine a fair price to "pay" for the vehicle and work the figures from there. Right now, if Nissan is in fact throwing in $1750, the dealer seems to be getting $448 over the MSRP.

If you see where I've made an error, please let me know! Thanks for your help!
  • tricky799tricky799 Member Posts: 3
    Just got a telephone quote for a 3.5 with sports package.

Sales Price: $24,661
    Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: .0009
    Terms: 36 months / 12,000 yr
    Money Down: $2000
    Monthly Payments: $289

Yes this is on a 3.5, not a 2.5. Sounds good so far.
  • worrworr Member Posts: 45
    Got a phone quote for a 3.5 also with sports package

MSRP 26,295
    Sale Price: $23,217
    Residual: %57%
    Money Factor: .0009
    Terms: 38 months / 12,000 yr
    Money Down: $0
    Monthly Payments $343

Taxes and title, and first month payment due at signing.

That sales price looks to me like $700 below invoice.

Does that sound like a good deal carman?
  • eric777eric777 Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in leasing a 2.5 SE Special Edition with an MSRP of $22455 before the programs end on Monday. 36 month/12k per year. Can anyone tell me if there are rebates on this car that are applicable when leasing? I am trying to figure out what price to offer as well as an accurate residual, money factor, and acq fee. Does anyone know if there is a security deposit waiver option or a disposition fee? Looking to do with no money down. Any info would be appreciated.
    I just bought a 3.5SL on a lease.

$500 cash back rebate on the lease. .00084 money factor; 56% residual; $550 acquisition fee; $25 doc fee; and security deposit waved...but that may depend on credit rating. I bought mine at invoice.
  • zheka212zheka212 Member Posts: 68
    Does anyone know what the May lease program is like for the Altima S w/special edition package? I'm looking in Atlanta, GA.
    Thanks!
    Looks like I'll have to answer my own question.
    Got the following offer on the table:

Altima S w/Special Edition Package

36 Month Lease
    12,000 miles included per year
    $0 Security Deposit
    $0 Down (Cap Cost Reduction)

Due at signing:

1st Payment $245.55* (35 payments would remain)
    Title Fee $ 31.00
    License Fee $ 12.00
    GA MVWRA $ 3.00 (Lemon Law Funding)

MSRP $21,155
    Selling Price $19,037 (Cap Cost)
    Residual 0.55 ($11,635.25)
    Money Factor .79
    Admin Fee $550 (Bank Fee)
    Disposition Fee N/A
    Excess Miles $00.15 per mile

The money factor should be 0.00064, not .00079, but I'm going to attribute that to the fact that no security deposit is taken.

Questions:
    The invoice price for this car (on Edmunds) looks to be $20,034 -- how the heck are they selling me the car at $19,037? TMV is listed at $18,284, but that includes the rebate. Does this mean the $1,750 incentive apply to leases this month, and I have another $700 to negotiate down? Or is there lease cash similar to last month (that was only $500, and I seem to be getting $997 off invoice). Any info is appreciated. This seems like a good deal at first glance -- I just want to make sure there isn't more then meets the eye under the surface.
    The 1750 does not apply to the lease. The $500 college bonus can, however. Then there is the $500 bonus for lease besides that.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,935
    I just checked the VPP pricing page and it says there is $750 lease cash on the Altima this month.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Sorry to ask a dumb question, but what is the VPP pricing page?
    that's not a dumb question at all. Sorry, I should have explained. VPP is the Nissan preferred pricing website. Its for employees of Nissan and employees of companies that have a relationship with Nissan (i'm in the latter group). In any case, I used that page because it conveniently lists all the current rebates in one place that are available to the public (not just VPP beneficiaries).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Ok, just an update in case someone tries to lease one during the Weekend.

Lease signed as :

36 mo/36 k
    Altima S w/ Special Edition Package

Total monthly payment -- $250 (Including 7% sales tax)
    Total paid at signing -- $296 (first payment + $46 in reg. fees).

Too lazy to work out the math since I haven't actually seen the lease (car was not for me). Thanks for the $750 lease cash tip. Even with that works out to a better deal then is advertised on the Nissan web page. They rolled the aquisition fee into the lease -- with the current MF it only makes sence.

Good luck and thanks!
  • christina271christina271 Member Posts: 65
    can anyone tell me what i should be paying to lease the altima 2.5 s (with sl pkg) with 36months/12k miles $0 down and with the 6% sales tax rolled in???

msrp*25,455 and selling price*22,286

thanks alot
  • freakafreaka Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I just got back from a dealer that was offering me a lease of $430 per month with $1000 down. Going buy the numbers I have seen here, that seems rediculously high. I am trading in a GMC Envoy that they claim to be paying off but I'm guessing the price is based on them actually rolling on a cost of the envoy , onto the altima.

Can anyone give me realistic numbers I should expect to pay for the altima lease at this moment?

I'm looking for a lease term of 39 months, 20k miles per year for a loaded altima, 3.5, leather, abs..etc.

Thanks!
  • futuredocfuturedoc Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, newbie here...been lurking around the forums for a while. Great stuff!

So here's the deal offered:

06 Altima 2.5S
    42 Month Lease
    10,000 miles per year
    $0 Security Deposit
    approx. $3500, which includes taxes, down.
    Monthly payments at $79.

Figuring the down into monthly costs it comes out to about $165/month. Is this too good, when the Accord goes for $270 and civic for $230?
    actually, Accord's current program is $199/mo. (LX automatic) for 36 months, with $1999 due at signing, and 12k miles per year.

So the Altima lease you're looking at is for less miles, a longer term, and more down.

Is that a stick or auto? Is $79 the bottom line? Or is that sans taxes (i know you mentioned taxes in the money down, but just want to confirm).

Regardless, if you want to drive a car for cheap for 3.5 years and you only drive 10k miles per year or less, its certainly a decent deal.

I've seen print ads similar to this deal for at least a few months in the sunday paper. But I think that included a rebate or 2 that i didn't qualify for, plus I was looking to put nothing down.

This discussion has been closed.