Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• saabtasticsaabtastic Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone,

I was offered a 2011 Sports 3.5SV Loaded w/ everything but NAV from a local Nissan Dealer.
    39 mo lease.
    15k miles per year.
    Includes Oil Changes.

Includes all Illinois Tax (entire lease is taxed at full amount in Illinois)
    Note* With my Altima as a trade I get a 17k tax credit.

$0 down, includes plates and everything 1st payment due.

$439 a month * 39 what do you think ?

Is this good or is their money left on the table, I figure there is about $1200 in taxes in the lease going to the state of IL. The car stickered for 38ishk, but I am releasing from Nissan and I thought he said their was some incentive money.

Is this a worthwhile lease ?

I was thinking about putting $2500 down to get pymt to $375.

He tells me the promotion ends Tommorow (Thursday) so I am curious what do you think ?? :confuse:
  • saabtasticsaabtastic Member Posts: 7
    Nissan is very fair with lease returns, I returned a 350z with 50k miles and the rims had some good scratches around the outer edges on a scale of 1-10 I would say the front wheels were about 1 being mint condition 10 being horrible they were about 4s. And it had a convertible top with what looks like a small knife slit, and they did not say anything (I was sure they were going to say something). I did have new tires on it as it needed it. All in all they were very nice throughout the whole lease.

Thanks
    Brian
  • srx2870srx2870 Member Posts: 16
    I think you can do better. Try using truecar.com or amex zag to find out the car price at your area and plugging all the numbers in lease calculator to figure out the payment. 39 mos, 15k sports package should have a 56% residual and the money factor is 0.00092 i think.
    Thanks for the reply.. Now i am less worry lol. How much will a nissan wear and tear insurance cost? I believe the car will definitely get scratch since i live in NYC lol
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Yup it includes taxes. Good Luck!
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2011
    I just got an offer from my local dealer on a 2011 SV model with cold package, spoiler, mud flaps and mats MSRP $35400,
    36 months
    15k miles/year
    $1500 total up front costs
    $300 a month
    Is it a good deal? Any input is greatly appreciated.
  • aces_fullaces_full Member Posts: 16
    From what I can tell it sounds like a great deal, how much was the purchase price of the car (might be called the capitalized cost, I can't remember the exact terminology)?
    Not sure , the salesperson did passively mention it but I didn't really catch it.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi tonyk. It would be much easier to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's full MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for them. These numbers will make it easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's likely any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi srx2870. Here's the new July program info for you. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima S with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 57%, respectively. I'm not sure if NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year on Nissan division vehicles, but if it does its 10k residual values would be 1% higher.

It looks to me like the dealer that quoted you such a high bank fee is trying to mark up NMAC's base fee to add additional hidden profit to your deal. NMAC's base acquisition fee is normally $595.

I have never returned a vehicle to NMAC, so I can't tell you what its end of term inspection process is like from a first hand perspective, but I can tell you that I have heard that they are reasonable.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi biggbrother. Nissan has special 4th of July incentives that are scheduled to run through the 6th. I suspect that its incentives will be similar in August, but it is difficult to predict exactly what automakers will do with their future programs.

I don't believe that Nissan has any additional incentives for loyal customers on any of its vehicles right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • fat_professorfat_professor Member Posts: 6
    Are the money factor and residual value different on different models of the Maxima? I am looking to lease in July and want an SV with Premium and Tech packages. Lease would be 39 months at 15,000 miles a year. Thanks for your input, Car Man.
  • nystarnystar Member Posts: 28
    Hi Guys,

Leased 2011 Nissan Maxima Premium with Tech and spoiler (Fully Loaded, Navi, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Spoiler), 12K Miles per year, 39 Months lease:

$0 Down
    $595 Bank Fee + First Month + DMV and other fees = $1350 total out of pocket
    $426 per month (including NY Tax)
    I didn't discuss the residual or the selling Price as I am not intending to keep the Vehicle.

Please let me know your thoughts

Regards,
    Residual and Selling Price are not negotiated with intending to buy the car, but moreso to drive down the payments.

You essentially pay ((Selling Price) - (Residual%*MSRP))/Term plus applicable rent charge to get your monthly payments.

The lower the selling price, and higher the residual, the cheaper your monthly payments.

Im not sure if you got the car as to advise if its too expensive or not is useless now, but I do remember someone offering the same car in NY for $1000 Out of pocket, plus first month and $350/mo plus tax. And this was from a broker meaning u can get it lower than that...
    They often are, fat_professor. NMAC's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Maxima SV Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

Whats the MF and Residual for maxima sv premium 36 months, 12k a year? Thanks!
    I just picked up my beautiful ocean gray ride from Marlboro Nissan in Mass.
    39 month lease
    15k miles/year
    MSRP $36000
    Cold pakg. Monitor pkge. Rear spoiler, Mud flaps and mats.
    $1800 down includes bank fee, first payment, DMV, sales taxe in Mass is (6.25%)
    $307 a month
    Carman I'm espacially interested to hear your take on the deal
    Hope this helps other shoppers on Edmunds as I benefited from the wealth of info provided by others :)
  • xfactor2k12xfactor2k12 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Ok so this is my first post. I am currently in a Lease with Honda that ends on 8/29. I am really hoping to score a 2011 maxima sv + sport package. Could anyone help me out with the MF & current Residual rates? I am looking to put $0 down on a sign and drive and payments to be around $400+tax month. Does this sound reasonable or am I out of my mind? I've always leased from Honda based on the $1500 wear and tear credit they give at least back but am now trying to be adventurous and try a new maker. Do you think it's better to wait the two months before shopping? I live in FL if that makes a difference. Please provide any hints or pointers that will make this process a little easier. For my last two cars i've used a car broker just to not have to deal with salesman in a dealership type situation. I really wants this car and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all
  • candy7371candy7371 Member Posts: 10
    Hi there! I currently have a 2010 Maxima SV w/premium package. I had some damage occur to the rear bumper that may or may not have happened when I took my car to get an oil change with them. (Couldn't prove it was them or myself) and 2 of my tires are completely bald so I went to the dealer and they suggested I do a new lease since I've had my current Maxima for almost 2 years. They quoted me the same exact car but a 2011 for the same payments I currently make and no money down. I currently pay $459 a month (tax included). I live in Miami, FL. Is this a deal or should I send them to go fly a kite? :confuse:
    Hi srx2870. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima SV Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • peruggiaperuggia Member Posts: 6
    I think that is a totally doable deal. I have a 2010 maxima sv with cold pkg. I was at the dealership yesterday to get an oil chg and was walking the lot. sales person came to me and started to chat. I said i loved my car but that i wished i had gotten black. He said he could probably get me out of my car and into a new black one for same payment. After being in their for 20 minutes I am taking delivery today of a 2011 Maxima SV with Sport pkg/monitor pkg and cold pkg, for the same exact pymnt of 386/ mos. That is including Pa's 9 % lease tax. I am only giving 1st mos pymnt and tag transfer. So I think with no trade you should be under 400. I am actually getting a better car for the same pymnt, and brand new.
  • milt7696milt7696 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Everyone,
    I just signed for a Black 2011 Maxima S in Southern NH.
    39 month lease
    12k miles/year
    MSRP $33007
    Base S, splash guards and mats (plus dealer add-ons nitrogen filled tires and wheel locks).
    $0 down, first payment out of pocket at signing
    DMV, bank fee, acquisition rolled into the lease and No sales tax in NH
    $299 a month
    Thanks for all the info from the forum, it was very helpful in negotiating!
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    ok i need advise i have a 2010 maxima s i leased a year ago exactly i am paying $309 monthly and put out $1700 total, now i am seeing that my deal was good for that time but now there are much better deals so i wanted to upgrade to a maxima sv with monitoring and cold package and i am being told the msrp is around $36000 and i would be paying $315 and need to put out $2000 total and i wont be responsible for the rest of my payments they are eating them up about 26 payments of $309 so what do you guys think? the only part that stinks is shelling out another $2000 for a car that i am renting
  • crxbladecrxblade Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    Hey guys,
    I'm close to jumping on leasing my first car - I would appreciate your help in making sure the deal is good. First, I'm in no rush to get a car (I really don't "need" a car until September - but would use it if I had one). That being said, I figure now would be a good time to pick up a Maxima given the Model Year End Savings...

I live in NY. I negotiated this final price: $359/Month + tax (this comes to a final monthly payment of $399 a month) and "$0 down" (the guy said I still have to pay the first month when I leave the dealership with the car). This would be for a fully loaded Maxima 3.5 SV with Premium + Tech + spoiler + other stuff (i.e. loaded: splash guards, mats, vehicle alarm, wheel locks, etc.). This is for a 42 month lease.

I asked about getting a service package to cover the car during the lease, but the salesman said it was stupid to get and would only add $18/month to the lease which basically only covers oil changes. So, is it really stupid to get?

Thanks so much for your help!
  • nystarnystar Member Posts: 28
    Hi Crx blade,

I got mine from NY dealer

SV+ Premium + Tech + Spoiler (No other accessories)

$425 Per Month (Including NY tax)
    $595 Bank Fee
    $0 Down

Total $1350 out of pocket (First Month + Bank Fees + DMV Fees) - $425 Per month 12K Miles 39 Months lease.

The deal was $399, but when I sat with the Nissan Finance guy he changed the numbers as Nissan Finance didnt approve my credit because I am new in this country (Only 3 Years) and thats why they increased the payment to $425 after I brough a Co-Signer. he told me that I finally qualified as Tier 1 and the deal is for Tier 0 !!!! (Its a game they make I guess as they keep your interview with NMAC representative at the end).

Buttom line, NMAC finance guy does not talk the same language as the sales people there.

I believe your deal is the best you can get for the Maxima, but make sure that they check your credit and confirm that you qualify for that deal. The best thing is to talk to the Nissan Finance guy upfront to make sure that no conflicts happen while signing the papers with him later on.

Hope that helps

Regards,
    Thanks, Nystar. Sounds pretty much like you got a similar deal I did (before the increase), except you got it for 39 months. Maybe I'll try to bring it down to 39 months too.

Any of you have guesses what the 2012 Maxima will lease for (more/less/same)?

Thanks again!
    you should check this out.

http://www.legendleasing.com/2011_Nissan_Maxima_SV_Cold_and_Monitor_Packages

$295/mo for 39 mo and 12k/yr. Only due at signing is Bank and DMV, and first month.

monthly does not include tax.
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Member Posts: 87
    How legit is this LegendLeasing place?
    Hi ahashmi, thanks I tried that site I think it sounds better than putting $2000 out of pocket and paying $315 monthly however I don't think they would take my 10 maxima s and pay off Nissan roughly 26 payments of $309 and still keep the payments at $295. I don't know if the dealership can match that price either buy if they can reduce the $2000 to $1000 or close for $315 monthly I would do it
  • bobby058bobby058 Member Posts: 1
    Hi forum,

I'm hoping someone can help me quickly - this forum has been a help BUT still not getting the lingo of all the money factors and such. Bottom line is I'm looking at a 2011 Maxima and not sure if I'm getting any kind of a deal. I think I have all the numbers you need to help me out:

This is what the deal said on the car we are looking at:

MSRP: $36,825
    Net Cap Cost: $33,868
    Residual Value: ?
    Money Factor: .00022
    Lease end value: $19,517

The car does have Cold weather package, rear monitor package, boise system.

$405 month includes tax.

Appreciate any kind of advise as I'm noticing most other posts are getting the maxima for less - $310-$360 a month.

Note: I'm taking it that MSRP is the price on the sticker in the window. Am I supposed to be negotiating THAT price?? Sorry for the questions but this is new to me and I want to make sure that I am getting the best deal possible.

Thanks
    Hi guys, can anybody give me some imput on the deal I worked this morning. I leased a 11 maxima sv with sports, monitoring, and cold packages valued at msrp$38510. The invoice was roughly $36500 and the neg selling price was $33080. My monthly payment is $327 and I put out $700 total out of pocket tax is inluded in monthly. But wait I turned in a 10 maxima of which was a lease with $24100 still due to pay off so they appraised $26000 giving me a positive equity of $1900 plus a $1000 rebate and my 700 out of pocket to get a payment of $327. So my old maxima is taken care of and it was a base so I really wanted one with options which I now have. So is it a good deal.
    The buyout is $20654 after 39 months 12000 miles yearly
  • nypaymannypayman Member Posts: 12
    Sounds like a great deal to me, are you in NY/NJ?

Tried to do the same thing without the sports package, I'm over 10000 miles they wanted $500 out of pocket plus increasing my monthly $100.
    I ran away, but from some of the posts here believe I can find a decent deal. Thanks
    Hey nypayman, I'm in ny but I went to pine belt nj in Newport. I think you can do good there but even other dealerships have great deals right now on maximas. I was there a while but it was worth it. I had the base max which I loved but I wanted one that had options and foun keep looking around you ll find one. good luck
    pretty legit, got my friend a car through that. I didn't opt for them because you can try to do better if you know your game, for those that don't want to really haggle, its best for them.
    For taking in your old lease, you need to speak with the dealer the broker sets you up with. Trading a car makes deals a little more complicated, but if you do go independent, you know the price range to be around.
    Way to high. What trim is this?
  • carguy144carguy144 Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 2011 Maxima SV with cold and monitor package, Dark gray with black leather int. MSRP $35,500.

$284 per mo plus tax ($299 total with WI 5.6%). $550 due at siging (first mo payment, title, lic) not a bad deal, sweet car!

Buyout is $19250, I believe the sale price was around $30k, but I would have to check the paperwork.
    Just wanted to share that I leased a 2011 Maxima 3.5 SV with Premium + tech + spoiler + all accessories for:

purchased in NJ (tags in NY)
    $399/month (includes taxes)
    $700 total upfront (i.e. $0 down, $700 went toward first month and DMV fees)
    39 months
    Car_Man, could you please provide the August numbers for the 2011 Nissan Maxima SV w/Sport Package and 12,000 miles per year?

Does Nissan offer a loyalty credit for current Nissan customers? Are there currently any Lease cash available?

It seems that a lot of the sports package quipped models also have the Monitor package, but since it's "only" $700 more, I don't think it could affect the lease payment much...
  • joconjjoconj Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I was wondering this was my first lease and Im trying to figure out if I got a good deal or not. I recently got a 2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5sv premium with tech premium +spolier and all the other stuff. I traded in a 2008 Honda accord with 80k miles. They gave me 13k for it. My total payments are $380 for 39 months with 15k miles per yr. I put down $0 + no fees at all + no first payment upfront.

What do you think? advice? Could I have done better than that?
  • t_loca728t_loca728 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you post the MF and residual for a 2011 Maxima SV Premium, without tech. Looking for 15k miles per year.

Thanks!!

T_Loca
    Here you go biggbrother. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima SV Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00022 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on the Maxima for current NMAC lessees. There's another $1,000 cash incentive available on leases of this car in certain parts of the country.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi t_loca728. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Maxima SV Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry Car_man, I didn't specify the lease term. I need the numbers for 39 months, which are usually better than 36 mos. correct?

The dealer provided me with 12K mi. per year / 39 mos. 54% residual and money factor of .00022.

Are these numbers accurate?
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hi Carman,

Could you please post the August mf/residual for the following:

2011 Maxima S for 39 months 12k
    2011 Maxima SV for 39 months 12k

I am in KY, don't know if any regional lease incentives are available. Thanks.
    No problem biggbrother. The numbers that you were quoted are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ajpbf7. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Maxima S with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a base '11 Maxima SV are .00022 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mellimelli Member Posts: 1
    i just leased a 2011 nissan maxima sv with premium package and premium technology package and splash guard and floor mats msp 40,735 i gave 2749 at signing supposely taxes and dmv fees and included a 1000 rebate. i brought this car from bay ridge nissan and my monthly paymenets is 450 a month I think I was taking for a ride. they told me i have free matinience like tire rotation and oil changes for 2 years. Is this a good deal or what
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    A dealer is telling me rebates do not apply to leases, yet there have been some buyers here who have said they got the rebates... plus lease cash. What is the true story, please?
This discussion has been closed.