Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• hoyterone1hoyterone1 Member Posts: 2
    bought it at coral springs maxima, Steve Malin my salesman, don't use anyone else there......... $1500 down, 15K miles and even less than the $435, see him tell him Lori from California Closets sent you he'll rake good care of you
  • jmcaleneyjmcaleney Member Posts: 27
    Yes it was sign and drive! $435 foMKaxima Sv with prem& tech package. It was Somerset Nissan in Somerville NJ. Ask for Seth Sladowski and please mention my name Jon McAleney. He will take care of you. I already giving him a referral. If you do get a car from himplease let me know. I get a referral fee of $100. If you need help let me know. Good Luck!
  • dford78dford78 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2012 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV in Southern NJ. It has splash guards, monitor package, cold package, floor mats, trunk sub-floor organizer. Total sticker price $37,155. I traded in a 2009 Altima with a negative value of $514.00. I wasn't complaining about the negative value because it had $2,600 in damages and I owed $13,114. The numbers look like this 39 month lease, 12k miles a year, $1000 down payment, $1700 in rebates and non-cash credits, about $600 in fees. My payments are $420 a month. This was a spur of the moment deal in which I should have waited. The dealership I purchased from had just given me an awesome lease on a Frontier about 8 months ago so I trusted them, maybe I shouldn't have. If that was as bad of a deal as I think it was I won't be going back there in the future.
    Thanks for any advice.
  • shaposhapo Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Atlanta and trying to lease a 2012 SV with Premium Pkg, Tech and Spoiler. 12k per year and 39 month. I received several purchase quotes the best being:

MSRP $40,835.00

Your Price $32,786.00

When I asked them to give me leasing numbers, including residual, MF (probably tier 2 with not perfect credit) I have been told that the rebates don't apply to the cap cost. I've never heard of this. They are now trying trying to say that the Cap cost will be 36,400.

Please advise
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi shapo. While it is correct that Nissan's normal consumer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, Nissan does provide different special cash incentives on leases in some areas. Unfortunately there is no cash on leases of the '12 Maxima in your area right now...just as you were told.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • flurofluro Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Boston, and have been looking at the Maxima 3.5 SV for a couple weeks now, and after reading previous posts and other internet sources, I thought I knew what a good deal was.

MSRP: 39035
    Sell price: 36900
    Lease incentives: 1700
    Cap cost: 35200
    Residual value: 21078.90 (54%)
    Money factor: 0.000886
    Monthly: quite a bit lower because of trade equity

They wouldn't go any lower, and while an okay deal, didn't seem like I was passing up much by walking. Was I wrong?

Thanks
  • td_inctd_inc Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2012
    Car_Man (and friends)

Here's my deal...
    SV Prem and Tech
    MSRP - 41,280
    Sales near - 36k
    MF - .00017
    Residual - 54%
    39 month/12k
    $449/ month
    $999 at signing ($700 includes 1st payment and $299 MV)
    They are taking care of 3 months @$394/month for my current lease

Looks like someone else just got the same car for $435 and without the $550 i'm giving (when you minus 1st payment).

But i don't know if they also had $1200 of current lease being taken off their hands. Do my numbers add up? Good deal?

I can't sign officially til next week because I am finishing up a refi. Please let me know!! And again much appreciation for all the help! :)
    Both the selling price and the money factor look good to me, td_inc. I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • tuska788tuska788 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me what a good price to lease the 2012 Maxima Sv with tech?

and the also the tech and prem package as well?

thanks ive spent so many hours researching and i give up!!! lol
    Hey Tuska788,

I always wished people would give more upfront info or yes/no on pricing here so we could make this a quicker process. SO... I'll offer my two cents if it helps. I'm in NJ

I just leased a 2012 Maxima SV with Prem + Tech (12k/yr)
    $449/month/39 months
    $500 + first month payment out of pocket. (The $500 covered MV and misc)
    They paid off $1200 in lease payments i owed on previous car.

If i was bringing someone back to the dealer with me I'd look to get the same car but I'd want to pay $435-445 without giving that $500 upfront. I didnt haggle any further because of a couple factors. (I couldnt sign yet because of refi on my house but they took care of everything anyway, they were paying off my existing lease, and I was getting a $2000 rebate card from Nissan)

If you want the name of dealer and salesman... send me a personal message and I'll provide.
  • tuska788tuska788 Member Posts: 2
    the deal is 355 for 39 month lease, 12000 miles with 2600 fthat include first month and all fees.

what do you think?
    Tuska788,
    As the the board preaches regularly, I would strongly recommend against putting so much $$ out of pocket. The best is to have all fees rolled into the lease. If you were to total the car or it were to get stolen, you'd lose that money.
    (That being said you have to make the best decision for yourself whether for one reason or another the lower payment is more important. I've paid a lease upfront for tax savings before)

The best idea would be to add that amount to the payment over 39 months and then counter offer that or better. It would look like this: $2600 / 39 = 66.66 + $355 = $421.66 (if you gave your first month's payment it would be $412.56)

The question is what car is this for?? SV + Tech/Prem?
  • jmulherinjmulherin Member Posts: 11
    I would also be really interested to know if this deal is for the premium/tech package.
  • madmax145madmax145 Member Posts: 1
    What do you guys think for this Maxima lease?

2012 Maxima SV with Prem, 12k Miles per year, for 39 months. 2k Down. 320 per month :shades: .

Thats the deal they threw at me.
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Not that I have anything against Maxima, but why would some one even consider it given that for the same money you can lease Infiniti G37x.

I've just checked NYC brokers offers and they want $345 per month for Maxima SV with Prem and tech and $350 per month for G37x With Sport, Prem, Navi. Infiniti cars come with longer warranty, much better service, stronger engine and rear-wheel based AWD. What does Maxima have? A little more interior space, maybe? Please note that the above mentioned numbers do NOT included tax and other fees and are for comparison purpose only.
  • arlenegarleneg Member Posts: 7
    Not advisable to put a down payment of any kind. Refigure your monthly payment without a down payment.
    I had an Infiniti M35x. Loved it ... Hard for me to consider a G. It's an entry model in my mind. The kids car. Like an Altima or C class or 3 series. For me I'd rather go with a brand where I feel comfortable getting their best then the entry model, to get the tag.
    I almost got the M again, just thought the $200+/month savings could be better spent (in my case on an investment prop) ... And maybe next lease I will go back to the M.

That's just me. But if I'm getting a BMW it's 5series or up, Benz Eclass or higher, Infiniti... M is the only choice.
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    which broker is offering a G37x with all those options for $350/month?

and I'm assuming both are $0 down? and same mileage?
  • kf5993kf5993 Member Posts: 7
    Jumping into the car shopping ring. I'm pretty well educated due to the research that I've been doing for years. Anyways, the title says it all. I'm interested in leasing a winter frost LE. I'd be trading in my car now which I own (still owe on). I can get about 10k for it on trade and break even. I'm looking to be at $300-315/mo on the max. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated. I've seen a few posts about this edition but I'm interested in more opinions. I see a ton of SV with sport, cold, and a few tech that pay anywhere from 340-450. With that being said, it leads me to believe that the car I'm looking at (with a sticker 4-6k below the SV) has a large possibility of being out the door in my budget. Looking to put $1500 down max. I'm in illinois also so we pay taxes on the entire sale price, not just the lease price. However, we also get tax credits. For example, if they give me 10k for my car and I negotiate 31k for the maxima, I pay taxes on the 21k. Regardless, any advice or feedback is appreciated! Thanks!
  • njshorewillnjshorewill Member Posts: 17
    I have a 2010 Max SV Sport w. monitoir pkg...$420/mo Lease expiring Jan. 2013.
    15K/yr lease..Car only has 28K miles...
    Dealer is offering to pay last 6 months payments on new Maxima, same. exact car...

Sales Price. $33,200
    Term: 39 months
    15K Miles/yr
    Incentives - $750 Customer Loyalty + $1,750
    $2,500 Downpayment (Really don't want to pay anything out of pocket
    Monthly Payment $399 w. Tax

My Max has front end damage - rear ended a Tahoe @ 15mph in traffic..emblem broke off grill and urethane on hood is scraped, concave in very center..haven't gotten estimate. They'll pay First $500..if over that I'd report to my insurance..have $500 deductible

Didn't get into Residuals
    Money Factor (His Guess) .000314 (I wanted to say, that's PI)

Spoke of leasing new Altima 3.5 SL - $31,000..no incentives..Same deal, same price.

Does anyone have specifics of current lease offers?
    I'd appreciate any unput you have on this deal...
    6 month program expires tomorrow.

Should I just hang tight til I have a clearer picture .....I also like the wheels on 2010 better than the 2012's
  • tomaxtomax Member Posts: 37
    Carman,

What is the Money Factor and residual for 39 mo. lease with 15K miles for a Nissan Maxima SV with premium /tech. For lease return, if the dealer says they can take care of most items, is this a sure thing or is it something to think about and a big hassle down the road getting charges off?

Also, what are the incentives and anything for repeat buyers?

Appreciate it.
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    Car Man,

Could you provide me the residuals and the money factor for a 3.5 sv 24 month lease. Thank you.
  • dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    I meant to ask for the residual and money factor for the 24 month 3.5 SV with 10k miles/year. Thank you
    I just leased a 2012 Maxima SV w. Sport Package, Monitor Package, Varpets Mats & undertrunk organizer (waster of $$)
    Anyway, sticker was $38,800..

Was drawn to the Dealer they offered the last 6 months off my lease )2010 SV Sport w. 28K miles), waive $500 in damages (I had rear ended someone at 15 MPH, so there was damage), they waived all costs, etc.

The sticker on my new car was $39,000.

Started with Costco Program ( I knew my dealer participated)
    Price started at $1,000 BELOW Invoice ($35,600)...then Nissan Loyalty Program $750, Plus $1,750 other incentives. I also received credit for an additional 10,000 miles I had prepaid, plus Sales tax

THE MONEY FACTOR WAS .00035%

I decided to take 12K miles (for personal reasons)....after all was said and done, I got another 39 month lease $400/mo...includes extended Warranty, Free Scheduled Maintenance, tax and gap, DMV and all fees.

I did not pay a penny out of pocket, just too the new car home.

This payment is almost $25.00 less per month than my 2010, and $45 less than a 2009 Maxima I had that was totaled in October, 2010.

I think I did I git a more than fair deal. Even tho' this is Maxima #7 or 8, and used the same dealership, it is a new owner in 2005....the ENTIRE Staff changed in the last 3 to 6 months, don;t know the details, but did not get a high pressure deal, I named my numbers and they agrred.
    Greetings tomax. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that Nissan is offering any special loyalty incentives on this car right now, but there is cash on leases of it in certain areas. What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go dae928. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima 3.5 SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I provided you with the 3 year numbers instead of the 2 year numbers because I don't believe that Nissan is currently providing any support on 24-month leases of this car. If that is indeed the case, then the factor for that term would skyrocket to .00210.

Car_man
    Host
    Oh, I see that you wanted a lease with 10,000 miles per year. the residual value for that mileage allowance would be 2% higher than the 15k residual value.

Car_man
    Host
  • discostew1discostew1 Member Posts: 2
    I just finalized a lease on a 2012 Maxima SV for 39 months at 15K miles. Car has the Premium and Tech.packages, splash guards, mats, emergency kit, rear spoiler and dealer will install the illuminated kick plates free once available. MSRP was $41,955 and the purchase price was a 34K. After all said and done, the monthly payment is $375 with nothing down. I think this is a pretty good deal.
  • sandianasandiana Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2012
    I leased a 2010 Maxima SV with the Cold & Monitor packages, mud/splash guards & carpet mats in June '10. Payment is $315/mo for 39 months @ 15K miles/yr (I traded in my car for $11K and took $8K out, so $3K down). My dealer is already offering me a deal on a new 2012 SV w/same options which seems really good, but this is sooner than I anticipated and am only going to seriously consider it now if the deal is a no-brainer. I'm not opposed to getting into a '12 Maxima if it's a crazy good deal; I am still a big fan of the car and was already planning to lease again next year. I haven't seen anything on this forum re: current (October) money factor & residual and would appreciate some info. The deal on the table now is no money down (they'll even pay for the plates, etc), 15K/yr, same model/options - just the first month's lease pmt due at signing, monthly payment of $385. Taking into account the money I put down in '10, this equates to less than my current payment (net). Your input would be appreciated, thx.
    Sounds like you got an excellent deal to me.
  • refrunnerrefrunner Member Posts: 7
    Car Man, do you have the money factor and residual for a 2012 Maxima SV with either the sport or premium package, 36 months, 12K miles. Also, are there any current dealer or consumer incentives that can be used towards leasing this vehicle? Thanks
    Okay, hadn't gotten any responses here yet but have heard back from two dealers so wanted to share. Current money factor is .00035 and residual value is 53% on a 2012 Maxima SV. I found a second dealer who offered $376.xx as opposed to the $385 at my current dealer. Both deals seem good to me, so I will likely end up in a new '12 Maxima this week.
    edited October 2012
    Got what I feel is a great deal on a 2012 Maxima SV. I had eleven payments left on my 2010 Maxima SV lease, which seemed so early to get a good deal, but sure enough I am now in a gorgeous, brand new '12 Maxima SV with Monitor Pkg, Cold Pkg, Spoiler, Splash Guards & Floor Mats (MSRP $37,200). They bought out my '10 (which they will be selling on their lot) and paid for EVERYTHING including license plates, and I simply paid my first month's payment of $379 (39 month lease @ $379 per month w/15K miles per year). I don't know how they can do it, but I feel like I got a great deal and am loving my new car.

I should add, I was EXTREMELY happy with my 2010 Maxima -- never had a single issue or repair in the 28 months I had add (only paid for oil changes and to swap out the wiper blades last winter) and would have happily waited until closer to my lease end to get a new one, but I really liked the 'Ocean Gray' exterior which is not offered on the 2013, so decided to go a bit earlier than initially planned in order to get the color that I liked. Well, that and the fact that the 2013 model appears to be identical in every way that matters, so really no need to wait.

I am in Chicagoland (Illinois), and bought from "Severo" at M'Lady Nissan in Crystal Lake. He was WONDERFUL; best car buying/leasing experience I have had so far.

Current money factor is .00035 and residual value is 53% on a 2012 Maxima SV, by the way.
    I'd be happy to help you out refrunner. NMAC's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00035 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is cash on leases of this car in certain states. Where do you live?

Car_man
    Host
  • refrunnerrefrunner Member Posts: 7
    Florida, thanks
    Good stuff refrunner. Florida is one of the states that the lease cash is available in. There's $1,000 on most 2012 Maxima models there. SVs with certain packages have a little more than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • fuma08057fuma08057 Member Posts: 10
    Car Man, do you have the money factor and residual for a 2012 Maxima SV with premium package and Nav, for 36 or 39 months with 10K/12K miles. Also wondering if there are any current dealer or consumer incentives in NJ/NY area that can be used towards leasing this vehicle?
    Hi Discostew1,

I am curious what dealer you went with....if you are in the Northeast...also does your monthly payment that you negotiated include tax?

Thanks.
    Here's the information that you're looking for fuma08057.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s new November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00016 and 53%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

As far as cash incentives go, you're in luck in your area Nissan is providing a whopping $1,500 bonus cash on the Maxima through the 12th. There's another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car for the entire month on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the help car man.

I closed on a lease deal on Saturday and picked up the car on Monday--here is the deal I got on a 2012 Maxima SV with Premium Pkg and Tech Pkg:

$350 per month (including 7% tax) for 39 months. 12k miles per year.
    The only out of pocket expenses were the first month payment, and $250 towards my plates. Residual Value was 53%, money factor was .00016, and the sticker was ~$41.6k.

I think I got a good deal.
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    fuma, what was the actual sale price of the vehicle? $350/month is incredible.
    I am not 100 perc sure, but you can calculate it yourself with all the other info I provided. Off the top of my head, I think the purchase price was somewhere in the mid $36k range, but i also took advantage of $2.5k in total cash incentives that were being offered by Nissan.
  • nitneenitnee Member Posts: 1
    Fuma, can you tell me the dealer?
  • mgtarheelsmgtarheels Member Posts: 2
    Hi

Can I get numbers for a 2012 Nissan Maxima with Prem and Tech with 12,000 miles on a 39 month lease?

Here is what I was quoted:

MSRP $41,975
    $0 Down
    $540/month for 39 months @12,000 miles/year
    Residual > .53
    Money factor > .00016

This includes an estimated $5400 of negative equity from your Infiniti G37 trade in and all taxes, tags, and fees.
    You're very welcome, fuma08057. Thanks for the update. The Maxima is definitely a lot of car for $350 per month with nothing down. Enjoy, I've always liked the Maxima...it's a good value.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mgtarheels. After reading your last sentence the payment that you were quoted makes a lot more sense. When I first saw the monthly payment I thought to myself, wow what a terrible deal, but you're rolling a ton of negative equity into the lease.

If you don't mind, may I ask why you are trading in your G37 when you are so upside down on it for something so similar? You would be better off waiting to get something new until you are less upside down on your current vehicle unless it's a lease that you HAVE to get out of because you are way over mileage and this is the less expensive way to go.

What selling price are you being charged for the Maxima? That number will make it much easier to see how good a deal you are getting on your new car independent of the negative equity.

Car_man
    Host
  • mgtarheelsmgtarheels Member Posts: 2
    I'd be getting the car exactly at invoice. They wouldn't give me the paper with everything printed on it to take home, though, so I don't remember the specific price. I'm looking to trade the G37 in because I moved to NJ from FL, and the car simply cannot handle any snow whatsoever.
  • antd21antd21 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the new december numbers for 2012 Maxiam SV Cold & Monitor 39mth 12k /yr. I am also a VPP client. what should be a fair deal on a lease? i am in nyc. i also plan on rollin all fees and taxes except first payment and DMV.

Please help, i have been given different quotes and the run around by different dealers. i need some clarity. pleas help.

Thank you ahead of time.
    I wouldn't prepay the Sales Tax.
    I did that on the lease of my '09, which was totaled. I had a helluva time getting NMAC to reimburse me for the tax.

I did it AGAIN, with the 2010 I leased as a replacement, to keep pmt lower. Well, I was able to get into a new 2012 Max under the "move forward" program. So now I have 6 months of sales tax to try to get back. The sales tax is now included in my monthly payment amount.

Also if you should relocate to another state, You will be charged that States sales tax with your monthly payment as well.
  • Hi Car Man,

Do you have the new December numbers for 2012 SV Sport & Cold & Monitor, 39 months, 12 or 15k/yr. I am a VPP client and live in Columbus, Ohio. What incentives are currently being offered for my area?
This discussion has been closed.