Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• jgautreauxjgautreaux Member Posts: 3
    Looks like a good deal, however, I'm not the expert. Is this a 2006?
  • jgautreauxjgautreaux Member Posts: 3
    Was looking at the 06 Maxima SL (Rhode Island) but few available so the 07 caught my eye. Drove the SL with a base price of $34.4. How low do you think I can lease for? Do you think lease deals will get better this year. I don't want to be impulsive. thanks.
  • joep0000joep0000 Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone fill in the following info?
    Thanks

For August of 2007:

2007 Nissan Maxima SL

24 mo/15k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    36 mo/15k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    48 mo/15k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor

24 mo/12k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    36 mo/12k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    48 mo/12k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor

2007 Nissan Maxima SE

24 mo/15k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    36 mo/15k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    48 mo/15k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor

24 mo/12k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    36 mo/12k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
    48 mo/12k mi: Residual Value ??% – .????? Money Factor
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, cmsw03. I'm glad that you found the article so informative.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cmsw03. $500 over dealer invoice is a good price for this car. I would be happy to use Nissan's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be on it for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its actual selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jgautreaux. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Nissan Maxima SL with an MSRP of $33,400 and a selling price of $31,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $494. Let me know if you would like me to run a payment for a different term or mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jgautreaux. It is difficult to say what Nissan will do with its future lease programs, but I personally don't expect its lease program on the 2006 Maxima to get any better than it is right now. NMAC's buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of the '06 Maxima SE is currently .00004. It's about the same, .00006, for the '06 Maxima SL. This is about as close to an interest-free lease as one can get. If I personally was in the market to lease an '06 Maxima I would do so right now. As far as the '07 model goes, I would not be surprised if Nissan increased its support on it later on this year. As I said earlier it is difficult to say exactly what will happen for certain.

I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be like on any car that you are interested in. I just need you to provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the car that you want, tell me how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, joep0000. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Maxima SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00285 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00238 and 52%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00285 and 42%. NMAC's current lease program for the 2007 Maxima SE is exactly the same. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the 24 and 36 month residual values would be 1% higher and the 48 month residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lm_cincylm_cincy Member Posts: 11
    Car_man - can you help me?

I would like to know what the lease would be on a 2007 Maxima SL - MSRP is $33465 - selling price is $30,994 for 36 months / 12,000 miles per year.

What would monthly lease payment be if I put $1600 down (including T,T,T and first month payment)

Also, what would monthly lease payment be if I put $2000 down (including T,T,T and first month payment).

Thank you!!
  • shari44shari44 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease TWO 2006 Nissan Maxima SLs for 36 months and am in the process of getting quotes from two dealerships. Because I am leasing two and because we're at the model year end - how much should I expect to pay above invoice (before the 1500 cash back)? Also, I saw in another post that the current NMAC money factor is .00006 for the 2006 SL. How much is the residual? Also, besides the destination charge of $605 and the 7% sales tax for NJ, what other fees will I expect to pay?

Any help you could give would be appreciated. We are only looking to add two options - the driver preferred package and the sunroof.

Thanks,

Shari44
  • gperrgperr Member Posts: 157
    Car_man,

Hi. I saw your prior posts on the MF for '06 Maxima SE. But I did not see the numbers for the money factors. So can you please provide the MF for 24 and 36 months, 12k miles.

Also, is there an ending date for this program.

Thanks

Gregg
    I would be happy tot help you out, lm_cincy. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Nissan Maxima SL with an MSRP of $33,465 and a selling price of $30,994 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $485. With this lease you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit of $500, NMAC's $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees that you don't roll into your car's cap cost at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Shari44. If you are getting a really good deal on a car, it really doesn't matter how many you are buying to the dealer. The last thing that a dealer wants to do is to make a lower than average gross on two vehicles if they can help it. Unfortunately, the $1,500 customer cash that you mentioned in your post is not compatible with Nissan's special lease program. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 2006 Maxima right now, but this late in the model year I suspect that you should be able to get one for fairly close to dealer invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their Maximas lately: "Nissan Maxima: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Maxima SL with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 53%, respectively.

As far as what you will have to pay at lease signing goes, you will be charged this car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, NMAC's $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, Gregg. Through September 5th, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00004 and 63%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00004 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cbat1cbat1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have any info yet on the September residual/money factor for the '07 Maxima? I am interested in leasing an SE for 36 months/12,000 miles. Are they running any programs this month? Thanks in advance.
  • smaxadealersmaxadealer Member Posts: 1
    Do any of you know the current MF and Res. (36 mos. 12K)for the 07 Maxima SE?

I'm ready to lease and don't want to be ripped off.
  • bestdeal3bestdeal3 Member Posts: 11
    Dealer S.FL , 24mth lease, 10K, RES 69%, MF 0.00208, $474.- PLUS TAX. I don't think that's a good deal at all. Does anybody have any info for either 24 or 36 mth lease?
  • cheetaeyescheetaeyes Member Posts: 6
    Ok I just leased a '07 Maxima SL. 0 down for $350 a month. Thats with minimum negotiations. Their base model was going for $190, the SE I believe. Now I sure you know but you have to pay the 3T's. :shades:
  • bestdeal3bestdeal3 Member Posts: 11
    Cheeta, did you lease for 24 or 36mth, how many miles and does it incl tax?
    24 months, 15,000mi the quote is with a $3100 down for the TTT. through NMAC. Now I mst remind you that the actual amount came uo to be a little more cause the dealer didn't use NMAC in his quote for my payments, they used some no-frills financing company that as I stepped into to the finanacing guys office he starts to tell me that unless I want the most basic financing with minimum protection then I had beeter choose NMAC. So it went up another 50 bucks. Good to know when you try to get yours if you make sure that the quote you are getting is from NMAC or another good financing company (e.g. one that offers additional insurance I can't remember the name right now, but NMAC also pays the first $500 for any body damage to your car upon its return, there's some other goodies that they offer) I only had those options, you might have more. Best to ask the dealer before you get to the real salseman "the financing guy".
    Here you go, cbat1. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Maxima SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 57%, respectively. NMAC's 24 month lease program for this car is more attractive at .00193 and 68%, so you may want to consider going that route.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi smaxadealer. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dj2006dj2006 Member Posts: 105
    Does any one know the NMAC Residuals and MF on a 2006 SE? 12 Month and 24 Month with 12000 miles per year.

Thanks
    DJ
  • bargerebargere Member Posts: 2
    First time I have Leased a car, need help determining if it is a fair deal. MSRP is 34915; Sell price was 31165; Tax of 1000.87, plus $299 processing fee, plus 34.50 CarTag exchange; less $3000 for my trade end, giving a final price of $ 29500. Lease deal is $519.73 for 35 months no money down, 12K miles per year and includes the $468 prepaid oil change service every 3750 miles. He spoke of a "residual value of $19901 at the end of 36 months; is that the same as the "buy-out" price? when I add the monthly lease costs 519.73 times 36 months I get 18710.28 and this to the residual brings a total of $38611.28 which is 3696 above MSRP for the 36 month period -- Is that good or bad. I have no way of gauging it. Sounds expensive; so what is that in equivalent in Interest rate? I don't under stand how money factor is suppose to work; or what the residuals should be; don't want to be duped by my ignorance. Thank You
  • ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    Run - don't walk - away from this dealer, he is a crook.

First off: $468 for oil changes? You'll have the car for 36K miles. At 3750 miles intervals that is 9 oil changes. 468/9 is $52 an oil change!! YIKES!!

Second: When you lease, sales tax of $1000.87 is irrelevant. You only pay sales tax on your lease payments, not on the full price of the car. Sounds like the dealer added the sales tax of the whole price into your lease calculation = RIP OFF, RIP OFF, RIP OFF!!!!

Third: $299 Processing fee? HUH? That is a junk fee that you should never pay. Again RIP OFF artist.

Plugging in the numbers your money factor is about .0052 which translated into a 13% interest rate. Like I said, run, don't walk away from this dealer.

Third:
  • bargerebargere Member Posts: 2
    Thank You; my gut told me it was not right; and now you have confirmed it. I was able to walk away from the lease. Based on what you have told me I should distance myself from the whole dealership. Their finance person asked me why I decided against going with the lease. I said it just didn't feel right as the sale price we had negotiated for the car never showed up in his lease calculation; in fact I would be paying nearly $4,000 more than MSRP; so, it just didn't seem right -- left it there. Bet I ruined his Christmas bonus, huh?
  • cand1unccand1unc Member Posts: 26
    I was wondering if any1 had the correct lease numbers for any 07 maxima deals yet....Also I was wondering what Nissan's financial company's tier credit system.

Does any1 know the scores for Tier 0,1??
  • michele302michele302 Member Posts: 8
    Hi. I live in Southern New Jersey and received the following from my dealer and I was wondering if you could help and let me know whether this is a good or bad deal. The only question I forgot to ask was the sale price. 2007 Maxima SL with 15k miles, Navigation, Driver Preferred Pkg, VDC - 24 month lease $548 mo. pymt. with $0 down. MF is .001850 and Residual of $23,742.

Thank you!
    If I remembered correct it was around 33k. Dude that seems pretty high, are you financing with NMAC, I didn't get the navigation package but everything else and I aid $320, negotiate or go to Bay Ridge Nissan website and look at the advertisement, it's for the SE but you get an idea. I think they are leasing the base model for like $190, so I could understand doubling they are located in BKLYN NY it maybe for the top of the line but not almost 3 times. But I am just speculating I am not familiar with your area in NJ
    Cheetaeyes - thanks. I thought it seemed high, but am not familiar with 24 month leases. My current lease {which is my 1st lease} is an '04 SL fully loaded w/Nav and it's 39 months @ $485 p/mo, which includes 15k miles, an addit. warranty and and upgraded Svs. I know all off the lease deals that I have seen are all for SE models. I have another dealer giving me some #'s today and will see what he comes in with. BTW, I am close to Philly if that helpe.

Thanks again!
  • newmaxsenewmaxse Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a new 2007 Maxima SE. I'm posting this as a reference for those of you who are still shopping around and looking for a good deal, also curious to see if you think I got a good deal or not. The terms are as follows; 2007 maxima SE/Black exterior/Black leather interior/Navigation (and power sunroof)/Driver Preferred Package (which includes Premium Audio Pkg and Sensory Pkg.)/VDC and full size spare/Splash Guards and Carpeted Mats/Blue tooth. Basically, the only options I didn't get were the Elite Pkg, satellite radio, and the 5 spoke chrome wheels. My lease is for 24 months/15,000 miles per month/$2000 down flat (this includes first months payment)/$415 per month. I also got a year free oil change. I did not have to put the $2000 down, but had I not, my payments would have obviously been higher. I live in Bergen County, and I got this from a dealership in Hackensack, NJ.
    I think I got a good deal- please let me know what you think.
  • elsiesmomelsiesmom Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 truck that is paid for. I am looking about getting another truck and am considering leasing it. Does anyone know how a dealership will value my 2005 truck on a new lease ?
  • bellorushabellorusha Member Posts: 10
    $320 and how much is down and fees? did you take driver prefered package and SE model?

BayRidge gave me $321/month, $2K down, and $1300 b/s fees. it is not a good deal, right?
    Newmaxse - do you mind letting me know which dealership you went to - it's a trip for me, but not mind making it if the numbers work. Thanks!
    Not totally sure. I assume that they would just put the value of you trade towards the total cost of the lease which would lower your monthly payment. But This is just me thinking off the top. Keep inquiring.
    Bay Ridge Nissan
  • keithandkeithand Member Posts: 10
    Picked up my new 07 Precision Gray/Charcoal SE last Thursday. Shopped 300C, STS and CTS and decided Maxima was the best and most optioned of the bunch.

MSRP was $33,625 with Driver Preferred, Glass Sunroof, Mats and Guards.

Lease is for 24/12k miles and monthly payment is $395.00 including tax and only the 1st payment up front. They even ended up paying for a new plate since my current lease car is not up until mid Nov.

Even though it is parked for now I really like the blue tooth, power fold in mirrors and parktronic bumper. Heated steering wheel may not be used much here in FL but still should be nice.

Wanted to buy American but got a heck of a lot more car for a lot less $$ in lease payment since others mentioned were way North of $600.00 a month
    Here is the information that you are looking for, DJ. Nissan Motor acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Maxima SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00042 and 52%, respectively. I don't believe that Nissan is currently offering a 12 month lease on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome bargere. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The fact that you know both the MSRP and selling price of this car means that you are doing an excellent job in your negotiations. Many consumers who have never leased before only focus on their monthly payment and don't even bother to find out how much they are being charged for their vehicle. I am a little confused about exactly which Maxima you are getting though. Nissan offers two trim levers of this car, the SE and SL. You described the car that you want as an SLE. Which one did you mean? I need to know because their lease programs are different. Even without knowing exactly which model you want I can tell you that the price that you were quoted looks attractive to me. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Nissan Maxima: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

I see that you are considering trading your current vehicle in on your leased Maxima. There's nothing wrong with trading vehicles in when leasing. However, it is in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I say this mainly because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears.

Yes, the residual value that you were quoted is the same as this car's lease-end purchase price.

The monthly payment that you were quoted looks a little high to me. Without taking the $3,000 from your trade into account, I estimate that a 2007 Nissan Maxima SE with an MSRP of $34,915 and a selling price of $31,165 should have a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $459. With the $3,000 from your trade, this payment would drop to around $367. With these deals you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, and NMAC's $550 acquisition fee at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cand1unc. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact credit score that NMAC requires consumers to have to qualify for its best lease money factors. I can tell you what its current lease program is like though. In order for me to do so I need you to tell me whether you want a Maxima SE or SL, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi elsiesmom. You can trade in your current truck when leasing a new one. If you decide to trade your current vehicle in, it is in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles. the main reason that I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, any down payment that you made on it essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • pathynewbiepathynewbie Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I want to lease a 06 or 07 Pathfinder LE with NAV and XM radio. I built it and it priced out at $38,800. I have NO clue what to offer the dealer. I am soooo confused about haggling. Can anyone help?
    Welcome pathynewbie. This particular discussion is for community members who are interested in discussing leasing a Nissan Maxima. Please post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Pathfinder in the following discussion: "Nissan Pathfinder: Lease Questions". Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cand1unccand1unc Member Posts: 26
    intrested in the SE or SL either one...the msrp for both would be around 34K and they are selling me invoice for the car but payments are very high for 12K miles year////i want either 12 or 15k miles a year and a lease for 24 months
    Thanks for the additional information, cand1unc. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Maxima SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00124 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Maxima SL are .00152 and 67%. If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • es_car3es_car3 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man! What's the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease Money Factor and Residual Value for(1) a 36-month lease of a 2007 Maxima 3.5 SE, 12,000 miles; and (2) a 39-month lease of a 2007 Maxima 3.5 SE also 12,000 miles? Thanks so much!
  • sixspeed1sixspeed1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. negotiates the price of buying a leased car at the end of the lease?
  • breaks911breaks911 Member Posts: 1
    Good evening, Car_man. I'm also interested in the 2007 SE 36mo 12k miles MF and Residual. Is the year-end event bringing additional leasing deals as well? Thanks!
    Ryan
  • tomaxtomax Member Posts: 37
    Leased a 2007 Maxima for 24 months, 12K miles. Car list was 33105 + destination 500. Got 2500 for trade (later upped to 3000) and got payments down to 205 by putting in another $5000. I now notice lease did not go through Nissan Motor and wondering why and what else.

How is this deal?
  • tomaxtomax Member Posts: 37
    Fyi,

It is Nissan/NILT financing
This discussion has been closed.