Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• gluzgluz Member Posts: 10
    I decided to pull the trigger on the Maxima.

Dealer agreed to knock off 5350 off MSRP on the lease price(39380).
    They were selling maximas for 5500 off msrp but not for lease deals
    Had to work on it.

Here are the details.

2010 Maxima SV with Premium, Technology, Floor mats and Splash guards

MSRP: 39330
    Invoice: 35792
    Agreed Price 33890(included 500 dealer cap cost reduction)
    Down Payment: 3000
    Monthly Payment: 354.35 plus 32.78 tax=387.13
    Term: 36 months with 12K per year
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey kerb. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Maxima SV with 12,000 miles per year are .00105 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00105 and 55%.

I believe that Nissan is currently providing a total of $1,500 in cash incentives on leases of this car in your area right now.

I don't believe that NMAC offers 10,000 mile per year leases on Nissan division vehicles. If it does, its residual values for them would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Excellent. Thanks for your help!!!
  • nickdetomasonickdetomaso Member Posts: 12
    Thanks, Car_man!

Are the residuals the same for the SV with Sport & Tech Packages?

If not, please provide the residual percentages for 12/36 and 12/39. Thanks!
    You're very welcome, kerb.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem nickdetomaso. The Maxima's money factors are the same for all of the packages that you mentioned. The SV with Sport residual values are exactly the same as the base model's residuals. The SV Tech's resids are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • tdubs2tdubs2 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    Carman,

The money factor I received on a 2010 Maxima S lease is at 0.00257 through 3/31/10 and I see responses above for money factor at 0.00105. This is for a 39 month lease through NMAC. Am I getting ripped off here? They are giving me the $1500 rebate and $1,000 toyota owner cash incentive.

Also can the acquisition fee of $495 be waived by dealers?

Thanks,
    tdubs2
    Hi tdubs2. The money factors that you see mentioned here in the forums are usually for consumers who qualify for banks' top credit tiers. If your credit is less than perfect then you might now qualify for the best available money factors. Either that or the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark up NMAC's buy rate to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal.

If I was in your situation, I'd either ask the dealer that I was working with why I wasn't quoted the best available money factor or comparison shop with a different dealer to see if they would be willing to lease me a Maxima using the lowest available factor.

NMAC charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the ability to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into your car's capitalized cost to make it part of your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman.

I have a 750-800 credit score so it definitely seems like a dealer mark-up to me on the money factor.

Also, I already have a NMAC bank fee of $895 assessed on top of the $495 acquisition fee. Is this another double-dipping by the dealer?

Tdubs2
  • number1leasingnumber1leasing Member Posts: 18
    sounds like it, theres only 1 acq/bank fee and its $595 for nissan.
  • superbsuperb Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

So glad to have a forum like this. This is my first time possibly leasing a vehicle, so I am new to the world of money factors and residual values. I think I've got the concept of residual value down, but the money factor is still new to me.

Anywho, I went to a local Nissan dealer in Orlando, FL. First visit, drove a Maxima S, nice vehicle. Begin to negotiate with the salesman and general manager. After about 45 minutes, they gave us this offer:

2010 Nissan Maxima S
    -Top Tier Credit Rating
    -56% residual value
    -36/12k
    -$310/mo + Taxes
    -First month's payment and Tag fees up front. (About $700+/-)
    -I exited the building....

I feel like they can go lower. I didn't mention any dealer cash back incentives.

Is my gut feeling right, or is this a pretty good deal? What should I use as my next negotiating tactic?
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    That is a superb deal. Take it and run...
  • ryguyrrs7ryguyrrs7 Member Posts: 2
    Just closed a deal this past Tuesday, it goes as follows:
    2010 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV W/ Premium & Tech Package (Super Black on Charcoal)

MSRP $39,870
    Sell Price: $34,500
    Cap Cost: $1,500
    They pay my remaining BMW lease payments
    Total OTD: $2,800 (cap cost, I'm paying taxes up front, but they have to be subsidizing part of that cost, because my 1st quote was with 4,900 down and that was taxes, 1st month payment, fees,etc)
    Monthly Payment: $399 (no tax, paid up front)
    Term: 39 Months
    Miles: 15,000/year
    Residual: 56%

I'm am pretty excited about this deal, the only thing I didn't have disclosed was the Money Factor, but from checking it against most of the deals posted on here, I'm very satisfied. I pickup Monday!
  • ogstewogstew Member Posts: 12
    I got the same deal putting down 1k and 1st month payment of 395. 39870 was the MSRP, tech and sports pckge, crimson black
  • lorjas2klorjas2k Member Posts: 5
    Here is the best offer I have gotten so far. Is this any good?

2010 Maxima SV Sport w/ Technology package

$432 / month
    39 months
    12,000 miles
    $600 out of pocket
  • sweetdeesweetdee Member Posts: 2
    I am turning in lease of a 2006 Murano
    -I owe $962 for "wear & tear"

I was offered a 2010 Maxima 3.5 SV MSRP:$34,250.00
    Dealer will waive the entire $962

Down payment of $2,000
    39 months
    12,000 miles
    $375 per month

Is this a good deal?
  • sweetdeesweetdee Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention that I am in California
    Hi tdubs2. You should easily qualify for NMAC's best available money factors. I just looked into it for you and all it takes is a credit score of 690 or higher. Also, NMAC charges an acquisition fee of $595 on all leases, that's it. The combined $1,390 in fees that the dealer is trying to slip past you is way too much.

I personally would be turned off by these tactics and likely would look for a different dealer to work with.

Car_man
    Host
  • dramashleydramashley Member Posts: 2
    I did my research so I think I got a great deal. I hope you all agree:

Nissan Maxima 2010
    MSRP: $31,530
    Dealer incentives: $1500 and $500 coupon
    0 out of pocket
    $339 per month inclusive of taxes

Doesn't really have any extra features but it's pretty well equipped at the base model,

I live in Palm Beach, FL

Do you agree or should I have buyer's remorse?
    Car man,

Thanks for following up for me.

I ended up getting the 2010 Maxima S with a $31,530 MSRP for roughly $300/month (39 months lease/39k miles). The monthly payments include taxes rolled in, only one $595 NMAC bank fee and reg fees.

57% residual
    0.00167 money factor (I know, still more than the 0.00105)
    Overall price was pretty good so I took it.

Tdubs2
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2010
    You got a lot of car for much less that some of the other brands! I don't think you could have gotten a lesser model like the Accord for that money with the same equipment. You'll like the standard features and the great design. This is one vehicle that looks like just what it is..a Maxima. I like the lazy W hood design that can be seen from the passenger compartment and others also comment on this when they ride in it the first time. Incidently, if you keep your foot out of it, the mileage ins't half bad either. I'm getting 27 MPG with only 500 miles on the odometer.Good luck!
    You're very welcome, tdubs2. Even though you were charged a higher money factor, this still is a very attractive payment for an outstanding car. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • fez3fez3 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man
    I have contacted the dealer in Raleigh, NC (Southern States Nissan) and they are giving me a quote for Maxima base model as follows:

MSRP: 31,530
    Selling Price: Dealer wouldn't say, just saying that its near invoice
    Monthly payment: $350 / 39 months (all the additional costs rolled in)
    Due at signing: $500
    Residual: 57%
    MF: 0.00167

According to my calculation, something is not right about the numbers he gave me. what you think?
    Did I just get a really good deal or what? I subscribe to this thread and every time I check a response, someone is getting a high quote. Im at 395ish for an SV tech and sports pkg, 39mths/15k miles...1k down plus first payment.
    Hi fez3. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted look good. A selling price of near dealer invoice is a good deal for a lease of this car in your area as well, though I personally would want to know exactly what I was being charged before I pulled the trigger on a deal.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car using a dealer discount of say $3,000 and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Nissan Maxima that has an MSRP of $31,530, a selling price of $29,030, a money factor of .00167, and a residual value of 57% right now for 36 months, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $349.

This looks like a good deal to me. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • nissantj56nissantj56 Member Posts: 1
    Heys guys..i am completely new to the concept of leasing. I have decided that in my situation i should lease rather than buy. I just want some feed back on if i am getting a good deal or not.

2010 Nissan SV Sport.
    MSRP: (give or take) $37,000
    about 650-675 credit score
    $3000 down
    36 months/15,000 miles
    375-425 per month (based on credit approval)

Is this a good deal? if not what would be a resonable deal on that car?
  • laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    2010 MAXIMA 3.5 SV, Premium, Premium Tech
    $0 cash down
    36 months X $512.52 with tax and license included

Dealer says it is 200.00 invoice which would be $35,582.00

Input appreciated.
  • johnct2004johnct2004 Member Posts: 2
    If I want to lease a Maxima I know that Nissan typically favors 36mon leases. I want to have 15k miles per year which would put me over the factory warranty. Does Nissan offer a short extended warranty to cover the additional 9k miles or would I be better off looking at a 2 year 30k mile lease?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    You really just have to take your chances.. The terms for the 24 month leases are not good.

The key is to lease a fairly reliable car.. I'd say the Maxima qualifies.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• johnman222johnman222 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I was offered a lease on a dealer's demo 2010 maxima sv tech package/navigation (not premium package) with 2k miles on it for $1k down and $400/month including taxes. 12k year miles, 39 month lease. Live in NJ. Good deal?
    Hi johnman222. You really need to find out what this car's MSRP and selling price are. Without these numbers it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given.

The problem that I have with demo vehicles is that I usually find that dealers are not willing to discount what essentially is a low mileage used vehicle enough for me to justify purchasing one over an equivalent brand new car.

Let us know what this car's prices are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • boccmanboccman Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2010
    Offered a Lease on the 2010 Nissan Maxima S

No leather, no GPS, No spoiler. Pretty much bare-bones model. But a beautiful car nonetheless.

MSRP 31,600

After 3,000 down, the monthly payments including taxes will be $339.00. I feel like I can go lower but they insist that "This is a Maxima" and they can not go any lower.

I have yet to go to other dealerships to get another quote but looking at all of these helpful posts, it seems like for an extra 20-30$ a month I can easily get a nicer package or even the SV model.

Any thoughts Carman??
    Take that number and go to 3-4 more dealers. For 60 more a month I got an MSRP Maxima of 39890, 1k and first payment down......they can do better, don't settle.
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    looking for a 3.5 SV (no other packages).

12k/36 months
    15k/36 months

Can the $1250 be combined with the $500??

Thanks everyone.
    You should be able to do much better. I got $300 per month, 39 months, no money down. Includes taxes and fees on a Maxima S...bare bones.
  • joni_m80joni_m80 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    Hi:

Please let me know if you think this is a good deal:

2010 Maxima SV-Premium Package (no tech)
    MSRP: $37,850
    Negotiated Price: $32,790
    Money Factor: .00105
    Residual: 54%
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 15,000
    Down Payment: $2000.00 (includes 1st month/taxes/fees)(all but DMV)

Monthly Payment: $375

All comments are appricated.
    Thanks
    Car Man any thoughts?
  • toddh3toddh3 Member Posts: 16
    To give you a clue, I leased a 2009 SV with premium with negotiated price of $31,856 for 36 months with $1500 down (including first month of course) for $402.77 per month.

My gut feeling is you have wiggle room with your dealership. Good Luck!
    How was the 2009 lease terms compared to the 2010? It appears you are paying 27 dollars more per month for 500 dollars less down on a 36 month instead of 39 month lease.

Thanks for your imput
    Final offer was 365 on the above mentioned car. Don't know where the ten dollars came off of. Thoughts?

Thanks.
    Hey tonystarks22. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value or a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Maxima 3.5 SV with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 55%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

The only cash incentive that Nissan is still providing leases of the '10 Altima is $500 dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • asdfghjklasdfghjkl Member Posts: 4
    I just got quoted $500 total out of pocket at signing (including the first payment, tax, title and plates) and $310 a month (inclusive of tax) for the bare-bones Maxima S. Bare bones mind you includes moonroof, bluetooth, 6-disc changer. But the stipulation was that I had to get the car this weekend because of the incentives.

Any thoughts? I'm in Michigan btw.
  • aaa111aaa111 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up a Sport / Tech ($39080 MSRP) on a lease deal. $0 out of pocket with tax included on a 39-month, 12K per year lease: $450 per month. I know I got an excellent deal because 3 other dealers in the area couldn't do it. Got the crimson black. It is sweet - looks like "black cherry" - appears black but is a deep red when sunlight shines on it. I love the car. I had the previous model and this car is a tremendous upgrade in every respect. The increase in power is substantial and the ride and operation are much smoother. Materials are of much better quality - especially the soft leather seats! The Nav and back up camera are awesome. This car is well worth the money especially if you get the deals that are currently being offered. Good luck!
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    What City R U in and which dealer? Nothing like a great car and great deal.
    Car_man, I was wondering if you could shed some insight on whether or not I got a good deal on my Maxima S (bare-bone model). I just picked up the car yesterday in Michigan for $310 a month (inclusive of tax) and $500 total out of pocket (including the first month, tax and title). Here are the numbers I have on my lease agreement:

MSRP: $31,670
    Money Factor 0.00140
    Negotiated price of car: $26,630.45 (after all incentives and rebates)
    Residual: 56%

I felt like I should have been a little tougher in negotiating the price but the sales manager would not budge below $310 as he attested that it was his "rock bottom price." He started at $330 a month and I was able to talk it down to $310 without much effort, but he would not go down beyond that. Based on your experience and what you have seen in these forums did I get a killer deal or could I have done better? :confuse:

Thanks
  • aaa111aaa111 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Orlando and got the deal at Reed Nissan on West Colonial. They are the only dealership worth dealing with. I got a bunch of BS at the others. Right now you can get a very good deal because of the extra $1K Nissan is throwing in for the Tent Event. Good luck!
  • sweeney4sweeney4 Member Posts: 17
    I just leased a Nissan Maxima SV with no money down except for first payment and MV Fees for :

$329 Per Month.
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    IN what city?
  • gperrgperr Member Posts: 157
    Car_man,

Can you please provide the June Residual and MF for 2010 Maxima SV w/premium package (not sure if the premium package changes the rates or not) for 36 months, 12k miles per year. What effect does 39 months or 10k miles make on the rates.

thanks a million!!!!

gperr
    That is an amazing price. Did you pay anything at signing? What state are you in?
This discussion has been closed.