Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Maxima Lease Questions

Comments

• azax456azax456 Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2010
    I don't know what my problem is. Four different, independent dealers in Phoenix have told me there is only $1000 in bonus cash available for leases right now. I think the reason your payment is so low is because all of your fee's are missing. With the acquisition, lease inception, registration, tax, document fee and all that jazz that jumps the price, at least in the deals they are offering me. How did you avoid all that?

The latest deal I have been offered has a residual value of $21,972 (few hundred difference from yours), MF .001, plus fee's and tax with not a PENNY down were at $493.40 I am really confused and can't figure out how there is such a difference in monthly payments.

Did you actually close this deal? If so I would be incredibly grateful if you posted a total breakdown of the lease and all monies involved. Dealer said if I could show them a solid, legitimate deal someone else got they would take a strong look at it and see how close they can get.

Thank you in advance!!
  • mook12mook12 Member Posts: 61
    hey azax456 i got one offer for $426 a month with $2000 out of pocket but what i dont understand is he showed me on his computer the negotiated price for the maxima sv at $30000 and the residual was .55 and the payments are high. why is that are they hiding other figures i dont know also the s was $10 LESS than a month and he said he was taking a hit of negative $745 on the deal does any of this make sense
  • asd302asd302 Member Posts: 65
    Hey guys I picked up the maxima yesterday the deal went down almost exactly like I posted earlier:

MSRP $39950
    Base cap $34650
    Rebates -$2250
    ADJ CAP $32400
    residual 54% $21573
    MF .00100
    39mo/15k
    9% pa lease tax
    Payment is $363 tax in, with $600 due at signing

They did try to say that they messed up and it should have only been $2000 in rebates, but they split it in the end. Ended up being $687 out of pocket and payment of $368 including tax. Unfortunately I drove the car home and then left on business so I dont have any impressions yet really
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    edited June 2010
    That's an awesome lease payment for those terms on a $40K car..

The Maxima is just about the best deal going in leasing, right now..

Congratulations!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Agreed. These deals only happen every once in a while and I doubt it will happen again for the Maxima.
    ok the best deal i got from 6 different dealers is the following. $339 monthly with $2000 out of pocket including ny tax and they are paying $2735 that i still owe on my altima. i dont know the residual or money factor but its based on tier 1 credit which i have. can anyone figure out if I am paying to much. oh the maxima s basic options is the car i am looking at
    Hi Carman, can you let me know if my deal sounds right. The selling price is unknown as is the money factor or residual they told me the remainder of my payments would be paid about $2500 and i would be leasing a 10 max s with 12000 miles 39 months for 339 a month and 2000 out of pocket. the other dealers wanted more
  • sandianasandiana Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2010
    Hi, just noticed no one had replied to you yet, so thought I'd give my two cents. The payment doesn't sound bad, but ... you have every right to know what price you're paying, as well as your money factor and residual. Personally, there's no way I'd make a deal without knowing that, as it seems impossible to determine whether or not you are getting a really good deal. Before I made my deal, I negotiated the best price I could get if I were BUYING the car (then deduct the rebates afterward). Then, I had them run the numbers based on that exact same purchase price, but as a lease. That way I was more confident in the lease deal I ended up with. Good luck!
    thank you for replying Sandiana. I appreciate your feedback. I am going to one more dealer tomorrow and will ask them to break it down for me. I could wait till december when my lease almosts ends but who knows what incentives there will be but i was also looking at getting an accord which would be cheaper but the maxima is a much nicer ride
    oh one more thing what would you say is a great sale price for the maxima s to negotiate them down to. the msrp is a little over $30000 and invoice is like $29000 or so. if i can get them to 28000 or even 27000 is that really good
    edited July 2010
    I got mine for $712 under invoice before rebates -- so, $2,712 below invoice when all was said & done -- and was happy with that. If you can get even more off before they deduct the rebates, I'd say that's awesome! (I live in the Chicago suburbs and price-shopped at least 5-6 dealers, and this was the best price I could get.)

Oh, and here's my two cents again ... the Maxima is SO fun to drive (have had mine for less than 2 weeks so far and think it's an absolute blast to drive), that my guess is that once you drive them both you won't even seriously consider the Accord :o)

This site may be helpful, you can put in your zip code and see what people in your area have supposedly paid: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Nissan_Maxima/prices/
    ok guys just got back from dealer i brought them a ad for a 10 maxima s $219 month with just taxes dmv and plate fees nothing else. i owe $2500 on my lease of which they will pay and that brought it up to $290 with 1700 out of pocketand 12000miles to cover taxes and dmv plates. They waived the destination and dealer prep because it was 2800 down but i got them to drop it. now it sounds good right? but he told me that this is a special program and in the fine print it say primary dealer financed meaning nmac but he said it first has to go through the secondary leasing company to get the good deal and then it would be switched to nmac however i have not spoken to financial manager and will meet tomorrow. I am afraid they will tell me to stay with the secondary or pay more to get nmac they like to up the price. what do you guys think? i was paying 279 a month for my base altima with $700 out of pocket now i am getting a more expensive car and paying $11 more with $1700 out of pocket so it sounds good but what are the cons if i have to go with a secondary leasing company
  • bdworkinbdworkin Member Posts: 3
    I was looking at the Mazda 6 for my wife. She went to see it again and did not like it. She had been in my buddy's Maxima and really liked it. Went to his dealer and was looking at a 2010 Maxima SV with Monitor and Cold package. We wanted a 39 month lease with 12,000 miles a year. Of course she wanted Ocean Gray which they did not have. They did locate it with a spoiler which she likes. The lease is nothing out of pocket, sign and drive at $458 per month. Supposed to pick it up tomorrow. So far so good.
  • carzcarz Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2010
    I got a call from my Nissan dealer in NYC about getting out of my lease early. I had 4 payments left on my 6th Maxima an 07 SE. My lease payment was $409.00 had everything but GPS. The payment included all fee's and taxes. Nissan has a program called Pull a Head. This program is for people whose lease becomes due by the end of January 2011. Nissan will waive 3 of the payments, so for me this was perfect.

I went to the dealer today and ended up with a new Max SV lease, 39 months, 12,000 miles. My payments will be $331.00+$500 down (lease payments include all taxes and fees) NMAC waives 3 and dealer pays 1 of my 4 payments. Will find out tomorrow what color I end up with, Blk, Crimson Blk or Ocean Gray. I was stunned that 3 years later I could pay $78.00 less for a well equipped SV. I could of had the SV w/ Sport Pkg (Crimson Blk, sticker $36,500) for $343.00+$500 down. In the end the SV was fine. It seems that Nissan is offering all sorts of July 4th lease incentives to the dealers till tomorrow July 6. Timing was everything in this case. The car is configured as:
    Max SV $35,280
    Cold Pkg
    Spoiler
    Floor Mats
    Mud guards
  • dougmattdougmatt Member Posts: 3
    Hit 2 dealers north of NYC today to lease an SV with cold package. 1st one $419 with 1st month payment down. 2nd dealer $402 with $0 down with spoiler added. Got offered a purchase price of $30700 and 0% for 60 months. Unfortunately it's just too big of a nut to crack for me right now.
    hey carz i tried calling nmac to see if i qualify and i missed the pull ahead program by a month it ends in january but i also got screwed by the dealership. the salesman tells me i would get a maxima s for $290 $1800 out of pocket but as soon as i met with finance manager things changed to $320 a month with nmac or $290 with a secondary bank but i dont trust the secondary bank plus my insurance will go up. I thought i would get the deal with nmac so i walked out. it was the best offer out of 6 dealers but i think i will wait till my lease is up by then i should get it for under $300 with minimal down
    edited July 2010
    I just got an SV on July 5th, with the Cold Pkg, Spoiler, Floor mats, Splash Guards, for $331.00 + $500.00 down. The dealer is in Queens, NY. Nissan is offering hugh leasing incentives and I hear they are extending them till the end of July. They were suppose to end July 6th and were originally offered for the July 4 weekend.
    edited July 2010
    The Pull Ahead program is now in place. I took advantage of it. This is how it works, if your lease is up by the end of January 2011, NMAC will pay 3 of your lease payments, you pay the rest and you are out of your lease. You have to re-up with Nissan to get this. I had 4 payments, NMAC waived 3 the dealer paid off the the 4th. With the heavy lease incentives in place the deals are out there. I could of had the SV with Sports Pkg, Spoiler, Mats and Spalsh Guards for $343.00 + $500.00 down, but decided to stay with the SV, Spoiler, Mats and Splash Guards for $331.00+$500.00. I thought the ride of 19" wheels on the Sport pkg was a little rough and concerned I would dent them on the NYC streets. The 18" wheels worked for me.
    Got an SV with Cold pkg, Monitor pkg, mats, splash guards and emergency kit with 15k miles per year for $365 with $0 down right at the end of the day on July 6. My target was $350 but couldn't get there. I think I could have gotten there with some more work but was just tired of the whole process coupled with the fact that someone ran into my 05 Max that morning and it has to go into the body shop I gave up and took their offer.
    edited July 2010
    Let me be the first to tell you that you got a great deal. Mine is equipped the same (minus emergency kit) and I put down $3K ... my payment is $315 @ 15K miles. Assuming you didn't pay them a penny out of pocket for tax, fees, etc. at signing, you came out around $1,000 less than me. Good for you!
  • jimmyboy24jimmyboy24 Member Posts: 2
    Hi this is my first time posting. I haves deal I am supposed to take tomorrow and want to know what you think: it is for a black on black 2010 maxima sv with premium package, tech package,navigation package. It is a lease for 39 months with 15k miles a year allowed. I have to put 4000 down and that covers everything except 150 DMV fee. And my monthly payments are $285 a month. Is that good? Please reply as soon as possible since I don't have much time. Thank you!!
    Sounds like a very good deal to me :o)
  • fsrtwofsrtwo Member Posts: 12
    Does anybody know the lease rates, money factor, & rebates for a 2010 Maxima?
    I just paid the 1st month's payment and DMV fees( around $180 here in NY) at delivery.
    The 285 per month does sound good especially for a fully loaded maxima but I would not put down 4000 because if it gets into a accident or stolen you lose your 4000 and start from scratch I rather pay a little more per month. Does anybody know if leasing through secondary bank is a bad idea and reasons why. It seems like I could get a great deal on a maxima s base but I am a little hesitant
    Can anyone tell me whether I should pull the trigger on this deal. After going to several dealers this dealer in nj gave me the best deal on a 10 maxima s. I have a lease with 8 payments left they will pay off and with $1700 out of pocket including taxes fees and everything else with a $309 monthly payment. 39 months couldnt get 36. I dont know the residual money factor or selling price and honestly all 5 dealers i went to either play dumb when i inquire or just wont give me those numbers so i cant figure out how everybody is getting them and i do ask for them
    Without knowing the MSRP, I think it'll be hard for anyone to determine whether or not this is a good deal. Also, you have every right to know the price of the car, the residual value & your money factor. Personally, there's no way I'd make a deal without knowing all of those numbers.
    I'm going down tomorrow to get the info but the msrp is a little over 31000 on the max s. Now the same dealer wanted 339 a month with $2500 down a month ago and they called me to tell me about lowering the price which is a lot better. I have looked at a lot of posts and nobody has gotten the maxima for under $300 and I'm at $309 so its gotta be a good deal
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    mook12,

I would ask the dealer to email you their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that will tell you everything you want to know and, then, some. The beauty of this document is that it doesn't lie. There is absolutely no reason for the dealer to refuse to provide this doc. If they do, run; don't walk.

If you like, you can email me this document at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

John
    ok thank you delta737h i will ask them to email the lease worksheet today and get back to you.
    well, they refused to email the lease sheet so i refused to do the deal. thanks to everyone for helping me and I believe if i wait for my 8 months to be over i might get a little better of a deal. there has to be a way to get a basic maxima for under $300 with $1000 - $1500 out of pocket. I am close to this number now but they are rolling over 5 of 8 payments and nmac is eating up the remainding 3 so patience is going to be my virtue. thanks again everybody and enjoy your maxima's
  • gtraubgtraub Member Posts: 15
    Looking for the current money factors, residual with 15k miles, etc. for a 2010 maxima premium+ tech package in FL.

Thanks in advance!
  • paulmaia684paulmaia684 Member Posts: 1
    can you tell me what dealer in Queens please??
  • mezomezo Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2010
    i just wanna thank you guys for ur help i just signed for my 2010 maxima, Sports+technology. thats with every option out there msrp 39320. leased it for 39 mo 15k/yr $375 tax included. i live in michigan
    Hi Mezo - How much did you put down to get tot that monthly payment?

Thanks.
    $0 just paid first month pmt and registeration fees etc.. came up to $605
  • gs42gs42 Member Posts: 54
    Excellent deal. What is the residual buyout at the end, please?
    Wow! I am in active negotiations on that exact car right now. Would you mind providing some numbers, such as residual amount, money factor, MSRP, selling price, rebates, dealer options, tax etc... Feel free to email me at azax456 @ yahoo.com

Dealer said if I can bring them some numbers of a deal someone else got they will do everything they can to match it. Thank you!!!!!!
    edited July 2010
    MSRP 39320
    Purchase Price (negociated Price) 35198.02
    Cap Cost Reduction:3048.44
    Rebates: 3000
    Cash to Be paid:604.33
    Residual Value/buy out:20007.30
    39 mo 15K/yr
    375.84 monthly Payment
    wow great deal i got a deal pending for a maxima s. its $300 per month with $1700 out of pocket and they are rolling about $2000 into the payment cause i am turning my altima in early. would you guys do this deal. the dealership said they are taking a loss and i am getting the car below dealer cost but i dont believe it
    how early r u turning in ur altima? cuz i know that nissan waives the last 4 pmts... whats the msrp for the one ur gettin?
  • vchadvchad Member Posts: 97
    Mezo,

would you mind please sharing where you got this deal?!! I live in Ann arbor, MI and am looking for the same EXACT car for the wife. I just was literally about to send some emails to dealers tonight. I sincerely would appreciate your help!

also if you could share the MF, Residual.
    Mezo - The purchase price is invoice, thats fair.

- How did you get cap cost reduction without putting money down? That is usually security deposits people put down to lower the price of the car and monthly payments. Did you pay that via a trade or where did that money come from?

- Also, how did you get $3000 in rebates? Everyone around is telling me there is only $1000 available for Maxima leases in July.

All - the residual amount on that is likely 51% as that is what I am being quoted. Top tier credit gets you a MF of .00047

Thanks for the quick response Mezo, I appreciate the time. This is very valuable material I can use with the dealer tomorrow to get an awesome deal like yours.
    I'm turning in my altima 8 months early so the dealer is rolling in whatever payments don't get waived by nmac and the msrp is 31750. It sounds like they might be taking a hit with this deal but I don't know for sure. But based on past posts I was offered what others looking to lease a maxima s had gotten and they didn't owe and lease payments like I do. I was going to wait till lease was up but july has been a great month for people leasing maximas so I'm giving it a shot.
    edited July 2010
    I didnt pay a dime extra... i sat down with the guy i told him i wanted to get a car sometime this month... he started the negociations with $498 12k/yr we kept goin back in forth for 15 mins got it down to $420 15k/yr.. showed him post# 827 on page 42 on this forum he got really pissed and he said he'll match it but $363 before tax... i told him if he gives me the same deal i'll sign sameday... after goin back and forth for 10 mins we came down to $375 tax included and he threw in some protection plan. thats all i did.... thats why i felt like i had to thank ppl on this forum i've been reading it for the past month... after we got everything set i told him i have to call and consult my wife... then he got really really pissed lol i stepped out this office called another dealer and told him about the deal... and asked if its a good deal and if they can beat it he told me he couldnt beat it cuz they r goin for net of the net he said he could get me in a maxima for $5 cheaper BUT it wont have navigation!!! so i knew i was doin something right walked back in and signed the papers... i have excellent credit
    MEZO!..

can you PLEASE let me know where in michigan you got this? I live here as well, and am looking to get the SAME exact car! if you can't say the dealer name......atleast give me the town name. I live in Ann Arbor!
    sorry vchad i'm not sure if i can tell u the dealership name but i live in Flint
    Thanks for the details mezzo, I appreciate it! I am still very confused how they are adding cap cost reduction and additional rebates to the deal. I guess they are just hiding money there to get you to the right number.
    MEZO,

you can say the dealership name........just not the sales persons name.

but i was looking over your #'s.....are you sure you got $3000 worth of rebates? My dealer states there is only $2000 on lease. can you confirm for me?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi fsrtwo. Here's the latest information on the Maxima's current lease program for you, or anyone else who's interested.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Maxima S with 15,000 miles per year are .00093 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Maxima SV are .00047 and 52%.

Nissan's cash incentives on leases of the Maxima vary by region. That's likely why there has been some confusion surrounding them here. Nissan has anywhere from $500 to $1,500 in cash on leases of the '10 Maxima this month. There was another $500 everywhere in early July that has since expired. Nissan often introduces an additional $500 or for holiday weekends like the 4th of July.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.