Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18
    Can anyone tell me the monmey factor and residuals for a 2009 Murano LE for a 39 or 48 month lease with 15,000 miles/yr
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, brit67. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 48%, respectively.

You definitely do not want to lease this truck for 48 months. Nissan is not currently providing lease support on 4 year leases of this model. As a result, its money factors for four year terms are significantly higher than they are for 36 or 39 month leases.

When negotiating the selling price for the Murano that you want to lease, make sure to take advantage of the $750 to $1,250 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on this model. The exact amount varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I can tell you what it is in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • montiymontiy Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a lease offer on 2009 SL AWD with 360, Leather and Premium Pkg options at a MSRP of 36,300 for 39 months, 15K/yr.

I have a trade-in valued at $1000 and zero cash down. FICO Tier 1 credit rating
    The deal is fixed at $450 incl taxes.

Is that number on the higher side ? What should i be expecting as a residual percentage ?
  • sq1831sq1831 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man.
    It is always the same question but may I ask if you have the money factor/residual value for
    - 39 month lease
    - 2009 Murano LE AWD Nav/roof
    - 12,000 miles/year?
    Appreciate the info, as usual
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You didn't post the numbers but I suspect that the deal is not real. 450 per month with 0 down including taxes on a $36300 murano seems low. Probably want to get you in and upsell you. May be wrong -- post the numbers and have the signed offer in hand -- not an email or phone promise.
  • brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18
    I live in the Chicago Illinois area.

Thanks for the info.
  • montiymontiy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Jayrider. You were correct in you post.

While signing the deal they added the DMV fees of approx 360. I had the first month due and DMV (450+360) added to the total which added around $20 every month. So i was at $470. And at the finale, the finance dude suckered me into opting for the additional 39 month Gold warranty Pkg which includes bumper-to-bumper, tyre's/Rim protection, Car rental during repairs, Road-Side Asst etc etc for an extra $30 a month.

I finally walked away (cant say happy or satisfied) with $500 a month for 39 months and just $500 towards the trade-in (which was a piece of junk really)
    murano leases have never been great. 500 per month for everything is not way out of line. Your auto insurance policy covers the car rental/ roadside asst. I would cancel that and hold the $1100 for any mechanical problems you might have during months 36-39. Tires and rims aren't an issue. Whatyever -- you didn't do too bad so enjoy your murano -- you'll do a little better next time around.
  • anamariavanamariav Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

I just helped a friend sign a lease yesterday for a 2009 Murano (S AWD). It's $359/month and she paid $2845 in taxes, fees and title. There was apparently a $1250 rebate but they tried to offset that with a "transportation fee" of $605 and a "dealer's fee" of $329. We wanted to walk away the first time we saw the #'s but they took off the $605 (after much attitude). We're in NY so do those #'s make sense? Anyway, can she give the car back??

I see everyone talking about a lease factor and residual value - should I look for that on the lease or are those standard #'s from Nissan?
    No problem sq1831. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2009 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00164 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi anamariav. Manufacturers publish a list of the money factors and residual values that dealers must use to calculate lease payments for them. Luxury brand dealers will from time to time mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. This probably will not be an issue with a Nissan dealer, but you never know so it doesn't hurt to know what Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current lease program is for the car that you're interested in.

Either way, your friend cannot give their car back. Once they signed the lease agreement and physically drove the vehicle off of the lot the vehicle was theirs to keep for the duration of the lease. If she was not 100% comfortable with the deal, she should not have taken delivery of the car.

Car_man
    Host
  • kimmypkimmyp Member Posts: 2
    Hi!

Would you know of any cash incentives on a 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD in NY? Thanks! I am about to lease.

Kim
  • kimmypkimmyp Member Posts: 2
    Oh! Could you tell me if these numbers sound reasonable for the SL with 360 value package... $350/month with $3300 out of pocket (not inlcuding plate transfer/DMV) and Nissan will cover last 2 payment son my Ford Escape.

Thanks so much,
    Kim
    There are very few decent leases available from anyone --- the terms on the murano are not good. Better off buying.
  • beemergolf24beemergolf24 Member Posts: 18
    hello kimmyp. This is a great deal but I would not put that much $ down. I am looking for one for my wife. I am in the NJ area. Where is the dealer that made this offer to you? Thank You
  • nickmaxnickmax Member Posts: 9
    HI we just leased a SL AWD with 360 Value package (heated leather seats, dual moon roof, back up camera, BOSE audio system with 6 CD changer, Premium wheels, etc)
    here's the deal 15K, 39 mos, $3,000 down= $380 per mo.
    Is this a decent deal? I'll appreciate your opinions.

• mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    Sounds good to me. I will put up my quote in a different post.

Where did you get this lease?
    I just was offered the following in eastern Pennsylvania:

2009 Murano SL AWD
    Leather
    360 Value Package
    Premium
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Splash Guards

MSRP $35,990
    Sale Price $33,400

39 months, 12k/year
    $400.14 plus PA sales tax (totals $436.00)
    Due at Signing: $3,417.33
    Residual/Buyout: 53%
    Money Factor in Lease: 0.00199 (roughly 4.7%)

Any good?
    Long Island, NY :shades:
    Do you know your sales price and residual % (or MSRP and residual amount)?
    you can get 15K instead and 436 is too high for the 360 value (I think) I put $3,220 including DMV, down payment, fees, 1st month etc. and $385 perr month with 15,000 miles
    Total Gross Capitalized Cost $33,219.82
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost $31,425.82
    MSRP was $35,950, residual $19,513
    Hi Kim. Unfortunately, Nissan is currently providing only $500 consumer cash on the 2009 Murano in your area. This cash is not compatible with this vehicle's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Kim. Nissan is not really getting you out of your current lease for free. The fact that the dealer is making your final two payments for you is hampering your ability to get the best possible deal on the Murano that you're interested in. You would be better off waiting until the scheduled end of your Escape lease to get something new.

As far as this deal goes, the best way to tell if one is getting a good deal on a leased vehicle is to look at the selling price that they are being charged in relation to either the vehicle's full MSRP or dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. One wouldn't pay cash for or finance a vehicle without knowing its price, leasing without the selling price is the same thing. Let us know what this truck's selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car Man:

I have a 2006 Murano with a lease maturity at 12/5/09. The Nissan dealer says I can get out of my lease now and get a new Murano.

Is your answer to kimmyp the same for me: e.g. she is not getting a good deal with 2 months left on her lease because the dealer is picking up the payments. OR is my situation different because I am currently in a Nissan with NMAC and attempting to purchase/lease a new Nissan.
    First, negotiate the selling price of the new murano. Factor in any re-lease financial support that may be offered by nissan. Get the money factor and residual and work the numbers.What fees will be waived and how much out of pocket money will they expect you to put down [other than taxes]. Have them explain to you how this deal is better than the one you could get if you kept the car til lease end.Post the stuff here and ask the lease gurus to evaluate the deal. You can indeed re-lease early with up to 5 months left on your lease. Depending on your payoff, you may have some equity that could be applied to the deal as well.
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I am doing what so many of you say not to do, I am buying out my 2006 lease. The msrp was 36685 for the SL AWD leather, moonroof, leather etc. and my "agreed upon value of the vehicle" in the gross cap. cost section was 32638. I worked hard to get that price! The money factor was .000580 (which is like 2.4% I think) amd the residual is 19076.

I think that 19076 is great for this car with only 25k miles on it, so I plan on buying it. I think the residual was low. Also, there are no fees to purchase it if I deal direct with NMAC and use my own loan or cash. The dealer would charge $150 in fees (or possibly more)

I am curious whether there are figures on expected residual for 3 years from now, on a 6 year old car. Trying to figure out what it will be worth in 3 years if I want to sell it to compared it to the option of leasing again. It is in great shape, and I thi nk it seems financially irresponsible to spend an extra 15,000 just to have the same car but new.

Any thoughts?
    The lo miles make buying pretty decent. You would have saved more had you purchased instead of leased -- hindsight. A 50k mile 6 year old murano will still be an attractive car -- you can check edmunds true cost to own and get an idea of what to expect. The real savings long term would be to finance for 3-4 years and keep it for at least 6 additional years. Probably still get close to 10k for it if it's super clean. Trade in would be much less.
  • daklydakly Member Posts: 3
    I currently have a 2007 Nissan Murano SL Touring Package with NMAC and am looking to get out of my lease before the 2/10 maturity date. I have a dealer that has 2009 SL Tech/Dual Moonroof/Premium Package for 480/month with 3465
    down. I currently have 4 months at 465/month left on it. Is this a good deal? Can I do better for all those packages?
    Do yourself a favor and wait until your lease is up. If you are over the mileage allotment then you might consider. Otherwise -- too much to consider -- you could lose out.
    I have a Nissan Murano with a lease that matures in December 2009.

Is NMAC offering any incentives to existing lease customers to lease a new Nissan (or Infiniti)? I know that I can turn in the car toward a new lease up to 90 days before maturity, but I was wondering if there are any other incentives. Also, does NMAC waive any fees other than security deposit for re-leases?

Also, are there any fees (other than excessive wear/tear, etc.) assessed by NMAC or the dealer upon turning in a vehicle (regardless of whether or not I am leasing a new vehicle)?

Thanks.
    One suggestion is to go to the dealer with your questions and get the answers. Then post what you learned so others can comment.
  • boston76boston76 Member Posts: 3
    I'm just reading the thread it seems the deals are not that great these days. My lease on a 2006 Murano SE , touring package and etc. (sticker price with all options was $37,280.00) is up in November of this year. So I am deciding what to do. I paid $1,000.00 down out of pocket, nothing more, that includes registration and all fees included. $388 per month for 42 months. 12k per year. That seems like a lot better deal then what I am seeing now. I have 41 k miles on it now so should make it. Can anyone tell me if the buy out price can be negotiated?
    boston76:

You are correct that the deals are not as good, but in reality, it is 3+ years later and remarkably the MSRP on the Muranos are virtually the same, or less. I am looking at an SL-AWD 360 and both the MSRP and sales price are lower than those on my 2006 SL-AWD.

The big difference seems to be the money factor. In 2006 I got 0.00042 (1.1%). Today, the best I can get is 0.00164 (3.94%). My residual today is slightly higher (53% vs. 50% in 2006); but that does not change the pricing that much.

There seems to be a real shortage of Muranos on the lots these days. That may also be affecting the prices.

As for negotiating the residual/buyout price, I don't think that can be done, neither at the time of leasing nor at the time of lease maturity. I have leased several times and never had any luck.
  • mshalo18mshalo18 Member Posts: 4
    I had a great deal of trouble getting my hands on a Murano SL AWD with 360 package. But you are right- the sales price for my 2009 is about 2 grand less than what it was on my 2006 that was identically equipped.

I was paying $437/month for a 42 month, 15k lease on my 2006 Murano with nothing down, and sales tax rolled in. I just leased a 2009 for 39 months, 12K (the lower mileage is not a concern of mine) for $495, also with nothing done and sales tax rolled in. Nissan waived the last 3 months of my payments on my 2006. I would have liked to pay about 20 bucks a month less, but that wasn't happening.
  • jconsultantjconsultant Member Posts: 3
    My 2006 Murano is going back (love it) and here's a deal I'm putting together on a new 2009.

Murano SL AWD - 15k miles per year
    360 Package
    Premium Pack
    Leather Pack
    Splash Guards
    Floor mats

MSRP 35925
    Cap Cost 34000 (trying to get this down)
    Term:39 months
    Residual 52%
    Money Factor .00164 (3.94%)
    TTL - $1004.94 (paying this upfront + 1st payment)
    *$0 Down otherwise*

$507.94 per month.

Good deal? How low can I get them to go on cost of vehicle? Can I get close to invoice?

Thanks, Joe
  • daklydakly Member Posts: 3
    I agree with you. I called up the dealership and cancelled the deal. I will wait til Nov or Dec and see what kind of deals are available at that time. Do you know if the '10 are about the same as the '09 packages?
    Decent deal -- are you getting any sugar for turning in your 06?
    The 2006 is on a lease, so nothing back.

I shopped this deal to 2 other dealers and one came down on cap cost to 32725 (150 or so below invoice)

He did this after I told him the original dealer was going to come down to 33250 (the original dealer said he would meet me half way to invoice from 34k)

However, my car won't be in for 10 days. They aren't getting it from another dealer, but from Nissan as their last order of 09's. Since it's not even on the lot yet, he's got 90 days of holdback to play with.

I think that's why he sold it under invoice.
    I thought there were some benefits when you re-lease from nissan. Extra allowance maybe.
    Yes, I got up to $500 of damages waved from my lease. dings, scratches, etc. Not mileage though. I had about $250 that they waived.

They told me if I went from a Murano into a Maxima they could give me a bigger incentive on the new Maxima. But I didn't want a Maxima.
    Just closed a deal on a 2009 Murano SL AWD - went to 4 dealers and this was the best deal. It was also on a vehicle that was not in current inventory. They had to search the tri-state area for one in White. I think I did good.

MSRP = $36,060
    360 Package
    Leather
    Premium
    Splash Guards
    Mats
    12k per year
    $1,800 Total Out of Pocket (Drive Away)
    $455 per month
    Good Luck getting it specially in white, we ordered one just like that (Long Island) in white as well and they were never able to get it; they called me up with a VIN # but the car never arrived and they said it was to high demand and low inventory.
    So we settle for the same car but on silver, 360 value with black leather int, bose, bluetooth, dual moonroof, etc.
    MSRP 36,950, $3000 out of pocket, 15k per year $375 per month.
  • daz499daz499 Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell me the name of this dealer in the tristate?

I tell you it's hard finding these muranos these days and some dealers seem to use that to their advantage. I've been getting quotes from $430 with nothing down, to low $500. Guess you really have to shop around these days.
    Wow that seems to be a super deal. $375? How did you pull that off? Got the name of the dealer to share.
    Well I hope that is not the case here. My wife will be super upset. Sounds like you got a great deal as well. We are probably about the same if you take into account the extra money OOP and 15k miles. The dealership that did this deal was Meadowlands Nissan on Route 17 in Hasbrouk Heights. They had two silver ones in stock on the lot SL with 360 and an LE but my wife really wanted the white.
  • chwtomchwtom Member Posts: 46
    Just got a quote, wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a solid deal. I think it is, just want to double check.

09 Murano AWD with 360/leather/premium/floormats/illuminiated door sills
    MSRP $36,205
    Sales price of $33,000

Lease is 39 months, 12k a year, nothing due at signing, payment of $499 including 5% sales tax.

Good deal? Don't hold back.
    What part of the country are you in?

Unless I am mistaken, this is a great deal. I would love to see the numbers backing it up. On my lease calculator (using 0.00164 and 53%) I can't get the numbers below $575/mo excluding any sales tax. That capitalizes only the NMAC $595 lease acquisition fee. So you are saying with "nothing due at signing" they are capitalizing all the dealer fees, TTL, etc.?

Is there a trade in with some equity you are not disclosing? If not, walk in right now with the 1st month payment and take the deal!
    Can someone tell me if this sounds right. This is what i am being offered. This is in NYC.

09 SL AWD, 360 Package, Leather, Premium, floor mats, splash guards.

MSRP 35,925 Invoice 32,906 Sale 33,000-$750= 32,250 Final Price.

Paying taxes and fees upfront equals $2790 with $1000 down for a total of $3790 due at signing.

Monthly payment would be $398, 39 month lease.

I think the price is fair but what i want to know is if the $2790 for taxes and fees sound right. I haven't signed the lease yet since i have to wait for the car to come in, therefore i don't have the numbers breakdown. I was told though that the buyout would be $19,040.

Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.