Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mgoldstein. It's difficult to say what Nissan's November incentives will be like for this model. From what I have heard, its "Tent Sale" has been pretty effective in boosting the company's sales. As long as its inventory is at a manageable level, I don't anticipate Nissan making any enhancements to its November program. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it will take a breather in Nov. and then crank up its support for one more push at the end of the year. Of course, it is difficult to say exactly what automakers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • britgeezerbritgeezer Member Posts: 95
    Was at a NJ dealer today. Wow, leases have gone up.

For the 2010 LE model AWD RSP of $38,980 and 39 months lease with 12K miles they asked for $2000 down including inception fees and $620 per month - since there were "no manufacturer incentives". Residual was quoted as 49%. As I left they offered $595 per month. That would include 7% NJ taxes.

Look like November will be a slow dealer month at those prices. Anway, I put out information requests to the 4 dealers in my local area.

I can wait until March If I need to, so I will wait and see how the market develops, did enjoy driving the car though.
  • mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    I agree. Nissan has overpriced the LE. And with a lease they lowered the residual so the msrp differential between an LE and a well-equipped SL, roughly $3500, is totally paid for in the lease term. Nissan has priced the LE with the assumption that at the end of the lease it will be value at no more than an SL.

I ended up leasing an Acura MDX, arguably a better car (but with worse gas mileage). I posted my lease deal in the MDX Lease forum. The MDX lease was much less than the Murano LE.

By the way, I did have a dealer who offered to sell me an SL-360 and he would parts order the actual LE wood inserts and have the body shop install the wood inserts, e.g. this is Nissan genuine parts, not an aftermarket wood trip applique. He was charging about $450 for this.
  • runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    Maybe you can help me out. My son's father in law died a couple of weeks ago. He was the sole signature on a new Nissan Murano lease. The vehicle is now 4 weeks old with 1500 miles on it.

His wife can't get in the vehicle, too many memories. She thinks it's too big and expensive $359/month, and wants something smaller. We tried calling Nissan Leasing to find what the options are going forward. Since she is not ready to decide, we would not give up the name for fear of immediate cancellation, so Nissan wasn't very interested in talking to us. We tried the salesman and he just referred us to Nissan Leasing. The leasor is Nissan Leasing.

According to the lease, death cancels the deal. What we need to know is:

Will they allow her to assume the lease in her name?

Will they allow her to trade the lease for something smaller, the Murano for a Rogue?

What is the cost of termination going to be if the vehicle is returned to the lot? Not in exact dollars, but are the criteria? Miles driven x $.xx ? Difference between lease value and resale value? $0, just return the vehicle? Other ? Fees, etc. It's not clear in the written agreement.

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Go to the general mgr of the dealership and ask your question. That salesman didn't want to help you -- nothing in it for him. Go to the store and have a sit down. If that dealer is problematic go to another nissan dealer.
    I'm sorry for your loss, runox. If I was in your situation, I would contact NMAC (or whatever bank this Murano is being leased through) directly to see what the options are. If the contract states that death cancels the deal then your son's mother-in-law should not have any trouble getting out of the lease. I'm not sure of the exact process that is involved in this sort of transaction, but NMAC should be able to walk you through it.

I'm not sure if they will let her transfer the lease to her name, but it sounds as though she would like a smaller vehicle anyhow so she may just be better off walking away from this lease and leasing something new in a separate deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    I negotiated this deal tonite on a 2009 Murano "S" with Convenience package:

MSRP: $30940
    Selling Price: $27743 (Includes $750 rebate, invoice is $28493)
    Dealer fees: $1145 (Includes $595 acquisition, $175 tags, 1st payment)
    Residual: 53% ($16398)
    Money Factor: .00147 (3.52%)
    Trade allowance: $8350
    Trade payoff: $7785 (+565 equity)
    $1000 Out of pocket to cover dealer fees.

39 Month 12,000 mile lease for $344.40 per month before 9% sales tax. $375.40 with tax. The dealer did not have a glacier pearl (color) on his lot and this is what we wanted. I found one on a lot about 125 miles away that he is going to get it tomorrow or Wednesday. I should be signing the paperwork on Friday. I inquired about a disposition fee and he said Nissan's is $395. I going to try to have them stike this from the deal. An acquisition fee of $595 should be plenty.

Also feel I did pretty good on the trade in with Nissan. Most dealers were only offering Kelly Blue Book value of $6500. Edmunds and NADA Valued it at $8300 and $8150 respectively. I also paid for a 24 access to Galves as I know many dealers here in PA use them when pricing trades. Sure, they would quote me kbb but I watched them look it up on Galves. A one day subcripiton ($4.95) was plenty and they valued the trade between $8100 for average and $9100 for retail ready. $8350 was good for me as it needs two new front tires.
  • newcar47newcar47 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, can you tell me what the November money factor and residual percentages are for a 09 Murano SL AWD for 39 months and 15,000 miles a year?

Thanks!
  • newcar47newcar47 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Since we're now into December, can you tell me the December Money Factor and residual rates for a 2009 and 2010 Murano SL with 15,000 miles a year at 36-39 months?

thanks!
  • lr3nylr3ny Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone share December MF / Residuals for the Murano? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
  • morykmoryk Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys, can you please help me ASAP, i am supposed to be at my dealer on Thursday to sign and get a New 2010 Murano SL, but they gave me a quote of $528 per month, 46 month, and i have a Tear 2, my credit score not too best, but good, taxes are included in that $528, but there could be much more of my tear 2, and i will only find out how much more on thursday when the bank comes in to sign the deal, can you please tell me it this $528 is a good deal, or i can try to knock that price down. Its my first lease and i am a New York resident.
    thanks a lot
    You lease thru Nissan not some bank. This deal looks like a bad dream. 46 months will leave you buying tires and out of warranty. how much do you expect to put down. Be ready for lots of surprises. What is the msrp of your murano and how much is the price you are paying after discount?
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    that is a terrible lease offer there moryk; I'd suggest you either try another dealer or wait a while because the 2010 Murano's haven't been out that long and they probably, as your case proves, want an arm and a leg for them as with any new model year that has just come out

also, leasing 101, you never lease longer than the factory warranty period, which for Nissan is 36 months; you definitely don't want to be leasing something you don't own for almost 10 months after the warranty period has ended; your just asking for trouble there and you definitely don't want to be putting any money into the vehicle, God for bid something went or broke, that you don't even own

Also, at those insane prices they are quoting you, you could be in an EX35 or RDX for the same if not a little bit less money and for the same price you'll be in a luxury division and higher quality model which you obviously wouldn't be with the Murano

I've read on the EX35 blogs that Infiniti is giving some insane deals on the 2009 EX's so you might want to check them out! best of luck to you
  • orange5814orange5814 Member Posts: 7
    I was also hoping to get the December MF and residuals for a Murano SL for 36 months and for an LE at 36 months. Both with 15K / year. Thank you.
  • talctalc Member Posts: 11
    Don't do it moryk!!! There are better offers out there and it sounds as if this dealership is taking advantage of you. Don't let them guilt you into anything. 46 months on a Murano at $528 is RIDICULOUS!!!

TALC
  • sarahapsarahap Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for 2010 murano SL? I'm looking at 12000 mi, 39 months. How far off the sticker can I expect the dealer to come this time of year? I'm in Indianapolis and have been into the Nissan dealer three times this week. Have not seen a single customer other that a couple in the service department. Can I expect them to deal a little? Meanwhile, less than a block away, the VW people look to have had several buyers this week so I don't think the season/weather/economy are all to blame.
  • drumikdrumik Member Posts: 12
    2010 murano SL money factor is 0.00239 and residual value is 53% for 39 months

One of the last offers that I got

Selling price is 33,438 and msrp is 36775. I think I suppose to be able to do a little better (another 1000 off)

As per dealer my monthly suppose to be 465 (I don't have any idea how did he calculate it)As per my calculation it suppose to be 480
    Anyway I'll try to get it for 440
    Hi newcar47. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lase of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00199 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00199 and 52%.

Nissan isn't providing lease support on the 2009 Murano any longer, so if really you want to lease you would be better off going with a 2010 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lr3ny. The Murano's lease program varies by trim level. I provided the details of the current program for one variant of this vehicle in my previous post. Let me know if you're interested in a different trim level and I'll gladly tell you if its current program is any different than the one that I mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi orange5814. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00199 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Murano LE AWD are .00199 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    My latest offer from Dealer
    SL 2010 AWD
    MSRP 36775
    Sale price 33438
    36 months /12,000 miles
    484 plus taxes

Total out of pocket:2700 (taxes, plus other fees)

Is it a good deal?
  • onetradeonetrade Member Posts: 4
    That is not the greatest deal. Using that MSRP and that invoice you shouldn't be paying a penny more than $420/month plus taxes and inception fees
    Using MF of 0.00199
    and residual of 52%
    2700 it's not a downpayment. It's taxes and the rest of the fees
  • clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    I just came back from a dealer. Got same deal as you...

For Murano SL 2010 AWD with Tech Package, MSRP: $37,000
    Sale Price: $34,518
    39 month / 12K miles
    $489 per month.
    Total out of pocket: $2,300 for taxes/fees

Money factor is like carman quoted .00199 and 53% residual.

Is this a good deal? I'm getting desperate here, my Murano 06 Lease is almost up (Jan. 15) and I can't afford anything more than $420 a month :(
    Dropping the tech package will help. Also--the murano isn't the only nice midsize suv available. Mazda, VW, Honda,Toyota come to mind. Get what you can afford.
  • cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    Hey clueless_girl,

What region are you in? If in the NY NJ email me at cutco760@yahoo.com. I htink I may be able ot talk to the dealer who broker a sweet deal. Remember I was looking for that sweet deal. I got it. Maybe you can be the next one that I can send his way.

Happy hunting!!!
  • joepaddockjoepaddock Member Posts: 3
    Currently leasing a 2007 Murano SL and lease ends June 2nd. Paying $499/month. Looking now so I'm not under the gun to make rash decision. Went to Nissan dealership in Nassau County, Long Island. Told them I'd want to lease a 2010 Murano SL, but for less than my current $499/month payment. Their first "offer" was $626/month. Comical. They finally offered $499/month, but I'm confident they can do better. Based on what I've read here and using the lease calculation for an earlier post, I think $450/month is reasonable.

MSRP - $36,110
    Sale price - $31,922 (includes leather, premium and moonroof packages, $800 destination charge)
    Residual - $19,138
    Money Factor - 0.00199
    39 Months
    12,000 Miles

My lease calculation is $429/month. They're sticking to $499/month. Think $450/month is reasonable, but would love to hear other thoughts.
    There are bank fees and acquisition fees that need to be accounted for.
  • clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    Hi cutco760, i'm in NY/NJ area. Your email address is not working. Please let me know how can I contact you.
    thanks!
  • joepaddockjoepaddock Member Posts: 3
    True. I didn't factor that in. Ended up getting it for $482/month. Up-front money was $718 (1st month's payment + registration and dealer fees). All in all, I'm happy with the deal.
  • nygiants1nygiants1 Member Posts: 10
    I assume that $482/month does not include taxes? I'm thinking your monthly payment is around $510 is that right? I'm trying to use it as a benchmark when I deal.
    Hey my apologies. Cutco760@yahoo.com. Try it
    very strange since quite a few emails got through this weekend from people on edmunds and 3 of them ended up buying.

Let me now what your status is since today is the last day. I am sorry that I just saw your memo.
    Went to Massapequa Nissan in Long Island and had the same happen to me. The guy told me I wanted more car for less. I told him that I was not willing o pay $446 for the car again and was looking at $430. I walked way. Got the 10' AWD SL Leather/Moonroof for $430 from another dealer in NJ. My price was exactly around what you are looking for. I refuse to pay over $440 for a car that is not Lexus/BMW or Acura. Got my deal and I am fully happy. Feel free to email me at cutco760@yahoo.com if you have not done any deals yet.
  • healthyhearthealthyheart Member Posts: 7
    I am leasing a 2007 Murano SL AWD with the keyless package, leather, moonroof, no dvd or navigation system. Paying $360/month. paid upfront sales tax, acq fee, first months payment, DMV fees. paid about $3200 out the door. This was with an adjusted Cap cost of around $31k. You are paying way too much at $400 plus for this car. The deals should be the same for the 2010 Murano SL without the Navigation or DVD system. Assuming you get the leather, moonroof, premium, tech package, 39 months and 12k a year. This deal was done at a Long Island dealership.
    "ou are paying way too much at $400 plus for this car. The deals should be the same for the 2010 Murano SL without the Navigation or DVD system." If the deal be the same why didn't the LI dealer offered you a 2010? The reason is that its not the same. The thing is that a 2010 with zero miles on the ODO will command higher attention than a 2007 with at least 15K miles on it. In the end I am paying $4000 more than you over 39 months, but again in 39 months the 2 cars will be more than $4k apart. In fact I doubt that anyone who logs into this site will not payments or money down close to yours on a 2010 with comparable packages. In fact I will even say that nobody will get a payment for $400 on a 2010 SL with no options and $3200 down. I went to 7 dealers and the closest payment I got on a base SL was get this $446.97 & $4500 down that was Massapequa in LI. I did trade my 2007 AWD S with 17K miles for $18K to lessen the taxes. I guess the $18K was under valued as well. If you can find a similar 2010 SL for $400 or less let me know and I will buy it, better yet if you can find me a base SL (which is what I wanted initial) for $400 I will take it. The fact is that no dealer in the NE will give that deal on a 2010 SL. Now on a 2007 I think paying $360 may be a bit much, I have driven both cars and I know which one is the better ride, I am sure similar owners like me who drove both will tell you the same. Saying that a buyer can get a 2010 SL with the moonroof package around $400 is "way too much" to quote you. I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but if you could get this same deal on a 2010 why didn't you? Based on my expience, I could have gotten a lesser payment amount on a 2007.
  • jaxbuyerjaxbuyer Member Posts: 8
    Currently leasing an 06 SL and now looking to lease a '10 SL with tech pkg, no moonroof. Can you tell me the money factors and residuals for Florida for a 12K and 15K lease?

Also, any ideas if numbers will be better in Feb or March than they are now?

Thanks!
    Greetings jaxbuyer. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Nissan Motors Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 51%, respectively.

It's difficult to say what Nissan's March numbers will be like. Typically manufacturers ease off of their support a little bit at the beginning of the year after blowing out a ton of vehicles at year-end. This support often gets gradually reintroduced as spring approaches. There's no way to know whether Nissan's lease program on the Murano will be better in February or March than they are today, but there's certainly a chance that they will be.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaxbuyerjaxbuyer Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your time Car man!

I see that Nissan has a $750 rebate in Georgia. Are their numbers the same for the 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year?

Can you also post numbers for FL & GA on 12K per year?
    You're very welcome, jaxbuyer. Nissan's lease program for the Murano is the same nationally. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Nissan is indeed providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle right now in Florida. That cash is not however available in Georgia. The $750 in GA is available on cash purchases only, not leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • buffalo78buffalo78 Member Posts: 36
    Just left the dealership. Looking to lease: AWD SL, MSRP: $36,110, 39 Months 15K/yr. With tax and tags down: $3,100 and them rolling in my remaining lease payments =$1461 they are quoting me $519/month. I asked for the cap cost (sales manager at lunch) but he said he would call me with the #'s. Just wondering if possible to tell if this is a decent offer at this point. Still wanna try to get under $500. Thanks for any input positive or negative :)
  • reggielreggiel Member Posts: 3
    Is the current Nissan offer for 2010 Murano S a good deal?
    2999 down
    299 a month

What would be a good deal so i do not feel taken advantage by the dealers. I am very new to leasing.

Thanks in advance
    Greetings reggiel. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In answer to your specific question about the Murano lease, manufacturers' official advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to arrive at the advertised payment. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the Murano that you want and then have the dealer that you decide to go with work up a payment for you. Chances are that it will result in a lower payment than the ad.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Reggie,

While your deal looks very attractive with a $299 monthly payment, I agree with "CAR_MAN" you need to do more research with other dealers in your area. Also find out if taxes/DMV and dealers fees are included in the deal. I leave in NJ and back in December went to get AWD Murano S 2010 and was quoted $425 monthly payment with $3500 amount of money down. You need to know what kind car you are getting AWD or FWD. What is included in the payment and what are you really paying for the car. We are always focussed on payments that meet our monthly budget, but the truth is, you want to get your car price as low as possible. Also find out what your costs will be at the end of the lease. Nobody likes to get a nice bill when turning in their car. Unhidden fees not disclosed upfront can seriously make you feel taken in the end. By the way, I went to 5 dealers after that first price quote and end up getting AWD 2010 SL (Moonroof package & Leather) for $430 with $4500 down. Yes, at first it catches that I am paying $5 more and put down $1000 more, but the car I got is obviously better than the base model in features and the overall price paid was $1200 under the invoice price. Whereas the first deal was almost $1000 over invoice. So while the offer appears sweet do not grab it and run without research as pointed by car-man you are likely to get a better deal. It took me 3 weeks and 5 dealers in NY & NJ to get a great deal. Best of luck and keep the forum posted.
    You're murano has a 36 month 36k mile warranty. If you lease one for 39 months and put 45k miles on it you will be supplying tires for the new owner and any parts and service it might need since it will be out of warranty. The 36 month 36k mile lease is the gold standard -- the hosts will confirm.
    Thanks jayrider. I'm aware of tires/service etc.. outside of the 36/36K. Unfortunately I need the 45K miles (work commute, etc..). Dealership I'm considering offers a free extended warranty (as long as all manufacturer required maintenance is done). Still trying to decide if leasing is the best option at this point. The dealer said that the 39 month lease has better rates?? Can anyone confirm this? Of course as I posted before the dealer was supposed to call back with the #'s they were using, but still hasn't. Playing with numbers myself it appears that they are not discounting the vehicle much... if at all.
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Do you know by any chance if there are any cash incentives on leases or loyalty cash for returning customers?
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Hi Everyone. Can one lease 2010 Murano SL AWD for short term (24 mo)? One year ago it was possible but i am not sure now. If yes what would be the money factor and residual for 12K per year? Thanks in advance.
  • jdawg2138jdawg2138 Member Posts: 4
    Did you ever find out the cap cost? I am looking at a same type ,same price in ohio.
    They said the money factor for 39 months 12K per yr was .00204 Is this correct?
    $552. per month. dont know the cap cost. This was all on a phone message so I am not sure about down payment,if any. Will know more tomorrow
    Haven't found out yet. He finally called back but we've been playing phone tag. I should know Saturday at some point. My current lease doesn't end till April so I can wait a little. Not sure what the money factor/residual is. He's supposed to tell me that as well. I'll post when I find out.
This discussion has been closed.