Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• ihabdihabd Member Posts: 2
    I just leased 2010 SL AWD with NAV/Leather/Premium Package/Technology Package/Moon roof for $400 including tax (12K / year & 39 months). I put total $4,100 down. I called 5 dealers and every dealer was trying the beat the price of the other dealer. I started with $456 / month and went all the way down to $400. One dealer offered $397 but I went with the dealer I felt comfortable with. Do your HW before you lease and let the dealer know that you are calling others.
  • jdawg2138jdawg2138 Member Posts: 4
    I dont think there is any advantage in a large downpayment. I would rather pay a larger monthly payment. What was your cap cost? MSRP?
  • healthyhearthealthyheart Member Posts: 7
    Let me clarify what I said cutco. I leased a 2007 Murano SL AWD back in 2007 when I leased the car. I am trying to say here that based on similar MSRP figures and adjusted cap cost figures, the difference between my 2007 AWD SL and the 2010 SL AWD with the exact same options is only $600 difference. Now, if the dealers are commanding over $400/month with the same amount out of pocket ($3200) for the 2010 model, then the only reason I can think of is because its still new. I do not believe in this economy there is a "shortage" of Muranos at the dealers. The inventory is there and the prices will come down in the spring. I leased my 2007 in the spring so the later in the year you get, the more the prices will come down. The MSRP on the 2010 SL AWD with Tech, Premium, Leather and Moonroof (NO DVD and NO Navigation) is like $37,300 and thats before you get to the real number, the cap cost figure and the residual/money factor.
  • reggielreggiel Member Posts: 3
    I got the dealer to lower a Murano SL AWD with no extras to $29500 (destination fees included). With a 2000 down + registration feees, monthly is $ 437. Your thoughts.

Thanks again for your help!
  • cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    Reggie,

This is a no-no deal. I had the same car for $415 in December and I know 2 people one that I recommeded and another one who posted on Edmunds who bought the AWD SL moonroof/leather for $31.7K & $31.9K. I was going to pay $28,500 for that same car that you are getting for $29,500. Right now I am paying $430 per month on a 2010 AWD SL with moonroof & leather, no way you should pay more than me. What area are you located in? send me an email at cutco70@yahoo.com. If you are in the Tri state area I can hook you up with my guy and he will definitely sell you the same care as he sold me for the $437 or even less. By the I did not even mention that the dealer paid off my $18K balance for my 07 AWD S Murano. The best offer I got from another dealer was $440 per month and $15.5 K for my trade. Email me I will be home later looking for your email, I can give you some pointers and if you are in my area, I can definitely help you get a better price, I did it for 2 other people on this site through my guy and no reason I cant do it for you. You. I will look out for your email or reply
  • krc5krc5 Member Posts: 1
    Daughter is looking for murano and was quoted 450/month for the S series, for 36 month lease with no money down. this seems a little high...anyone out there have any insight here...should she keep looking?
  • jaxbuyerjaxbuyer Member Posts: 8
    Are the February lease numbers available yet? If so, are they any different than January's? Thanks!

Nissan Motors Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00182 and 51%, respectively.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    joepaddock, how were your remaining lease payments handled on your '07 Murano for the new lease?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi nomatter. Nissan is providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Murano through NMAC right now, but only in certain parts of the country. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to tell you if you are eligible for this cash incentive.

To the best of my knowledge, Nissan is not currently providing any loyalty offers on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi again nomatter :). When the whole leasing meltdown occurred last year Nissan decided to pull the plug on its support for two year leases. Technically one can still lease a Nissan vehicle through NMAC for 24 months, but there wouldn't be any support on it. As a result, a 24-month lease would be a much worse deal than a 36-month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jaxbuyer. The February numbers are indeed out there and they are different than January's.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00221 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nygiants1nygiants1 Member Posts: 10
    Hello Carman, would you have the Feb money factor and residual for a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles and 39 months? Also, is NJ one of the states offering a $750 cash incentive? Thanks.
  • alanduboalandubo Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this forum, and was hoping for a bit of help on a deal I was offered today at Nissan. 2010 Murano SL w/Premium and Leather packages, 12k/year, about $1,950 total out of pocket upfront, and $500/month incl 7% tax. MSRP is around $33,600 I believe and he is selling it to me for $31,400. I am looking for a decent size SUV and was trying very hard to stay at or under 500 a month, and the Murano seemed the best option for me. Just wanted to make sure I got offered a good deal. Thanks for any assistance.
  • dohmaidohmai Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone, I joined this forum when I was shopping around for my lease years ago and it's hard to believe that my lease is almost up already! I really appreciated the help I got back then and was hoping for some advice as my lease comes to an end.

I have been leasing a 2007 Murano SL FWD- I don't remember the exact packages I got on it, but it has full leather, full power including sunroof, nav system, heated seats, keyless ignition, 6-cd changer. I've been paying about 416/month (went up when tax rate went up!) and I'm now coming to the end of my lease.

This is my first leased car so I am just wondering what people think would be my best option for the end of the lease. Here are some numbers:

My car has just about 30000 miles on it and I've kept it in good condition, no accidents, mechanical problems, just a few minor scratches.

The residual value on the car is $18,860. I used the Edmunds TMV and it looks like it came up with $19,111 (tradein) to $24000 (dealer retail) when buying my car.

I'm thinking that with my seemingly low residual it would be a good deal to buy it? I was wondering what other people thought about my residual number and if it's a good value?

I like my car, but don't "love" it so much that I wouldn't consider other options. For example, if my residual isn't a great value, I wouldn't be opposed to leasing something else.

But I'd want to keep my lease payments around the same (450ish) on a crossover SUV with similar packages to the one I have (leather, keyless, don't really care about nav much)... I haven't really been shopping around yet so I'm not sure what kind of values are out there, but is it likely to find a new lease for that amount of a similarly equipped car to my current (I used Edmunds to take a quick look and it looks like a 2010 version of my Murano would run me 500+)?

So basically I'm just wondering if my residual is good enough of a deal that I couldn't pass up buying my car, or if it's not really a great deal and I should look into a new lease or other options (though maybe not a used car since I'd rather just buy my own used car).

Sorry for the long post- I just wanted to be as thorough and clear as I could! Thanks for all the help and advice, as always!
  • buffalo78buffalo78 Member Posts: 36
    Hello Car man,
    I was wondering if you or anyone else have the February #s for a SL AWD. 36 months and 39 months, 15K for both. Is there an advantage going 39 months instead of 36? Also, if New York is a participating rebate state?
    Thank you!
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I had almost the exact same thing when my 06 was up last fall. I asked in "real world values" or a forum like that and was told that my residual (around $18-19k) was just about wholesale. I like my car, I know where it's been, it's the best used car I could get at the best price. I didn't want to lock into another lease and be in this spot again in 3 years of either buying a car or leasing again or what. I used home equity loan/line of credit and bought it.

I think it's a great deal. I hated to let Nissan "make out" on it by turning around and selling it for 23 or 24k, when I already paid so much on it. I think the main thing is your financial situation. Is there a car you love right now, or do you think waiting another few years might bring more options or new models that you REALLY like? There wasn't another car out there that I was dying for, and I only used 24k of my miles, so I didn't want to give it back, having only used 2/3 of the miles I bought. In 3 years I'll have equity in it that I can put down on my next car.

Once I decided to keep it I got an extended warranty, gold preferred, same as you'd get when you buy the car new from Nissan of Santa Rosa (in CA). I'm in NJ and I got it online at nissanwarrantystore.com for a great deal to make me feel secure for 4 more years.

The TRANSMISSION warranty extension by Nissan makes me feel good too. I might not have bought the warranty if I'd known about it.

Also, I bought my lease out direct from Nissan finance company. I think the dealer would charge a fee and Nissan didn't. Also, dealer will try their hardest to sell you a new car!
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    If there's one nearby, take you vehicle to CarMax and see what they'll offer you. It's worth an hour or so of your time. We've sold 4 leased vehicles to CarMax and have always come out ahead (and no lease turn-in hassles). CarMax loves lower mileage Japanese models.
  • nycjokernycjoker Member Posts: 12
    Can some please post the February rates for an SL AWD?
    I believe its approx. .0022 as Carman stated above. I was at a dealer yesterday and asked for it...was provided the same. I know the first 4 digits were .0022.
    Thanks for the advice- this is exactly the type of info/suggestion/validation I was looking for!

Quick question.. if I buy the lease out directly from Nissan finance, do I even need to take it into the dealer? Or can I just take care of that over the phone/online or something?

Or do I have to take it to my original dealer and do some end-of-lease dealings with them, etc.?

I'm leaning toward just buying it out since it seems like such a good value (though I will def. check out a Carmax.. interesting idea!) so I'm wondering what's the easiest way/least hassle to buy it out.

My lease ends in June.. can I just contact Nissan and buy it out now (adding in the final months payment to the cost I assume...)?

Thanks for the help!
  • nycjokernycjoker Member Posts: 12
    Is the residual 53% on the SL AWD for the 15K program?
    Ready to pull trigger on this deal in NY....thoughts please?

2010 Murano SL AWD with premium, leather, tech, and nav

MSRP: $38260
    Agreed value of the vehicle (Cap Cost): $34890
    $1900 due at signing
    resid is 54% and approx .0022 mf I believe
    12k/39 months
    $499/month which includes taxes

Based on my calcs it's pretty good...please let me know what think. I should mention this is one of the areas that has the $750 rebate as well.
    Just out of curiosity, what does the $1900 cover.
    Your deal looks pretty good in my opinion. I am looking at a SL AWD with premium, leather, moonroof $36,110 and the best offer I've gotten is $499/month with 2k down. 39/months, 15k/year. I've asked for a breakdown of what the 2k down covers but he's kind of giving me the runaround.
    Well I started with absolutely zero down (no fees, nothing) at signing which is normally how I structure my leases. So I negotiated based on that. But in this case I wanted to keep payments below $500 and it was impossible to do so with the specs on this Murano without putting some upfront. So after the negotiation I went back and calculated what I needed to put upfront to get it below $500. So while it is difficult to say what that covers exactly, I would say it covers 1st month, fees, and a portion of upfront taxes.

Just don't forget to factor in the $750 rebate if your area has it. That should allow you to go below invoice on the purchase price...don't let them tell you different.

Just one comment, maybe Carman can confirm this is a correct statement but I think Feb leases are a little more expensive because the MF went up from Jan/Dec.
    Thank you for the info. The dealer is telling me that the 2k covers dmv fees, first payment, etc. like you had stated.
    I guess Nissan is adding another $500 for the presidents weekend. My only dilema at this point is I still have 2 payments left on my current lease, so do I wait or do I have an extra car for two months (no telling what future rates/rebates will be). Boils down to is the price right!
    Thanks again for the info.
    I would like to offer some advice here based on my current lease. I leased a 2007 Murano SL AWD that had an MSRP of $36,820 and the Cap cost was approx $32, 700. The total paid at delivery was $3,200 which included upfront sales tax, Acq Fee plus tax, Cap cost reduction plus tax, registration fees, tire fee, and inspection. I am paying $360 for 39 months/12k year. If the 2010 is only slightly higher on the MSRP and even if the MF is a bit higher than it was in 2007, why is everyone getting quoted 500 a month? You need to tell the dealer you need to be under 400 a month. Go back and do the math again. You basically need to get the Cap Cost no higher than 33,500 or in that area if the MSRP is $37k-38K.
    Thank you for your comments but leases are different now than they were in 2007. Plus if you do the math, you're not so far off from where we are. In comparison, you put down an extra $1300 at signing. In addition, your vehicle is approx $1500 (msrp) cheaper than ours. So if you add that in it would jump your payment another $70-$80 per month. Now your up to $440. Then if you consider that MF were prob lower then (not positive) and resid values were definitely higher back in 2007, that would raise it up even more. Lastly, you may have had special deals or something during that time to get it to $32,700...that seems very low. Getting cap cost down to $33,500 on a $38.5k msrp is impossible, it's well below invoice. You can tell the dealer you need to be below $400 and he will point you to the Rogue...the math just doesn't work to get a loaded Murano down that low nowadays unless you put more down at signing. I'd appreciate more feedback from others on this so we can help those looking for a deal. Thanks.
  • boston76boston76 Member Posts: 3
    Ok so I just leased this vehicle today 02/12/10 ..... SL $36,110 exactly the same car your looking for but with 12k per year... $1000 out of pocket total includes all taxes ,fees, reg, first month. $439 tax included per month 39 months. This I think is a good deal but if you have 2 months left then wait, leases always get better for spring time.
    It's 100% simple. I called the number on the letter they will send you as the end gets near (that sounds bad!). You might even be able to call the number on your bill now. They gave me the date it was due, the amount, which will change depending on when you send it and the address. I had to send a mileage statement...I can't remember if they sent me a form. It was so painless that I forget. I never even SPOKE to the dealer about it. There were NO fees, just the residual on my contract and the lovely NJ sales tax on the residual amount. I could have even used a normal check, but since I was drawing on the home equity line of credit I got a bank check at no charge. They sent me the title and I took it to motor vehicles. It was stamped that the tax was paid, because I included it in my check. Home equity line is nice as it's low interest right now and flexible payments, my minimum is low, but I'm making payments of slightly more than my old lease. I figure part of my buyout/residual is the cash I would have put down up front in a normal purchase.

Like I said, the dealers are hurting and it is their JOB to convince you that you NEED a new car, when your old car is the best used car you could ever get. Sure, you can keep your same payment and drive a new car...but you'll do that for the rest of your life if you keep leasing over and over and never get any equity. For me a big reason was that in my lease I paid for 39k miles and no way was I giving them the car back with only 25k on it.

Good luck!
    Hi nygiants1. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00221 and 54%, respectively.

Unfortunately, New Jersey is not one of the states where Nissan is providing the $750 cash incentive on leases of the Murano.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello buffalo78. Here's the info that you're interested in.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00221 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00221 and 53%. It appears as though the monthly payment will be slightly lower on a 39 month lease than it would be on a 36 month lease.

Unfortunately, New York is not one of the states that has the $750 cash incentive on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nycjoker. Post 1302 should contain the information that you're looking for. Let us know if you need anything else.

Car_man
    Host
    Actually, your figures are a bit off. My MSRP on the 2007 Murano SL AWD was $36,820. The 2010 Murano SL AWD that Iam looking at has an MSRP of $37,200. With that said, if I put down same amount (first months payment, upfront tax, tire fee, Acq/Doc fees plus tax) and the residual is 54% which is the same as it was in 2007, my payments should be around $360-$373 or in that area. The trick to paying this is to really have a handle on the leasing formula. If you go back to your Lease agreement, take a look at the section where it says how the dealer figures your monthly payment. There are about 8 sections including the Total Capitalized Cost and cap cost reduction which is the amount you are putting down before you get to the tax and the acq fee. The acquistion fee I believe it still $595 plus tax and the Doc fee is $75. The registration fees will depend on what State you are in. I am on Long Island, NY. The time of the year you lease will have an impact on what deals are going on. I happen to lease in the spring and the economy was much better then. If the MSRP is $37,200 on the car I am interested in, and you are credited with Nissan loyalty by leasing a second time, there is def more wiggle room in the negotiation stage. What the dealers have to understand is this, getting new business is tough enough, retaining an existing customer is even tougher if they are not willing to give you a similar deal when the figures are only a few hundered dollars apart, not thousands at least in my case. Assuming your credit is excellent to very good, you can get the Murano for under $400 a month. But, you do have to put down everything I said expec in NY, You cannot put 0 dollars for the Cap cost reduction (your down payment). You have to put down at lease 700-800 on the cap cost reduction so you can bring your total Cap Cost as low as possible. The less you put down, of course your payments will be higher.
    Thanks for the info Car_man
    You're very welcome, buffalo78.

Car_man
    Host
  • rdxerrdxer Member Posts: 38
    Car_Man

Do you have current lease numbers for a 2010 Murano LE AWD, 36 months, 10K or 12K/year?

Many thanks!
    Awesome thanks! This is very useful and I'm glad to hear it's so simple. Also your logic of not giving them back a car with 25k when you paid for 39k miles makes a lot of sense and I'm in the exact same situation (I have just under 28k)...

I think I'll see what a local Carmax offers me for it and go from there!

Maybe in spring I can get a similarly equipped Murano (new) for a similar lease as mine.. in which case I might consider it?
    I'm sure you can get a new one for a good deal again. Though Nissan may be gettig a boost from the Toyota fiasco going on. Let me know what Carmax says...I might be sorry when I hear it to see what I lost out on, but a new lease wasn't in our future since we have to also replace our older Tahoe ("selling" it to our teenage son) and the replacement will be a nicer car. Can't have 2 of those $400 payments going on at once! Trying to talk him down from Lexus to Maxima...But we're leery of having 3 Nissans ( '08 Altima for son-he bought, '06 Murano for me)

At least you will know all your options. What if you buy out your lease when it's up and then next December get into a new lease. I wonder what Carmax would offer at that point? I say that because I read the best time of the year to get a deal is the last 2 weeks of December. I usually buy July/Aug and get leftovers.

Have fun! Try not to overthink yourself silly!
  • dsk4dsk4 Member Posts: 12
    Hello,
    He is the short story. I have previously leased 2 Toyota Highlanders before my Murano lease. In both of those leases, I returned the cars with "Under" mileage on them, one time as much as 3k miles under the contract. I have had my Murano since Nov. 2008 and I already have 17,000 miles on it. I haven't changes my driving habits or gone on any high mileage trips and I don't even drive this car as a daily commuter. The car seems to be consistent with clocking a mile as I drive and compare to the highway mile markers but I was wondering if the computer is just adding a 100 here or there, after all its probably a computer in there and not a fly wheel.
  • slc_nissanslc_nissan Member Posts: 6
    Currently my husb and I are leasing 2007 Nissan Murano AWD loaded SL (sunroof, leather) with no Nav that will be due Jul 10 this year. The monthly pay is $405 included tax ($379 base monthly pay). We put $3K down. The residual value is $19,064. Price agreed was $34,618. Not sure what the MSRP was at that time, it was around $37K++. 39 month lease with 12K miles per year.

We still have 4.5 months to go before the lease is due, but we've been searching the market for another Murano and other SUVs. The 2010 LE Murano will be an upgrade, and plus with customer loyalty program it will be the best way to go vs leasing another car. But I was surprised to learn that the residual value for an LE is much lower than SL. A dealer showed me the list. 0.00221 money factor. But residual for LE is only 49% vs. SL 53% vs. S 56%. Does it sound right to you guys? Shouldn't the more well equipped car has higher residual value?
    The dealer gave us an estimate of $600/mo with no money down. That's just too high. For that much we could get MDX or GLK.

Also, does anyone know if Nissan accepts early return if the owner lease another Nissan car? Or should we wait until July then lease another one, hoping the price will get better?

We're looking for an AWD LE Murano with no nav/DVD, MSRP around $39K. We live in Salt Lake City. Was wondering if we should stay with SL vs. LE, hoping to pay around $400-$450 for a new one.

Thanks for your input.
    Please see my comments from about a week ago. I have a 2007 SL AWD as well with the touring package. My MSRP was $36,820 and the Gross Cap Cost was $32k plus change. I am paying $360 for 39 months, 12k a year. I put down $3200 which included first months payment, upfront sales tax, acq fee plus tax, cap cost reduction (down payment) plus tax, tire fee and registration fees. My lease ends around same as you. I am getting inquiries already from Nisan to lease again. I would WAIT until your lease expires. The reason is that the 2011 models will be coming out around late sep to early oct and in the summer they have to start unloading their 2010 models to make room. The deals get better as the summer progresses. If you try and lease a 2010 Murnano now, you prob will not get a great deal. The way to get the lease under $400 a month is to make sure you get the Gross Cap Cost (agreed amount for the car) as close or under the dealers MSRP. Like you, I would be subject to the loyalty program by leasing another Murano so there is def some wiggle room there. Dont let the dealers tell you that a certain color is not available either. They swap from other dealers every day and they can always order it for you if you shop in advance. Go to your local car show if they are having one or stop by a Nissan dealer to "check out" the Murano but dont sit down with anyone until you area about 45 days before your end date on the lease. The Money factor and residual change slightly each month. If I were you, I would lease a SL AWD again. The LE is not worth the extra few grand. And the residual is too low and the Money factor is not good enough. Most dealers have a healthy inventory on the SL's because its the most popular trim level so keep that in mind.
    Thanks for your detailed reply and it looks like you got a screaming deal on your Murano SL also. We do get alot of run-around, calls with car dealers especially at this time of the year and in this buyers market. If we lease another loaded SL, at this time it would be like paying $80+ for the same car. The only important features upgrades for us are auto lift gate, rear heated seats, we do not want/care about moon roof or NAV and where we are AWD is standard.

It does appear that S and SL trim levels have a better residual. If the money factor changes, preferrably down, couldn't an LE residual be brought up? For e.g. our '07, SL has a (relatively low) 51% residual but our money factor was/is 0.000375 (execeedingly low).

Every dealer we have visited has plenty of S but almost none of the SLs, LEs. We know of two in the area but they won't budge on the current offers. We have plenty of time and in reality if we come across another brand that gives us more car for about the same money we will go for it. I agree that the best time to lease a car is just before the end of the month and just prior to the new models arriving. Thanks for your feedback.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Higher trim levels almost always have lower percentage residuals.. This holds true for almost every make and model..

Getting a good lease deal is highly dependent on the incentives offered by the captive financial companies of the car manufacturer. Whether it's unrealistically high residuals, or below-market money factors, or straight out manufacturer-to-dealer cash, that is what helps you get a low payment. If the leasing institution is offering a good program, then how tough a bargain you drive with the dealer will decide if you get merely a good lease payment, or a screaming bargain.

The lease deals on '07 Muranos were very good... on the new models, not so much... Good lease deals, in general, are few and far between, these days. Something about a credit crisis... maybe, you've read about it? ;)

Sometimes, you have to be willing to look at competitive models, if you want to keep getting low lease payments. (though, right now, I can't think of any low leases on crossover SUVs).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• forman350forman350 Member Posts: 11
    I do not recall what the money factor was on my 07 Murano SL AWD but again, the MSRP on the 2010 is about $700 more on the MSRP before you negotiate. If the dealers are willing to give you a decent Gross Cap cost then that is the starting point because the residual % now is better than it was in 07. So if the MF is a little higher than it was in 07, essentially you should be paying close to what you are paying now. It really comes down to how much the Gross cap cost is because that is the key number in the lease formula. The cap cost reduction will be your "down payment" and that is deducted from the Gross cap cost to give you the adjusted cap cost reduction which is then part of the formula and subtracts out the residual which is better today than it was in 07. If your a second time Nissan leasee, the incentives should be better. Now, every state and every dealer will have different inventory levels but here in the NY metro area there are plenty of dealers to go to. Its all math here. The deals right now are just "ok" but fast forward 5 months from now and the figures will be close to what Iam paying now, $360/month for 39 months @ 12k year. Sales tax was paid "upfront" meaning I paid that at closing before they delivered the car. I get invoiced every month by Nissan for $360. That is not a screaming deal, its a fair deal when you add back the numbers to what I would have paid for it if I purchased the car. Around $36k and change plus local sales tax. A very good deal but not "great".
  • jfischer1jfischer1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey everybody. I've been interested in possibly leasing a 2010 Nissan Murano. As you can see, the lease I have now (2007 Infiniti G35x), will be ending beginning of January. I was thinking if I do end up getting the Murano, I was going to see what they have leftover of the 2010's in November. I know there aren't much, if any changes to the 2011, but I'm sure they might want to get the 2010's off the lot. (I did that with my 07 Infiniti). Does anyone have any advice whether this might be a good idea and what are my chances of finding 2010's in November of 2010? Thanks!
    For a loaded 07 SL Murano AWD (touring package), if you pay $360 a month lease is pretty good deal. How much down did you pay? We paid $3K down, monthly payment is $379 + $26 tax = $405.

See my previous comments last week. Here in Utah the price is outrageous but also because SL and LE are rare. A dealer called us this week to offer LE Murano w/o Nav for $600/mo, $3K down. He said he could do an SL loaded for $450/mo.

If we need to go over $500/mo we might as well start looking at GLK, MDX or Touareg. Why paying more for the same car.

Just hoping the price will be better when our lease is due in July.
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Just leased a 2010 Murano SL MSRP 36,300 for $429 a month including 6.25% for state taxes. Mileage 12,000 miles 39 months. Total up front $595 acq fee,$ 295 doc fee, title& license $125.00 and first month $429.00. i think i could have done a little better since this is the end of the month, but they had the color I wanted.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited February 2010
    forman350 .....Your understanding of lease is a little twisted. Your advice is generally good but you are making a Capital Cost Reduction so your numbers are off. You have bought down the selling price of the car up front. Adding your down payment into equal portions across the term will give us the TRUE monthly for your lease. The selling price used in the lease IS the Capitalized Cost. The Gross you are talking about is that number PLUS extra money you decided, or were talked into paying.
    The residual is FIXED because it is based on the MSRP, so the lower the negotiated selling price, or Capitalized Cost, the better the lease. The Gross is the selling price PLUS all the bs they got you to pay, NOT the other way around. There is no way to know if your payment was a good deal, without knowing how much money you paid up front as a cap cost reduction.
    You are always better off negotiating the lowest selling price possible, THEN tell them you want to lease the car using that number.

And to Healthyheart, you want the capitalized cost to be WAY under the MSRP, not equal or a little less. If that were the case you got no deal at all. I want the capitalized cost as close to the lowest selling price as possible preferably UNDER invoice :D
  • jaxbuyerjaxbuyer Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman! Please post the new March lease numbers for a 2010 Murano SL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year.

Also, you normally quote a 36 month lease, but the dealers only seem to offer 39 months. Are both 36 and 39 options always available? I assume the dealers go with 39 because it's better for their bottom line.

Thanks you!
    I am in NY so everything is always expensive and the sales tax is high. You should check out this site: www.truecar.com. Its great. The way I did my deal was that I did the math backwards. If you want to pay lets say 32k for the car, you have to basically add up the payments plus your cap cost reduction plus the residual and you arrive at the final cost of the car plus the local sales tax. I only put down $3200 which included the first months payment, the sales tax paid in advance, acq fee which was like 595 just by itself plus tax, the cap cost reduction plus tax, the tire fee and the registration fees. sales tax alone is like $1700 in that 3200 number. So, I pay the sales tax with my "down payment" to the dealer so its not lumped into my monthly payment. $360 for 39 months is very good but the math comes back to the car costing if I had bought it instead of leasing it to around $32k and change plus tax. Thats without any incentives that I was aware of or is in my lease contract. By the summer, the prices are going to come down a bit simply because its getting closer to the 2011 model year and that means they have to clear out the lots. Try to stick to basic colors for the exterior so you have a better chance of getting the deal you want and the inventory levels are better with silver, white, black, graphite. The red and blue are not as popular.
This discussion has been closed.