Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• skoobydoo12skoobydoo12 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Hello everyone,

I have a 2007 AWD SL Nissan Murano (silver) with touring package (sunroof, bose, etc) and only 25k miles on it. I got it from Tom Wood Nissan in Indianapolis. My lease is up in March of 2011, and even though its a year away, at this point now I feel like I want to buy it.

I think the worth of the car will still be more than the residual (about $17,000).

It's in good condition. I got rear-ended about a year ago, but other than that I've kept very good care of the car.

Do you guys and gals think in march 2011 a 2007 murano will be worth more than $17,000?

Does nissan negotiate buyouts? If not, will they set up a payment plan or do I have to go to a bank or credit union and get a car loan to send a check in?

Thanks for any help.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Nissan won't negotiate buyouts. Most dealers give it back to nissan and then buy it back for less than the residual. Hard to predict what exactly your murano will be worth wholesale in 2011. If you buy you pay cash or go through a lender on a loan.
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the response.

I read some of this thread and some of the buyouts were $18,000 - $19,000.

But every case is different since my lease isn't up until next March and it's $17,000.

I can't raise that kind of cash right now so I'll have to go through my credit union for a low interest(hopefully, I have great credit) loan.

I hope it'll be worth it. I really like the vehicle and don't want to give it up. But I don't want to overpay for anything(residual plus loan interest).

I do have about $3,000 saved up so I won't have to get a loan for the whole amount.

This is the first vehicle i've ever had so I don't want to give it up but I don't want to get ripped off either.
    If you can buy your murano for 17-18k that is an excellent price. You like it and you know where it's been so why not.
  • kmc75kmc75 Member Posts: 1
    hi! curious to know opinions on a future decision i am about to make...is $450 p/m(includes taxes) reasonable to lease a 2010 MURANO SL AWD for 39mo allowing 15k per yr. has premium +360 package. 1200 down with first paymnt +fees
    please any comments help thank u!!!!
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Which state are you located in, because I can't seem to find any Murano with the 360 pkg. I am in Texas and I have called several dealers and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about.
  • whitestar16whitestar16 Member Posts: 53
    There is no 360 package for the 2010 model year.
    It is showing on Nissan's website. 2010 Murano w/ 360 pkg.
    Its not an option for the 2010 model year Murano ( unless its changed in April). Go to a dealer and try and ask for it or find one on a vehicle. see what happens. Not an option for 2010 model year.
    OK. I started searching dealer inventories and you are right. You can now get the 360 package on the 2010s. So you are right and I was wrong. One other thing I noticed- they raised the MSRPs on vehicles!
    Nissan has been bumping the msrp's on the murano constantly since my 3/09 build. They will keep on raising them as long as folks keep buying. I figure by the time my 09 is ready for lease return in 10/11 the msrp will have been raised 4k+ for essentially the same car.
  • dohmaidohmai Member Posts: 8
    My lease on my 07 Murano SL was coming up in June and I decided to buy the car after making my last payment since I've only put 30000 (out of 39000) miles on it and I've kept it in great condition. My Residual was about 18500 and running my car's info through Edmunds TMV, I figured it was a good deal to keep the car.

Anyway, I took it to a local dealer (not the dealer I originally leased from) and told them I wanted to buy the car in cash with no financing. They sat me down in a room for some time as they waited to contact NMAC and run a 'safety inspection' on my car. All standard stuff I expected.

Some time later they came back and gave me a figure higher than my residual (thankfully I had called NMAC and got this number, or else I suspect they may have tried to claim it higher!) but onto my residual price they added on another $650, all before my state sales tax and document preparation fees.

When I asked what the $650 was all about, they swore to me that it was something 'they' (NMAC) forced them to add, and included the cost of doing the safety inspection. I was frustrated that an inspection that fixed nothing and would tell me my car was fine cost $650, but they insisted it was 'non-negotiable' after I explained that I had done all my service at their dealership and wanted some kind of break on the service fees.

In the end (after almost 2 hours) I finally went in to sign my paperwork. After the $650 fee and my taxes, a preparation fee of $50, a title transfer fee to the state of $25 and some Smog exemption fee of $10, the total I had to cut them a check for was about $21000. Clearly the taxes suck, but are unavoidable.

On my way out with my 'new' car, I stopped by the service department to see if I could apply the $650 I 'spent' there to my account (they have a frequent buyer type program) and they were confused because the inspection fee cost $0. They showed me the receipt, which listed it as $150, but then deducted that down to $0.

I went back to the finance guy angry and showed him the receipt. He then stated that the $150 was paid for out of the $650 I paid them (he says the 'sales side' paid the service side $150 for me first), and the other $500 was for various 'fees and charges and paperwork and for fronting the money' to NMAC (not sure what that means since I gave them a check for the total amount..).

Seeing as I had already given him my check and signed all the paperwork, I didn't know what else I could do. He gave me some nominal service credit since he was sorry he 'didn't explain it' well, but I still feel ripped off.

When I got home I checked my original lease contract and there was a purchase option fee written into it, but it was only $150 (again, from another dealership). I would have taken it back to the original dealership except they went out of business..

My questions are then:

1. Does the buyer usually have to pay for this 'safety inspection' and the $150 really was part of the $650 fee I was charged, or is that something that is usually waived entirely? I don't mind paying for an inspection fee if it's something that has to be done (even though they were not clear how they were 'charging' me for it).

2. Is a lease end fee of $650 reasonable or incredibly high? I feel like I got ripped off because he seemed so shady about explaining things to me, but if it's a normal fee, then it is what it is.

3. If that fee is really high, is there anything I can still do? I figure it's very slim, but I know dealers rely heavily on reviews and surveys Nissan sends out, so maybe I can use that as some kind of leverage to get more service credit I get?

I know ultimately this is my fault because I went in without having good preparation on what fees to expect, so in that sense I'm willing to chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned, but still... it doesn't feel great.

Thank you very much for reading and suggestions.. much appreciated!
    Your lease was a lease contract and the residual clause is an important part of that contract. By paying above the residual amount your lease became more expensive. The only question I have is whether or not the process violated the terms of the lease. A financial lease allows Nissan and the former dealership certain financial advantages that they took. In order to qualify as a financial lease the ability to buy at a fair price-designated as the residual is required, as the other parameters that qualify a vehicle as a financial lease do not apply here.

There may or may not have been a lease contract violation here. hard to tell.
  • spunky28spunky28 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the May residual value and money factor for a Nissan Murano LE AWD?
  • dohmaidohmai Member Posts: 8
    My original lease papers clearly states that I have to pay a purchase option fee of $150... but like I said, I ended up buying my car at a different dealership than the one I originally leased from.

Does the second dealership still need to honor that $150 price, even though it was something figured out at the first dealership?

Honestly looking at my lease contract the $150 looks written directly onto the contract (not typed in by dealer) so I'm wondering if that's just a NMAC fee.

Are there any next steps I can take? If I contact NMAC, will they be able to help/clarify? I'm guessing now that they have their money for my car, they couldn't care less though...
    That's what I think i'm going to do.

I just hope it's still a good buy in March 2011.
  • nunnjanunnja Member Posts: 1
    I would call NMAC... there should be a number on you lease contract and you should have been contacted by NMAC who would offer you the purchase option.

Your best chance is to get NMAC to verify if they forced your dealer to charge you extra, my guess is no. Then go to your dealer and insist on speaking with the GM. If they want your future service business the they should make it right.

Good luck!
    I agree with the above poster. The lease is with Nissan's financing department, not the new dealer. My guess is that the car salespeople were convinced you wanted the car, and acted accordingly ( basically taking your money). You could have driven away. At no time was it their car, that's for sure. They did not purchase the car nor did they have ownership of the car. Its important to know who a contract is with at all times - it was never dealer number 2, as they had no role in originating the lease.

That being said, its your car now, and you know where its been as well. With a used Murano, that's a very important thing. You have a low mileage well maintained vehicle. It cost you at most $2500 more than it should have. In the long run, probably not too bad a hit and a key lesson.

As far as what you can do - I am not sure. I would absolutely ask Nissan. If dealer number 2 did not call NMAC at all, then they have committed fraud. And if they didn't have to tack on mandated fee of $650 but told you this, that is also fraud as well. If you are really pissed, just file in small claims court and make them show up and give testimony under oath. ( be prepared to do the same).
    Does anyone know the lease rates and residual for May on 2010 Murano SL. Anything special happening for Memorial Day.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, spunky28. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00197 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings postman. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00197 and 54%, respectively.

I have not seen any special enhancements to Nissan's programs for Memorial Day yet, but it is entirely possible that it will do something later on this week.

Car_man
    Host
  • leasemuranoleasemurano Member Posts: 1
    I live in Queens-NY. and looking for leasing 2010 Murano SL with 360 Value Pkg (MSRP: $37150).
    39 Months
    12,000 Miles
    ALL included (tax+tag+bank+anyFee)
    Due at signing: First+DMV

Is $399/month reasonable? I would love to hear other thoughts! Thanks :lemon:
  • cowboys100cowboys100 Member Posts: 3
    You can do better on that deal based on the MSRP. I am in the NY area as well. Based on that MSRP, you can try to negotiate for $360/month for 12k a year , 39 months. You will have to pay first months payment, upfront sales tax, acquisition fee of $595 plus tax, tire fee, registration fees. Expect to pay at contract signing about $3,200.00 to get that payment. Also, termination fee at end of lease is about $150 now as well. Dont take any of the insurance they try to sell you in the finance office (credit, disability,etc) unless you really need it. Also, make sure before you pay the deposit they give you in writing the VIN number and stock number of the vehicle you want. Other than that, once they locate the car from their stock or another dealers stock you are fine. Check your credit to make sure you get top tier credit and the best deal you can get cause once they check your credit you will be quoted based on that. Hope that helps.
  • jakefl7jakefl7 Member Posts: 14
    I just traded in my 2009 Murano for a 2010 Lexus RX350. I was tired of dealing with all the problems with my Murano and the terrible service. If you are in the market for a Murano you really need to consider the Lexus RX350. Lexus quality is far superior and the service is out of this world. Do yourself a favor and check out the RX350. You will not regret it and you can thank me later.
    Was your Lexus part of the engine spring recall? I think it affected 70,000 vehicles or more. Lexus engines dropping all over the place.
  • lousax357lousax357 Member Posts: 3
    I don't know who can help we with this question so here it goes. I am going too be
    leasing a new nissan in several months. Does any one know how i could get the spreadsheet that allows you to calculate a lease payment. And what are all the figures that i will need.
    Thanks very much
    Lou
    You can e-mail me @ lousax357@verizon.net
  • simonbesimonbe Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone!
    What is the residual value and money factor on 2010 Murano SL AWD (3.5L, 6cyl) with navigation, leather, technology and primium packages on 39 month lease with 12K miles per year?
    I got an offer of $487 a month with $0 down and taxes included in payments.

Is it a good deal? Thanks!
    Leasing beyond the 36 month warranty makes little sense. You will be responsible for repairs and reconditioning the vehicle for the next owner. Roll the dice or buy the car.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, simonbe.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • nissanman42nissanman42 Member Posts: 5
    Are you saying that the only lease available right now is 36 months, not 39 months for a 2010 Murano SL AWD? I thought the current lease rate was 39 months if you lease for 12k a year. And the residual is 52% for the SL trim line? I was told it was 50% from some dealers for this trim line.

Will the deals get better in August since we are getting closer to the end of the model year for the Murano? What about the residual and MF? When is the best time to lease as the summer winds down? My lease is up at the end of the summer.

Any info would be helpful!

Thanks CarMan!
  • siguy77siguy77 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone leased an SL starting in August? Do you know what the residual and money factor are for an August lease? Going tomorrow and was just going to use the July #'s from above if nobody knows.
  • armenharmenh Member Posts: 6
    Looking to lease a 2010 Murano in the next month or two. We currently have a lease for a 2007 Murano, some deals we should be receiving include, waiver of rest of payments, 500 dollar waiver on wear and tear as well as 1500 incentive, is there anything else on the Murano's? We are looking for an SL with Tech Package, Leather Package and Premium Package, MSRP is 35,000, invoice is 32,500. What is the best price you think we can get, I am aiming for invoice price plus the incentives on a lease for 36 or 39 months would that happen? Also what are the residual and money factors for August??
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    My lease on Murano is ending in November. I am in New York city.

I got a call from my dealer that if I turn in my car 3 months earlier they will get me a new lease for “slightly lower” payments because there is a high demand for used Muranos.

Is there a some sort of a catch I should know about?

Are there any lease incentives for 2010 Muranos?

Are there any specials for returning customers?
  • benneybbenneyb Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    Hi Carman/all,

We are looking at LE AWD's primarily but also a couple of maxed out SLs. Can you please provide the August (or most recently available) MFs and Residuals for both the LE AWD and SL AWDs for 12k miles per year?

Many thanks.
  • bexbexbexbex Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Car man (and others),

Looking for NMAC's August MF and residual value for:
    -2010 Murano SL and LE AWD
    -12K and 15K miles/year
    -36 months (is this an option through NMAC?) and 39 months

Also, are the MF and/or RV negotiable?

Finally, any special lease rates for Labor Day or September worth waiting for, or is it better to take advantage of the August specials?

Thanks!
    Hey nissanman42. No, you can lease a Murano for 39 months if you want to.

NMAC's August 39 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi siguy77.

NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi eric312. Nope, there's no catch. Nissan is running an official early lease termination program right now that enables current NMAC lessees to get out of their leases up to three months early for free if they purchase or lease a new Nissan.

Nissan is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Murano in certain areas, of which NYC is one.

Nissan is also providing a $1,500 owner loyalty cash incentive on this model to current NMAC lessees, but I'm not sure if this cash is compatible with the early lease termination offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go Benney.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Murano SL AWD are .00147 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2010
    Here's the information that you're looking for.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 50%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00147 and 49%.

The numbers for a 36 month lease of a Murano LE AWD are .00147 / 47%. The 39 month numbers for this vehicle are .00147 / 46%.

While you should make sure that the dealer is using these numbers to calculate your lease payment, you won't be able to negotiate a better deal than this. The main negotiable aspect of your lease is your Murano's selling price.

It's difficult to say what, if anything Nissan will do with its incentives for Labor Day. Nissan has a propensity to introduce incremental $500 bonus cash incentives on its models over holiday weekends. I would not be surprised if it did so for Labor day, but there's no guarantee that it will.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you, car_man

A few more questions.

What is the residual and money factor on Murano S AWD 36 and 39 months 12,000 miles?

Does Nissan offer mileage options less than 12,000 miles?

Is there a way to find out if $1500 owner loyalty is available for early terminations and if it can be combined with $750 cash incentive?

Is the sales tax paid on the entire capitalized cost or just the monthly payments?
    One more question

Is the bank fee/acquisition fee negotiable? Is it "required" by Nissan for returning customers?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    It is required and non-negotiable.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    You're very welcome, eric312.

NMAC's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Murano S AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00147 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that NMAC offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual values for that allowance are probably 1% higher.

The $1,500 loyalty cash is definitely compatible with the $750 lease cash. I'm just not sure if it's compatible with the early lease termination program. If I had to guess, I'd say that it probably is, but I'm certainly not positive that it the case.

The methods for calculating sales tax on leased vehicles vary from state to state.

Car_man
    Host
  • cowboys100cowboys100 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman,

Please tell me if this was a good deal. Just leased a 2010 Murano SL AWD with 360 degree package, premium,leather, splashguards, mats, cross roofrails, MSRP was $37,150.00, 39 months and 12k miles per year.

$345/month with a total drive away of $3,900.00 out the door that included everything. Received the full $2250.00 rebate since I came off an 07 Murano SL AWD. Great Car..Rides much better than the 07. Nicer fit and finish as well than the 07.
  • bexbexbexbex Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, Car man!

I've decided to go with a 2010 AWD Murano LE (+nav/mats/splash guards) 39mo/15K miles.

There are several available at different dealerships in my area, and I wanted to get your feedback on whether or not this is a good deal, or if I should keep looking:

MSRP $41,670 (includes Destination Fee)
    Invoice $38,295
    Cash incentive $750
    Sale price $37,750
    MF .00147
    RV 46%
    Doc fees $199
    Extended warranty $353
    Tax/title/registration
    Dealer holdback is $1,000+ (can't remember exact amount)

If I understand this correctly, the dealer comes out $205 above invoice once the cash incentive is factored in ... is that correct? I tried to negotiate the sale price lower but wasn't able to. Should I shop around for a better sale price?

Is there anything else that looks out of line with this deal to you (or anyone else)?

Thanks!!!
    Car man,

I went to dealer on Saturday.

He told me residual value is 52% on Murano S for 12k miles and +1% or 53% for 10k miles. I know you said it was supposed to be 54% but "he was 100% sure its only 53%".

He confirmed $750 rebate and $1500 can be used together on early lease terminations.

Does anyone know if there will be additional incentive for Labor Day and when they will go in effect?

Does anyone have experience with Nissan's excessive wear and tear charges, how strict are they?
  • mrleasemrlease Member Posts: 4
    Carmen,

What was the bottom line price for the car before tax, title & reg.. Did you just get the $2250.00 off MSRP or invoice cost.

What was the invoice price?

Did you get tax credits for your trade?

What is the residual, dollar amount or %

Money factor rate or interest

Did it come with GAP insurance?
    I work for the largest auto consumer leasing companies in the country. If you can get me some specific information I can help you in making sure you are getting a deal or not.

For the most part, using the manufactures leasing programs is not the best deal.

All manufactures are very strict on their wear & tear, because they are setting the residual way out of line with the market.

One- you never ever put money down unless it is mandatory from the finance company. Make them show you in writing from the bank the amount, even at that shop around.

There residuals are not set at a realistic future value. Yes the payment may look good at the moment, but if you ever decide to trade out early you will not be able too because the residual is set way to high for the market.

Almost always you are going to have to come out of pocket with some cash.

In most states, you cannot get tax credits when you trade in a lease to go with another make of car.

Example:

Lease a Nissan through Nissan, what to trade out ealry and go with a Honda, cannot get tax credits on the trade.

Most manufactures do not have GAP insuarnce with there leasing programs so you have to pay extra for it.

There is a lot more I could explain, but always rememer 1 thing, the dealer is 99.99% never on the consumers side.

if I can help please let me know.
    Did they give you a payment.

What is the tax rate for your state.
This discussion has been closed.