Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey criv. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the cash incentive that I mentioned in my previous post is available to residents of Georgia.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for mak1975. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure if NMAC offers leases on Nissan division vehicles with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual for that mileage allowance would likely be 1% higher.

The $1,500 consumer cash incentive that you mentioned is not compatible with the above special lease program, but the areas that have $1,500 consumer cash have a $725 cash incentive on leases instead.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly can olimazi. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • olimaziolimazi Member Posts: 38
    Thanks!
    Any deals going on in my area? My zip is 08876, Central NJ.
    Any tips for a good lease on a 2012 Murano SL AWD would be appreciated.
    I'm turning in my 2009 Murano lease a few of months early.
  • GyrlwolfGyrlwolf Member Posts: 35
    Getting ready to lease a new 2012 Nissan Murano AWD SL model in the 08053 NJ area w/navigation and was wondering if $38K is a fair purchase price. (That's the price I'm gonna try to aim for) I have $3,000 to put down, but haven't told the dealer. And I didn't know if there was any cash back offers right now with Nissan. :confuse: Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • gsmongsmon Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Hi Car_man,

first of all, thanks for being so generous with your help. I'm leasing a car for the first time and I'm trying to figure out if my lease is a good value.

For a 2011 Murano SL AWD in Boston area, I negotiated the sale value at $32700. Down payment is $3000 and lease length is 39 months with 12K miles/year. Monthly payment is $364 plus sales tax (with sales tax it is $384/month).

Is it a good value?

Also, would you know my money factor and residual value - I have good credit.

Finally, how does the money factor used in the lease and is the residual value negotiable?

Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome olimazi. Nissan is currently providing a $725 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area. Even better, there's a $2,000 cash incentive that is available to current Nissan lessees on top of that. Make sure to take these cash incentives into account during your negotiations. Shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Gyrlwolf. What is the MSRP of the model that you are interested in? That number will show me how much of a dealer discount you are aiming for and whether it is possible.

Please see my previous post for information on the cash incentives that are currently available on this model in your area.

As far as the $3,000 goes, you definitely want to put as little money as possible down on your lease. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome gsmon. What is the MSRP of the vehicle that you are interested in? I need a figure to compare the selling price to so that I can tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

As far as the lease program goes, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2011 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00003 and 43%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease payment. It is important to make sure that the dealer is using the correct factor to calculate your payment because dealers are sometimes allowed to mark vehicles' factors up to add additional hidden profit to deals. Residual values really aren't negotiable.

Car_man
    Host
  • gsmongsmon Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man for your response!

The MSRP of the 2011 AWD SL Murano is $38800 (truecar number). There is a Nissan incentive going on as well of $2500 cashback on 2011 models. I'm assuming my negotiated sale price of $32600 includes that cashback. How do the numbers look to you?

Thanks for the tip regarding money factor, I will be sure to watch out for that number in the final deal paperwork.
  • policonpolicon Member Posts: 1
    Would someone be able to help me to find out what are NMAC Lease Money Factor and residual value for a 2012 Nissan Murano SV AWD 39 months 12,000 miles in March 2012 for zipcode 10987?
    Also I am 4 months away from the end of my current lease (Murano SL 2009, 39 month, 39000 contacted miles) and I have only 26000 miles on that car. Is there anyway to get advantage from unused miles during the negotiation of a new lease?
    Any deals going on in my area? Any tips for a good lease on 2012 Nissan Murano SV AWD would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
  • rdkingrdking Member Posts: 12
    I'm surprised that your dealer has not called you by now. I had a 2009 LE with only a little over 20K miles on a 39-month lease. They called me after only 24 months into my lease and said with the incentives Nissan was offering, they could get me into a new 2011 LE with nothing down and the same payments as I was making on the 2009. I thought this was just a ploy to get me into their showroom and then tell me the real story. Much to my surprise, I got the 2011 LE as promised with nothing down and the same payments as the 2009. The deal was made even sweeter in that the new MO had the navigation system that my 2009 didn't have. With your low mileage, I would really play hard ball and insist that they put you in a new MO with nothing down and keep the payments you now have. They will be able to sell your MO at a premium since it has low mileage.
    Thanks Car_man, I will be headed to the dealer this weekend, and I will definitely be looking for those incentives. Two things:

1. Do you know the Lease Money Factor/Residual for a Nissan Murano SV AWD 39 months 15,000 miles for March?

2. When you say to negotiate $500 above invoice, is that the 'dealer invoice'?
    For example - Edmunds tells me the "invoice" for this car is $31,969 - so I should start negotiations at $32,469, minus $2725 incentives = $29,744?
    Do I add the destination fee of $825 in there?

Thanks for your help.
    Hi policon. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano SV AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00053 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You are in New York, so you are eligible for the $725 cash incentive that Nissan is providing on leases of this truck in that area.

Unless you are able to take your current vehicle as a trade, the fact that you are under mileage probably won't work to your advantage in your negotiations of your new lease. A few banks will allow consumers to roll some of their unused mileage over to their next lease, but I don't believe that NMAC is one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome olimazi. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano SV AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00053 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, you should include the destination charge in the dealer invoice price, other than that you are correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • burundukburunduk Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

Could you please tell me residual and money factor for 36 and 39 month, 12000 miles lease on 2012 Murano SL AWD in 91364 zip code. Also, are there any incentives for customers who don't have an existing Nissan lease?

Thank you,
    Alex.
    edited March 2012
    Cool, thanks - please let me know if this is a good deal:

2012 Murano SV AWD Blue, roof rails
    39 month lease, 15,000 miles,
    $1,500 down
    $379/mo

God Bless.
  • billk52billk52 Member Posts: 1
    Good afternoon Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 2012 Murano fully loaded. Do you know what would be a fare price and monthly payment (inc tx).

Thanks a lot!

Billy
    I sure can Alex. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00053 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00053 and 48%.

I don't believe that Nissan is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car to non-returning customers.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome olimazi. What is this vehicle's MSRP and selling price? Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Billy. Let me know what the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you are interested in are...you can look up that information in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com...and I'll crunch some numbers for you using Nissan's actual lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • ngordonngordon Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2012
    Car_Man, It's been 38.5 months since my last lease and hope you will help me save money again.

Current quote on a Murano SV (no other options) is $0 down $439/month including tax in NJ, 39 months, 15000 miles. Dealers says he can get me tier 1 (even with some credit dings) so he says MF is .00053 and resid is 48%, based on a price of $33,698 (which he says is $1000 under invoice). Of course he is crying that he is losing money, but I have never had a dealer tell me they are making money yet. Also, gave me Murano s at around $399/month all in.

Thanks for the help. I need to do this quickly, if possible. :)
  • lacct9lacct9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you post the lease numbers for April for a 2012 Murano SL? I am interested in the money factor and residual for 15k miles for 36 months.

Thanks!
    Sure lacct9. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00053 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • sassylady1sassylady1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Current lease on 2009 Murano SL is about to expire with about 27,000 miles at end . Am considering leasing 2012 SL FWD w/o navigation. 39 months 12,000 miles/yr. MSRP is 38225 Rebate $1500 . Per dealer document, invoice is 35,242.

Am looking to offer about $33,500 (Edmunds TMV of $35225 less rebate of $1500). Any thoughts on price?

Car Man, would appreciate knowing money factor/residual and -- if possible-- lease payment based on $33,500. Many thanks.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Fitzgerald Automall in Maryland is a good site to obtain a general idea of prices. For a 2012 Murano with a MSRP of $39,565, Fitzgerald has a listed selling price of $33,559 for this vehicle, all inclusive. That is a no haggle price. Fitzgerld has similar price reductions for all Muranos in stock.
  • sassylady1sassylady1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks billy3554. Good info. Would also like to know how to figure out lease payment. Since car man isn't responding, does anyone else have lease figures and calculator for 2012 Murano SL FWD 39 month lease? Would really appreciate the help.
  • fairprice007fairprice007 Member Posts: 1
    Today, I Leased a 2012 Murano. AWD/ SL / Leather/ Navigation. $524.74 a month w/ first payment down. 39 months / 15k miles a year. Taxes in my county are 8.25% and were rolled into the lease payment. This is was all-in. No idea what the MF or RV was. MSRP was 42,069 and final selling price was $37,750. Good deals right now. Nissan's tent event for memorial day weekend already started. Might have been able to do a bit better on price, but conversation was starting to get weird. I live in Cook county Illinois. This site has been a wealth of information. Thanks carman and others for posting their comments.
    Hi sassylady1. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano SL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00024 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $38,225 and a selling price of $33,500, I estimate that this truck would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $411...assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • upstate_ny_galupstate_ny_gal Member Posts: 1
    Car Man can you tell me if I should keep negotiating and what is an appropriate target.

Murano LE Platinum package in upstate NY. Received quote two ways:
    both: money factor =.00074, MSRP 44160, Sales price 40660 (incl Nissan $2500 rebate)

1. 12000 mi/yr, 1st month plus DMV, roll in taxes payment $555.28/mo residual $20755
    2. 25000 mi/yr ($0.10/mi) 1st month plus DMV, roll in taxes payment $655.43 residual $17063

From the posts I saw for other models this money factor is much higher. Is that because of the model or am I being scammed? Credit score > 800.
  • josh78josh78 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, Do you know what are the lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano LE FWD with 12,000 miles per year? What should the payment be if MSRP is $39,865 selling is $34,209 and tax is 8.25% ?
    Thanks!
    Hi josh78. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano LE FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $39,865 and a selling price of $34,209, I estimate that this vehicle's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $389.

Car_man
    Host
  • madecassol16madecassol16 Member Posts: 1
    hello i need help.

i leased my car at 2010 and i am currently out of lease right now.

my original term was 39month and i got out of lease at 22 month.

its been almost a month that i returned car.

when i was process early termination, i talked to NMAC and dealer and they informed me that i have to pay: early termination fee and excess mileage/ or wear reposition fee.

i got the quote of $2536.71 for termination fee so i paid it before inspection.

i schedule the date for inspection and $0.00 was my quote. car was in great condition and i did not have over mileage.

so i scheduled return with dealership and made a return on june 2012.

now i am in out of country working and today, i heard that i got a mail from NMAC that i have to pay them $3514.05

it came from out of no where. i was expecting reposition fee but i got the bill saying that i have to pay

$6050.76(unsatisfied contract obligation+ disposition fee)-$2536.71(termination fee)= $3514.05

i do not understand why i got this bill because i asked same question every single times that i talked to NMAC and dealer that "what are the payment do i have to pay if i want to terminate contract early?"
    they never mentioned "unsatisfied contract obligation"

the reason why i choose early termination was that fee was way cheaper than payment that i have remaining

now if i pay $3514.05 it will be almost same as remaining payment at that time.

i did as clear as i can processing termination because i do not want my credit score to be hurt

the bill that is more than early termination fee is unexceptable for me and i can not understand why this is happening.

i ve read contract so many times but i still do not get why i am getting this bill.

what should i do? is this what it suppose be?

please help me . i could called NMAC but its sunday in US so i am posting a message.

thank you please help
  • mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    edited July 2012
    Looking at a 2012 LE Platinum with MSRP of $43,680.

What is a good sales price for the vehicle?

What is the current money factor for 39 month/12k lease?

What is the current residual % for a 39 month/12k lease?

Are these rates good into August, or only through July?

Also, what is NMAC offering in customer cash? I was told $1500. I am not currently in a Nissan lease so I know I won't qualify for loyalty program.

Thanks.
    Hi mgoldstein. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano LE AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

What you were told about the $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this this vehicle is correct, but this cash is only available in certain regions.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyjets24nyjets24 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man

Do you know what the Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano SL with 12K miles in NJ?

Thanks
    Now that's a good username. Too bad we stunk up the place last night. Here you go, nyjets24.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00078 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmsmith21gmsmith21 Member Posts: 3
    Any idea on the on the MR and Residual for the Murano LE w/Platinum? Looking for 36 & 39 month rates.
    Sure gmsmith21. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Nissan Murano LE Platinum AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00078 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • aham23aham23 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to lease 2012 LE AWD Platinum with MSRP $43,965 & purchase price of $38,045, or lower :)!

What are OCTOBER numbers for 36 and 39 month leases with 15k miles per year. Much thanks!
  • 1919lrxc1919lrxc Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Murano SL with around 10000.
    My lease expires in May of 2014.
    I was just wondering if I was going to take a big hit if I were to trade it in on a 2013 Dodge Ram when available.
    Do I have any room to negotiate with anything, or should I just wait out the lease and see if Nissan gives me any incentives on the Titan?
    The current buyout is $25102.
  • nissanlover2nissanlover2 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at leasing a LE for 39 months. MSRP is $41,945. There is also a cash incentive in Iowa of $1500. Where should I be at for the lease price before deducting the $1500? This is my first time leasing. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-
    Hello aham23. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Murano LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00078 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    Do you have the 36 and 39 month numbers for the Nissan Murano S AWD?

Thanks!
    Sure bashin. Here you go. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00163 and 54%.

There is lease cash and bonus cash on this vehicle that varies depending upon where you live. What state are you in?

Car_man
    Host
  • irenegadeirenegade Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan, I'm looking to lease my 4th Murano. My 2010 SL AWD lease expires 3-1-13. It was $439 for 39 months and I think $2500 down at the time. the buyout for Dec 31 is $19851.
    Trying to make sense of these numbers is giving me a headache, I never tried to work out MFs and costs before so I guess the dealers have been getting over on me. :)
    I'm in NYC, and hoping for a 2013 but after going to a couple of dealers, they seem to be pushing the 2012 old inventory. The deals they are offering do not seem that great.
    Are you aware of any current incentives or promotions or any coming up for either year?
    Would you have any approximate prices/monthly payments I should be looking for?
    Thanks!
    Wow your 4th, irenegade. You must be a big fan. They should put you in a commercial ;) .

If you're not familiar with exactly how leasing works, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You can find some sample lease payments for the Murano by visiting http://www.nissanusa.com/ and entering your zip code. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you should be able to beat any advertised lease.

In your area, Nissan is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 Murano and $1,500 on the 2012 Murano in your area right now.

Keep in mind that according to my crystal ball Nissan is going to introduce a $500 bonus cash incentive on both models later this week.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the great reply to my post and advice Car Man! Yes, I do love everything about the Murano, but for the first time, I may also consider the Lexus.
    One Nissan dealer told me that he believes an early lease termination program will start up sometime in January, so now I have a tough decision to make.
    I'm going to check the nissanusa link now.
    Thanks again!
  • floorx4floorx4 Member Posts: 4
    I've been reading through the questions and posts and just want to say thank you very much for the advice you give. I am looking to buy a 2012 Murano AWD LE Platinum. Since it is years end I think I should be able to negotiate a really good purchase price. Can you tell me the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month and 39 month 12,000 mile lease with Nissan on a 2012? Also, would these rates be better on a 2013? Thanks so much in advance. Looking forward to your information. By the way I am in Utah if that helps. GF
    Follow-up:
    I'm still in the dark with the factor pricing, but I bit the bullet and came home with a Super Black SL AWD with Nav. Came with crossbars for the roof rack, mud flaps, mats, and cargo cover.
    Paying $439 for 39 months with total out of pocket 1st payment of $2500. I am located in NYC, and turned in my old 2010 SL AWD lease(with 22K) 2 months early. The dealer bought out the lease and is selling it on its used car division. Hope this info helps someone!
This discussion has been closed.