Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

1262728293032»

Comments

• psegnitpsegnit Member Posts: 1
    Hello all. I am new to these forums. And have a question. I made a lease deal on a 2012 Nissan Murano SL with Nav package. ( Dealer demo with 5k miles) the sticker price of the vehicle was $41,300. I am trading in a 2004 Acura MDX( the are giving me $10k on trade) the lease payment is $320 per month for 39 months plus the trade. it is a 15k miles per year lease and includes 3 years maintenance on the vehicle. I am trying to decide if this deal was good or not.. i see now that Nissan has $1500 lease cash available..not sure i received that...what else should I discuss with dealer before finalizing this deal? I left $1000 deposit but want to feel secure about the deal..any input is helpful. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome irenegade. Happy Holidays!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're very welcome, floorx4. Thank you for the thanks :).

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Murano LE AWD Platinum with 12,000 miles per year are .00060 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00060 and 49%.

Nissan is providing a $500 bonus cash incentive on the '12 Murano right now.

The numbers for a 36/12 lease of a 2013 model are .00163 / 52%. The 39/12 numbers are .00163 / 51%. There's $500 bonus cash on this vehicle in all areas. There's additional lease cash on it in certain areas, but Utah is not one of them.

Car_man
    Host
  • matherfieldmatherfield Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the January residual and money factors for this car---Dec was .00060 and 50%----a recent visit to the dealer ---told me .00095 and 51%--top tier credit--thanks
    Hi matherfield. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Nissan Murano LE Platinum AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this model in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • matherfieldmatherfield Member Posts: 3
    Car man---thanks for the reply---hard for me to believe --but I know it is true---that the money factor went up from Dec to Jan---you would think Nissan would want to unload the Murano Platinum edition----the Dec rate was .00060 now in Jan .00095 will it go back down--thanks again
    You're welcome, matherfield. This sort of thing is actually more common than you think. Manufacturers often have very aggressive incentives in December to help boost their annual sales totals only to back off a little in January. It's difficult to say whether Nissan will enhance its programs on the Murano in the coming months.

Car_man
    Host
  • beancounternybeancounterny Member Posts: 22
    Hi Carman,

I just spoke to a local dealer who said the pull-ahead program is on for Nissan as of now through end of march. Could you provide any details? this is NY Metro area.

Additionally, if you have money factor and residuals for Feb or March on the '13 Murano SL & LE for 3 yrs, 36k.

Thanks so much for your help.
  • stephaneplsstephanepls Member Posts: 1
    I have a problem with my car Nissan Murano 2003 when I drive 20 miles each has the car has difficulty to move and my tires get too hot so I'd like a solution to this problem

Best regards
    I'm hearing .00119 and 52% for february on the SL with 12k miles for 39 months is this accurate (seems to be, heard from 3 sources)

Would love to hear about any incentives around the corner in march. They're all going with 2,500 in lease loyalty and other rebates as of today.
    Hey beancounterny. Nissan is currently waiving up to three remaining lease payments for NMAC customers who get a new Nissan.

NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Murano SL with 12,000 miles per year are .00119 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a LE are .00119 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man, really appreciate your assistance. Haven't pulled the trigger yet as the #s are just a bit high here in NYC.

One more follow-up, is the $2,500 in incentives accurate ($1k lease loyalty & $1,500 in incentives)? I think if there was another $1k or $1.5k coming soon I could close a deal with a few different dealers around here.

Thanks again for your advice.
    Hi Car_man, wanted to see how i did:

Just picked up a 2012 Murano LE Platinum package. 39 months/12k miles /yr

MSRP: 43,715
    Sale Price: 38,606
    MF: .00095
    Res: 51% (22,295)
    Payment: 451.47/month

Due at Signing
    Cap cost red - 3,365
    First Month - 451.57
    Sales tax paid in advance - 35.41
    Tax on cap cost red - 298.67
    doc fee - 399 (new plates, registered in ny, purchased in nj)
    Total $4,550

Payments
    Rebates - 3,500
    Out of pocket - 1,050

Essentially, we paid 1st month, tax on cap rebates, and part of the dmv/doc fees

other details if needed:

Cap cost summary:
    sale price - 38,606
    Tax - 1,558
    Title license, reg - 290
    Acquisition - 595

Total 41,089

would love to hear your feedback, i'm thinking i got a pretty good deal, its 2012 but fully loaded, not much out of pocket and the monthly payment i was pushing for.

Thanks for all the advice!

-beancounterny
  • razz13razz13 Member Posts: 1
    The dealer I just went to in Toms River, NJ gave me an offer of 529. a month 39 months on the Nissan Murano SL with Navigation. After reading all these posts that seems like their taking advantage of a woman.
    Am I crazy or shouldnt it be much lower?
    I ended up with a new 2012 model, but originally wanted a 2013 sl with nav, best I found in ny/NJ area was 487/month with nothing down except for tax on the factory incentives and DMV fees, approx 900-1000 out of pocked including first month. Good luck!
    You're welcome beancounterny. There is indeed $1,500 lease cash + $1,000 loyalty on the '13 Murano right now. There's another $250 for St. Patrick's day weekend as well in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • bkjerry82bkjerry82 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All. First off thank you for all the useful information. I am currently negotiating on a 2013 AWD Murano SL with Nav in NJ. So far I am being quoted $475 per month (including taxes) with $1000 out of pocket (registration fees and first month)

Breakdown is :

Selling price: $38,500
    Lease factor: .00119
    Term: 39 months
    Incentives: $2500

Do you think I am getting a good deal
  • mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Carman, do you have numbers on Murano SL for the northeast?

MF?
    Residual for $12,000?

Any incentives on lease?

thanks!
    Hello mdspinner. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00119 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In the Northeastern U.S. Nissan is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the '13 Murano right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • bansasbansas Member Posts: 2
    My wife's 2010 Murano SL is about to mature. Residual is 16,500 + 7% sales tax. The car is virtually spotless with less than 20,000mi. My question is, does it make sense to buy it since we have some inherent equity? Trade in was around 22,000. or try to negotiate for a newer model with bluetooth and NAV, (the only thing she wishes she had gotten)?? The dealer says it would'nt be a smart move based on his "Black Book". Thanks for the help as always..
  • eric312eric312 Member Posts: 71
    My lease on 2010 is ending on 12/1. Does Nissan currently offer early lease terminations or will they just add remaining monthly payments into the new lease?

Also, when will 2014 Murano come out? Will there be any special discounts on 2013 right before 2014 comes out?

Thank you
  • unity520unity520 Member Posts: 8
    I am in the same boat as you my lease ends. Same truck and same mileage. The truck goes back next december. I wanted to see if it was possible to trade in the truck towards the lease of a new pathfinder? What did you end up doing?
  • bansasbansas Member Posts: 2
    I bought it from Nissan LT for 18K. I had to go through a credit union because they said they can't sell directly. So I went to the Nissan dealer in Savannah to see what they do....
    How about tack on an additional $900. Fees and "additional dealer profit of $500", no thanks.
    Oh and by the way when I get ready to turn in my other 2010 Nissan I won't be buying another from them.
  • scubadave1scubadave1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in 36 of a 39 mo lease on a 2010 Murano. I'm 12K over on miles (.15/mile) and will probably be 15.5K over in month 39. Residual will be about $17.9K. Original lease was for 15,000/year.

I hadn't decided whether to buy the car or try to get a deal on a new one. I was planning on going to the dealership this week to see what deals might be available.

I got rear-ended last night. (Happy 4th of July!) The car's not in great shape, although it is driveable. Rear hatch won't open. The right side's been pushed forward and passenger rear door won't open. Lights & signals are all okay.

The driver who hit me's insurance company already contacted me & accepted full responsibility. My guess, based on what was paid when I got rear ended 2 years ago is there's got to be at least $6,000 in body work (trunk, rear quarter panel, rear door), and who knows if the frame's been affected. After being rear ended twice, I really don't want to keep the car. It's just not "lucky," or "bad Karma" or whatever you want to call it.

Should I get the repair work done before turning in the car, or try to get the dealer to take it in its current condition? I would think the dealer could see an opportunity to make a lot of money on the repairs, and even though the car's not a candidate for a "Pre-owned Certified" resale, all that repair money could be in the dealers pocket instead of a 3rd party body shop. If that's the case, I was hoping it would put me in a better bargaining position for a new car than I would have been before the accident. You know, I'm looking for a silver lining in this cloud.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about how a dealership will see the situation?

I'm in Northern NJ.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    car_man ,
    Can you post the July 36 and 24 month MF and residual values for a 2013 Murano LE AWD with 15000 miles per year?
    Thanks!
    Hi scubadave1. Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope that everyone is OK. That by far is the most important thing. While it's never fun to be in an accident, if everyone is healthy it could have always been worse.

Interesting theory. I personally don't think that returning a destroyed vehicle at lease-end would work to your advantage during negotiations. But, you can always ask the dealer and see what they say. You'll probably be better off just fixing your car and returning it. Let us know if you hear anything different.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly steevo. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Murano LE AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 49% for consumers who quality for its top credit tier.

A 24-month lease will definitely be a lot more expensive than a 36-month lease.

What state are you in? I ask because Nissan is providing cash incentives on leases of this vehicle right now in certain areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • scubadave1scubadave1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. The driver who hit me has Geico and they just gave me their estimate: $9878!. Bumper, quarter panel, floor, liftgate, and a bunch of other items I don't even remember, and a lot of labor charges. They assumed 100% responsibility and guarantee the work will be done to the dealers specifications.

The claims adjuster was surprised there were no injuries. I guess the Murano's a well made car, or I was very lucky. She hit me hard enough to set her airbags off.

How she could miss seeing a Murano on an open, empty road is beyond me. Well, not really, she was probably texting.

Meanwhile, the insurer got me a rental car, a Ford Edge Limited, and I'm really enjoying driving it. This was my third Murano, maybe it's time to try something else......
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    edited July 2013
    New York. Cross shopping a few cars for the wife, first choice is a BMW X3 .
    My lease on 2010 is ending on 12/1. Does Nissan currently offer early lease terminations or will they just add remaining monthly payments into the new lease?

Also, when will 2014 Murano come out? Will there be any special discounts on 2013 right before 2014 comes out?

Based on Google searches 2015 Murano will be completely redesigned. Does anyone know when it will be coming out?

Are there any special incentives on Murano leases in New York city?
    What are the august lease terms for Murano. 39 months, lowest mileage option, NYC.
    Are there any rebates in general and for returning customers in particular?

I saw on their website that there is 2450 equipment allowance. Does that mean i have to get car with options to use this discount?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The money factor for 39 month leases of the 2013 Murano is .00161 for the top credit tier.

Residual value is dependent on trim level.

39 mo. 15K/yr residuals:

53% for S AWD
    50% for SL and SV AWD
    48% for LE AWD

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    I was curious about that also. Does the equip allowance apply to leases? It excludes option code G92, but I can't find what that package is. I bet it's the nav package that I want on an SL!

Wait, for the lease cash of 3050 it Must include G92, while the equip allowance above says it does NOT include G92....I guess if you want G92 you should lease! Or, if you lease a car without G92 you get less $. I wish I knew what G92 was.

Would I take that $3050 off of the invoice price if I wanted to lease a car with the G92 package? Just clarifying that it's not built into the pricing already.
  • maxlevmaxlev Member Posts: 85
    edited September 2013
    Hello--

Wondering if anyone knows the September Lease Specs for a Murano SV 2WD in Los Angeles, CA area?

39 month 12k miles
    Residual?
    Money Factor?
    Incentives?

Thanks!!!
    49%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jmds18jmds18 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I live in New York state and never leased a vehicle before, so this is entirely foreign to me.

I'd like to lease a 2013 AWD Murano SL for 39 months (12,000 mi/yr) and keep my payment to under $400/mo.

So far, I received the following offer:

Selling Price: $38,180.00
    After discounts and rebates: $32,430.00
    Doc Fee: $75.00
    Tax: $1493.21
    Net Price/Balance: $34,790.71

With $3000 down my payments would be $410/mo.
    With $3500 down my payments would be $396/mo.
    With $4000 down my payments would be $382/mo.

Does this seem like a fair deal?
    I was hoping to get my payments to under $400 with $3K down.

How does one find out the residual value of the vehicle?

Any input or suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated!
    The residual on a 2013 Murano SL AWD for 39 mo. 12K mi/yr is 52% of the MSRP..

Given the numbers you've provided, the lease calculation appears to be correct (give or take $3/mo..)

If you want the price under $400/mo. with $3000 down, you'll have to get them to discount the price of the vehicle another $360.. If that's what you really want, just ask them for it.. and see what happens.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dandgdandg Member Posts: 91

Trying to help a friend,she was quoted

2013 Murano SV
    MSRP 36380
    Cap Cost 33000

Residual 50%
    factor .00028 (I think he meant .0028
    2995 down
    additional 1699 due at signing(+595 "acquisition fee" and 370 "administrative fee" plus first month 239.

How bad is this and any suggestions on were to push it lower ?
    many thanks in advance

The MF is .00028 and the residual is 50%.

To get to $239, the CAP cost would have to be about $27000.. so, a selling price of $30K minus the $2995 down. I'm assuming 36mo, 15K/yr lease.

I'm not that familiar with what sort of discount you can get on a 2013 Murano, but the deal doesn't look bad on the surface, other than the way it's structured. I would just as soon roll the $2995 into the lease, and up the payment to around $317.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dandgdandg Member Posts: 91

Thanks,
    She is still trying to negotiate it now

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please visit the 2014 Nissan Murano Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

This discussion has been closed.