Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Dealers are in business to make money, so that isn't being greedy. It is buyers who put extra money into their pockets by not refusing when told something is non-negotiable. ;)
  • jamrimanjamriman Member Posts: 14
    Yes nomatter, Nissan's $550 acquisition fee, apparently is negotiable if its for an 06 left over and you are willing to kill the deal over it...
    The thing is, about buying a car, we all at times get anxious and just want a new car. They count on that. Never buy a new car when you really need it. Buy when you can take the time to walk out. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have done that, only to arrive home to a call from the dealer on my machine, offering a lower price. ;)
  • jamrimanjamriman Member Posts: 14
    Its a dirty business. Should I complain to Nissan or speak to the district manager about these BS tactics?
    Be direct, and speak to the Sales or General Manager, or both, at the dealership first. If they don't set things right, speak to the Nissan District Office.
  • apa1128apa1128 Member Posts: 12
    Here is my situation. I am $6K upside down on my 06 Toyota Sequoia (which I hate), and am dying to get into a Murano SL 2WD with Touring & Sirius. This is what I was quoted, and was told that it's 'the best he can do' in Jacksonville, FL

$28400 for my Sequoia, I owe $34423
    $1560 down $699/mo for 42mo 12K/yr
    selling price on murano $31984 (5K off MSRP)
    payments include tax

when I run the same scenario via edmunds lease calculator with the money factor and residual that is noted mulitple times on this forum recently (.00058 and 52% respectively) I come up with $571.22 including taxes Is there something I'm missing here?? I want OUT of my Sequoia ASAP, and just want to know what the deal is, and if he 'can do better'.
  • tmnjmaxtmnjmax Member Posts: 19
    A couple of questions-
    - Find out the real msrp of the Murano - its not 5k plus 31894 - too high for that model.Probably closer to 35k.
    - The .00058/52% rate is for 39 mos, not 42 mos- whats the real rate the dealer is using? Nissans 42 mo rate is I believe .00120 with 50% residual

You already know this is gonna hurt but if you're gonna do it at least make sure the dealers not screwing you coming and going. Insist on a lease worksheet which should show all of the relevant data -and do a little homework on the invoice pricing for that model Murano. Good Luck.
    The MSRP is $35335. Invoice is $32056. I have not seen a lease worksheet, but I was also told that it would be the same for 39 mos. I just want my payments to stay the same. I'm not asking for much more than that. Thanks for verifying the rates for me. I need all the luck I can get!
  • whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    If you are not firm on the exact Murano you must have, perhaps you should try selling your Sequoia on your own and see if you can get closer to paying it off. I know it will be hard, but it seems like you are throwing money down the toilet. You may have jumped into the Sequoia too quickly and I suggest you consider your options before jumping again. Also, maybe you can shop around to different Nissan dealers as far as your trade value. You should have an idea of a fair Murano price before you start shopping the trade. Be careful...if you are unhappy this time, it will be much harder to get out of it.

ALso, I remember on my lease worksheet there was a line for MAX something or other. It didn't apply to me. It was the max they could charge for the car, and is used when somebody is upside down on the car they are trading (Like you are-owing more than it's worth)That may be how they came up with 5,000 of the MSRP. They have to inflate the MSRP on the worksheet to factor in what you owe on your trade, and make it all work for the finance guys.

Anybody out there know if I am correct?
    These lease worksheets probably vary from state to state, one thing is certain - they are not designed to be consumer friendly. If you don't know what to look for you'll be lost in the jargon. The lease contracts are even worse. The simplest way to approach it is to keep three things in focus: interest rate(low), negotiated price(low) and residual value(high). As far as selling a 30k suv privately forget it, you're better off trading it. Just be realistic on the trade value - try to get KBB or Edmunds trade value or at least something better than wholesale.
    whithall/tmnjmax,
    I currently have the Sequoia listed on Lease Trader and Auto Trader. Not getting much activity on either. There are two reasons why I am trying to unload the Sequoia. One, the seat kills my already bad back. The lumbar is in the wrong place for my frame (I'm 5'4). It is very difficult to drive in excruciating pain every day. And, my husband just purchased a double cab truck, and we simply do not need 2 big trucks. At this point, I guess I'm just going to have to wait, and be in pain every time I drive. The Murano is the right size, and the seat fits my frame.
    I have emailed the dealer I was working with asking him about my numbers vs. his, and have not heard from him yet. I will be sure to post his response when/if I receive it. Also, out of the 3 local dealers, he was the best one as far as trade value, and willing to work with me. The rest pretty much said 'no deal' and low-balled the Sequoia.
  • prh2knowprh2know Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,

I was hoping you could tell me if this seems like a reasonable lease offer. This is what the dealer e-mailed me:

2006 Nissan Murano SL FWD in Super Black with Charcoal leather interior

-cargo area protector
    -floor mats
    -SL leather / sunroof package
    -splash guards

List Price $33,595, your SALE PRICE $30,147.

39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, $721.35 total due at lease inception and your payment is $375.04 plus tax. The residual at the end of the lease is $17,133.45.
    unquote

He did not give me the Money Factor, but according to www.tcalc.com the interest rate is 2.078% if I worked that out correctly. Not sure how that translates into the Money Factor.

So is this a good deal? This would be my first lease, but it seems pretty decent. Thanks for your input.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi clueless. The lease money factor that you were quoted for the Murano that you are interested in is right in line with Nissan's current lease program for it. This is always a good sign. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with this truck's selling price first. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. If you tell me what this vehicle's selling price is, I can tell you if it is attractive and can use it to calculate what your monthly payment should be to double check what you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Jamriman, I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant shopping experience. The dealer really wasn't being sleazy by trying to charge an acquisition fee on your lease. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., Nissan's captive finance company, charges an acquisition fee of $550 on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this fee at lease signing or add it into your vehicle's capitalized cost. The dealer that you are working with did not have the authority to waive this charge, so they must have just cut the price that they were charging you for your Murano by $500. You can complain to Nissan or the dealership's manager all you want about the fact that you weren't told that there would be an acquisition fee on your lease, but unfortunately I'm not sure that they will care.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings prh2know. I believe that the Murano that you described has a spread of around $2,800 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. The selling price that you were quoted looks very attractive to me. Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $33,595 and a selling price of $30,147, I estimate that this truck's 39 month, 12,000 mile per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $361. If the payment that you were quoted includes sales tax, it's probably pretty close to what I came up with and this is a very good deal. In case you are interested, NMAC's buy rate money factor for a 39 month lease of this truck is .00057.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • decentdealdecentdeal Member Posts: 4
    Looking to lease a 2006 Murano S.
    I have been offered the following:
    Sticker Price $28485
    Cap cost including $550 acquisition $26475
    Residual $14527
    Monthly pyt $329 for 39 mos 12000 mi per year
    nothing down just first months payment of $329 (does not include tax) Dealer says this is the best he can do.
    What do you think Mr. Car Man?
    I really like the car! Need to know soon my 2004 odyssey lease is expiring.
    Decent deal. That is a base Murano, but its still alot of car for 329+tax. Check out the improvements Nissan made for 2006. Better interior, quieter cabin, improved suspension and 7" color monitor. Even mpg should be an improvement over the odyssey.
  • lctcsclctcsc Member Posts: 5
    The car is a 2007 Murano SL 4D AWD w/ Touring Pkg. and DVD Entertainment System.
    After walking on the orig. numbers approached by Mgr. ofering a one-time coupon from Nissan for $17,000.
    Here is the deal...
    24 mo. Lease Prophet Scan
    South Carolina
    Named a "SignatureOne Lease Plan" w no security deposit.

Customer cash/Rebate $17,807.33
    Total Cash/Rebate Equity: $17,807.33
    Inception Fees: $899.00

Orig. MSRP $38,420.00
    MSRP Discounts: $0.00
    MSRP Adjustments: $0.00
    Adjusted MSRP: $38,420.00
    Residual value (62.0%): $23,820.40
    Annual Miles: 12,000
    Mileage Adj: =1.00% $384.20
    Adjusted residual Value: $24,204.60
    Assignment Fee: $550.00
    No up-front Tax.

One Pay payment: $17,807.33

I never heard of a deal like this. Is it a good legit deal?

After hedging on the deal, I questioned about a monthly lease at these numbers and they offered 39 months @ $499.00.
    Again I hedged and walked and upon leaving the manager lowered the One Pay Payment to $16,746.34.
  • clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    Carman, thank you for your responce!
    I'm happy to report that I got a car, and that I coudn't have done it without Edmunds.com!!! such an informative site and this forum is one of the best! :)
    ok, so here is what I got:

Murano SL AWD w/touring, splash guards, rails on the roof, sunroof visor. Beatiful silver color with black leather, ahhh, I LOVE IT!!!
    The dealers were very pushy, but I was strong, and I stuck to my budget! I spend 6 hours on the dealership yesterday, but it was worth it :)
    I leased it for 39 month, with $1000 down and $379/month payments, 15K miles per year :) I fought for every freaking penny. The residual value of the car is going to be 18K. They told me that the residual is calculated off the MSRP? Because by the numbers I got, looks like they sold the car for under the invoice price, if I'm wrong, please correct me.
    Anyhow, the dealers looked quit unhappy, I think because I'm a young woman, they think that I'm easy to be taken advantage of :) And i'm actually happy that my hubby didn't come with me, he wouldn't have the patience :)
    anyway, thank you again, and please tell me if I did good? :)
    If that includes tax and tags its one of the best deals I've seen in this forum. If not its still a very fair deal.
    Still waiting to hear if anyone has had a lease deal that i described in message #272.... Not sure if this is a good deal or not????
    Tough to evaluate without price of car, interest rate etc.,
    also the residual looks very high at 63%. It looks like theres about $2500. in rent charges built into that lump sum assuming the residual is correct.

The only thing you really know is that the lump sum equates to about $429./ month when you divide by 39 and that does sound good for a 39k car. However you have to consider that you'll be losing about $75./month in income on the lump sum money(assuming you invested it at 5% interest). Have the dealer provide full details and repost-I'll bet you get alot more responses.
    Thank you for getting back to me.
    I am very reluctant to shell out a one-time lump sum on a lease. seems to defeat the purpose of a lease program to begin with.
    This sounds more like an "Open-End" lease, in fact the dealer said there are no more closed end leases.
    I agree, if I can get the same deal. Closed-End lease at $429/ mo. for 39 mos. It will be a good deal for that car!

I will let you know and appreciate any further responses.
  • needanewmuranoneedanewmurano Member Posts: 3
    Carman,
    I am looking at leasing a 2006 SL Murano with leather package. From looking at Edmunds I saw that I shouldn't pay more than $31,428 ($34,050 MSRP). The problem is that I am currently leasing a 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 fully loaded (no navigation system) for $303 a month and the lease ends in June. It is a 36 month lease and I have 15k miles a year, with 40,200 on it now. My buyout is $16.8k. I have 7 payments left. The dealer I talked to offered a selling price of $31.9k for the Murano he said he would waive the security deposit but claimed the market value of my Honda is $13k. When I looked at your site it says that I can expect $17,267 for my trade-in and the dealer retail would be $19,775. That being said, he said he could get me into the vehicle for between $449-459 a month, no money down. I could put $1k - $1.5k down but would prefer not to. I would like to have a payment b/w $325-$400. Is this possible? What is your take on these numbers and what can I expect. I really want to get into the Murano soon but am pondering about waiting until I get closer to 45k in miles so I can get a few more payments in. Please help me sort through this!!
  • clueless_girlclueless_girl Member Posts: 18
    as I said - i only paid 1000$ out of pocket, plus for the first month payment. and that is it. :)
    Good Job, that had to be way below invoice. What was the MSRP on the car?
  • mattdag25mattdag25 Member Posts: 15
    Hi car_man.

I just received this quote from me Nissan dealer. Do you think it is competitive? I was hoping to get into the $400 dollar a month territory including tax. I am turning in an 03 Pathfinder that is leased through Nissan.

AWD SL with Touring package.
    39 month 15K=427.27 + TAX
    799.77 d.o.d
    sale price 33476
    msrp 36335

Thanks for your help.

Matt
  • rzam111rzam111 Member Posts: 1
    Matt,
    For reference, Edmunds lists the Invoice/Others are Paying at:
    Invoice Others Paying
    $33,222 $33,489.

I just closed a lease (SL-AWD, Sunroof Pack) for $30900 (~$900 less than what is listed for others paying). I would try to get a bit lower. In my area there are 125 06's with the touring package available - odds are on your side.

RZ

RZ
  • cocolo2kcocolo2k Member Posts: 18
    I was just offered a deal of 39 month lease at 429/month 0 down, 12k miles and 19,000 to buy at lease end
    it was a murano sl awd with the touring package. I walked away because this is my first time and I am hesitant. Was I stupid?
    Well not being informed isn't stupid! ;)

That seems to be a pretty good deal, going by what others are posting here....maybe others know of better ones to be had?
    Hard to say - how much money out of pocket for fees,tax,reg etc?
    HE couldnt give me a exact amount on the taxes, regs, and etc because but I am guessing that stuff would come out to about 2000
    7.75% sales tax in California and Nevada. In California, license fees would be nearly a grand.....
    Assuming you are buying the car at invoice and you are paying ALL inceptions fees UPFRONT -(taxes,acq.fee,registration,doc.fee,first payment)and you are getting the Nissan 39/12k money factor and residual you should be at approx 399./month-If you are not paying ALL of the above upfront - your payment will be higher.
    are there any november lease deals? is there deals for current undergraduate students?

little off topic:
    is it me or does leasing you feel like your throwing away money on a rental car? I like the murano but I was wondering if I should go certified used on a 05 or 06 model and save some... I want to keep my payments as close to 400/month as possible what are my best options if I have 7+ score on credit?
    If the rates are still in effect for November IMO you're better off leasing the 2006 Murano due to the lease support Nissan is providing. The 39 month lease money factor equates to an interest rate of 1.37 pct. Check Edmonds rebate section.
    clueless,
    where did you go?
  • mattdag25mattdag25 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have any idea if the lease rates from Nissan have changed (for 06 SL AWD w touring package) from last months numbers? I am interested in a 36 or 39 month lease with 15k.

Thanks
    Matt
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    Local dealership has offered to lease me a 2006 Murano S AWD MSRP $31,045 with no money down for 39 months,12,000 miles for $279 a month plus sales tax. Up front payments are $550 ACQ Fee, $299 Doc Fee, first payment $279 plus registration and title of $85.00 He only has four 2006's left at this price. This appears to be a great deal. Am I missing something or something I should ask before I enter this lease?? I did not ask for Cap Cost, Residual Value or Money Factor because of the great monthly payment.
  • pacerfan_11pacerfan_11 Member Posts: 10
    ronaldc,

This appears to be a very good deal. Where are you located? I was quoted $368 per month for a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year and $900 due at signing. Our quote was on a 2006 Murano S FWD with an MSRP of $27,450 in Indianapolis, IN. Compared to other vehicles, the lease we were quoted doesn't seem to be very competitive. However, I know I would move forward with the Murano lease if I was offered the same deal you posted.
    Where you live, AWD would really be a big help, and better resale value. ;)
  • ronaldcronaldc Member Posts: 50
    I live in Massachusetts. Checked with another local Nissan dealer today and they are offering the same Murano for $289.00 plus tax. It seems that this is the going price in this market.
  • maplerivermapleriver Member Posts: 1
    Received an offer tonight from a dealer in NE on an '06 SL AWD with the touring package, MSRP of $36,685. 39 mo., 15k miles/year, zero down, for $390/mo. First payment + TTL due on delivery. Seems like a great deal - but I'd feel better if someone would confirm it. Is this a subsidized lease offer that expires soon?
    Read the last two or three pages here (and you might want to scan the Prices Paid forum as well)...it seems like a good deal, comparable or better than what others have gotten. :)

CarMan posted here someplace about that special deal....see it is 3 months longer than the normal 36 month lease, and has a special % and all that.
    Hi decentdeal. By looking at the MSRP that you posted, I take it that you are looking at a stripped 2WD 2006 Murano S. The selling price that you were quoted for this vehicle looks good to me. It appears to be right around or slightly below dealer invoice. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $28,485 and a cap cost of $26,475, and Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s 39 month, 12,000 mile per year lease program (.00039 / 50%), I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $329, just like you were quoted. This looks like a very good deal to me. If you like the vehicle, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, clueless_girl. Congratulations on your new vehicle! It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy :).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings to the appropriately named needanewmurano. You still have nearly 5,000 miles left on your Accord before you have to pay any excess mileage penalty. At your current pace, 1,340 miles per month, you will only exceed your mileage allowance by 3,000 miles. Paying an excess mileage penalty on 3,000 miles will be a heck of a lot cheaper than trading in your Accord with $3,800 in negative equity in it. If I was in your situation I personally would keep my Accord until I was closer to the scheduled end of my lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Matt. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00039 and 50%, respectively. I believe that the truck that you described has a spread of around $3,200 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $2,859 on it, which is pretty good. Using these prices and the aforementioned lease program, I estimate that this truck's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $413 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and $421 with the deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi cocolo2k. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mediaguy2mediaguy2 Member Posts: 38
    black '06, msrp 38,085 -- touring w.sirius, vdc, , spash guards, mats, sunrood wind deflector, cargo area protector, gross cap cost 35, 789, residual 19, 423, acquisition fee 550, 1150 due at signing includes first month, monthly is 467 with tax, 39 months, 12k. i think i can bring it down some and boost to 15k. but all comments welcome on the lease deal as it stands.
This discussion has been closed.