Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• andyking18andyking18 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car_man and everybody else, this is my first time leasing a car. I am looking into a fully loaded Nissan Murano for my wife I will be leasing the car in Miami, and I have tier one credit. I would prefer a 2 year lease, although if it makes that much of a difference in price I would take a 3 year lease. After all is said and done (taxes, fees, etc.) approximately how much should I expect to pay per month? THANK YOU!
  • jamrocjamroc Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    Here's the details on the lease....
    Here is what I found out for the Murano SL.
    It comes standard with the back up camera. The only
    way to get the roof rack is with the prem. package.
    which gives you roof-mounted luggage rack, adjustable
    pedals, Bose audio system with AM/FM cassette/in dash
    6 CD changer, 7 speakers and speed-sensitive audio
    volume control, cargo net and retractable cargo area
    cover. This vehicle has no leather or sunroof. has a
    msrp of base price of 29,300.00 invoice 26,945.00
    premium 1,650.00 1,432.00
    crossbars 190.00 146.00
    freight 650.00 650.00
    total 31,790.00 total 29,173.00

This is a Costco price of 2000.00 down and 15,000
    miles a year 1st payment included. you are at 345.04 +
    tax which is 26.74 total payment is 371.70 please let
    me know.
    Thanks,
    Jamroc
  • moronomorono Member Posts: 3
    Car Man - How is this

Murano Sl AWD w Touring + Sirius
    MSRP around $36,200
    for Cap cost $32,500 (about $350 below invoice)
    Total fees including Sales tax, 1st month, license fees, document fees of about 2200. 39 month lease 12k per
    $375 per month?
  • howboys39howboys39 Member Posts: 3
    A local dealer has some left over '06 Murano SL's. Is anyone aware of any leasing deals or incentives going on with that car right now? What should I expect with their residuals given the car is already one year old? Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance
  • itsmeddpitsmeddp Member Posts: 4
    I live in Brooklyn, New York, Zip Code 11235

2007, Nissan Murano SL, AWD with Touring Package (that includes leather package, premium package & the sunroof package as well).
    Dark wood trim kit (edmunds says its $100 dollars but the dealer said $300.)

MSRP by the dealer is 36,500, which included the wood trim.
    I pretended to want to buy the car via cash (no financing) and got them down to $32,668. They said this included a 1,000 rebate that was already decucted which is probably bs.

I told them to work a lease price off that price, not the sticker.

After crazy negotiations yesterday and today:

$365 a month for 39 months, 15K Miles per year on the lease.

I am putting out of pocket $1532 to reduce montly payments and $2463 to cover all the taxes upfront, dmv, security/acquistion, etc....

The residual on the vehicle is 50% on the car after the lease is up (based on 15K mile lease)
    The money factor is not great, but pretty darn good at .00033

I'm picking it up today. I spoke to a couple of lease "Afficianados" and they say I did pretty good. Using a lease calculator they said the lowest I would be able to get it for was about $345-$355 a month So I think 365 is pretty damn good,

respond only if you know what your talking about and your configuration is the same, less the wood trim if applicable.

Thanks!
    sounds like you did pretty well my friend. I'm getting the same thing, less the sirius radio for 365 month for 39 months BUTTTT I am getting 15k miles for this. I'm in new york. i'm putting down 3995 which includes 1532 in monthly payments and $2463 to pay all the crap fees and all the tax upfront. respond when you get a chance.
  • forman350forman350 Member Posts: 11
    Hello-

I am in the NY area as well. By any chance,did you get the vehicle at Bayridge Nissan? I am looking to lease the Murano SL AWD with the Leather and Sunroof package only-Auto Trans.

I am not sure about pricing yet but it sounds like you got a great deal. Why did you have to put down so much money and the payment is still over $350? I leased my last car and I just paid the first months lease with the prepaid taxes and the bank fee, DMV/title/Delivery fees.

Do I have to put down as much as you did to get the payment around 350?
    Hi Forman350.

I did get the car and I absolutely love it!

I did not get it from Bayridge nissan because they wanted me to sign a buyers order form before they would give me a leasing rate. I felt that was crooked business so I went elsewhere. I went to three dealers and I found someone who didnt bs me (well at least not as bad as other car salesmen). If you email direct I will send you directly to the right place and a great salesman, who did NOT play games with me at all.
    I put down that money b/c dealers look forward to 3995 b/c it gives there specific branch some money to "play with" upfront. it also makes the manager happy so they are willing to work with you a bit more (more money upfront etc....) I paid all the taxes upfront with that and all the other ridicoulous fees.
    Anyway, feel free to email me directly (itsmeddp@optonline.net).
    Dave
    To Carman or anyone else here who has had experience with Nissan's bank fees and security deposits. Are they negotiable? How easy is it to negotiate them out of the lease or will they include them in one form or another?
  • needanewmuranoneedanewmurano Member Posts: 3
    Hello-

I got the following quote from a dealership this past weekend in Omaha Nebraska and am wondering if this is a good deal and/or any advice.
    I am currently leasing 04 Honda Accord, $303/mo with 2 months left on my lease. This deal has nothing to do w/ current lease as I will pay remaining payments/fees out of pocket.
    I am interested in leasing 2007 AWD SL with premium package with XM installed ($599) so will work with factory radio and 15k year in mileage.

MSRP: $33.2K
    Selling price: $30,637 + $599 = $31,236
    Residual: .49
    Money Factor: .0033
    Sales tax: is 7%
    -do not have Nissan's current leasing rate

Payment was quoted to be $432 with XM installed, $415 if XM is paid out of pocket. Plus 1rst months payment and security deposit due at signing, $425+$415= $840.
    I am not putting any money down on the deal.

I emailed the saleswoman to see if they would do the deal for $385/mo including XM installed and 15k miles.

Is this reasonable or does anyone have any advice?
    THANKS!!
  • needanewmuranoneedanewmurano Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, it is a 39/mo lease. Which I believe is the best thing Nissan has going for Muranos.
  • letterxletterx Member Posts: 4
    If the car I am leasing needs tires or any other type of work for instance brakes etc. Can the dealer charge me back or is that just normal wear and tear.

Thanks,
    Letterx
    Just leased a new '07 Murano 2WD SL with Leather Package and the floor mats/splash guards/cargo. MSRP was 32,990 with invoice at 30,198. They gave it to me for invoice with no dealer fee (although, of course, they had to show it so they lowered the selling price of the car to 29,600). Drive off was $1180 which included first month's, tax, tag, and acquisition fee. Total payment was 375+ tax which came out to be $397. I think I did fair but I still get the sense the bottom line on this truck is another $500, but when I tried to get another dealer to beat it, they couldn't.

What do you think?
  • jjk20jjk20 Member Posts: 13
    is this a good deal?
    '07 Murano SE AWD
    * every option but the rear DVD player
    MSRP $ 40k
    OTD @ invoice
    39 mo. lease
    $1000 drive off
    $450/mo
    no security dep.
    thanks!
    Here is the deal that I got in NY
    Murano SL AWD with Touring plus Sirius
    Roof Rails, Sun Roof shield, Carpeted floor mats,cargo area protector -
    MSRP 36,820
    Selling Price (cap cost) - 32,000
    15K miles 39 months
    Residule 50% (buyout 18,410)
    Money Factor .00033 (.792% not 7.92%)
    Sales Tax 7 3/8%
    No Cap Cost Reduct
    Paid up front 1st month, Taxes, DMV total 1900
    Monthly payment $441
  • silverride1silverride1 Member Posts: 6
    i went to the dealer today for a lease and was told , the $1000 rebate does not exist for a lease to reduce the capilzation cost (sell price) on a lease. i was told this 2x
    any ideas??
    was given $5000 total out of pocket ,39 mo, 12k $279 a month
    capilization of $34000 SL AWD w/ touring msrp $36,305
    :mad: i could do better (right)??
  • silverride1silverride1 Member Posts: 6
    looks good to me
    what dealer in nyc did you do business with
    THX
    went today to sign deal. Everything was the same except the Cap cost showed 34,950, which was totally new for me. I bargined for the lease to be based off of 32k. The payment was 440. Didnt feel right. Need to talk to the General Manager.
  • waydewayde Member Posts: 198
    In MN - seems to be a good deal. Comments?
    SL AWD + Touring

MSRP $36,460
    Net Cap Cost $33,294
    Money Factor .00029
    Residual 51%
    Buyout $18,594.60
    Up fronts down $891 39 months 12k
    $432 (this includes MN tax rolled in)
  • capflamcapflam Member Posts: 1
    Guys,

I'm a newbie and for my second lease in a row I would love to make a great deal on a Murano SL.
    Can someone help with the following questions?

# First off I am "trading" my current lease on a 2005 Honda Accord, 24000 miles, 8 remaining payments of $305 (car is super clean)

# Now I am trying to lease a Murano SL, touring package, leather seats, sunroof, roof rails.

The MSRP seems to be around $35,000
    I pay $3,000 upfront which includes first month of lease out of 39.

Total monthly payment would be $427/month including 7% taxes (FL)

....for some reason I feel I could do much better than that but I am not sure where to look at.
    I went to the dealer twice already, now I am looking for good advices: what should I look at, which numbers are important, what price would be a good deal?

Thank you!
  • agadkariagadkari Member Posts: 5
    Hi
    I have a offer to lease a Nissan 2007 Murano SL, with 3000 down and 334 per month. After procuring the VIN # and speaking to the insurance company regarding the insurance amount the insurance company told me that the vehicle is a Nissan 2007 SA instead of an SL. Was that a typo on the end of the Insurance company or is there an SA model in the 2007 Murano ? Also does the above mentioned deal sound good? I live in NJ.
  • bpeughbpeugh Member Posts: 1
    Nissan just announced a new lease offer on its Murano S AWD. $2999 down and $299 per month for 36 months. Base price for the S is $27,750 with the included options the MSRP comes to $30,990. Although this Vehicle does not have all the options I want I'm wondering if its a good starting point. Any suggestions?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    The Security Deposit has to do with your Credit score, if you have a mid fico score of 650+ then NMAC well drop the $500 Security Deposit.

Regarding Bank fee's, I haven't seen that in any of my Nissan Contracts, I'm wondering if that is a state to state thing, I'm in AZ.

Tony
    Not really, as Nissan is supporting the Murano S AWD. Either by, a LOW money factor, or a over inflated Resdiual.

Tony
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Greetings andyking18. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to estimate what sort of lease payment you can expect to pay on the Murano that you are interested in. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. You can look up the MSRP for the truck that you want in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of what sort of price you will have to pay by looking here: "Nissan Murano: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know what these numbers are and I'll do some calculations for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Jamroc. You mentioned the MSRP and the invoice price of the Murano that you want, but you never mentioned its selling price. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be glad to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi morono. $350 below dealer invoice is an excellent price for a lease of a 2007 Murano. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current 39 month buy rate lease money factor of .00029 for the '07 Murano SL AWD to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi howboys39. One can still lease 2006 models through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. through the end of the month, but Nissan is no longer providing lease support on '06s. As a result, if you were to lease one through NMAC you would have to use its standard lease program...which is not very good. Its lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year to give you an idea of what this lease program is like. Let me know if you want something different. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an '06 Murano SL AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00315 and 42%, respectively. You will probably find that if you want to lease a Murano it will be cheaper to go with a 39 month lease of a 2007 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • new2me2new2me2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man

I am new to leasing, and want to make sure I am getting a good deal. Could you please answer the following questions for me?

Do you know what the current money factor is for Nissan?
    What the current residual is for 39 month lease Murano?
    What I should expect to pay per month on the following.

example
    MSRP 2007 Murano SL pack with sirius $ 36800.00

Selling price (TMV) $ 33,800.00 maybe I can get them down to $ 32800.00 ????

39 month lease, no money down, and I live in texas.

I do thank you for you assistance. :shades:
    Hi howboys39. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. This charge is not negotiable. You can either pay it at lease signing or add it to your vehicle's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment.

NMAC also charges a security deposit equivalent to vehicles' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing. This charge is not negotiable either. You can either pay it, or choose to have your vehicle's deposit waived in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate your car or truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings to the appropriately named needanewmurano. The money factor and residual value for the Murano that you are interested in look good. Now let's take a look at its selling price. A base 2007 Murano SL AWD has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $1,964 on the specific model that you want. This is probably around $600 over invoice, which isn't bad. You may be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off of this truck's selling price, but I don't think that you're going to be able to get down to the $385 per month including tax that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Letterx. Excessive tire wear is one of the items that banks do charge lessees an excess wear and tear penalty for. Having said this, if you are only leasing for around three years and you rotate your tires a couple of times during your lease you should have enough tread left on your tires that you will not have to pay any sort of penalty. Your brakes shouldn't wear out over the course of a normal lease, but if they did I suppose that you would have to put new brake pads on your vehicle before returning it or possibly have to pay an excess wear and tear penalty for that as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi howboys39. It looks like you got an outstanding deal on your Murano to me. Dealer invoice is about as good as it is going to get on a lease of a 2007 Murano right now. As long as the dealer that you got your truck from used NMAC's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment, and it looks like they probably did, this is a very good deal. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello jjk20. Dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a lease of a 2007 Nissan Murano. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor of .00029 (for a 39 month lease of an '07 Murano SE AWD) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new truck, morono. It looks like you got a very good deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Unfortunately, silverride1, what you were told is correct. The $1,000 customer cash that Nissan is currently providing on the 2007 Murano is not compatible with its special lease program. Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. A base 2007 Nissan Murano SL AWD has a spread of around $2,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $2,300 on the specific truck that you want, which looks like a very attractive selling price to me. As long as the dealer that you are working with is using Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s 39 month buy rate lease money factor of .00029 for this model to calculate your monthly payment, this is a very good deal. The only aspect of it that I would change if I was doing this lease is the large amount of money that you are considering paying at lease signing. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wayde. This looks like a very good deal to me. The selling price that you were quoted for the Murano that you want is very attractive and this lease's money factor is right in line with Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate for this term and model. If you like the truck, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi capflam. Chances are that you are going to lose money by trying to get out of your leased Accord eight payments before its scheduled end. You probably will be able to get a much better deal on your new vehicle if you want until you are close to the scheduled end of your current lease to get it. If you really need to get out of this lease now, you need to find out what selling price the dealer is trying to charge you for the Murano that you want. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing the selling price of the vehicle that you want, it is difficult to tell if there is any room left to negotiate. If you let me know what selling price this lease is based upon I will gladly give you my opinion of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi agadkari. There's no such thing as a Nissan Murano SA. The Murano's trim levels include S, SE, and SL models. It looks like someone at your insurance company just made a typo.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Murano that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bpeugh. Manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a better deal on the a Murano S AWD than the one that Nissan is currently advertising. Of course, if you are interested in a more expensive truck, its payment will be a little higher. If I was looking to lease a Murano right now I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice and then have the dealer that I am working with calculate my monthly payment using Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor, which is currently .00029 for a 39 month lease of an '07 Murano S AWD. I provided you with the 39 month money factor instead of the 36 month one because 39 months is the most attractive lease term for this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings new2me2. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Murano SL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00029 and 51%, respectively. The monthly payment for your lease will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate. I personally would shoot for around $500 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • botsbots Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I wasn't planning on leasing a Nissan, but happened to really like the Murano. Really didn't feel like negotiating, but the salesman threw these #'s at me while I was practically running out the door...
    Nissan Murano SL AWD w/touring package
    MSRP $36550
    Sales price $34,411
    $3000 down (covers all fees)
    38 payments of $390 + tax (1st payment included in down)
    I didn't stay long enough to get $ factor or residual.

He made it sound like the best deal in history. I wasn't overly impressed. I was hoping to put down $2000 with a payment of $400 or less. Am I being tight or does his offer sound like a bargain? Seems like the sales price could come down a bit. I'm also wondering if I reduce the mileage to 12K/year if that would help make my numbers. Any advice is much appreciated!
    Well, I negotiated a bit and we settled on $2000 down (1st payment + all fees incl) and 38 payments of $393+tax, BUT I opted for 12K instead of 15K, which is about right for me. They gobbled it up and I took her home. I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I have never been a big Nissan fan, but this car is absolutely beautiful and drives silky smooth. We love it. The guys at Thousand Oaks Nissan were exceptional too. I hope that info helps somebody out. Good luck!
    Interesting when I leased my 07 Versa, I was informed that Nissan doesn't charge more for 15K over the 12K miles. That is why I went for 15K over the 12K and my payments didn't go up at all.
    I wasn't aware of that. That would suck for me. Hopefully it won't matter. I'm wondering if anybody out there has negotiated a lower purchase price at the end of their lease. I don't plan on doing it, but it would be helpful to know that if the manufacturer was willing to deal, I would have that option.
  • j_manj_man Member Posts: 2
    I went to the TO Nisssan dealership during lunch yesterday. As mentioned previously in this thread, the guys there were very nice although a little pushy. It was the last day of the month, so they were pushing to get the deal done. I drove a Murano SL with the touring package. We went there with the idea of trading in our 2003 Infiniti G35 for a murano (yes, kids) and paying the balance in cash. We were surprised about how much they were pushing the lease. We have always bought our cars so we are new to this also. We read the links you provided earlier in this thread and are trying to decide. The lease deal we were quoted was $2000 down on a 39 month lease (1200 miles/year)with a sale price of 34,114.83 and a monthly payment of $415.47 ($445.28 with tax). Not sure of the details ($factor, residual). Does this sound like a reasonable deal? Also, they didn't give us information about our trade-in, but can you negotiate that in regard to lease terms?
    We are going to drive the mazda CX next and compare. Comments/advice would be most appreciated.
  • mickeyrickeymickeyrickey Member Posts: 1
    Proposal is 322+tax total 345 month for 39 months. 12,000 miles per year .00029 and 51%. Cash out of pocket = first payment, tax, tag. Is this reasonable?
  • piterburgpiterburg Member Posts: 4
    I apologize if this is not the right place for my questions. I was wondering if anybody knows if fees like bank fee, security deposit and disposition fee are mandatory for Murano? Also wondering if anybody used Vehicle Purchase Plans that Nissan has with some Employers and what experience was.

Thanks in advance
  • piterburgpiterburg Member Posts: 4
    Was offered the following deal for 2007 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring:
    Selling price is $33,268
    Money Factor .000240
    Residual factor is 50%
    39 month/12K miles a year
    $366 + $20 in NY taxes=$368 a month
    no security fee
    First month + DMV fees

Is this a good deal? Could there be other fees? :confuse:
    Trying to get in to the contract shortly. Any help is appreciated. car_man? kyfdx?
  • argot23argot23 Member Posts: 2
    Here is the lease I entered in to 2 weeks ago. How did I do?

24 month/12,000 miles

2007 Murano SL AWD with Touring Package, Pearl
    MSRP: $37,290
    Gross Cap Cost: $33,488.52
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $6,840 Trade in on '99 Maxima SE loaded with 100,700 miles.
    Residual: $22,746.90 (they told me it was 61% and that the residual percentage is set by Nissan and cannot change, although now I see that people have 50% and 51% listed on other posts. While I was dealing with the salesman the manager wrote down a Residual of $20,014 but when we got into the dinance office they had changed it and said that the manager made a mistake and they can't control that number)
    Payment: $225.00/month including taxes
    Extra: Made them throw in the Sunroof wind deflector

Please let me know how I did...can't quit thinking about it!

Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.