Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi hiloyo. I don't believe that you ever mentioned the specific trim level Murano that you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want an '09 Murano S AWD. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of an '09 Murano S AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00239 and 59%, respectively.

Your vehicle's residual value is set by the bank that you are leasing it through and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter it. However, dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" or pad vehicle's money factors to add additional, hidden profit to deals. This is why it is important to know what the buy rate is for the model that you want prior to visiting dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome dannyhashovav. Congratulations on your new baby girl. Traditionally, manufacturers captive finance companies, like Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., are willing to extend lessees deals for a few months at their current payment. Unfortunately, I don't recall ever seeing NMAC renegotiate a lower payment with someone who wants to extend their lease.

You're right, the auto industry is in shambles right now, so you never know. Given NMAC a call directly and see if they are willing to work with you. As I mentioned, I suspect that they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking. If they are willing to extend your current lease at a lower monthly payment, make sure to stop back and let us all know.

Car_man
    Host
  • dannyhashovavdannyhashovav Member Posts: 24
    Thanks much Car_man,
    appreciate your response and I will surely post what NMAC response would be after I call them to discuss.
    thanks again.
  • indianajohnsindianajohns Member Posts: 89
    In my opinion, I wouldn't lease a Murano for $500 a month. If you were wanting to save a little money you could easily lease a LOADED Ford Edge Limited for $375 or if you wanted to keep it at $500 I'd go with the Acura RDX. The Ford Edge is the way better deal though. It has all the same bells and whistles as the other two but actully is offered at an attractive price.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I drove a ford edge and was hoping it would make me want to buy but the drivetrain was loud and the throttle was touchy so I drove the murano and was sold. Liked everything else about the edge so when my lease runs out , I'll give it a serious revisit. I also saw nothing related to a lease on any ford. Thought the american car makers discontinued them because they lost out big time. My loaded sl awd is $330 for 36 months.
  • jordangjordang Member Posts: 7
    I also want to lease a 2009 Murano LE AWD. Why in 2005 was I able to lease a 42k Murano with GPS AND DVD for $389 month including taxes with 15k miles per year? My lease is up January 1st and would like to own another Murano, however I refuse to pay $600 per month for a leased car. All the dealers are complaining and actually had my dealer call today saying the the payment will increase if I don't take advantage this month. I found a quote for an Infiniti FX35 and G35 loaded with a better lease rate. I have been a loyal Nissan owner for the past 20 years, numerous Maximas, Pathfinders, 350Z and finally a Murano. I guess it's time to look for another SUV such as the Lexus or maybe the Mazda CX-9! Come on Nissan give us better Murano Lease options!
  • dannyhashovavdannyhashovav Member Posts: 24
    As promised. I called NMAC and spoke about wanting to continue with a lease on my 05 Murano, but at new, negotiated terms. First they had hard time understanding what I wanted ("Do you want to terminate your lease? You will have to pay termination fees..." the lady with a heavy accent kept asking....)Anyways, after about 10 minutes on the phone with them, I finally understood that I better be off with a new car, at new rates with new warranties and less hassle. though I really really love my car and would have a hard time parting with it :-)
    thanks
  • aillonaillon Member Posts: 10
    I actually was sold on the Edge, I was just about to pull the trigger when I thought I should just test drive the Murano. 30 seconds into the test drive I was sold on the Murano. The Murano's ride and transmission is light years ahead of the Edge. Edge is cheaper though.
    I had the same experience and I really wanted the Edge. By going with the Sl instead of the LE, with awd, premium, moonroof, leather, mats and guards my price came in at $29200. Don't think I could have done much better on the Edge. In three years when my lease is up, I'm hoping the Edge has been upgraded and polished to get me interested again.
  • hiloyohiloyo Member Posts: 3
    The Murano I'm trying to lease is an SL FWD with Leather and Premium pkg.
    Msrp 32045 negotiated today 29117 today.Everyone happy til I pull the Lease card.
    Whoa round and round we go,that price only for purchase bla bla bla.
    Their next ploy Ok price is 29117 money factor .002750 and residual %52.
    I said can you wait I want to call NMAC to see if those 2 numbers are current.
    Whoa again bla bla you can't have everything your way bla bla.
    I simply said are we through playing games and are we going to make a deal.
    Response these are the numbers,my response Have a nice day.
    Of course the salesman is chasing me across the parking lot explaining he had nothing to do with it,and maybe if i would look at a lower model Murano i could do better.
    I actually called NMAC after I left the dealer and they would NOT tell me the residual or money factor,they said see a local dealer.
    I guess my question after all of this is , how do I find the current residual and money factor from NMAC which is who the lease will be through.
    Getting frustrated with Las Vegas Nissan dealers.Only 1 left i haven't been to.
    Thanks for any help.
    My dealer in alton ,Illinois will sell you a murano sl with awd, moonroof, premium, leather, mats and mud guards --- list 34240 -- sell 29266 .
    My lease numbers from them were money factor=.00315 and depreciation fee %59 for a 36 month lease. Those figures are from NMAC. What you do with sales tax and down payment is up to you but with $5400 down [includes $1900 tax] my payments are $330. 12k per year. The 39 month figures were .003025456 and 57%.
    You could fly to St. Louis buy or lease the better equipped murano and drive it home and not have any grief. If you have the time you could save and take the bus.
    The dealership is Autocenters nissan , wood river, Il. Good luck.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Why woud you put $5400 down on a lease, the idea behinding leases is to get into the car with nothing down... Use someone elses money to drive the car not your own.
    Zero down would have cost me around $500 per month. With $5400 down my payments are $330. The difference of $170 X 36 = $6120. If I put the 5400 in a cd at 5.00% for 36 months then my $5400 would grow to $6251. A $130 penalty but I just feel better with the lower payments. If I put it in a 3-4% money market , I'm ahead about $130. This is my first lease so maybe I'll do things differently next time. From what I'm reading online, I still think I did pretty well for a rookie. I'm certainly open to advice on how to do better. Constructive suggestions are always welcome.
    It's also worth noting that every lease offer I've seen has $3-5k down and that doesn't include sales tax. My $5400 included $1900 in sales tax. Very few sign and drive deals and those are usually base vehicles that I wouldn't want.
    You're very welcome, dannyhashovav.

Car_man
    Host
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    I agree with flightnurse. Why would you put money down on a lease??? That is the point of leasing. Saving money vs a regular bank loan. The point really isn't WELL IF I PUT MY MONEY IN CD'S....blah blah blah. If the Queen had a package she'd be the King. The point is FIND A CHEAPER LEASE. People, you can't just go find ANY car and say "yes I will lease that one." Not if you are trying to get a good deal anyway. Shop around. Weigh the bank loan vs lease option.

I leased my Ford Edge (LOADED, AWD. MSRP $35K) for $349 with ZERO DOWN, ZERO OUT OF POCKET except first payment. That is how it's supposed to be done. If you find a car that is $30K and it's lease payment is over $500, you might as well buy it.
  • stoopystoopy Member Posts: 105
    I've been looking at 09 Murano. I'm with you. I just can't justify paying over $500 a month for a leased vehicle. Frankly, it is ridiculous. You are supposed to only be paying for depreciation and usage fee. I have been reading this forum hoping for some wisdom or a beam of light or something. Mostly all I've read is how people are getting WORKED by their dealers and Nissan.

I got a quote for an 09 Subaru Forester Limited AWD loaded for 36 months NOTHING DOWN and it was $353 a month. A $29,000 MSRP truck and it wastn't $500 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll probably go with that.

Good luck to all.
    Wow, did anyone catch the article that Nissan is cutting back production on the Murano because lack of sales and large inventory? Why spend millions of dollars on Murano advertising when no one can afford the lease? Maybe Nissan wants out of the lease business.
  • jnalpakjnalpak Member Posts: 3
    this sounds like a great deal, can you send me the dealer you got this from as i am being quoted your deal but for a SL....i would rather the LE if i could get your deal.

thanks
    Gee Chuck , thanks for the constructive reply. I especially liked the caps that emphasized your respectful, helpful demeanor. And the blah blah blah comment really set me straight in a friendly sort of way. I hope you enjoy your Edge. My wife and I really enjoy the Murano.
    Now getting back to the topic, I would be interested in the details of your lease. When you got it and for how long? Did you get the LTD Edge and what did you do about sales tax. Do you have any knowledge of the domestic manufacturers discontinuing leasing because I don't see much advertised in this regard. Thanks
    you read my lease details which have been targeted as less than stellar. Like I said, I'm a rookie at leasing but love the murano and still feel I did ok putting $ down. Probably do it differently next time but all car deals are money losers. Anyrate you mentioned the BMW X3 as a better leaser. Checked online and the deal is $3289 down plus tax [$2500] and title, reg, and doc fees extra. Probably 6k down. This is for 36 months at $389 per month / 10k miles per year. This is a base vehicle without heated seats and no moonroof. I like the murano much more than the BMW so show me the error of my ways. If BMW would agree to waive my downpayment and pay my taxes and add 2k miles per year and make my payments $330 instead of $389 then I would agree the deal is better. Show me the light!
    Someone at Nissan must be reading all of our posts, two different dealers told me that Nissan will be releasing new lease and purchase specials tomorrow.

Could this be true?
  • stoopystoopy Member Posts: 105
    I agree Chuck68516 was a "tad" harsh. But, he did inspire me to put my 2 cents in and I do agree having researched several different crossovers and SUV's that the Murano is way too unattractive of a lease. You can name several of their direct competitors that have leases $100 less per month or more. I get that some people lease to make financial sense and some people lease for their own strange reasons. Personally, I would not throw money down the toilet leasing when for a few extra dollars I could get a bank loan and own it. I have read a bunch of the so called experts in this forum and a lot of them are saying if you can't save at least $100 a month leasing vs. buying then don't lease. In my opinion that makes perfect sense.
    I was set to buy the murano and with 5k down I would have been financing 26k. Assuming zero% financing [not available--could have had 3.9%] 36 month =$722, 60 month $433. I pay $330 for 36 which is all I want right now. Seems to fit your criteria but the most important factor is that I liked the murano much more than anything else in that class. To lease or buy something just because the deal is better when I don't want it doesn't make sense. I'm not saying those cars aren't fine rides but I wanted the murano awd,leather,double moonroof etc. I didn't want the bmw, lexus, edge, audi,mazda etc. I wanted to spend 3 years in a sapphire blue murano with the beige interior and I did the best I could with what was available. Even though you feel there are better deals, I got what I wanted and next time around I'll be a bit more discerning. But what I will promise you is that I will get what I WANT . Hopefully that will be a competitive lease but if it isn't, I'm still gonna get what I want. I really like this car and that's the bottom line. Neither my wife nor I smoke, drink or gamble. If you engage in any of these activities you do so because you enjoy them. Those can be expensive habits but it's your money and I'm happy if your happy. A very moderate monthly budget for those activities would be $8-900 a month for the two of us.My payment is $350. If the lease rates on the murano aren't as competitive as some other cars, so be it. Could I have done better? Probably, but not for what I wanted when I wanted it.
    When I'm too old to drive, sitting in a nursing home in an electric wheel chair, I'm going to remember the cars I really enjoyed driving not the ones I got the best deal on. It would be nice if they were one and the same but if they're not ,they're not..Who knows what will ring my chimes in three years. These car deals are all losers so I'll do my best on the finances and go for the smile factor.
    $1000 rebate on muranos but doesn't apply to those who lease --- yet.
  • fabricmanfabricman Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2007 Infiniti M 35 X that my wife drives. The lease is up in a few days. She loved it. I can't wait to get rid of the big payment and the 15-16 miles per gallon.
    She really liked the new Maxima but there are no lease deals out there. Too new!
    So, she now likes the 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD, loaded, with Nav. Sticker is about $38,000.
    I haven't received one incentive from Nissan Motor Credit to get into another Infiniti or any other Nissan product! It really ticks me off!
    I have to make a decision in a few days.
    I been to a dozen Nissan dealers. There are tons of Muranos out there!
    I am looking for 36 months, not 39. Don't want to be looking for a car in Feb. in 3 years. 15 K per year. An extnded bumper to bumper warranty to bridge the gap from the 36K that Nissan gives you, and the reality of the 45k I am signing up for.
    I want to pay the first payment, title and plates. I tell each dealer $1,000 out of pocket.
    The best prices I am getting are $499, $489, $487.
    What do you think???????????????????
    I would really like the LE for her but the prices on those seem to be about $550?
  • jnalpakjnalpak Member Posts: 3
    There are deals to be made, dont give up on the Murano.

I'm in the tri-state area (ny/nj/ct) and recently signed a new lease:

2009 Murano SL
    moon roof
    Tech pkg
    prem pkg
    leather
    rails
    mud flaps
    floor mats

$150 down
    $499/39mth lease

i am very happy with this lease
    good luck
    Don't know the details of your lease but it sounds unbelievably good. 1k down and less than 500 a month with 15k miles. The good thing is that the're projecting the residual at 21k [%57] and in three years after the auto industry crash it probably will be worth $12-14. Not your problem nor mine. There will be a ton of Muranos available and the loan values will be way down. Good for leasers bad for buyers who want to trade.
  • rorodadrorodad Member Posts: 13
    Hi:
    I totally agree with your post. I too am looking for a Murano awd,leather,double moonroof. If I understand your post, you are paying $350/month (tax included ?) for 36 months. Where did you get this deal ? This is the amount I want to pay to lease. Any money down?
    Was bank fee included in the $350. ? Thanks for your anticipated response. Bob
  • jmarinojmarino Member Posts: 19
    Simmons-Rockwell is leasing the Murano S model right now for $389 a month 39 months 12,000 NO MONEY down .. I was quoted $429.00 a month same specs on SL .. Is this deal too good to be true ?
    Thanks for the information. I called the dealership for a quote this morning!
    My lease payments were figured on the 3k down that Nissan advertised and here in Illinois you have to pay sales tax on the delivered price of the car --$1900. I could have rolled it all into the lease payment but I chose to pay the 5K upfront. I negotiated almost 5K off msrp so there was very little surplus hidden in the deal. Most advise rolling everything into the lease payments--- this was my first lease so next time that's probably what I'll do but the total cost is pretty much the same.
    Leasing overall seems to becoming less attractive as manufacturers have been getting burned with higher depreciation than forecasted. Good luck.
  • jmarinojmarino Member Posts: 19
    Did they give you that deal on the Murano S ?
    I called the dealership in upstate N.Y., They didn't have the Murano SL loaded in White. He couldn't quote me and at the end didn't want to bother. Waste of time!
  • wannamakwannamak Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have recent experience negotiating the lease on an LE with dual moonroof, navigation, and roof rail cross bars (or similar features)? If so, can you tell us the price you based the lease on, residual, and money factors?

Also, does anyone have any experience turning in a leased Nissan recently? We own a Murano that we will be turning in, and have heard horror stories about the AIM inspection process (eg, coming up with big bills for damage, tire wear, etc.) and we want to know if anyone else has experienced this. If so, we'd like to try and negotiate around this in leasing a new Murano.
  • saltshakersaltshaker Member Posts: 5
    If your willing to lease a new Murano, they probably won't hassle you too much for damage. When I turned in my Pathfinder lease, they wanted $425 for damages but were willing to look the other way if you leased or bought a new car. Just make sure you don't except a ridiculously bad lease only to save a few hundred bucks - the salesmen's first offer will no doubt be awful.
    I had the guy from AIM out last week. It was a kid with a laptop. He looked it over in 5 minutes and gave a a quick clean bill of health. No hastle at all!
    I am still trying to lease and SL AWD loaded for under 500 with 1,000 out of pocket. found it for $488 but it got sold from under me. Now the best I've found is $498, 15k, 36 month with an extended warranty to 45,000.
    An LE would put it to $550-575 per month.
    Just leased a fully loaded white SL including Navigation.
    15k miles per year for 39 months
    No money down except for first payment. Since I was leaving a 2005 Murano I was able to take advantage of $1,000 for owner loyalty.
    Total including taxes $492 per month. All I can say is Wow, what a great vehicle!
    Lots of power, very cool technology and better gas mileage. I too wanted a loaded LE , however MF and residual is better on the SL.
    did you get the extended warranty to carry you beyond 3 year/ 36k ?
    No extended warranty. I have been a loyal Nissan fan for about 15 years.
    3 Maximas, 2 Pathfinders and 2 Muranos. None of my vehicles have ever been in for service except for routine oil changes. I wish I could have said the same for all my
    Pontiac vehicles.
  • zone7zone7 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased an SL AWD '09 Murano with prem package and leather package:

$2700 out of pocket (includes taxes and fees) + 1st months payment

for $384/mo. @ 39 months. Thought it was a good deal at first, but now I'm not so sure. Great car.
  • aillonaillon Member Posts: 10
    Not a bad deal Jordang, I leased the same car with 5000 down (on paper they said my trade was 3000, in reality it was 1500) for 337 a month. So every 1000$ is about 25$ a month. So we are about the same. What did was your selling price and residual?
  • zone7zone7 Member Posts: 2
    Will check the papers tonite and let you know.
    MSRP around $37,990
    Selling price $33,600 (including $1,000 loyalty)
    MF - .00212
    Residual - 53
    Sales Tax - 7.525
  • dsk4dsk4 Member Posts: 12
    I was in at a Dealer October 30th and almost walked out with a fully loaded SL including Nav. The deal was12K miles per year for 39 months, Tax Tags and Titles, and 1st month down only. Started at $550.00's but were down to $520.00 when I left for the evening. The next day we briefly talked about $500.00 but I wasn't ready to buy yet so I didn't firm it up. I thought I was on the right track to a good deal until I found this forum. With this deal I still had to put down close to $2500-3000 for T,T,T and 1st month rent. Lucky for me I still have till end of November to find a replacement car.
    After reading this I think I can do better. I would love to roll the tax tags and title into the lease and still be at $500.00. Is that possible? I don't need more than 12k per year, the past 2 leases have been returned under mileage. Thanks in advance.
    Got my 2009 Murano SL AWD, $37,990, Loaded, leather, preium,tech. Nav
    15k, 39 months, 1,000 out of pocket. = $486.00 per month
    We love it!!!!!!
    WOW that's seems like a great deal. So all your taxes and title were in the lease and you walked out with only 1k down?? What is the Price of the car? and that other stuff please.
  • wannamakwannamak Member Posts: 3
    I wish I could give you some advice, but we just decided to buy a Volvo V70 wagon instead of another Murano. We bought the Volvo at 10K under the MSRP, at less than we could buy the Murano, and we liked the way it drove better. Also, Nissan was very difficult to deal with - lots of games in their pricing, in our experience. I'd be careful - I don't think the deal you were offered is that great. We had a similar offer on an LE (ie, we finally got down to around 520 a month) that was loaded, with zero down. If you want the Murano, I think you can do better than 520 with 3,000 down on a car that's priced at around 38K.
    I went to a different dealer today near me and they wouldn't go for it, Zero to 1k down, 39months, under $500.00 for the rent. The best they would do was this. They went to great legnhts to say that he deal I wanted was not possible. He even pulled out a sheet and showed me how they are ready giving me 2k below their invoice. I mentioned that they have about 30 of these sitting on the lot but they didn't seem swayed. The meeting ended

MSRP 38.5000
    MF .00208
    39 month lease
    55% residual
    w/ 1k down they would do 12k miles for $550 / 15kmiles they would go $560
    w/ 2500 down they would go 12k miles for $519.00 / 15k miles was $508.00

I can wait to see if they call. I want to go back to the first dealership and mention that I no longer want to pay all the taxes and stuff up front and see what he will say.
    That $520.00 offer was with me still paying 1st month and taxes, and titles. Am I asking too much or are they thinking that in this economy that they are going to make a profit on the car? Thanks
    Here is the lease sheet print out on a murano sl awd that listed for $34240 and sold for $29266 --- I did not get the 1k rebate but this was available to the dealers before it was announced and I did get it. This murano had the leather, premium, sunroof, mats and mud guards. The no money down deal including Illinois sales tax was $483.80 for 39 months and 12k miles per year. You could buy that car at the dealership I bought mine for $5500-6000 off list but you would still have a more expensive car to figure your lease. Your deal is bad from a selling point --they figure you are interested enough to be worn down. I don't know where you live but you could fly to the St. Louis area and drive home your murano and save $2500 on the deal minus you airfare. You could take the bus or hitch hike and save more. They have a bunch of LE's with $5000 off just to start -- you might ge the 1k on top.
    LOL, I live in Maryland so tax is 6%. I now have two dealers working for me. I went back to my 1st dealer today and modified my offer to now roll taxes into lease and only put a solid 1K but still be under $500.00 for payment. He called back tonight and is trying to get me out of nav. now and offered 1k down plus 1st month rent. for SL loaded , no nav. $530.00, with Nav is now up to $588.00. He won't be clear on actual car cost we are working with to get to these numbers. I ask for him to talk to Fi guy and clear up numbers.
    Dealer 2 called back and offered a better deal. SL loaded w/o nav. is at $495.00 or with nav. $525.00 with only 1K down. This seems promising but said couldn't move on anything until after the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.