Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello bmw3434. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. Its most attractive lease term is currently 39 months, so I provide you with info for that term. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current 39 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder S 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Luis. This deal would be easier to understand if you treat your trade and your lease as two separate transactions. First find out the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Once you have this number, you can see how good a deal you are getting on your new vehicle.

Next find out how much this dealer is giving you for the A4 that you want to trade in. You can compare the price that they are willing to pay you for it to its approximate market value by looking it up in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com Used Car Appraiser. The difference between what the dealer is willing to give you for your car and how much you owe on it is how much equity, or negative equity you have in it. If your car is worth more than you owe, you would be better off having the dealer cut you a check for it rather than use the proceeds from it as a down payment on your lease. Consumers who make down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you owe more than the dealer is willing to give you for your car, you will either have to pay the difference out of your pocket at lease signing or roll it into the capitalized cost of your leased vehicle.

Anyhow, if you provide me with this truck's MSRP and selling price I would be happy to use Nissan's current lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jkdcrane. How much money is this dealer giving you for your Touareg and how much negative equity is it rolling into your new lease? This will be an enlightening to find out because it is usually fairly expensive to break leases early. I would be happy to use Nissan's actual lease program to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with this truck's full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jslanders. I should be able to give you an idea of what this truck's monthly payment would be like if you were to lease it through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. However, in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey illinisig. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 model are .00136 and 54%. Nissan's 39 month lease program for the Pathfinder is much better than its 36 month program, so don't even bother with the 36 month term.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • njpathfindernjpathfinder Member Posts: 38
    Just picked up an 06 Pathfinder SE in North Jersey. Having a hard time figuring out how I did. This one was in the showroom and had the $2,699 dual screean entertainment system in it, but they didn't factor it in the MSRP on the lease. (There was a second window sticker listing the DVD entetainment system and an undercoating to bring the MSRP to $36,000).

I also turned in my 03 Pathfinder that had 4 payments left and was 6272 miles over. Here are the numbers, please tell me how you think I did so I can be at peace with this.

MSRP $33,005
    Down Payment $0 (just fees and first month)
    They absorbed $2432 for my current lease
    Lease payment $424 tax inclcuded
    If it helps the math, they were going to do $379 tax included. zero down if they didnt absorb my current lease.
    Forgot some details

39 months, 12k miles
  • jrb999jrb999 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, my wife and I have just gotten serious about a 2007 Pathfinder LE 4WD lease. On the initial visit to the local Nissan dealership yesterday, they quoted me $469/mo. for a 39-month lease, including a trade-in of a 2003 Ford Explorer worth around $6300 ($12235 Edmund's trade-in minus around $5900 loan payoff). They didn't want to provide any details as to trade-in value, residual value, etc., so here I am attempting to get more details on a what a fair deal is for this lease with our trade-in.

Details on the current residual value and money factor for the
    2007 Pathfinder LE 4WD would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • jrb999jrb999 Member Posts: 2
    > Details on the current residual value and money factor
    > for the 2007 Pathfinder LE 4WD would be appreciated.

Oh, and the dealer mentioned there may be a few 2006's left, so I could use the current residual value and money factor for the 2006 Pathfinder LE 4WD as well. Thanks again.
  • jslandersjslanders Member Posts: 2
    MSRP was 32250
    If it helps, this is what they gave me for numbers in North Jersey for a 2006 SE with an MSRP of $33005: MF .00029 with a 51% residual for 39 months, 12k per. They dug in around $450 per month with only fees and first payment due but eventually came down to $424 plus gave me a check for $2500 for my current lease which I need to mail to Nissan. I think I did good but waiting for Car_Man to confirm. I got mine off the showroom floor which has an after market dual screen dvd in it which was not factored in lease. It was a promo on a few SE's from what they told me. Good luck and hope this helps.
    Hello jrb999. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

For now I can tell you that Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00136 and 52%, respectively.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing a new one, however it is in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from this deal as a down payment on your lease. I say this because consumers who make down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their vehicles are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information for the 2006 model, jrb999. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Pathfinder LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cpj15cpj15 Member Posts: 38
    What are the current residual values and money factors for a 2006 and 2007 Pathfinder SE with 15,000 miles for 39 months? Thanks in advance.
  • zeus1zeus1 Member Posts: 8
    I just leased a 2007 Pathfinder SE for 39 months with 15,000 miles year. The sticker was 36,220 (it had comfort, premuim,leather and DVD package). My monthly payment will be 450/mo including the KY sales tax of 6%. I only paid the acquistion fee and first month payment down (roughly 1,000). I have used this dealer numerous times and feel like I get treated good. I just wanted a gut check to see if I'm wrong or right about the deal. Thanks
  • jdg2512jdg2512 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, am I getting a good deal? Lease term 39 months, 369 pre-tax, purchase option 14,690.75. Zero down, first month payment and license due at signing.
  • jdg2512jdg2512 Member Posts: 2
    I decided against this....had a weird gut feeling.
  • mrschlesmrschles Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote in Central Jersey of $459 (includes tax) for 36 months. I only paid the acquistion fee and first month payment down (roughly 1,000).
    What do you think?
    Thanks
    You should be able to get an SE with 15k miles for around $380 tax included with the same out of pocket. Just going by my experience. I got it for $424 but they gave me a check for $2500 to payoff my current lease. Subtract that $2500 and it comes to about $380.
    Is that with the premium and leather package?
    No mine is an SE. The only difference between SE and LE is the leather. I didnt think it was worth the extra money. You should look at previous posts for the residual and money factor and figure out the deal. Its tricky but just google around on how to do it.
    Help- Can anyone give me any tips on how what to do with the residual and money factor?
    Thanks
  • kh_edmundskh_edmunds Member Posts: 1
    Hello car_man or anyone else - what is a good monthly lease payment for either the 2006 or 2007 Pathfinder SE 4X4 with a sticker price of $33,000? I just came from a dealership in Salt Lake City where they quoted me at $500/month including tax for the 2006 (that includes my current lease buyout... not considering that buyout it would be about $450). No money down - 12,000 miles/year - money factor of 0.000160 (seems good) - residual value of 48% (seems too low). Overall, the price seems high to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  • gnygny Member Posts: 2
    Need ur input-'07 SE 4X4 auto w/ comfort & premium pkg.-39 mnths-$329/mnth-$3,524 initial payment (includes $3,195 down payment, 1st mnth payment).MSRP $33,180 & Net cap rate $28,313. Money factor is 0.00135. Residual amt $17,917. Good deal or not? What are ways to maximize the cap rate reductions & are there ways to avoid such a large down payment? Thanx.
    Hi cpj15. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00119 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Pathfinder SE 4WD are .00016 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jdg2512. I would be happy to give you my opinion off this deal, but I need some additional information from you first. This info includes this truck's MSRP, selling price, and mileage allowance. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mrschles. It is important to make sure that the money factor that the dealer you are working with is in line with your vehicle's buy rate money factor because dealers often try to mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals.

You can also use your vehicle's money factor and residual value to calculate its lease payment. The formula that you need to do so is outlined in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Check out the following informative article for more information on how leasing works: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kh_edmunds. These trucks' lease payments will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on them. For now I will assume that you were able to negotiate a $2,000 discount on these trucks. For feedback on how much you should pay for them make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with an MSRP of $33,000 and a selling price of $31,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $397. The payment for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 model with the same prices would be around $388.

As you can see, the $500 per month payment that you were quoted is way too high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi gny. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on your Pathfinder. I personally always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. I do so because if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment will essentially disappear. You would be much better off not making any down payment.

A typical 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD has a spread of $2,600 or so between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. Once your $3,195 down payment is backed out, you are getting a discount of around $1,600. That means that you are probably at around $1,000 over dealer invoice or so. That's not a bad price, but I would not be surprised if you were able to beat it by a few hundred dollars by shopping around a little bit. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Pathfinder SE 4WD is .00119. Make sure that you negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the truck that you want and then have the dealer that give it to you calculate your truck's lease payment using this money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gnygny Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man. Is the acquisition fee negotiable or could it be waived. Thanks
  • starxstarx Member Posts: 1
    Here's the deal they offered me: 39 months for $625/mo w/ no money down (just $1300 in inception fees) for a 2007 Pathfinder LE w/ Leather and Nav (MSRP $38,450). This includes a trade-in of a 2005 Acura MDX w/ Nav and DVD with a payoff of $32,050. Is this a good deal?
  • jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
    Here is the Lease I was just offered on a 07 Pathfinder LE with Nav, floor mats, cargo mat, and sunroof visor. 15k per year, total walk in cash of $1000.00

MSRP is $38950.00

They started at $599.00/ month for 39 months

I worked them down to $525.00/ month for 39 months
    then it went to $550.00/month, and they cut me a chack back for $1775.00 to pay off the remainder of my Ford lease.

I walked away.

The way I looked at it was this:
    If I stay in my current lease of $335/month, I will save $215/month for the next 5 months. That is $1075.00.

I will probably be able to talk them into the $525.00 payment then.

What do you guys think?
    Should I have taken the deal?

2 other factors to consider.
    -I will be over in miles on the old lease, and will most likely have to cut a check back to Ford for $1000.00
    -I really wanted the black interior, the truck on the lot had the tan. I might as well get what I really want.
    Hey gny. Unfortunately NMAC charges a $550 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or have it added into your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi starx. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello jackel142. You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • erich7erich7 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man!

Can you please tell me if this is a good lease and what is the money factor for the ff:

39 months @ $299 + tax (12,000 miles/year - LOS ANGELES, CA)
    $2,999 Downpayment (includes first month, $0 security deposit, excludes TTL)
    MSRP - 28,250
    Net Cap cost - $25,164 (includes a $550 non refundable acquisiton fee)
    Residual $15,537.50

Thanks so much for your help. :)
    Just received a quote on an LE with Nav, mats, cargo mat, and visor of $464 + tax, 15k per year, total out the door $1000.00
  • gopherhockey1gopherhockey1 Member Posts: 3
    Here is my quote from a local dealer. Loaded with NAV, DVD but no Sirius/XM. I think I can do better, but the dealer won't budge. How does this look?

Lease price: 37269 (MSRP 40290)
    Residual: .52
    Money Factor: .00127
    39 months
    12,000 miles
    0 down
    0 incentives or discounts
    $569.71 / month
    I just sent an e-mail requesting a quote on a specific model & equipment to 10 dealers. I told them that I would be accepting bids for 24 hours, best deal would get my business. 6 replied, with a full range of prices.
    Keep shopping, you can do much better
    Stay out of the showroom, shop via e-mail. You will have much more control of the deal.
    Just make sure that they are bidding on the exact same vehicle & include all taxes, fees, etc...
  • memorex2memorex2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm looking to lease a Pathfinder. My wife and I currently share 1 vehicle which I have a loan for, which is a Nissan Murano, we like it but the payment is $540/month.

I thought maybe I can get a lower payment for a nicer vehicle if I lease. It's looking I was over optimistic because as far as I can tell it's going to be a challenge to get a nice version of a Pathfinder for $400 to 450/month.

Should I go back tomorrow and consider rushing through a deal or is it possible that an even better deal will pop up for March? The dealer mentioned something about residuals changing negatively (50 to 48, something like that).

I went to the dealer today and there was a lot of pressure to buy within the next 2 days because of the Nissan events going on right now. I know it IS a good idea to buy near the end of the month (manufacturer incentives for the #1 selling dealer, etc), I also don't feel conmfortable rushing and feel like the dealer would try to exert pressure on me, and don't feel like I'd have time to compare.

There's another twist, the 2004 Murano SL we have has about $19,000 left on the loan w/ 35K miles. As far as I can tell, the current value is just about $19,000 (or perhaps a little less). Someone told me even if the trade in is about even it will often be a money maker for the dealer and should work for my advantage, is that true?

Thanks for helping, this forum is awesome.
    What worked for me was to go to the Nissan web site, build the exact truck you want, then send an e-mail to approx 10 of the closest dealers. Be very specific on the options, colors, and trim level you want. Tell them the terms of the lease (usually 39 months is best for Nissan), how many miles per year, and your total walk in cash. Tell them you will be accepting bids for the next 24 hours via e-mail only.
    Stay out of the dealership, and off the phone. You will have much better control over the deal.
    I received quotes that varied by $100 per month, on the same vehicle. You should be able to get a well equipped SE for $450/month. My LE with Nav was $464 + tax, 1k down, 15k per year. (Colonial Nissan in eastern PA).
    If you can't put a deal together this month, don't worry. They will keep making more Pathfinders. Take your time, and get the exact truck you want. You will be driving it for 3 years. Don't settle for what they have.
  • cheaplawyercheaplawyer Member Posts: 2
    Just took delivery of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4 with Nav and DVD. Lease 39 mos, 12k mi/yr, just inceptions down. $508/mo out the door, everything included. Never set foot in the showroom. NJ dealer.
    Hi erich7. Was the down payment that you made deduced from the capitalized cost that you mentioned? If it wasn't, you are being given around a $2,500 discount on this truck, which is a very good deal. It really is not in your best interest to make a down payment when leasing anyhow. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Consumers who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses NMAC's current 39 month buy rate lease money factor of .00109 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • southpaw75southpaw75 Member Posts: 33
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried to do an early lease termination of a current NMAC lease for a new Nissan lease? I have 4 payments left on a 2004 Quest lease and I'm interested in either an 07 Pathfinder or Armada. Anyone have any experience with either NMAC or the dealer paying the lease off early to get you in a new one?
    At any times do they run a promotion of this sort? I've seen GMAC do it from time to time.
    Thanks.
    Hi gopherhockey1. The truck that you described has a spread of around $3,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You were quoted a $3,000 discount on it. That is a very good price. The lease program that you were quoted looks good, too. This looks like a pretty good deal to me. It never hurts to shop around or try to haggle a little more, but this is probably as good as it is going to get on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi memorex2. Dealers love to create a false sense of urgency in consumers to get them to finalize their deals asap. It is true that vehicles' residual values fall as the model year progresses. However, manufacturers often increase their lease money factor by a proportionate amount to keep vehicles' lease payments about the same. As a result, it often doesn't matter if one squeezes a deal in before the end of the month. Of course, it never hurts to deal at the end of the money because dealers are often to provide good deals to boost their sales totals, but the most important thing is that you understand your deal and you are comfortable with it before physically taking delivery of your new car or truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi southpaw75. Nissan and DaimlerChrysler run early lease termination programs all the time. I know that Infiniti is running one on the Infiniti G35 Sedan right now, but I am not aware of any early termination program that Nissan is offering. It never hurts to ask your dealer to see if this sort of program is available, but I don't believe Nissan is running one right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nymarcnymarc Member Posts: 1
    I'm in central ny and just came from the Nissan North
    and got a quote on a 07 SE w/preminum package, comfort and leather. MSRP of 34620 and they quoted 580/month on 39month
    15k lease. I thought this was very expensive, what is the MSRP, money factor and residual I sould be calculation on.
    It was also with first payment down also.

Any help would be great :confuse:
  • shark6996shark6996 Member Posts: 1
    2007 nissan pathfinder SE 2 year lease with premium,leather,
    and comfort packages 12k/year.....$3500 down plus taxes $360/month....msrp $35,000

is this a good deal? any feedback appreciated
    Hello nymarc. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 52%, respectively. If I was in the market for a lease of an '07 Pathfinder right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact truck that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.