Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• eagle40beagle40b Member Posts: 13
    I believe this is a good deal, but let me know if anyone has any feedback:
    Pathfinder SE V6 4WD w/ Prem Pkg, Floor Mats, XM Radio

LEASING 36 Months

MSRP w/ Options = $33,980
    Invoice = $31,381
    Residual = 55%
    Money Factor = .00145
    Mileage = 15,000 (but buying to 19K @ .10 cents per mile)
    * Residual gets reduced from $18,678 to $17,378

Negotiated Cap/Purchase to $30,060.60 (plus Acq fee of $595)
    Monthly Payment = $419.00

No money down. No taxes (New Hampshire)
    I hit all Nissan Dealerships within 100 miles and worked all of them to make sure their stories were straight with regard to Residuals, Money Factors, etc. Also pushed on Holdback and Market Support, and have gotten to this point. Knowing everything about the process was the most helpful - especially negotiating the price/cap cost and never talking what I wanted to do with regard to payments/
  • bsurdovalbsurdoval Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I am trying to calculate my lease payment and I am having trouble determing where to add the Acq fee, DMV and Doc Fees.

Here is my information from the dealer, Ramsey Nissan in NJ

MSRP $28,645
    Dealer Invoice $26,225
    He would sell it to me $25,600 (Yes that is what he said)

Now the rub..
    Residual Value $17,187
    Money Factor .00145
    Term 36 months/12k year

Total per month $334

What I am supposed to pay up front
    1st month $334
    Acq fee $ 595
    DMV fee $354
    Doc fee $269

Total $1552

My question is where do I account for this when I calculate what the payment should be. What is my Adjusted cap cost?
    Also are there any rebates on this vehicle? I think I am getting a good deal with 60% Residual and a money factor equivilant of 3.48%
    I used this payment calculator to verify that the quoted monthly payment was accurate.

http://auto.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Lease-Payment

I secured my lease with the gross cap cost (price of vehicle) negotiated almost $1,200 below invoice. Several other dealers said they wouldn't touch it and couldn't understand how or why that particular dealer was doing it - and they suggested there might be some shenanigans going on. There weren't any.

I paid the Acquisition Fee up front. As far as I can tell, it's non-negotiable. It's NMAC's fee. I also paid the first month payment, and the Admin/Doc fees up front. I don't have any tax since I live in New Hampshire, and the title fee is only around $27. I paid all those things up front - however I could have rolled them into my monthly payments if I had chosen - or at least I could've rolled the Acquisition Fee into the payments.

The money factor of .00145 is set by Nissan, and the Residual of 60% is also set. Once you negotiate the Cap Cost and determine how much money you are going to pay up front, you can plug all the numbers in the calculator I linked to above and it will verify the payments. Good Luck.
  • eddie_88eddie_88 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am about to get on the market for a 48-month lease on a Nissan Pathfinder SE 2008 with Premium Package and optionaly Leather Package. I did a search and found this great website. Signed up and here is my question. First off, I must say I am in Canada and not sure if Canadian information is posted here or not. Using the calculator Nissan has online, I got a price but I know you can get better at the dealership. The question is how much better.
    So, is there anyone here from Canada that has recnetly leased a Pathfinder SE? I would like to get an idea on the monthly payment and the down payment before I go down to my local Nissan dealer for negotiations.
    Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
    Eddie
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    I am not in Canada but can tell you this...48 month leases are for suckers only. Unless you are leasing a boutique car that costs 100,000+ dollars.
    Stay between 24 and 39.
  • robrothrobroth Member Posts: 33
    eagle40b, not sure if you'll read this and these forums don't appear to offer a way to contact you directly. I'm shopping in NH for the same vehicle you just purchased. I'm wondering if you might be able to provide me with your dealership and sales guy so I can just walk in with your numbers and try to get the same deal. If you happen to read this, you can contact me directly at rrothberg AT gmail DOT com. Thanks!
    Robroth-
    My dealing was with Ira Nissan in Tewksbury. I shopped every dealer within 30 miles pretty hard, and when it came down to the few that had the exact car I wanted, I bounced the offer I listed above off the others, and they all told me they had no idea why Ira would offer that deal. They thought it would have some type of hidden fees or costs in there, which it did not. I paid the Acquisition Fee and First Month's Payment ($419/month) up front, and that was it. Like I noted above, I also bought 4k extra miles up front per year, which increases my monthly payments and lowers the residual. Just take that piece out, and the payments would have been around $387/month.

I secured the car (2008 model) before Jan 1st, so it's possible Ira was looking to hit some year end numbers for volume rebates. I have no evidence of that - just speculation. I'm not sure if any of the lease terms have changed either. What are the terms right now (are they the same as I listed)? What cap costs are being offered to you? Ira in Beverly (I think) and I think one other dealership had a couple of Base SE models with Floor Mats only that I could've selected, but would have only lowered my payments by something like $15.00 per month. I figured that the deal at Ira was too good to pass up - especially to have all the extras for that small a difference. Good Luck, and let me know what you are able to secure.
  • ucfphi225ucfphi225 Member Posts: 18
    I recently went to a dealership looking for an Xterra. I had priced and researched Pathfinders about 6 months ago and really like them but decided to wait. Now, I feel like I don't need something that big (also thinking bigger equals more expensive) and I do also like the Xterra.
    I was told though that the lease package for a Pathfinder is a lot better than the Xterra, and that I can pretty much get a equally equipped Pathfinder for what I was going to pay (monthly) for an Xterra. I would want an SE in either model, with air bag package.
    I'm wondering if the salesman was just trying to up-sell me to a more expensive vehicle or if he was really serious. He said the money factor and residual value is much better on the Pathfinder, dropping the payment...but it's hard to believe that a $29,220 (which would be $1600 more because I would add the premium package) vehicle can cost the same as a $26,740 vehicle. SE Xterra's also seem hard to find. I'm looking for any help anyone can offer....
  • brian62brian62 Member Posts: 31
    Anyone no the current residual value for a 2008 PF LE V6 2WD, 36 months and 12k miles per year?
    These are for an SE, not an LE....but since this thread is pretty much dead, figured these numbers were better than nothing. This is as of 2/11
    Res. Value: 55%
    Money Factor: .00130
  • eperk34eperk34 Member Posts: 1
    I went to the dealership yesterday in regards to to leasing a 08 Pathfinder S model. I was quoted a monthly payment of $404.74 monthly payment, I walked away, as it seems way too high from what I had calculated myself. He added $200 on top of the invoice price, as his best buy offer, I then asked for his best price for a lease. He told me that when leasing, you do not get the $2250 rebate, is that true? The stats for it are:
    MSRP $26800
    Invoice $25372

I negotiated to him that I wanted a price of $22,700. I was hoping that I could take the $2250 off the price of the car when leasing. Am I wrong in thinking this? Thanks.
    You don't get the rebate on a lease.
  • enmenm Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I was just wondering if you can tell me if these numbers are a good deal to lease a 2008 Pathfinder SE (w/ Premium package, xm radio) - $379 (including taxes) a month, with a $2000 money upfront. the msrp on the car is $34,220 and we were given an invoice price of $31,581. thanks!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello brian62. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings eperk34. What you were told is correct. Nissan's consumer cash incentives on the Pathfinder are not compatible with its special lease program. A selling price of $200 over dealer invoice is a good deal on a leased 2008 Pathfinder right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome enm. In your post you mentioned this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price. Does this mean that the dealer is selling it to you at invoice. If so, that is an excellent deal. Just make sure that the dealer uses Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor of .00130 (36 month lease of an '08 Pathfinder SE V6) to calculate your monthly payment and you're all set.

Car_man
    Host
  • enmenm Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mr. Car_man,
    I am not sure how to compute the selling price based on these numbers. I don't think he is giving it to us at invoice price, but the monthly payments will be $379 (including taxes) for 36 mos with a $2000 money upfront. He said it is a good deal but I walked away, due to not being sure if it really was a good deal since I don't really know what I'm doing. :-(

Will you pls. help me figure this out? Did I lose a good deal or will I be able to go back to him and say I am taking the deal? Thanks so much....
  • frusto44frusto44 Member Posts: 1
    just got back from a dealer ..worked the price of a 2008 pathfinder S to $310 a mo.(includes taxes)
    with $1,500 out of pocket due at signing .

dealer said SE would be arround $35.00 more a month ...
    would like to have some insight if this sounds about right ?
  • bleu50bleu50 Member Posts: 1
    That appears to be a great deal on a 12k per year 39 month lease, depending on the taxes in your area. It seems like it is a $100 over invoice price, which is great
  • carfan22carfan22 Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know if a dealer is allowed to apply the $2250 customer cash incentive to the cap cost (if we assign it)? I received a 52% residual figure on a 39 month, 12,000 mies per year lease of an LE 2WD, MF of .00130 as well.

As Pathfinder sales are way down, I am hoping to receive aggressive offers from dealers.
  • naft2717naft2717 Member Posts: 3
    Can someone tell me lease numbers I should be expecting in NJ for a 2008 Pathfiner SE V6 4x4 with leather and premium package? Please price with nothing out of pocket. Thanks much.
  • looking4asooblooking4asoob Member Posts: 10
    My dealer offered me the following lease deal for a 2008 Pathfinder S. From the research I was able to find, it seems a decent deal (please let me know if I am wrong). I don't know how to calculate the monthly numbers to make this a no or little down deal. Can anyone help? Thanks!

24 months lease on Pathfinder S with 12000 miles a year for $179.00 a month plus tax $192.00 total, with the MSRP of $26,680.00 and $3,995.00 down and Residual $18,942.00 Capitalized cost $25,537.00 includes acq. fee, and money factor of 0.00145.
  • lica13lica13 Member Posts: 7
    my deal is a follows: 2008 V8 Pathfinder SE RWD with Premium, Leather, XM and Floor Mats 24 month lease with 12K per year. $400 due at signing and $430 a month. All costs included. Just picked it up usterday from a certain nissan dealership in Meadowlands area. Yay!
  • abvgd84abvgd84 Member Posts: 1
    recently stopped by a AAA approved dealership and 2008 Nissan pathfinder SE with nothing extra $430 a month lease with fist month payment and Title and Registration due at singing.

Does any one know have there been better deals on this car or not.
  • looking4asooblooking4asoob Member Posts: 10
    I was originally looking for a Pathfinder, but when I did some comparsion shopping I found the Toyota 4Runner had much better factory incentives available (cap cost and money factor). I'm not brand loyal, so I leased the 4Runner last week and got a much higher MSRP vehicle for a lower lease cost compared to the Pathfinder. I also looked at the Ford Explorer, but the residual was so bad that even a great cap cost and money factor made lease cost more expensive than 4Runner or Pathy.
    Congratulations on getting your new Pathfinder, ica13. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • josephcrainjosephcrain Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man, Can you tell me if I have figured the residual correctly and also explain the "money factor" (how it is computed or how it efftects payment).

My quote - Invoice 31,618 + 100 + $31,718 2008 pathfinder SE

Lease Cost - $635 up front 38 payments $448.00 15K miles/yr.

38 x $448 = $17024 + $635 up front = $17659 / $31718 = 55.6% residual?????
  • gator88gator88 Member Posts: 20
    The residual is the % difference between the MSRP and the purchase price at lease end.
    Hi josephcrain. Gator was right on the money. The residual values of leased vehicles are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the MSRPs of any options that can be residualized. Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of leases. Banks provide dealers with a list of the money factors and residual values that they must use to calculate vehicles' monthly payments. Residual values are set in stone and individual dealers do not have the authority to alter them. On the other hand, dealers are often allowed to "mark-up" vehicles money factors to add additional, back-end profit to deals. That's why it is always a good idea to find out exactly what factor the dealer is using to calculate your vehicle's payment. The following article explains how money factors and residuals are used to calculate lease payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • bullynjbullynj Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone,Im new to leasing and wondered if what I was quoted is a good deal.
    I live in NJ 7 percent sales tax, looking at leasing a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 with sticker of 34100, the prices we were quoted for this included tax and tags etc. price was 319 per month for 39 months or 372 per month for 24 months, with 2k down. Is this a good deal?
    Hello bullynj. The best way to tell if this is a good deal is to look at this truck's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The lower your selling price is, the lower your lease payment will be. Given the current weakness in the auto sector, particular with large SUVs like the Pathfinder, I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that's around dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • mackermanmackerman Member Posts: 3
    Car man, do you have the money factor and residual value for a 2009 Pathfinder SE (cloth interior)? Thanks.
  • mackermanmackerman Member Posts: 3
    4x4
    Hello mackerman. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s lease program for this truck vary by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are an extremely unattractive .00325 and 40%, respectively. Yuck. There is a $1,000 cash incentive on this truck that is available on leases, but there's still no way that I would lease one right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbclawrbclaw Member Posts: 4
    I want to lease a Nissan Pathfinder 2009 SE Loaded or 2009 LE loaded in Central Florida for a 36 month lease, 12k miles/yr with no money down and no trade in.

I am curious how far below invoice most dealers will go right now and what the current residual value and money factors are at this time. Seems like there only a few of these SUV's at various car lots due to the ecomony.

Any help is truly appreciated!!
    Hi rbclaw. Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 Pathfinder. As a result, NMAC's lease program on it is absolutely terrible. Through March 2nd, NMAC's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder LE V6 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00325 and 38%, respectively.

Nissan is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 Pathfinder. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • rbclawrbclaw Member Posts: 4
    Car-Man,

Should I just look at purchasing a Pathfinder with these terrible lease rates (they have $1500 cash back or 3.9% for 60 months or 4.9% for 72 months)? Wouldn't it be cheaper payments buying rather than leasing with these terrible lease rates?

Or should I look at another SUV to buy?

Thanks,

rbclaw
    Hey rbclaw. The Pathfinder is a fairly large SUV. In general big SUVs have terrible lease programs on them right now. If you are willing to compromise and go with a slightly smaller mid-sized SUV you should be able to find one that has a decent lease program.

If not, then you definitely should consider financing instead of leasing. As you mentioned, in February you could have financed this truck through NMAC at 3.9% to 4.9% or through an independent bank and taken advantage of the $1,500 consumer cash that is available on it. Nissan is scheduled to introduce its new March incentives today.

Car_man
    Host
  • roklobroklob Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Currently in an 06 lease right now (a great deal) and its up soon. I'm interested in an 09 LE 4x4 AWD fully loaded. I was shocked to see the lease is this unattractive right now, but hoping for better incentives today or tomorrow. Can you please post the incentives as soon as they become known? thanks.

p.s. you listed .00325/38% for the 09' 2WD LE, is it the same #s for the AWD? I'd want 12k/year mileage no matter what I get.

Curious your take on this? Does nissan want to push the 08s out only? or perhaps 09 is going to be the last model run of the pathfinder? economy playing a role for sure, but still curious as to why they are pushing all the deals on the Muranos. Absolutely not interested in taking on a buy at this time. Frustrating!

Thanks!
    Hi roklob. the Nissan Pathfinder is a terrible truck to lease. Nissan has pulled all of its lease support on it. That means if you want to lease one through its captive finance company, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp., you would have to use its standard lease program. Don't bother, its standard program is terrible.

You would be better off taking advantage of the $1,500 consumer cash that Nissan is providing on this truck right now and financing it through an independent bank or financing it through NMAC at 3.9% for 5 years if you really want one.

Car_man
    Host
  • SprkieeeSprkieee Member Posts: 3
    Dear Car_man,

Do you have any idea when Nissan will bring back the lease deals on the Pathfinders? I would love to lease another one and my time is almost up (June) Purchase is still way too expensive. But I would love to turn in my 05 and get a new 09.

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    $349 with 3k down for 39 months. Check nissanusa.com for details. don't know if it's decent or not.
    Hi Sprkieee. Funny that you should ask, Nissan actually did decide to reintroduce lease support on the Pathfinder last month. It's current lease program on this truck isn't as attractive as its programs were back in the good old days but it's a lot better than it was.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Pathfinder s 4WD (the program varies by trim level, let me know if you want something different) with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • garymorgarymor Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man,

What is current NMAC's lease program on Pathfinder's 2WD S Models ?
    Thanks in advance.
  • mattywmattyw Member Posts: 6
    Hey gang, just tuned-in here, great info.
    I am looking at a special chance to take advantage of a VPP deal, and wanted to know a few facts..

First- how can I be sure I'm really getting the real "Dealer invoice" price minus the discount of course, on the basic Pathfinder LE? Do I check Edmunds? Nissan? Which is the "real" invoice cost (not the "estimated" one)?

I know that all accessory packages are marked-up in the "build your own" on the Nissan website and here on Edmunds.com. How do I get the "real" dealer price on the big luxury items I need on the LE 4x4 v6, such as the nav package, entertainment package, moonroof and windscreen, and fancy mats, HEPA filter for A/C and the like? These accessories represent a substantial bump in the cost, so I want to be sure that I receive the "dealer cost" on those---not the "retail" cost.

Finally, on the lease incentives from NIMC, I am pre-approved for a very healthy lease payment-more than I want to pay, but I also see "lease support" discussed in the forum. I want to make sure that I receive both the VPP discount and "dealer cost" basis,as well as the best lease product. So how do I get the real money rate and the residual values as well as cash/lease incentives on paper so I can be confident that I'm not getting "packed" in the deal?

Thanks for your help and info!!
    MattyW
    Hi garymor. NMAC's lease program for this truck varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different.

NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Nissan Pathfinder S 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00061 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman, this is great info. Glad you are here.
    Can we drill down on a couple of items:
    Does the money rate of 00061 stay the same for all Pathfinders even the loaded 09 4WD LE? and as well, does the residual after 36 mo and 15K remain at 47%?
    What is the impact on the residual if only 12K are calculated? Is there a longer lease (NMAC had, at one point, a 39 month lease that was subsidized and had both a higher residual value and a very low money rate).

There is no equivalent to the Pathfinder LE in the Infinity line however they do have that big QX5(?) Armada thing. Does it lease better than the Pathfinder, all things being equal? I'm thinking that they may want to dump those and thus may subsidize them. Never hurts to ask.

Many thanks!
    Matt
  • rmlinnrmlinn Member Posts: 22
    Carman -

I have a 2006 Pathfinder LE 2WD no Nav that will be coming off lease in about 2-3 months. I am under mileage slightly but there are several small dents and moderate scratches that I would have to fix ( I would think) before I turn it in. I love the vehicle and am considering buying it off lease - the residual is about $18000 but in this market I would hope to get it for less. The lease is held by Nissan Acceptance Corp. Is there negotiating room, if so with whom, when should this start, etc? You have always been helpful with leases but this is the first time I would actually think about purchasing one off lease. Thanks!
  • jfoster3jfoster3 Member Posts: 1
    First, I would like to say hey as this my first post... hey!

Finding out if I got taken advantage of and wasn't even aware of it. My wife and I leased a Demo 2006 Pathfinder LE 2WD, MSRP around 32,000, for 39 months. The residual value that we were paying on was 20,950. A year and 5 months later, we decided we would go ahead and buy it being it was becoming the traveling car and the wife really liked it (her driving car as I drive my 02 Mustang GT). Not doing my homework, shame on me I know, we went and purchased it. Did it through a Nissan rep and got a loan for 30,198 through 5th 3rd Bank for the purchase. This included the small fees.

Is this right being the care was already almost a year and half old and almost all cars lose 20% value driving off the lot and it being a "demo" car. Should it not have a purchase price of, being kind here I think, of about 23-25k?

Thanks for the replies and easy on me.
    I understand that the dealer makes money by originating the lease.
    This would be money paid by the leasing company to the dealer.
    Can you give me an idea of how much money the dealer makes on a lease?
    Let's use a 39 month Nissan Infinity captive lender rate for a $35 K capitalized value deal now in the market (on a Pathfinder).
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.