Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi marck168. I personally wouldn't bother getting the damage protection program. Most manufacturers' captive finance companies are fairly reasonable when evaluating the lease-end condition of vehicles. Of course, if you are highly risk averse you may enjoy the peace of mind that this sort of protection provides. However, in my opinion you would be better off placing the $500 that you would have spent on this coverage in the bank or in a CD and only using it at the end of your lease if you have to.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much, rmlinn. Congratulations on your new Pathfinder. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • dhollydholly Member Posts: 16
    Hello folks, any and all feedback is appreciated.

I need 4wd, 3rd row seat and 7,000# tow capacity. I know the Pathy doesn't quite make the last cut, but I have always liked the VQ35DE engine and might be willing to live with the towing shortfall if the deal is right. After seeing a bazillion TV ads for the current lease special ('06 SE $339/mo., 39 mo./12k mi./yr, $1,999 initial payment = $1,660 consumer down payment + $339 expires 7/5/06), I decided to test the waters with a local dealer on a 15k mi./yr 36 mo. lease. The following vehicle was on their lot:

2006 Pathfinder SE 4x4

$28,650/26,496 (MSRP/Invoice)
    1,700/1,474 (P01 - SE Premium Pkg)
    1,550/1,345 (G01- SE Comfort Pkg)
    140/98 (F10 - Body Color Side Molding)
    140/108 (B10 - Splash Guards)
    80/51 (R93 - Sunroof Wind Deflector
    605/605 (Destination Charge

$33,005/30,276 (Total w/ Options)

The offer:

39 mo. (they said 36 mo. was cost prohibitive), 52% residual, 0.00050 money factor, $31,875 selling price, $2,500 down for $399/mo. Tax, title, lic. fees not included. They made no mention of the current $500 cash incentive. -OUCH- I also asked for a hard trade-in appraisal on a '04 vehicle which currently shows ~$22k as a monthly Manheim Auction average. Local dealer lots are asking ~$27k. The trade-in offer was $19k. -DOUBLE OUCH-

Obviously there is plenty of room for negotiation, but I would like to get a comparison of the current lease terms before responding to the dealer. Assuming purchase at invoice, can anyone confirm what the actual factory supported 15k mi./yr lease payments -sans dealer padding- would work out to on this vehicle for 36 and 39 mo. terms in the NE region?

Based on some of the good info gleaned from this forum, perhaps it makes the most sense to base lease calculations on $0 down, but I don't like the idea of financing tax, title and DMV fees. Should I elect to NOT roll those into the lease if possible? I'm a bottom-line cost, rather than lowest monthly payment, kind of guy.

Again, I welcome your help and comments. Thanks!
  • jbrognajbrogna Member Posts: 1
    I am new to leasing and find the whole shopping experience painful and have given up many times. I need a new car and would like to lease the Pathfinder SE 4x4 with comf. and prem package and also leather.
    I would prefer to do it over the phone and via internet but getting the run around and some dealers refuse unless I come in for a "lease presentation."
    I don't want to get taken. I did get one general quote of sticker of $33,500 for what SE 4x4 with leather/prem/and comfort package and money factor of
    I want the 39 month lease, no trade in, $3000 grand down,
    12,ooo miles.
    Any suggestions on the best way to proceed, I really want to move forward.
    HELP
    thanks
    JB
  • btsapalasbtsapalas Member Posts: 3
    I've been doing most of my negotiating for an 06 LE 4WD with Navigation package over the internet. I've been contacting and getting quotes from various dealers from Albany to Jersey to Baltimore. The best quotes i've been getting are from Jersey, outside of NYC. The cheapest one is with splash guards, floor mats and sun roof deflector.
    MSRP-$38, 565
    Invoice-$35,025(after manny rebate)
    Quote-$33,195(after manny rebate)

1)
    Is this too good to be true? 2 grand UNDER invoice? am i going to get a bait and switch or other BS once i go in and pursue this? Realistically, what horror stories have you heard regarding stuff like this and what should I expect.

2)
    At what point do i spring on the dealer that i want to lease? Over the internet? After i go all the way out to the showroom?

3)
    I have an excellent credit score of 792. What Money factor should I expaect/demand?

4)
    Realistically, what differences are there for a 36 vs. a 39-month lease.

5)
    should i be armed with an actual lease proposal from an alternative leasing company when i walk in to the dealership in case i don't like the lease that Nissan's leasing company proposes for me?

I'm also considering buying or leasing a Certified Pre-Owned 05 LE 4WD that i found, instead.
    i'm not quoite sure how to calculate the lease deal for a used car. I can't find any advice online for leasing Pre-Owned. any advice?

Bill
  • marck168marck168 Member Posts: 8
    792 credit score doesn't make the deal any better for you unless you can find a better loan myself.

all money factor are preset by NMAC
  • btsapalasbtsapalas Member Posts: 3
    what about other leasing companies?
    does anyone know a reputable leasing company?

also, i'm being told by a Nissan dealership in Baltimore that NMAC won't lease to New York residents. does anyone know if this is true?
  • gmarga56gmarga56 Member Posts: 17
    Hello all - Re. the $1999 + tax and tags $339 per month lease. This deal ends on 7/5 - what is the best way (and when) to get the best deal on an SE w/ comfort and premium? Is this a bottom line price or will dealers move substantially from this price? I am a bit particular on color - Red Brawn..... Should I email a dozen dealers and see who can do better than this deal or should I pretend I have not heard of this deal at all? Thanks in advance for any reponses or advice. - George
  • lawdawgmilawdawgmi Member Posts: 62
    Car man--I'd like to jump in on your offer, as my wife and I just went and priced a loaded LE (no NAV) today. We did not try to negotiate the selling price to get a better lease price. The lease that was offered was 39 mos, 15000 miles/year at $495. Seemed a bit high given the sticker price, which I believe was about 37000.

We thought it seemed high for this particular vehicle. What is the best we should be able to do?

Also, what's up with the manufacturer's rebate I saw referenced earlier--is that still available?
  • nuch333nuch333 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking to understand whether the following lease offer is a good deal. This is out of Boston.

2006 LE Nissan Pathfinder 4WD (Loaded, everything but NAV)
    MSRP- 36395
    RV - 51%
    MF- 0.0050
    39 month lease
    12K miles/year
    $4500 down which covers first month and fees
    $330/month

I know the MSRP is more than what this SUV is selling. How much should I expect the monthly payment to drop if I were to pay around invoice which is around $33K? Also, are the number of miles negotiable? I would probably want to up it to 15K/yr. How much more would they tack on?
    Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
    Hi JB. There's no need to be intimidated by leasing, if you understand how it works and shop around you'll get a great deal. The most important number to focus on when leasing a vehicle is its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Once you have negotiated an attractive price on the truck that you want, have the dealer that you are working with calculate its monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of an '06 Pathfinder is .00050. That's basically all the steps that you need to take to make sure that you get a good deal because vehicles' selling prices and money factors are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. For additional information on this subject, make sure to check out the following helpful articles that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Bill. You're right, $2,000 under dealer invoice, $1,500 under once the $500 customer cash is backed out, is a very aggressive price for this truck. I'm personally surprised that dealers are willing to sell one for that much below invoice. I would have thought that right around dealer invoice was a good deal. As you sure that you are discussing a brand new Pathfinder that really does not have any miles on it with the dealer and not a demo model that is still technically a new vehicle but has hundreds or thousands of miles on the odometer?

There's no point in hiding the fact that you want to lease your new truck from the dealer. In fact, they need to know that you want to because the $500 customer cash that Nissan is providing on this truck is not compatible with its special lease program. 39 months is the way to go when leasing an '06 Pathfinder right now. This is Nissan's most attractive term. If you were to lease any '06 Pathfinder through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months, its buy rate lease money factor should be .00050. Just make sure that you get a good price and the buy rate money factor and you'll be fine. There's no need to get quotes to lease this truck through independent banks. First, the independent banks with the most attractive lease programs usually do not deal directly with the general public. This is a moot point anyhow because I highly doubt that any independent bank's lease program will be anywhere near as attractive as NMAC's current program for this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey btsapalas. A while ago many banks, including NMAC, stopped leasing vehicles to residents of New York because of the vicarious liability laws that existed there. Basically these laws made it possible for people who are in involved in an accident with someone who is in a leased vehicle to sue the bank that they are leasing it through as well as the vehicle's actual driver. Fortunately, this silly law was recently changed and most banks have resumed leasing vehicles to New York residents.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi George. Nissan extended its special lease program for the 2006 Pathfinder, so don't worry if you missed the 7/5 deadline. The best way to make sure that you are getting a good deal on this truck is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. You should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that the advertised lease you saw is based upon. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of this truck is .00050.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lawdawgmi. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be like on this truck for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its approximate selling price. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know because the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this truck by visiting the following discussion: "Nissan Maxima: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have a price, let me know and I will use Nissan's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Nissan is currently providing $500 customer cash on the '06 Pathfinder, but this cash is not compatible with this truck's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings nuch333. Right off the bat I can tell you that $4,500 is way too much money to put down when leasing. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. All you have to pay at lease signing is your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Nissan's $550 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. I will work up a sample lease payment without any down payment on this truck for you, based upon the selling price that you mentioned. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD with an MSRP of $36,395 and a selling price of $33,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $396. If you were to increase your mileage allowance to 15,000 miles per year, the payment for an otherwise identical lease of this truck would increase to around $406.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tkwrenntkwrenn Member Posts: 1
    I am going to lease a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE with only body side moldings, splash guards, floor mats, and cargo mats for $199 a month/48 months/12k a year with $4,995 due at signing. MSRP is is $27,765 and actual selling price is $24,900. This is through Mike Shad Nissan in Jacksonville, FL. Am I getting a good deal? Any pointers? Thanks.
  • karen7338karen7338 Member Posts: 2
    This is my first time leasing a vehicle and I have settled on the pathfinder. I went to the dealership yesterday and negotiated this deal...

2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE w/comfort & premium package & sunroof wind deflector. (cloth interior)

MSRP: $33004
    negotiated for the following deal:
    $1000 down
    $365/month (including taxes)
    39months
    12000 miles

Is this a good deal? I left a deposit on the vehicle because it SOUNDS good to me, but I really don't know much about leasing...or about cars for that matter! I don't want to sign the papers until I know I'm not getting swindled! Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hi tkwrenn. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks very attractive to me. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $27,765 and a selling price of $24,900, I estimate that if you were to lease this truck through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $281. I used a 39 month term because that it by far Nissan's most attractive term for a lease of this model right now. It would actually cost you more to lease this truck for 48 months. I calculated a zero down lease because it is in your best interest as a consumer not to many any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. I always advise community members against making down payments when leasing because if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, their down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings karen7338. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price of the Pathfinder that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • karen7338karen7338 Member Posts: 2
    The selling price is $29470. And I did check out those articles. Leasing still seems pretty confusing for a first timer! It seems the more info I read the more confusing it gets!
    Thanks for the additional information, karen7338. Don't worry about leasing being confusing. You can simplify things by focusing on the two most important numbers. They are your vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases. You were quoted a selling price of $29,470 on the Pathfinder that you're interested in. This truck has a full MSRP of $33,004, so you are getting a discount of $3,534 on it. This has got to be pretty close to dealer invoice, which is a very good deal for a lease of this truck. For additional feedback on the price that you were quoted, you can stop by the following discussion: KarenS, "Nissan Pathfinder: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 29 Apr 2004 5:11 pm.

The other number that I mentioned is this car's money factor. It is used to calculate the interest portion of your vehicle's monthly lease payment. Dealers often have the ability to mark vehicles' money factors up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to deals. This is why it is important to know what your vehicle's buy rate lease money factor is. This number is published by the bank that you are leasing through and it is the lowest possible money factor that you are allowed to use. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD is an attractive .00050. This is equivalent to an interest rate of only 1.2%. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your truck's payment. I will use NMAC's current lease program to double check the payment that you were quoted. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '06 Pathfinder SE 4WD with an MSRP of $33,004 and a selling price of $29,470, through NMAC right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $331.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jillirejillire Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday we looked at a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE with everything in it but the navigation system. The list price on the lot was $41,340, the list price on their website is $38,345. The salesman we spoke to told us lease payments would be somewhere around $800 a month and that seems very high to me, not much different than buying. This will be the first vehicle we have leased so arent sure what to expect with it. What type of payment should we be looking for? We are in the Reno, NV area if that helps any. I was also wondering if anyone knew when the 2007 would be out?
    Thanks,
    Jill
  • wanguswangus Member Posts: 2
    just leased a 2006 pathfinder 4 x 2 SE with comfort and premium packages, flaps, side mouldings and mats.

msrp 30925
    selling price 27404
    39 month lease
    53% residual (i thought it should have been 52%)
    $1000 down
    $330/month includes TTL

i think it turned into a decent deal but the crooks at the dealership started with a 42 month lease, $460/month...then they switched to the 39 month lease and $390/month, claiming that i caught them trying to make a little money. After 2 more hours we were down to the $330/month.

They even tried to adjust the .00050 money factor way up to make their money, be careful.

As we all fear, most of these dealerships are crooks and will rob you blind if you are not informed!
  • jeff0407jeff0407 Member Posts: 1
    Any help or comments would be appreciated.

My wife and I have been negotiating with dealers over the phone and internet. The best price we could find is through M'Lady in Crystal Lake, IL on a Storm Gray/Graphite interior 2006 Pathfinder LE (no navigation or DVD player):

MSRP: 36395
    Invoice: 33695
    Price: 32310

We asked for the following:

39 mos. lease
    15K miles
    .00050 money factor
    no capital cost reduction

The tax rate is 6.5%. The dealer came back with a residual of $18312 and a monthly payment of $480. We thought that was way too high. Is the dealer using a different money factor or not taking the residual from the sale price? They also said they were using Reynolds and Reynolds software to figure the payments. What is that?

Thanks.
  • suv_shopper1suv_shopper1 Member Posts: 2
    Considering leasing a Nissan Pathfinder SE with Comfort & Luxury, Leather, Sunroof, etc.

MSRP 32,624
    Selling Price 29,739

39 mo lease
    .00050 money factor
    7% tax

Seems as if dealer is trying to talk us into leasing. I'm not sold on leasing yet. I don't like the idea of renting an auto.

Dealer gave us the following lease payment options. They seem too high to me. I used the lease calculator on this site but I don't have the residual value that they used and I'm not sure how to calculate it. I'm test driving the SUV until Monday evening. I would REALLY appreciate anyone's advice before then if possible. HELP PLEASE!

20K miles
    530/mo incl TTL
    1st month down

15k miles
    459/mo
    1st month down
  • stevo5874stevo5874 Member Posts: 1
    Live In PA. Think I got a great offer on a Pathfinder S with running board.

Would appreciate any input if you all think this is decent.

$350 a month
    $1200 due at signing (taxes and first payment)
    Nothing else down

Includes extended warranty b/c lease is 39 months and warranty expires after 36 months.

This is the vehicle...
    link title

Thanks in advance!

Stephen
  • tfotinostfotinos Member Posts: 1
    I have been leasing an '05 Pathfinder SE since March 2005 and the monthly lease payment is $550/month for a 20,000 mile lease. We did the 20,000 mile lease since I work an hour away from home. My husband and I were not expecting the gas to stay as expensive as it has been. So due to these factors, we cannot afford to make the lease payments anymore plus pay for the gas and the expensive services at the Nissan dealer. I got the fee of $5,200 from NMAC to end the lease early, but we are really looking into trading in the Pathfinder towards an Altima 3.5. Instead of leasing the Altima we were going to finance it. I am at 40K miles so I know the dealer cannot hit with charging me with going over any miles, but what happens if you turn in your lease early due to financial hardship and go into the same make car but different model with financing instead of leasing?
  • joshmel1joshmel1 Member Posts: 5
    Car Man,

can you help me out with the money factor, and residuals for a 2006 Pathfinder SE OffRoad 4X4, and for a 2006 Pathfinder LE 4X4 for a 3 month term with 15000 miles?

Josh :P
  • joshmel1joshmel1 Member Posts: 5
    Anybody out there?????

Josh
    Hi Jill. $800 a month for a Nissan Pathfinder?!?!?!? The Pathfinder is nice, but for 800 large a month you can get some AWESOME vehicles. I would be happy to use Nissan's actual lease program to calculate what your monthly payment should be like on this Pathfinder right now. In order for me to do so I just need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. I believe that the 2007 Pathfinder is available at dealers now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tfotinos. Whatever you do don't just turn your vehicle in early and walk away from it. Doing so will really hurt your credit rating. If you want to get out of this lease, do it the right way and pay the penalty. I personally feel as though you would be better off just keeping your Pathfinder until you are much closer to the scheduled end of your lease on it. Gas prices have already dropped quite a bit over the past month and they may even drop further. This should help cut down on your expenses some.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi joshmel1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 53%, respectively. You actually would be better off leasing this truck for 39 months. Its 39 month program is much more attractive at .00158 and 52%. The numbers for a 39 month lease of an '06 Pathfinder LE 4WD are .00158 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • waterplaywaterplay Member Posts: 1
    We have been looking around at several vehicles and happened to come across a '06 Pathfinder LE with a dealer added DVD system. Most likely due to the $1600 DVD system, they have had this on the display floor for 90 days and they have been pursuing us to take it off their hands. We really like it, but don't feel they're really giving us a deal at all. The numbers are MSRP 34,425 - Resid 17,900(52%) - Term 39 - Money Factor 0.0005 - Adj Cap Cost 34,280 - Payment (w/tax) 479. They have taking our Honda Pilot lease with 2 payments left figured into these numbers.

Is this a decent deal? In my own calculations they are only giving up the DVD cost(much less than $1600 as dealer installed) while charging me $1000 for the last two payments on the Pilot. I was looking for something more like $430 considering its had everything on it pushed, opened and closed all day long for three months.

How does turning in your lease work anyway? We turned in one of our Honda's almost 12 months early on a 36 month lease and got $1700 cash back. Of course that was a CRV back when they were brand new and in high demand. If the lease buyout is less than the trade in, is it just easier for the dealership to return it than treat it like a normal trade in?

Thanks for the great information here.

Steve
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Car Man,

Can you help me out with the money factor and residual for a 2006 Pathfinder SE 4X2 39 month term with 12000 miles? And what would be the expected monthly payment for MSRP $31000 and negotiated price of $28000? Thank you.
    Dear Carman,

You will probably be bombarded by the same question:
    Do you know the money factor and residual for October for 39mo lease of 2006 Pathfinder SE 4x2? Thank you.
  • g35coupe1g35coupe1 Member Posts: 28
    Car_Man,
    Could you please advise of residual value % and money factor for SE and LE 4WD 2006 Pathfinder for month of October from NMAC? 15k miles/yr, 36 mo and 39mo.

I will be looking to lease soon later this month.

I see where currently also there is a $500 rebate. I believe shooting for adjusted cap cost of invoice minus this rebate since so late for 2006 models...

Thanks Doug.
  • twinbladesztwinbladesz Member Posts: 104
    I've been looking online to see what the prices may be to lease a Pathfinder SE. I see everyone in here talking mostly about 36-39 month leases. Online you can make a lease for up to 60 months to estimate your payments so I am wondering if you can actually do a 60 month lease?
  • michele302michele302 Member Posts: 8
    Hi. I live in Southern New Jersey and received the following from my dealer and I was wondering if you could help and let me know whether this is a good or bad deal. The only question I forgot to ask was the sale price & Cap Cost. 2007 Pathfinder LE with 15k miles, Navigation - 39 month lease $498 mo. pymt. with $0 down. MF is .000290 and Residual of $19,212.

Thank you for your assistance.
    Michele
    Michele I am not expert but let me try to help as much as I can. If the residual is $19212, assuming 53% rate, the MSRP
    should be $36250, which the price of a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder 2WD LE with navigator. First question, are you getting a 2WD?

The invoice price for this car is $33470. According to my calculations, assuming the selling price is the invoice price and $0 down, your payment should have been $380+tax.

If I add the $550 Nissan's acquisition fee to the selling price, the monthly payment becomes $395+tax.

If I add $599 dealers' fee as well, payment becomes $410+tax.

Second question, how much is tax?
  • kristytkristyt Member Posts: 10
    Car man,
    I am interested in leasing a 2006 pathfinder LE in Storm Grey. The MSRP is 36,545. I have been given an on-line quote of 33,298.00. I also have a trade ( an old mini van) that according to the Kelly Blue book value it is worth around 3800.00. Should the value of my mini van be taken off of the purchase price? Also what should I expect the payment to be. I'm not sure how all the money factors and percentages work. I live in colorado.

thanks,
    kristy
    Kristy, any trade-in, rebate, or cash down you pay, all added together, reduce the gross capitalized cost, which is the negotiated selling price of the vehicle plus the fees (dealer acquisition fee, bank fee etc.)
    thanks car man,
    What about the lease payment? If the MSRP is 36,545 and they quoted me 33,298 and I take off the value of my trade the new purchase price is around $29,500. What should I expect to pay for a payment for either a 36 or 39 month lease with 12,000 per year.

thanks,
    kristy
    Kristy, I am not Car man, I have been looking at buying a Pathfinder myself so have been following these forums.

According to my calculations, and maybe Carman can confirm these numbers, your payment should be around $305+tax for 39mo/12Kmi lease. I have used $33298 for the selling price, added $550 bank fee and $599 dealer fee and subtracted $3800 trade-in.
    thanks, everyone seems to know more than me. you have been very helpful. I have 2 friends with pathfinders and they really enjoy them
  • michele302michele302 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your help...I believe it was an LE 4WD w/Nav. but not sure on the 2WD or 4WD. The other question I forgot to ask was the MSRP and final price of the vehicle. I am not sure if the MF of .000290 equals the 53% - am not sure how to calculate that.

This is the 2nd vehicle I will be leasing with Nissan, but am new to and want to learn all about the leasing so I can get the best deal. I do know that because it's another lease, Nissan will waive the security deposit {and offer $500 off on wear & tear on my current lease}.

Sales Tax - not sure if that was factored in or not - it's 7% in NJ now.
    Kristy, just make sure that they use the negotiated price in their calculations and not the MSRP. And remember, the dealers fee, even the bank fee, could be negotiable. I should also point out that the numbers I gave you depend on your credit score, but if you have 700+ you should be able to get them.
    Good luck :)
    Michele, MSRP and selling price of the vehicle are very important two numbers used in calculations. You should definitely know what they are.

Money factor and residual value are two different numbers: Money Factor is the interest rate you are being charged, residual Value is the leasing companys prediction of
    what the car will be worth at the end of the lease.
    They are both important as they affect your monthly
    payment.

I do not know the current October rates for 07 Pathfinders
    but I am guessing they are 0.00029 MF and 53% residual for 15Kmi lease.

If you are new to leasing, you might want to take a look at:
    http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/index.html
  • wtywty Member Posts: 4
    Trying to figure out a monthly payment for a 2006 Pathfinder LE. Was told the 39 month lease works best, the dealer is trying to get rid of 2006's. With an MSRP of $36,625, no money down, (sign and drive), what should be the payment?
    wty, assuming negotiated selling price of $33425 + $550 bank fee + $599 dealers' fee, I think your payment should be around
    $405+tax. This is assuming 0.00029 MF and 53% residual.
This discussion has been closed.