Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions

Comments

• mcjennmcjenn Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man -

Need some help negotiating a least on at 2013 Pathfinder SL. Our lease is about up on our Nissan Altima (2010) coming in under miles. Originally Nissan told us $3000 down and $669/month which I find is ridiculous. We told them we wanted to be at around a $500 car payment. They came back with $4000 down and $579/month. I have seen on here people putting down $1000 or even $500 and getting a payment of $430-$450/month car payments on a SL Platinum.

So i went back to Nissan after reading posts on here...I said we wanted to put down anywhere from $500-$1000 and be under a $500 car payment. They came back with. $1000 down on the SL with $586 car payment. Said this would include all taxes. I feel we are getting screwed here especially seeing others getting a better deal based on this message board.

Am I missing something? We are going to meet with the GSM on Friday as he wants to go over the numbers with us...he said he would work with us...said something about a Tax Incentive as well?

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks!
    To add, we are in Naperville, IL
  • drdrakeramoredrdrakeramore Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    Hi - a couple thoughts on your negotiating:
    • Work with multiple dealers over the internet, not just one - you can try carwoo or Edmunds or the tactics espoused by the guy from www.findthebestcarprice.com
    • Don't focus on monthly payment, focus on sales price of car ("net cap cost" in lease terms) - that combined with the MF/APR + Residual = your monthly payment. You want to get there cleanly, not by having a salesman 'work' the numbers to meet your budget (by stretching the term or increasing your downpayment, for instance). The bigger the spread between MSRP and sales price the lower your lease cost (all else equal), so work that angle
    • Educate yourself on lease calculations - fully. Take a look at the calculator on http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/, it explains things pretty well. There is a thread at the start of this forum on leases as well. Very few salesmen understand how leases work, be better informed than they are and tell them what you expect. Ensure they're using the NMAC numbers for MF and residual! Currently 56% for 36 mos, 12 K miles for 2013 4WD SL in Colorado; MF=.00134
    • There are a few free apps out there that do a very good job (for Android and iOS) for real time calculations.
    • The tax incentive he's talking about is probably just on trading in your Altima, but I can't think of how that would help you on a lease (other than just by reducing the amount you finance, your 'net cap cost'). You can look it up for IL, but trading in basically decreases your tax liability on the new car. i.e. you already paid taxes on the Altima, so you only pay taxes on the difference in value between Altima and new car. For leasing, I can't think of any real advantage other than reducing your cap amount.
    • Do your trade-in smart, too: get offers from other dealers (and/or carmax, autotrader) on your Altima and make your chosen dealer match or better those offers. Don't do them as part of the same equation - your liable to get shorted on both transactions.
    • One thing to remember: a lot of states require you to pay taxes on any downpayment ("cap cost reduction"), so a downpayment costs you in a couple ways. Even a factory rebate counts as one of these (I had to pay $50 tax on the $650 Nissan rebate with our latest lease).
    Oh, the short of it: We put zero down on our new 2013 SL Premium w/ lots of extras and we're paying in the mid-to-low $400s. Also make sure you take advantage of the $500 gift card from Nissan (for purchasing a new Pathfinder) that you can find on this site.
    Wow! This is very helpful. I really appreciate your help on this!
  • mdspinnermdspinner Member Posts: 14
    Carman, can you provide MF and residual on 13 pathfinder:

S 12k/year 36 mo.

SV 12k year, 36 months.

Also, any lease cash, rebates on these leases other than pull ahead, NY state.

Thanks!
    A few days ago in Colorado it was 58% for SV and 61% for S @ 12K, 36 mos. They had $650 lease cash and an extra $500 bonus cash. Looks like the bonus $ is good on S, SV and SL now
  • steve707steve707 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_Man,

I am considering leasing a leftover 2012 Pathfinder 4x4 in PA / NJ area. Do you know what are the incentives for March in this area? Would it be correct to base the negotiated price as Dealer Invoice less available incentives? Finally, can you provide residual and money factor for a 36 / 39 month lease @ 12k miles annually.

Thanks
  • va_sabresfanva_sabresfan Member Posts: 4
    Quoted the following, going to pick it up now. Hopefully everything goes as expected.

SL 4x2 with premium package (MSRP $38645)

39mo./15k @ $429 a month no money down, paying taxes and fees up front. Plus $500 edmunds.com rebate.

The information on this forum has been invaluable to negotiating what I feel is a fair deal.
    Hopefully things don't change once I get to the dealership.
  • jessicadesantojessicadesanto Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone help me by telling me what they believe a reasonable lease price is for a 2013 pathfinder sv? Or a 2013 pathfinder sl with trailer tow package? Or 2013 pathfinder with premium package? We are currently handing in a nissan murano and would like to try out a pathfinder. Anyone currently leasing and willing to share payment info. We want to put zero money out of our pocket! We have put money down before but don't want to this time..not even taxes or fees.

Also, does anyone happen to know the residual or money factor on these models?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    I did quite a bit of research before signing on an SL this weekend. The residuals I found in my area (VA) were 0.53 for fwd and 0.55 for 4x4 (12000mi). The money factor was 0.00134. I was able to get these numbers from various dealers. Good luck and make sure you sign up for the $500 visa gift card edmunds.com offer.
  • jessicadesantojessicadesanto Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much! Are you able to tell me what your lease payment came out to per month? That would be very helpful! Thanks in advance.
    My payments ended up at $429 a month, see above post.
  • howmanydshowmanyds Member Posts: 1
    Where's this $500 edmunds.com discount coupon everyone keeps mentioning??
  • quattrospeedquattrospeed Member Posts: 1
    Help me out guys, hows this deal?

Pathfinder SV 4x4 in NJ

MSRP on Vehicle: $35,xxx
    Total out of pocket is $2250.00
    Lease payment of $349. incl tax
    15k per yr
    dealer paying 700 for the mile overage on current lease
    dealer paying 325 for last payment on current lease

Thanks! :shades:
  • tcarlin1107tcarlin1107 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Can you provide Residual and MF for a 2013 Pathifnder Platinum Premuim 4WD for 12mi per year, 39 months?

I've been quoted $2,000 total due at signing and $539/month for the remaining 38 payments. This included a $500 lease loyalty rebate.

Thanks
    It is an offer advertised on edmunds.com for a $500 visa gift card if you purchase/lease a pathfinder within 30 days. Although, I have not seen the ad in the past few days. They may not be running it any more, anyone else know?
  • markbennmarkbenn Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I'm looking for the lease factor and residual on a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Premium 4X4 15,000 miles annually 36 and 39 months. Home to do the deal this week. I'm in the Sacramento California area.

I looked today for the $500 gift card deal and could not find it while looking at the Nissan Pathfinder on Edmunds.com Then navigated away from the Pathfinder page to the GMC Acadia and the ad for the gift card came up. Hope this helps.
  • nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88
    Im coming off a lease with nissan, so I am staying and getting a pathfinder SV for 39 months 12k miles.
    Im getting the loyalty bonus cash, disposition fee is waived, and 2 or 3 payments picked up by NMAC. They will also cover $500 worth of wear and tear in the maxima.

Im getting an SV with Fog Lights, the price is 365$ with taxes in payments.
    Down: first month, bank fee, DMV plate transfers, around 1500$.
    Without the foglights the SV was quoted at 350$.

Is this a good deal ? thanks
  • andy145andy145 Member Posts: 4
    Hi can you provide a contact at tynans in Ft. Collins. Planning on going there this month. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mdspinner. NMAC's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 Pathfinder SV 4WD are .00134 and 58%.

There is a $650 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area right now. There's another $500 owner loyalty cash available on leases of this truck to current NMAC lessees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rydrisc78rydrisc78 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently over mileage on a rogue lease that's up in 6 mos. I'm being quoted $329 per mo for the S model of the pathfinder. They will "pick up" my last six rogue payments. Only fees does up front. Good deal or no?
    Jake is the internet sales director. I recommend working with him via email to start. In my experience it'll be close to a no-haggle price up front (and the best in the front range), but there's room to negotiate on 'add-ons'.

PM me if you need contact info, but you should be able to find easily online.
    Hard to say without the rest of the numbers. Term, Sales price being the most important. I'd say you're paying for your overage and the last lease payment with that $2250 down: your goal should be $0 down (zero cap cost reduction). It's pretty easy to get you a "good" monthly number by extending the lease terms from 36-42, etc. You also have to pay sales tax on that downpayment, keep in mind (at least in Colorado).

Just FYI, I received an email this week from a dealer saying there was an additional $1K incentive being run for St. Patrick's day (on top of all the other stuff out there).

Probably worth getting the details so you can make the call yourself? You want to think about the car price vs. what you're paying monthly.
    wanted to share with the group...
    i came out of my nissan maxima 2 months earlier and got a Pathfinder SV 12k 39 months deal. I also got foglights for the car. Out of pocket cost is 1st month, dmv, bank fee, that comes out to 1500$. The car is 365.90 per month.
    I got what looks like $1650 for rebates when I signed the paper work. I think some of it was nissan loyalty. I am planning to get the $500 credit from Edmunds as well so that should bring me to $2150 total in rebates/savings.
    The msrp of the car is 35+ i think, I would have to check but with rebates it comes down to 34 something.
  • yidengyideng Member Posts: 3
    Hello. I'm looking for Residual/MF for NY/NJ Market for 15K lease. I'm looking for Platinum and Platinum Premium if there is difference in Residual/MF.

Thank you!!!
    Hi yideng. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00134 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Nissan is now providing a $650 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area.

I actually just took a ride in one yesterday, it's a really nice truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • fordsonsamfordsonsam Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

I'm looking for the residual and MF for a 2013 Pathfinder SL with Premium package, 12,000 miles per year in the Pacific Northwest. Do you have that info?

Thanks!
  • steve707steve707 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide current residual and MF for a 36 month 12k/year lease on a 2013 Pathfinder SV 4x4 in PA/NJ area?

Thanks
    Hi fordsonsam. The least program on the 2013 Pathfinder isn't bad. There actually isn't much of a difference between leasing a leftover 2012 'Finder and the significantly improved 2013 version at this point.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • courtneymariecourtneymarie Member Posts: 1
    could anyone reccomend a nissan dealer in nj. i happen to live literally a block behind staten island nissan but i wouldnt buy a car from them if they were the last dealership left on earth. sorry for the rant thanks!
    courtneymarie, I actually came in to staten island nissan on hyland and the sales guy started with the proce of get this" its a new car, at least 500$." Okay.. I told him my budget is 350-400. He fidgeted for a few and then gave the final car sales pitch "give me your credit card then we will talk seriously" anyway he offered $360 for a SV model with nothing but first month, tags, dmv which comes out to be 1500 or so.
    I said thanks and went to my broker who got me the same truck for 350, plus the foglights which dont come with the SV and that got me to 365.90.
    BTW, this is with taxes in the payments. If you want to pay up front on the tax, your per month is going to be even less. If you want I can give you my dealer info so that you can reach out to him and get pathfinder for a deal that beats the dealership.
  • ddm7903ddm7903 Member Posts: 8
    I was offered an SV with leather added today for $999 upfront fees/title/licence and $489 per month. I am VPP eligible. This would allow for 16,000 miles per year and they would pay the last two $477 payments on my 2011 Ford Explorer. When I look at the other deals for an SV (assuming no leather and lower miles), I"m not sure this is such a great deal. It is a 39 month lease, 56% residual with a money rate of .00134. She stated that cap cost is $34759.12. Thoughts?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Try Ramsey Nissan and the Nissan dealership in Freehold.
  • cliffy2112cliffy2112 Member Posts: 9
    Have you compared your CapCost against the edmunds or the TrueCar price.. It seems high for an SV, but I didnt think you could get an SV with leather?
  • ddm7903ddm7903 Member Posts: 8
    It's aftermarket - $1,300.
  • nomatternomatter Member Posts: 36
    Can anyone provide the current residual and MF for a 36 (and 39) month 12k/year lease on a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4x4 with Premium package in Northeast area?

Thanks a lot.
    Greetings nomatter. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00134 and 54%.

In the Northeastern U.S. there is a $650 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

For what it's worth, the 2013 version of the Pathfinder is an impressive vehicle. It's lightyears ahead of the 2012 version.

Car_man
    Host
  • hollyinflhollyinfl Member Posts: 5
    Considering a 2013 Pathfinder SL with Premium Package. A couple of add-ons and MSRP should be $38,695.

Does anyone know the new May MF/residuals for a 36/39-mo lease with 12K & 15K/year?

Any incentives I should be aware of?

Thanks!
    Hello hollyinfl. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Interestingly, it does not appear as though Nissan is currently providing support on 39-month leases of the Pathfinder, so it doesn't make sense to lease one for that term right now.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $675 cash incentive that Nissan is currently providing on leases of this truck in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • hollyinflhollyinfl Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man! Are the numbers significantly different if leasing a Platinum vs. an SL? What about between AWD and FWD? I'd be looking at a FWD only.

Thanks for the incentive info. :)
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Carman,

Can you post the May Money Factor and Residual for the Pathfinder SV for super preferred credit, 3 years and 12,000 miles?

Thank You!
    You're very welcome hollyinfl. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for the Platinum 2WD is the same, but its residual value is 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tbenson81. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder SV 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00056 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • profesrgeo1profesrgeo1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Greetings Carman,

Thanks for all the valuable info you supply to car buyers/lease shoppers.
    It is truly an extremely valuable service!

I'm looking for residual and MF number for the Pathfinder S 4WD in Chicago.
    36 Months, 10k or 12k/year
    Also, do you know of any Factory to Dealer incentives?

Thanks in advance!
  • tfc803tfc803 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man-

Just spent many hours at a local dealer and they show the MF still at .00134 for May on the '13 Pathfinder SL. Are your numbers right or is the dealer trying to pull one over on me?
  • momokawamomokawa Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

We are currently thinking about leasing a Platinum Premium 4WD (MSRP around $44,800) Am I correct that the May MF is at 0.00056 with the residual at 51%?

Also, does NMAC accept MSD's?

Thanks,
  • toddphillytoddphilly Member Posts: 7
    From a quote I just got, your MF is correct, but the residual I was quoted for 15K/year is 53%.

Don't know about MSDs.
    You're welcome profesrgeo1. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year in Chicago are .00056 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There is a $675 cash incentive on leases of this truck in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey tfc803. The money factor for this truck is definitely .00056 for consumers who qualify for NMAC's top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape and the dealer tries to charge you anything higher than that then they are trying to mark your vehicle's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal that shouldn't be necessary on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpjp80dpjp80 Member Posts: 12
    Hello Car_Man, can you help me out, I am a little confused on the MF/Residuals on the Pathfinder S 4x4 model. I saw you posted above:
    "
    Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Pathfinder S 4WD with 12,000 miles per year in Chicago are .00056 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. "

If I am in NJ would my location change the residuals? I was told they were 58% for 15k, 60% for 12k and 61% for 10k. I would like to do a 12k lease, are my numbers wrong (mine are 1% off based on your above post).

Also for the MF .00056 for the top credit tier, do you know what the MF's may be for any tiers below that? I should have a pretty high credit score, but just want to figure out some different numbers just in case...

I am hoping to take advantage of this $675 cash they have going on until 5/31 for leases. Does that get taking off my "selling price" or is it cash handed back to me at the end. Sorry for so many questions, this is my first lease and trying to run the correct numbers before I go to the dealer again. Thanks a lot!!
This discussion has been closed.