Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited August 2014 in Nissan
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Nissan Titan. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• chrisconchriscon Member Posts: 23
    Hey Car_man,

2005 Titan King Cab, RWD XE model. Anyway, I was wondering if you could give me the m.f. and residual on a 42 month 15k mile lease in Phialdelphia?

Also, without bombarding you with alot of requests, are the different styles and drivetrains of the Titan relatively similar in terms of m.f and resisdual value?

Thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey chriscon. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2005 Titan King Cab, RWD XE through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00083 and 45%, respectively. NMAC's lease program for other '05 Titan Kin Cab variants is similar to this, but its lease program for Crew Cabs is a little different.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrisconchriscon Member Posts: 23
    Thanks a lot for the information Car_man. Would it be possible for you to give me the m.f and residual for crew cabs, with the same terms as above? You've helped me tremendously.
    You're very welcome chriscon. Here's the Crew Cab info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2005 Titan Crew Cab XE 2WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00135 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrisbeauchrisbeau Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car_man:
    Could you give me the current NMAC numbers (money factor and residual)on an '05 Titan Crew Cab, RWD LE. MSRP is 33,420. Selling price will be around 29,500. Probably looking at 36 or 39 months and 12000 mi/year.

Thanks.
    Hi chrisbeau. If you were to lease a 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 2WD through NMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00119 and 45%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00123 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • knockoffknockoff Member Posts: 72
    What would the factor & residual be for an '06 crew cab LE, 4wd for 36 months and 15,000 miles/year?
    Hey knockoff. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00109 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgame1122jgame1122 Member Posts: 2
    What does all the residual value and all that mean? Like with the knockoff question on the 06 Titan crew cab le 4wd...over say 24 months what would the payments break down to...And can you bargain the price down on leasing or are you just stuck to what they say and can walk if you don't like it?
    Hi jgame1122. It sounds like you are new to the world of leasing. If so, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are absolutely negotiable, just as if you were paying cash or financing (other than the fact that the incentives are different). I would be happy to estimate what this truck's lease payment should be for you. However, in order for me to do so I need some additional information from you first. This info includes its full MSRP, approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be allowed to drive it.

Car_man
    Host
  • jgame1122jgame1122 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your assistance but I ended up purchasing one this weekend...I feel good about the price I paid and we plan to hold on to it for a good amount of time, so hopefully I made the right decision to purchase instead of lease...We're very determined people :-) and when I had asked you the question we had already had it set in our minds that by last weekend we were going to be driving a Titan, and sure enough we are :-) so thanks again
    jgame1122
  • golfdude1golfdude1 Member Posts: 12
    Car-man, I just came back from the dealership and something stump me and I thought you might be able to help me out with it. I know the selling price is negotiable but the salesman did something I just couldn't figure out at all. We negotiated the final price of the Titan to be at $21,000. Here's the lease term.

06 TITAN KING CAB XE, Pref. Pkg, Trac. Pkg, Tow PCK, MSRP $25925, Negiotiated selling price $23,492, 36 month lease, 15k per year, Money factor .00105, Residual 45%.

Here's the thing that got me stumped. He said if I purchase the vehicle, the neg. price would be $21,000 but if I lease it, it would be $23,492. Please advised what/why the sales man did that? Thanks!!!!!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Car_man can probably give you the definitive answer...

But, it looks like there are rebates on the Titan right now.. Many times, those rebates are only good on purchases... The leases will have different incentives... Possibly extra low money factors or pumped up residuals.. (low money factor, in this case).

So, even though you are giving up the rebate, it is most likely mitigated by a below-market money factor on the lease.. .00105 equates to around 2.5% interest.. Definitely cheap..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

You're very welcome, jgame1122. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Hello golfdude1. The reason why this truck's selling price is higher if you lease it than if you pay cash for it is that Nissan is currently providing $2,750 customer cash on '06 Titan King Cab models that is good on cash purchases, but is not compatible with Nissan's special lease program. Nissan is spending so much to provide an attractive lease money factor and residual value on this truck that they don't want to provide additional cash support on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • buckaroo2buckaroo2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man - I can't find anything about current Nissan Titan lease programs that may be in effect? Can you advise if there are any specials for leases? I'm looking at a 2006 LE Crew Cab - maybe 2wd or 4wd (haven't made up my mind yet). I'm located in Florida if that makes a difference.

I've got some negative equity in my trade, so the current $2,250 rebate would be nice, but can it be combined with their leases?

Any help is greatly appreciated. If there is a lease program, can you give me the money factor and residual for this truck? Also, please let me know if the lease deal can be combined with the rebate.

Thanks!!!
    Hi buckaroo2. Nissan is currently providing lease support on the 2006 Titan. This truck's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for. Its 36 month lease program appears to be the most attractive right now. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4WD through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00047 and interestingly 47%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Titan Crew Cab LE 2WD would be the same, but its residual value would be 44%. Unfortunately, the customer cash that is currently available on this truck is not compatible with its NMAC's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • asalieriasalieri Member Posts: 3
    Are there any programsthismonth on this vehicle?
    Also,what is the FFx version?

thanx salieri
    Hi asalieri. Nissan is providing lease support on the 2006 Titan this month. If you tell me exactly which model you are interested in and provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price I would be happy to give you an idea of what it will cost to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • nutdotnetnutdotnet Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car-Man,

Just curious what the lease rates (money factor and residuals) are looking for in August for the Titan?

I don't have prices yet but I'm specifically looking @ a King Cab SE, 4x4, 36 month lease. I know there is currently cash back on purchases, but I didn't see anything regarding leases on Nissan's website.

Thanks!
    Here you go nutdotnet. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Nissan titan King Cab SE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jamesbbeamjamesbbeam Member Posts: 9
    Car_Man, thanks for the above info. Do these figures hold up for all Titans or just the King Cab. Looks like there offering a pretty low lease rate - hope it holds up for other trims as well. Also, are you aware of any cash rebates that can be used in conjunction with a lease. Thanks again.
    You're very welcome, jamesbbeam. Those numbers are just for King Cab models. The Crew Cab's numbers are pretty close to the King Cab's though. If you tell me exactly which model you are interested in I would be happy to tell you what its lease program is like right now. Nissan is not providing any lease cash on the Titan right now, but several models including the Titan are eligible for the "Bottom Line Sales Event" dealer stairstep program through which they can earn up to $600 dealer cash per vehicle sold. Most dealers won't hit the $600 level, but probably more around the $300 level. This isn't going to make a big difference, but one should keep it in mind when negotiating.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jamesbbeamjamesbbeam Member Posts: 9
    Mr Daniels, thanks for the reply. Could you provide me the Money Factors and residuals for Titan's and Frontier's. Only looking for 4WD, Crew Cab, LE or SE. Also, 12k Miles. I'm in Portland, OR. I'm trying to decide between the two, looking for the best residual/money factor. Thanks again.
    No problem, jamesbbeam. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Frontier Crew Cab LE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00132 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Frontier SE 4WD are .00132 and 58%, respectively.

Nissan's 39 month lease program for the 2006 Titan is more attractive than its 36 month program. NMAC's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Titan Crew Cab LE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00058 and 47%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 Titan SE 4WD are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • 1jimmy1231jimmy123 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car-Man,

Need some help. Looking at leasing a Titan. I need to know what is Nissan's best lease deal right now. The two trucks I am looking at are a LE MSRP 44,625 or an SE MSRP 38,805. I do not have what my bottom line price will be at this time but would still like the money factors and residual value numbers. Thanks.

Jim
    Hello Car Man,

Left a message for you here in the Titan forum. Looking for some help on leaseing a Titan. Thanks.

Jim
    Car-man,

Please see my post on March 19th. I would like to find a truck soon. Please let me know the money factors & residual values for the Titans above. Will Nissan alow me to apply the rebate as a down payment on the lease? Some help would be great. Thanks.

Jim
    Hello Jim. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s lease program for the Titan varies by term and mileage allowance. It looks like 36 months is currently the most attractive term for this truck right now, so I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. NMAC's current 39 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Titan King Cab LE 4WD are .00084 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Titan King Cab SE 4WD are .00084 and 45%.

As far as these trucks selling prices go, I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 2007 Titan right now, but given how competitive the full-size pickup truck market is right now I personally would shoot for a selling price of at most $500 over dealer invoice. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by stopping by the following discussion: "Nissan Titan: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • wardellwardell Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

Could you provide me with the money factor and residual value for a 2007 Titan Crew Cab LE (12,000 miles/yr.)? Also, if you finance the lease through NMAC will they allow the current cash incentive of $3,000 to be applied to the purchase price? It is always difficult to determine if the cash incentives can or cannot be used with different financing offers.

Thank you for your help.

-LW
  • sdspongersdsponger Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I was hoping someone here could take a look at my girlfriend's lease. I decided to look at this and I think she may have been taken a bit.

I've posted a link below to the main part of the contract. I thought that would be easier. My calculations seem to be pretty close, but the one thing that freaks me out is the total of payments in box 4 at the top. It seems pretty high and when added to the residual it adds up to like $37,000.

Also, my calculations get about .00394 for the money factor...about 9%. This seems very high, especially since her credit is great (764).

If someone could please check this out and shed some light on things that would be great. Click here for the lease.

Thanks for your time!
    Car_man,

Could you also provide money factor and residual values for the 2008 Titan Crew LE assuming 36 mos. or 39 mos (if it is a better deal) and 12K miles?

Thanks in advance.

-LW
    Here you go, wardell. Through July 2nd, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 46%, respectively. Unfortunately, the $3,500 customer cash that Nissan is providing on this truck is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey LW. See my previous post for the 36 month numbers for a lease of an '07 Titan. If you were to lease an '08 Titan Crew Cab LE through NMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00230 and 50%, respectively. The money factor for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • goose1207goose1207 Member Posts: 113
    What is the current money factor? I was near the local dealer today and decided to stop by and take a look. I talked them down to $399/mo for 48mos. Is this a good deal? No nav or dvd on this truck. I didnt pull the trigger.

I also drove a 2008 but they said there were no deals on those and came up with a $663 lease payment for a 4x4 LE crew fully loaded with nav, bluetooth, etc. no dvd I believe.

Thanks.
    Hi goose1207. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Titan that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this what truck's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

As far as its current lease program goes, Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 Titan Crew Cab LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Car_man

Thank you for all of the great information. I have 2 questions for you. I currently lease a 2006 Titan LE Crewcab and the lease is coming to an end. The vehicle has very low miles on it. I was wondering if it is possible to trade the vehicle in or sell it to capitalize on some of the equity.

My second question, I'm interested in leasing a 2008 Titan Crewcab LE and was wondering what the current money factors and residual values were for 3 yrs 12,000 and 15,000 miles per year. Thank you.
    You're very welcome, wardell. Leased vehicles are usually not worth more than their purchase option prices, but consumers are occasionally able to purchase their leased vehicle and trade it in or sell it for a profit. You can determine if you might be able to make money off of your leased Titan by comparing its purchase option price to its current value. Place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". The difference between your leased vehicle's current value its purchase price will show you if you will be able to make money off of your truck.

Here is the information on the new Titan that you are interested in. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease off a 2008 Titan Crew Cab LE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 45%, respectively. The residual value for a lease of this truck with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

As you can see, Nissan's money factor for the '08 Titan is not very attractive. That is because it is not currently providing any lease money factor support on this model. That's the bad news. The good news is that it is providing a large cash incentive on leases of it right now. Specifically, there is $4,250 lease cash on the '08 Titan Crew Cab. Make sure to use this cash to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost on the truck that you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    just was wondering my brother is intrested in leessing a titan thanks for any info have a verry good day Marco.
    Hi marcogallo1986. One can lease a 2009 Titan through Nissan's captive finance company right now. Unfortunately, Nissan is not currently providing any lease support on this truck so its program for it is not very attractive.

Car_man
    Host
  • dave85dave85 Member Posts: 13
    Car_man,

Can you please provide the current money factors and residual values for the 2008 & 2009 Titan LE Crew Cab for 3 yr, 12K miles? Also, are you aware of any lease cash being offered on this model?

Thanks in advance.
  • tampabob1tampabob1 Member Posts: 2
    i have been looking at a titan 08 xe 4 x 4 crew cab base model with 10,000 miles..... very clean.

the dealer (stealer) wants $17,999. for the vehicle which i think is a good deal. tell me if this is a good vehicle or not.....i have been a ford guy for years and looking for some power and room and like the way it looks. doesnt have the tow package on it...but only going to tow about 4,000 lbs max ......any help would be appreciated
    Here you go, dave85. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008.5 Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are an atrocious .00325 and 32%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 model aren't much better at .00325 and 35%.

If I was personally in the market for a new vehicle, I definitely would not lease a Titan. If you're set on the Titan, you may want to consider financing it instead. You can finance an '09 through NMAC at 0.9% for 6 years and an '08 through it at 0% for 5 years. Or you could finance these trucks though an independent bank and take advantage of the huge cash incentives that Nissan is currently providing on them...$5,500 on the '08 and $5,000 on the '09.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tampabob1. This particular discussion is really for community members to talk about leasing the Nissan Titan. You will have better luck getting others' opinion of this truck over in the "Nissan Titan" discussion. Try here for information on its towing capacity, "Nissan Titan Towing Questions".

Car_man
    Host
  • dave85dave85 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the info. You're right, those numbers are awful. But it does make my decision a little easier. On with the search!
    You're very welcome, dave85.

Happy Holidays,

Car_man
    Host
  • joenissanjoenissan Member Posts: 313
    I've always heard that even the end of lease buyout can be negotiated. But apparently not fronm NMAC. I'm being told that they're insured for this and you either pay what's on your lease agreement or give it back. Am I missing something? Have I been misled here? Anyone?
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Carman,

Saw where Nissan is providing $4000 lease support on 2010 Titan. Do you know what the residual and money factors are for a 36 month lease. Checked prices on overstock and saw a sale price of $23,600 on a Titan XE Crew Cab with a couple of add-ons. I'm thinking with dealer fees and whatnots, I'm looking at a sale price of around $24,600.
    Thanks for your help!

Steve
    Hi Steve. Nissan is currently providing an attractive $4,000 cash incentive on the 2010 Titan. Unfortunately, its lease program on this model is not very attractive.

Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Titan Crew Cab XE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00265 and an atrocious 36%, respectively.

I personally wouldn't lease a Titan right now. Even though it means that I would miss out on the four grand in cash I personally would finance one at 0.9% for 5 years if I was interested in getting one this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • lease4lifelease4life Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I am interested leasing the 2010 Nissan Titan LE (4x4). I was wondering if anyone has the money factor and residual value of this truck for both 24 and 36 months lease term.

Any and all your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David.
This discussion has been closed.