Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Pontiac Vibe. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• livefreelivefree Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to purchase a new car in the next month or so and the Vibe is one of the top contenders (also looking at Matrix, the Nissan Versa, and the Honda Fit). After reading the comments from drivers of the 2006 Vibe that the paint is thin and scratches easily I wonder if anyone has had issues with this at lease end with an older Vibe?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi livefree. This particular discussion is for consumers to discuss leasing the Pontiac Vibe. You will have better luck getting feedback on this car's paint by visiting the following discussions: "Pontiac Vibe", "New Vibe Owners - Give Us Your Report", or "Vibe Maintenance & Repair Concerns". Given the list of vehicles that you are considering getting, you may also find the following discussion interesting: "Toyota Matrix vs. Pontiac Vibe - Compare Notes".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • livefreelivefree Member Posts: 8
    Thanks, Car_man. The reason I posted the question in here was specifically with regard to the end of a lease, to know if anyone has had a leased Vibe and run into problems with "excessive wear and tear" if the paint was scratched, or whether it's mild enough to be considered normal wear.

Thanks!
    You're welcome, livefree. I've heard that GMAC, General Motors' captive finance company, is usually very reasonable when evaluating vehicles for excess wear and tear at lease-end. You should be able to find out everything that you would ever want to know about GMAC's lease-end process by clicking on the following link: GMAC SmartLease Return Kit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • cdegiorgiscdegiorgis Member Posts: 1
    I've had two dealerships tell me that the 2009 Vibe is not eligible for leasing. Can anyone confirm? I've emailed Pontiac but no response yet. Please tell me it isn't so!
    Hi cdegiorgis. Technically one could lease a 2009 Pontiac Vibe through GMAC right now, but its lease program is terrible. GMAC's base lease rate for the '09 Vibe is 8.5% and it has no residual value support. If I was interested in an '09 Vibe, I would either lease one through an independent bank or just lease an '09 Matrix / Corolla through Toyota Financial Services instead. TFS has a very good lease program on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
This discussion has been closed.