Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Boxster Lease Questions

Comments

• noojerrznoojerrz Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

Thanks for the guidance again. I picked up my new 2010 boxster 6speed last week, in triple black and I'm loving it..
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, noojerrz. Sweet ride. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hyunpark80hyunpark80 Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking to lease boxter spyder and this is my first time to lease a vehicle.
    Can anyone give me a feedback for what is ideal monthly payment? This is what my local sales person give me 3 yrs 10k/ yr $3500 down $1237.29.mo. Msrp is 69800.
  • lenne123lenne123 Member Posts: 11
    Am ready to pull the trigger on a 2010 Boxster MSRP $55,400 - Sale Price $49,500
    36 month lease - .00118 money factor - 12K miles per year - residual 56%....would anyone like to give me any feedback?
  • armani335iarmani335i Member Posts: 19
    I think you can do a little bit better. Mine was 57.2K and had a selling price close to your figure. I think it was about 7700 discount including the 2K rebate.
  • lenne123lenne123 Member Posts: 11
    armani, thanx...I did shop around and purchased 2010 metro blue, msrp $59,500...sale price 51,200...thanx for your help
  • knkknk Member Posts: 7
    Car man,

I'm looking to lease a 2010 Boxster (base or S) before the end of August. Do you know the current money factor and residual value for a 15,000 mile, 3 year lease?

Thanks much!

If you have the same info for a Cayman that would be great too (as I'm considering those as well).
    Dear Carman, any information you have on the current (September) PFS lease program for 2010 Boxsters (base and S) would be much appreciated! I'm looking for a 15,000 mile a year, 2 or 3 year lease. Thanks in advance!
    Hello knk. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Boxster S are .00118 and 53%.

The numbers for a base 2010 Cayman are .00118 and 53%.

The numbers for a 2010 Cayman S are .00118 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2010
    Here you go, knk. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2010 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively.

Interestingly, the numbers for a 36 month lease of this car are exactly the same. Porsche seems to be pumping up the resids for 36 month leases a little bit.

The numbers for the 2010 Boxster S are .00118 / 52% for 24 months and .00118 / 53% for 36 months. One rarely sees a 3 year residual value that's higher than a two year resid.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thank you very much! Really appreciate it.

Do you by any chance know if Porsche is still offering dealers the $2000 cash incentive on these 2010 Boxster leases?

Regards,
    KNK
    You're very welcome, KNK. That's an excellent question about the $2,000. I know that it definitely exists, but I'm not sure whether it is compatible with Porsche's special lease money factors. I believe that it is, but I'm not positive.

Car_man
    Host
  • keegs54keegs54 Member Posts: 2
    car man can you lease a boxter that is coming in off a first lease and is it a good idea and if not what year boxter can you get for 25000.
    Hi keegs54. You probably can lease and off-lease Boxster, but chances are that if you really want to lease you would be better off going with a brand new model. Porsche is providing support on leases of new Boxsters, but I doubt that it has any support on leftover ones.

The pricing of Boxsters can vary tremendously, depending upon how they are equipped, so it's difficult for me to tell you what year model $25,000 will buy, You probably should play around over in the Used Vehicle Pricing,/a> section of Edmunds.com to get an idea of what you're looking at.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, I leased a 2010 Boxster S last month and can tell you that the $2000 is compatible with Porsche's special lease money factors. Thanks very much for the info you provided on the program Porsche is running, it was very helpful. Cheers!
    Excellent info. I figured that the cash and the special money factor were compatible, but I wasn't positive. Thanks for the confirmation knk.

Enjoy your new Boxster :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • davejhdavejh Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

Can Factory Demos be leased as new vehicles even though they have couple thousands miles on them already? If the lease rates are not the same as a completely new 2010 model, what is the current money factor and residual for a 2010 factory demo Boxster S with 15000miles/yr for 3 years? Also, does the $2000 cash incentives apply to factory demo?

Thank You,
    Dave
    Dave, this is the kind of thing you're just going to have to ask the dealer who has the car whether the current PFS lease package applies to it. I had looked at a few cars that we corporate executive cars for the year, and the package didn't apply (no subsidized lease terms and no $2000 to the dealer). Probably depends on the number of miles on the car, etc. As the miles go up, PFS can't offer the same residual value, etc.
    Much appreciate for the info knk. So I guess factory demo's MSRP price is somewhere in the grey area as well? I would imagine it will be hard to calculate depreciation on those kind of cars since they are couple thousands miles but still 2010. For lease on those Factory demos with around 5k miles on them, how often do you see them list the original MSRP price (brand new) as the numbers for calculating residual?

Thank You,

Dave
    Hey Dave. Demo vehicles are typically still eligible for new vehicle lease programs. As knk said though one has to check with the dealer that has the vehicle to be certain.

Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Porsche Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 53%, respectively.

The cash incentive should still apply.

Car_man
    Host
    Dave, I'm speculating a bit here, but I think it depends on whether the dealer is selling the car as a new car or a used car. If it's a new car, then the MSRP is what it is on the sticker -- it doesn't change. If it's a used car, there is no MSRP. If it's a new car and the current PFS lease term package for 2010s applies to the car (I would ask the dealer), then you're going to calculate the residual off of the MSRP just like any new car lease. PFS has completely different lease terms for used cars, which are likely not going to be anywhere near as good as the current new car terms on the 2010s.

It really comes down to whether the current PFS lease terms apply to the car. In my limited experience, if a car was a demo or an executive car or has significant miles, the only way you're going to know that is just to call up the dealer who has the car and ask.

The other issue you want to ask about these cars that have significant mileage is whether the car has been "punched" -- i.e., whether the warranty has already started to run. If you're doing a three year lease, it's something to think about.
  • karter9977karter9977 Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2010
    Looking at a 2010 Boxster with PDK. Msrp around $57,000. 36 months, 10k miles.

The money factor I was quoted was 0.00265. Is this the going rate?

Thanks,
    Hi karter9977. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services current buy rate lease money factor on the 2010 Boxster is .00118. That's a lot lower than what you were quoted. I would ask the dealer why there is such a discrepancy.

Car_man
    Host
  • easy87easy87 Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone know what the new money factor is from PFS for January, 2011? They were suppose to release it yesterday. I am hoping they keep it at .00118 or even lower it.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, easy87.

Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively (as you were hoping :)).

Car_man
    Host
  • stevesherstevesher Member Posts: 1
    Looking at Boxster S and Spyder PDK models - 56K and 69K (sticker prices). Was thinking about a 24 month lease, but see on the forum PFS is driving people into the 3 years based on residual value. 10.000 miles year is what I looking at.

Are they doing the $2000 incentive still and what kind of money rates are we at now? Any idea of APR's for these?

I've never leased a car, let alone a Porsche, so any dealer recommendations in central NJ would be helpful also.
    Hi stevesher. I don't think that Porsche is currently providing any cash incentives on the 2011 Boxster. Have you heard differently?

According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for a 36 month lease of any 2011 Boxster is .00118.

Car_man
    Host
  • daisonydaisony Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to the forum and just learning about leasing, so I have lots of questions and hoping someone could help me out.

I'm looking at a 2011 Spyder PDK ($73,745 sticker; $65,695 invoice)...PFS quoted money factor of 0.001180 and residual at 53% for 10k miles over 36 months.

1. Does anyone know of any hidden incentives on the 2011 Spyder? What are good resources for finding incentives, besides edmunds and kbb?

2. How much over invoice are people paying today?

3. How does money factor change as a function of lease period (say increase to 48 or 60 months)?

4. How does money factor change as a function of mileage (say increase to 12k or 15k)?

5. What are the residuals for 48 and 60 months corresponding to 10k miles? 12k miles? 15k miles?

6. Some dealers suggested I order a 2012 model. Is there any benefit from leasing standpoint to lease a 2012 vs. 2011 model given 1+ year for depreciation? In other words, would the residual value go up as a result?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Hi daisony. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate for this model. That is a good thing because it means that the dealer is not attempting to mark your car's factor up to bake additional hidden profit into your deal.

I am not aware of any cash incentives on the '11 Boxster right now.

The special money factor that you are taking advantage of is only available for up to 36 months. If you want to lease for 48 or 60 months, this car's money factor would jump to .00220.

PFS' 48 and 60 month residual values for an '11 Boxster Spyder MT with 15,000 miles per year are 39% and 32%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

The residual value for a 2012 model would likely be higher, but I doubt that Porsche is providing lease support on any '12s right now, so its money factors would be higher as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • spyder_nickspyder_nick Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Do you know what the May 2011 residual and money factor are for a Porsche Boxster Spyder, 36 months, 10K miles?

Also, what is the "base rate" money factor, exactly? Is that the same as the "buy rate"? I am interested in knowing the buy rate.

Thanks!

Nick
    Greetings Nick. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder with 10,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The terms "base rate" and "buy rate" are synonyms.

Car_man
    Host
  • gummybeargummybear Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if this PFS 2011 Spyder lease program (36mo/10K/54%/.00118) is available for a 2011 that is being sold used w/CPO by a Porsche dealership?

fwiw, I was able to do this in 2008 with a used '08 C4S (had ~2K miles) from a Porsche dealership with a PFS lease. I'm wondering if the PFS programs generally apply to current model year vehicles even if they're used.

tia for clarification.
  • lopezunwiredlopezunwired Member Posts: 1
    Car_man - do you know the residual differences between the 2 model years? There is still quite a bit of 2011 inventory but if I want to lease, wouldn't it be better to go with a 2012?

thanks!
    Hi gummybear. Unfortunately, the special lease program that Porsche is running on the Boxster right now is only available on new, untitled units. CPO vehicles would not be eligible for the program, you can still lease a used one...just not using this money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lopezunwired. Porsche Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Boxster S with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 2012 model are .00118 and 53%...interestingly exactly the same.

I suspect that the dealers would just charge more for the 2012 model, making it more expensive to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • spyder_nickspyder_nick Member Posts: 2
    Car man,

Any word on the lease rates for July 2011 -- I'm looking at a 2012 Boxster Spyder, 36 month lease and 10K miles per year. Would like to know the buy rate money factor and residual. (Note: although Spyders won't be made in 2012, I'm told mine will be considered a model year 2012 because it was a June production).

Thanks!
  • ifxgumsifxgums Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at leasing a 2012 boxster s and I have been quoted a money factor of .00158 and a residual of 35721. The msrp is 66150. Does that sound right?
    Hey spyder_nick. Porsche Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Boxster Spyder with 10,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ifxgums. The money factor that you were quoted is slightly high. PFS' current buy rate for the 2012 Boxster is only .00118 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Carman:

What is the MF and the residual value for a 18 month lease of a 2011 Boxster Spyder PDK with 12,000 miles per year?

Compare to a 2012 Boxster Spyder with the exact same lease term, are the MF and residual the same?

Thanks,

Dave
  • tturedraider2tturedraider2 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I was given a lease offer on a 2011 Boxster with the details below. Is this a fair deal, should I be running to the dealership?

MSRP: 58240
    Selling Price: 53240 ($5000 discount for "demo" car only 100 miles on it)

Terms: 24 months (I want a short lease)
    Total Money Down: $3000
    Total Monthly Payment with tax: $700.

10,000 miles per year.

Using the equations and current months factor payments come out to be a little more, but the residual the equation uses is just too low.

Im paying a total of $19,800. FPS says the car is worth 33,400 at the end of lease. Im not looking to buy it afterwards and the current price of a 2 year old Boxster is closer to 40,000. Thats a $6,600 gap. I know some ppl are able to get positive gaps not negative gaps. Is that possible with Porsche?
    Hi tturedraider2. A $5,000 discount seems reasonable on this car. The payment that you were quoted looks good...for a zero down lease before tax. If the entire $3,000 that you mentioned putting down were to be applied as a capitalized cost reduction, it would drop this car's pre-tax payment to around $573.

Car_man
    Host
  • ihitcowsihitcows Member Posts: 74
    Car_man,

What is Porsche Financial Services’ September buy rate lease money factor and residual percentage for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Porsche Boxster S (with PDK) with 12,000 miles per year?

Also, I am open to any lease terms that will yield the lowest possible drive-off and monthly payment for this car. Is it wiser to lease a 2012 model? Are shorter-term (i.e. 18-month) leases still available, and, if so, are they a better deal?
    Here you go ihitcows. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 911 Boxster S with PDK and 12,000 miles per year are .00118 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The lease program really isn't any better on the 2012 model so you're probably going to be better of going with the 2011 and the bigger discount that you are likely to get on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • sanibeldansanibeldan Member Posts: 1
    I am on my fourth Boxster since 2001 and I'm still in love but I leased my last one and the return has turned into a nightmare! I was contacted by Porsche Financial Services 6 months before my lease was to end about getting out early. I bought another Boxster from The Collection in Coral Gables Florida 3 months early and they advised they would handle the return. Big Mistake! I got a bill for over $5,500 from PFS. They nitpicked me on everything! The front tires I understood but $3,500 for a small mark on drivers side of top. I had it in for top service at Naples FL Porsche and they repaired a cable and advised the top damage was normal wear and tear. How can I be charged for top damage on a top that is still under warranty? I live in Florida and my top goes down everyday. If it's normal wear I shouldn't be charged. If the top can't withstand use for 33 months it should be covered under warranty. Why does PFS treat loyal Porsche customers like this? I was just called and advised they will charge this off next week if not paid. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I'm considering letting them charge it off and they can come and get my current Boxster and I will switch to BMW. Any lawyers that will take my case? I'd rather give you the money than PFS! This is pretty long but I am fuming!
  • skobolaskobola Member Posts: 207
    edited December 2011
    Do not expect that BMW will be better. Although I do not have as negative experience as you do, I have found that once they find that they have you, they will not really do you any favors and/or deals. For example, I have been buying/leasing BMWs since 1990, and the further I go, less attentive and fair they are. Unfortunately, I have not found any alternative, except Mini, which is BMW as well... I have even considered a Porsche, but have never found it being able to match the offers by BMW, and therefore, I did not switch.
  • ifxgumsifxgums Member Posts: 7
    I was wondering if you could give me the updated money factors on a 2012 Boxster S black edition. Also, I don't know if Porsche has any special dealer incentives since the new edition is coming out soon. Thanks.
    Hi ifxgums. I don't think that Porsche's lease program has changed in a while. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Boxster S Black with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a new Boxster I personally might be tempted to wait until April to get one. It's program might be better then.

Car_man
    Host
  • cotoca82cotoca82 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Do you happen to know the residual and MF on the new 2013 Boxster? I am looking for a 24-36 mo lease with 12K -15K miles per year on the base model.

Thanks!
    I certainly do, cotoca82. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 base Boxster with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00200 and 56%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host