Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• chris7469chris7469 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry it took so long to respond.

I shopped about 8 Porseche dealers in NJ, NY, PA and even DE.

I ended up with the following deal up in Bergen County which I thought was super.

It was a white with tan ( my wife had to have white ) Cayenne MSRP 57,800.
    It had the 18 inch turbo wheels, Nav, and the Bose sound system plus a few other options. Everything we wanted.

Bottom line, it was a 36 month lease W/ 15,000 miles.

Total down upfront was $2,446.00 Monthly payement with NJ tax was $830.13.

For this particular truck with all the options it was the best deal I could find. I gave the dealer money and ordered the truck. The truck was being shipped.

My wife came to her senses a few days later and realized the truck was just too small for our lifestyle. Child, dogs, to and from beach house etc... Last truck was an Escalade.

The Porsche truck is very nice, but it did not come with very much (we wanted an entertainment center for the kids), the seats were uncomfortable and the cargo space was limited for our needs. We were basically paying up for the Porsche Badge. We had to find a bigger SUV. We ended up stealing an 08 Denali which we could not be happier with.

I hope you got a good deal. Take care. CM

Lastly... AVOID AT ALL COSTS PRINCETON PORSCHE. They were the rudest, cockiest car dealers we had ever met. They also had the worst deal.
  • coryhoehn10coryhoehn10 Member Posts: 4
    Do any of you guys know the residual and money factors right now for 08 Cayennes? I'm looking to lease an 08 Cayenne for 3 years, 36k miles.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi coryhoehn10. Here's the info that you're looking for. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Porsche Cayenne with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sidtsidt Member Posts: 6
    Hi, anyone know the august lease factor and residuals for 2008 cayenne? also, anyone have any experience picking up a decent discount on 2008s now that 09s are around? I am looking at the base cayenne so any color around that would be very helpful. Thanks.
  • n1g1fln1g1fl Member Posts: 8
    About to pull trigger on 08 v6 cayenne

Dealer says 61%resid for 36m/10k and 6.5% (mf=0.00275)

I have one question: Window sticker msrp says 59,835 (selling price 53500 ; 1500 over invoice)-

but dealer using lower figure (56,000) for the MSRP on the lease calculator, which increases monthly pymnts- he says porsche does this and does not sepreciate the options - is this right?
  • sidtsidt Member Posts: 6
    I remember running across this issue of using an MSRP cap - basically the dealer told me PF sets the cap(I can't remember the exact number it was either 56k or 58k). Also on the MF of 6.5%, is that the PFinan rate or is that marked up since it's higher than the july numbers - guess that's what I was trying to find out on my original post. Good luck.
    Dealer says Pfin caps MSRP at 56.7k, and that the best interest is 6.5% thru Pfin
    Cant find any better anyway and 08 cayennes are getting scarce in south FL, so I think I'll have to close the deal
    Does this sound reasonable?

36m/10k on a 08 V6 cayenne MSRP59k, sale price 54k

850/m incld taxes

Would greatly appreciate any input - I did lots of reading and thought I could figure out a good deal - but the dealer did his vodoo and got me confused.
  • 5terre5terre Member Posts: 6
    If you want Bluetooth or like listening to your iPod without the FM radio hissing sound, I would consider purchasing or leasing a 2009 Porsche Cayenne instead of the 2008 model. The PCM in the 2009 is supposed to have the iPod and bluetooth direct hookups (clean digital sound) while 2008 models can only have aftermarkets installed. 2008 Cayennes don't even have an option to have an OEM device and have to have the aftermarkets installed for $1200. I would only get a 2008 model if you can negotiate the aftermarket mObridge device installed for iPod and Bluetooth capability. I own a 2008 Cayenne GTS and I love the SUV but not the awful music coming from my iPod hooked up to an FM relay. I'm planning to get the aftermarket device installed soon...
    had aftermarket bluetooth module installed - completely integrates with PCM2 and works great
  • newcarnownewcarnow Member Posts: 6
    Can anybody help with money factor and residual for
    '08 base
    '08 S
    '09 S

based on 36 months/15k

Trying to get a deal done this week, but think the dealer is padding the money factor. I woudl rather get in to a S, but the dealers numbers are not working for me..
    Hi sidt. Porsche Credit's lease program for the 2008 Cayenne varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Porsche Cayenne with 15,000 miles per year. The buy rate lease money factor and residual value for this combination of variables are .00250 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for Porsche Credit's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings newcarnow. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Porsche Cayenne with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The money factor is exactly the same for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Cayenne S, but its residual value experiences a major drop to 50%. Interestingly, the residual for an '09 Cayenne S is also 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ridesrides Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information. I am considering leasing a 2008 GTS and wanted to know what to expect for the money factor, residual, pricing above or below MSRP, etc. Also, any advice regarding this decision with regard to should I wait for an 09, what options do you recommend as a must for the GTS, etc.

rides
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    rides - The lease rates on the 2008 GTS Tiptronic through Porsche are average. 0.00250 money factor for top tier credit with 51%, 48%, and 36% residuals at 12k miles per year for 24, 36, and 48 months, respectively.

Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • ridesrides Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. Will they negotiate off of the MSRP to get the capital price for the lease or how will this go to get to that number?
  • ed2068ed2068 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me on which would be the best lease offer from porsche on a cayanne, in the S. Florida area Miami to be exact??? I would like to get the best monthly payment possible..
  • rockurocku Member Posts: 4
    11.5% off MSRP $58450, dealer is willing to do 12%off on any other 09's except this one. He just exchanged from another dealership because of an unique option.

36 month/10000 MF 0.00163, Res 59% of $58100 (yes, there is a cap)
    Dealer said he waived acquisition fee of $750 which I think it is just anther trick.

Decent deal but not super hot, I got myself trapped for option.
  • ml2005ml2005 Member Posts: 10
    what is the residual cap for 09 cayenne s...36mo/15k mi?
  • srch4carsrch4car Member Posts: 3
    It's been pretty quiet. anyone have real world lease numbers?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I saw a lease special for new Cayenne-S with MSRP $65,000
    $2K down, 10K mi/yr, 3 yr lease, $727/mo
    Didn't say excess mile charge and residual %, It is in Mass.
  • grkmecgrkmec Member Posts: 12
    Can someone please post the lease rates for 2009 Cayenne S and GTS for 3yr and 4yr with 12,000 miles per year?
    Hi grkmec. You're much better going with a 36 month lease than a 48 month lease on a Porsche right now. Porsche is currently providing a special lease money factor of .00146 on 3 year leases of all 2009 models. This special factor is not available for 4 year leases.

Porsche Financial Services' current 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value for an '09 Cayenne S is 50%. The residual for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Cayenne GTS is 43%.

Car_man
    Host
  • warz00warz00 Member Posts: 34
    Thx for those #'s. Does anyone have recent info on disounts to MSRP on 09 Cayenne S? '10's are out in a few weeks I think.
    You're very welcome, warz00. Porsche has already published a lease program for the 2010 Cayenne, so if they aren't at dealers yet I suspect that they will begin arriving soon.

Try stopping by the "Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this truck lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • pgb3pgb3 Member Posts: 7
    Can someone give me advice on leasing? I have never leased before, but considering the current Porsche Cayenne lease offer: Estimated payments based upon an MSRP of $51,605 for a Model Year 2009 Cayenne V6 with the following options: Moonroof, Trailer Hitch without Hitch Ball, Wheel Caps with Colored Crest, Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel, Driver Seat Memory, and Automatic Climate Control. Price excludes destination charge, title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, and maintenance. Lease payments of $559.83 for 36 months = $20,153.88 based on capitalized cost of $45,160 (requires dealer contribution which could affect price). Total due at lease signing: [$3,899.83] (first month’s payment, acquisition fee of $745, and capitalized cost reduction of $2,595). No security deposit required. At lease end, lessee pays excess wear, $.30/mile over 30,000 miles and $350 termination fee. Purchase option at lease end $28,898.80 plus taxes. Specific vehicles and options are subject to availability and your payments may vary. For details about costs and terms call 1-800-Porsche. For additional information see your participating Porsche dealer or visit www.porscheusa.com.
    The second offer I received was for a well equipped Cayenne S Executive Demo Lease at $599/mo for 36 mo.'s, with 10K miles/yr.
    Welcome pgb3. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

To me, the two most important numbers to focus on when leasing are a vehicle's selling price and the money factor that is being used to calculate its monthly payment. These are the two main profit centers for dealers on leases.

Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible selling price that you can on the Cayenne that you want. Once you arrive at a selling price that you're comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor of .00146.

If you read the above articles and negotiate the two items that I mentioned, you should not have any trouble getting a good deal on the Cayenne that you're interested in.

Car_man
    Host
  • bcebce Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at buying/leasing a Porsche Cayenne S or GTS

The dealer has an 09 GTS on the lot that was the owners demo/driver.
    It has a bit over 2k miles on it
    sticker is ~86k
    black on black

for options it has:
    bi-xenons
    PCM
    Heated seats
    Light comfort pack
    XM
    Universal Audio Interface
    Floor mats
    sunroof
    bose sound
    bluetooth phone

also had a tourist deliver for an additional $2250 bringing the actual sticker to $88,610.

I am interested to know what you all think I could get for a price or lease deal on this vehicle. I have been reading that I should be able to get a very good deal on this because it is the GTS model. Why is this?

This will be my first Porsche. I am making the switch from a Range Rover. I had a chance to drive a cayenne a few weeks ago and fell in love with the handling and solid feeling of the car.

Any advice or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
    BCE
  • bcebce Member Posts: 4
    After talking with the dealer about the above mentioned demo black GTS he is quoting $76k as the "bottom dollar, out the door price" Doesn't sound like a great deal on a demo with an msrp of $86k to me. Also the lease deals sound terrible. He was talking about 41% residual value and a money factor of 7.9%.

Obviously at that rate it isn't even worth considering. Any reason to expect a different story at different dealers?

Have the deals on these cars disappeared?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Leasing on big ticket suv's are terrible everywhere. Even a base mdx [nicely equipped] $600 or so before fees and taxes.
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Anyone knows of 2009 or 2010 Cayenne lease special going on right now? I am considering a Cayenne (< $600/mth including tax) or Cayenne S (<$700/mth including tax). I would like to know this for a 36 month lease, 12K miles per yr. The drive off should be around $4K.

Also does anyone know what is the lease factor for Cayenne now?

thanks in advance
  • alex15alex15 Member Posts: 11
    that was possible 2 months ago . I had 750/month 1000/36 for $60.000 sticker. $1600 drive off.
    Hi zhecks. Porsche is providing support on leases of both the 2009 and the 2010 Cayenne right now.

Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Cayenne with 12,000 miles per year are .00146 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Cayenne S are .00146 and 48%.

PFS' numbers for a 36-month, 12k lease of a base '10 Cayenne are .00146 and 56%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 Cayenne S are .00146 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rubin72rubin72 Member Posts: 20
    At the end of May 2009, I leased a 2009 Cayenne-S that stickered for $70k. I did a 36mo 15k mile/year lease with ZERO cap cost reduction. My monthly is $725/month. This includes the 9% tax in PA [6% sales tax + 3% lease tax]. The only out-of-pocket money was $1,690: first month's payment, Bank Acq. Fee, and registration.

MF = 3.5%
    Resid = 48%
    Sale Price = $52,650

24.5% OFF Sticker
    $9,700 Under Invoice
    thank you, that's a really good deal.

I live in CA. Anyone know where I can get a similar deal in LA area.

thanks...
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    That's almost impossible to believe. The best I've been able to find is aroung 18% off, a rare loaded gts 09. I'm being patient though. Just saw the press release for the new bmw 5, and amay switch gears, and think about a sedan again.
    Normally you'd be right; too good to believe. However, I did leave out that it was the former dealership owner's car, never titled, and had 7,800 miles on it when I took ownership. Typically I wouldn't buy a P-car that may have been "beat on" for so many miles but since I'm leasing with a full warranty and the deal was sooo good I couldn't resist. It looks and drives as new. The bank did drop the residential down from 51% to 48% to account for the miles even though legally the car can still be sold as "new" since it was never titled. It's been a great family hauler for my wife and twin sons so far. The only problem we've had is the High Pressure Fuel Pump went; not uncommon. It cost ~$1,500 and was covered under warranty of course. The dealershp had it fixed in less than 48 hours.
    That explains it..thanks. I've never leased, eventhough I have a small business and could write it off. I usually buy a year old, and keep it 6-8 years. It works out, because I control the end game. My wife's 04 sienna we bought new because it had just come out,(now has 100K and going strong)

That being said the manufacturers have definately stepped up the technology and features of the newer cars, so I would consider leasing.

Had my eyes on a 09 loaded gts, until I saw bmw released info on the next 5. I've been contemplating replacing my 00 A62.7T,6sp., w/sport for some time, has 125K and bad cats, but reallty love the car, so I'm thinking drive it into the ground and be patient on oportunities for now, lots of slow times ahead for this industry still.
    I've leased several cars in the last few years and have nothing bad to report. In fact, leasing saved my butt with my previous lease ('08 Volvo XC90 V-8). I got the XC90 2-1/2 years ago -right before the market exploded. The resid. was high and so the buyout was ~$34k. When I turned it in car was worth ~$27k on the open market. Volvo called and was willing to nego. the buyout. Something they generally NEVER do! The lease ended up protecting me from a ton of depreciation due to the unforeseen recession.

I believe the only people who should NOT lease are:
    *Drive more than 18-20k miles a year
    *Like to mod their car
    *Don't take good care of their cars

Otherwise, a well negotiated lease that takes advantage of rebates and special money factors can NOT be beat. You're holding all the cards. You can turn it in, keep it, or sell it privately. Oh, and if you're in a accident or hit a deer which will trash your CARFAX, with a lease it's not your problem. Just turn the car back in at the end.
    I agreed with you in general, and I meet your lease criteria.
    But, as I said, I tend to be willing to keep my cars longer than most, and when you do the numbers, long term amortization, and buying a car a year or two old has worked out better.

I try to avoid animals in the road, and have never hit one, or know anyone who has. And, it seems that manufacturers and banks are adjusting thier residuals and money factors to promaintain thier profits.

I guess it's not a fare comparison, since I buy used, and leasing applies to new only. I have considered it more than once, so maybe someday
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    2010 Cayenne V6
    MSRP 53720
    Sale Price 48720
    Money Factor 0.00146
    Residual 54% for 3yr/15K miles

When I plug all these numbers in, it comes out to $660+tax and fees with 0 Cap reduction.
    I am not sure if this is a good deal or not. This would be the first car I have ever leased.
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    Can anyone provide current money factors and residuals for the Cayenne, Cayenne S for 2010 12K and 15k also any specials. thanks
  • 1dutch1dutch Member Posts: 1
    when negotiating a lease how much should i be able to expect the dealer to reduce the MSRP, that is would should the selling price be for a car listed at $53,000?
    I was able to get 5600 off msrp on a 53720 base cayenne.
    I leased a Cayenne on Dec 24th. Money factor was .00146. I think it is down to .00122 for the month of Jan. I do not know the residual on the S.
    Hello rsingleton. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Cayenne S with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 49%, respectively.

If you were to lease this vehicle with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi, I want to lease a 2010 Cayenne S but the lease payment is not very competitive. For a $75K car, I got a quote for $67K (that's actually pretty good discount, over 11%). However, the residual is at 52% for 10K/yr. Lease factor is 0.00146 (3.5%). Monthly lease is over $1050. I am having a tough time to justify this when a similar price BMW X5 (4.8 V8) is charging $700/mth. Since 2011 is getting a facelift, should we not expect a big promotion on the 2010? BMW is giving away the 2010 X5 since 2011 is also coming with a facelift. Do we think we will get a better deal from PFS in March.
  • ejnjejnj Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Haven't leased a car in a while and wanted to get a gut check and see what questions to ask next; any help would be appreciated! Dealer in NJ gave me these numbers on this 2010 Cayenne. It's loaded up with the normal stuff you would expect Nav, ipod, bluetooth, heated seats, sunroof, xm, 18" wheels ect.

The only facts I have are this:
    Sticker: $60,590

For the lease on this vehicle:
    $696 per month (includes NJ tax of 7%)
    $6000 total due (includes lease inception fees and all other fees)
    12k miles per year
    36 months

If this looks bad could you help me figure out why? Is this a bad time to lease a 2010 Cayenne or does this look like a normal deal?

Not sure if this forum is still alive; haven't seen many posts.

Thanks!
    To evaluate ANY lease you need to know the following information:

*MSRP
    *Sale Price [this is the only thing you can really change]
    *Bank Fee/Acq. Fee
    *Cap Cost Reduction (Down Money)
    *Resid. Value
    *Money Factor (Interest Rate)
    *Sales Tax

You should get at least 10% off the MSRP. Use this website (http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm).

Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.