Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Lease Questions

Comments

• anonymoususeranonymoususer Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car Man. My Cayenne is almost ready to arrive after an agonizing 4 month wait! =D Could you please provide me with the money factor and residual 36 mos 10k mi/yr for top tier and second tier. What's the credit score to qualify for both? Thank you very much!
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    Is there any eco credit like BMW has .. Porsche is not known for dealing on cars,
    how much are people getting off msrp? I know standard is 3%
  • dannylydannyly Member Posts: 14
    Carman,
    I'm trying to figure out the lease rate for a Cayenne 66,000 for 36mo. 12k per year with tier 1 credit. I get all different numbers from the dealers. What should it be tax included?

Thanks,
    D
  • bryterrybryterry Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car_man,

May you please provide me with the top tier lease MF and residual for a 2013 V6, 36 month lease, 12k mi? I saw your post for the february #'s and i am curios of the change, if any.

thank you!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey anonymoususer. Four months. Wow, you must have really wanted that Cayenne :). Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Cayenne with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I'm not sure what credit score is necessary to qualify for the top rate, but I can try to find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi chaozz1. Porsche is not currently providing any cash incentives on the Cayenne Diesel that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dannyly. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cayenne is .00200 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I need both an MSRP and a selling price as well as a description of the trim level that you're getting, i.e. base with an automatic transmission, S, Turbo, etc...to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly bryterry. The March lease program was temporarily extended. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cayenne V6 with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,
    Thanks for replying! I'm at tier1
    The MSRP is 67115 and I need to negotiate the selling price. What are they discounting with these?
    It's the base model with auto v6 premium pkg plus with bose and 19in wheels.
    Looking for a 12k lease 36mo with just inception cost.

Thanks,
    D
    Thank you Car_man!!
    I just went through the leasing process and as it has been said before, know your stuff before you walk through the door...

I just leased a V6, 12k miles for 36 mos and was able to negotiate $4k off of the MSRP with a MF of .0024 and residual of 56%. Unfortunately, none of the 3 dealers that I went to were willing to budge on the MF. I insisted that top tier was .0020 and I was basically told that the dealership needed to make money and that no one gets .0020. Finally to "make up" for the MF, the dealer that I ended up going with took off $4k when he initially quoted just a little over $2,500 off - I considered that good enough and moved forward.

I used Edmonds.com to create a true value for the cayenne with the options that I wanted, shopped around for a bit, let everyone know that I was already in contact with other dealers and ended up with a better deal because each dealer i met with knew that i had done my homework. I'm still a bit bummed that I didn't get the .0020 MF, but I did not expect to get $4k off so I guess that is a win for me.
    Thanks for your post. I'm looking at the same vehicle and same terms with nothing down. How much was your payments taxin?
    Base is $977 + tax around $70ish
  • cooperp7cooperp7 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_Man,

I am currently looking at leasing a 2013 Cayenne Turbo. Terms are 27 month, 15k per year and the MSRP is $123,490. The dealer seems to have a significant amount of this model in stock and the 2014's are just around the corner. What do you think the percentage discount I should receive off the MSRP? What should I expect for MF and residual for this type of lease? I am in the top tier with a credit score of 790+.

I currently also own a 2008 Cayenne S free and clear which is in good condition with 63K miles. I would consider trading it in as part of the deal, how should I use this in negotiating?

Thanks,
    Cooper
    Bry,
    Thanks for the numbers.
    I just leased my new Cayenne. I wanted to post my experience since it helped reading others.
    I got a diesel with premium pkg and bose and 19inch wheels.
    The total MSRP was $69975 and I negotiated for about 2200 plus inception cost. Unfortunately, I gave them the dealer fee but I should have fought it.
    Final payments are 1045 taxin.
    Thanks for everyone's help.
  • dragonfdragonf Member Posts: 2
    Hi Danny,
    What was your down payment? Did you get the .002 MF? Dealers usually mark up the MF, and claim that they have to. I got a payment of $1,002 for a Porsche cayenne that had an MSRP of $57,000 for 36 mo. 15k/yr. this translates to a MF of .00271. I really wanted the car so I accepted it. I also asked car_man about this in a private email as I think the dealer lied to me and ripped me off. I am not sure if any dealer in the USA offers the MF of .002. If they do offer it, I'd like to know which one. I will buy my next Cayyene from them.

Thanks.
    dragon,

just wanted to reply to your MF comment...

I too got the sense that dealerships wont offer the MF of .0020. dealers will make concessions on the MSRP and shave some of the markup off, but they will not budge on the MF. I literally went to another Porsche dearership a few towns over, showed them the numbers that the other dealer gave me (screen shots from the business manager's computer), and told them that i would do business with them on the spot if they gave me a MF of .0020. I was told to go back to the other dealership. also, i spoke to another dealership over the phone, gave them the same numbers and I was told they cant budge on the MF.

I do feel, however, that being prepared and knowing my stuff about leasing and manufacturer's costs put me in the position to bargain the MSRP even lower than i anticipated them to go.
  • detcardetcar Member Posts: 5
    Hey Carman,

As you can see, I'm a little all over the map... hybrid lexus yesterday vs Cayenne today?? Ugh! Would you be kind enough to let me know the MF and resid on 48 month 10 and 12K for the base cayenne w/ automatic? thanks so much!

detcar
    You're welcome bryterry.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Cooper. I'm not really all that familiar with what the pricing is like out there for the Cayenne right now. I can tell you however that Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor for it is .00200 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    I know the feeling, detcar :). Here you go.

Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2013 Cayenne Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Dragonf,
    I did not make a down payment, just inception cost which included a dealer fee of 500. I meant to write that I got 2200 off msrp as the negotiated price. I think the mf was .0025 even though I had a 850 credit score. I think dealers always rip you off but just by how much is what matters.

Thanks for the post.
  • newcarnow1001newcarnow1001 Member Posts: 1
    What has been anybody's experience with a single lease payment upfront for a Cayenne V6 with an MSRP around $60k?
    Hey Car_man,

With my car scheduled to be completed in the next couple of weeks, I'm looking to keep an eye out on the lease numbers to see if there is a change (particularly to the MF).

May you please provide me with the top tier lease MF and residual for the 2013 V6, 36 month lease and 12k miles for May? Thank you!
    Hey bryterry. The Cayenne money factors are still the same. Porsche Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cayenne V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

Thank you again for your help!
    You're very welcome bryterry.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2013
    Car_man,

After what seems like a very long wait, I will be picking up my Cayenne later this month!

Before I finalize everything, may you please provide me with the top tier lease MF and residual for the 2013 V6, 36 month lease and 12k miles for June? Thank you!
  • marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    Car Man,

Doesn't Porsche Financial Services max out the MSRP for a Cayenne 6 lease at 65k?
    That would mean the residual for 12k/36m would be $36,400 which would make the residual 51% and not 56%. This is what a dealer told me. Just wanted to see if its true. Thanks.
    I'm sure that you're excited bryterry. Here you go.

Porsche Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 (are you sure that it's a 2013 model, aren't the '14's out) Cayenne V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi marc68. I'm sure that PFS does place some sort of cap (I don't know the exact dollar amount) on the amount that they will residualize on leases. I've heard about consumers bumping into it in the past. I suppose that it's not surprising given the massive list of available options on Porsches.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man. It's good to know that the numbers haven't changed.

The v8 turbo has a 2014 model, unfortunately not the v6.
  • kadedkaded Member Posts: 1
    I am seeing advertisements for $649-698 monthly. Does anyone know if this is real? advice? This is my first time leasing. Thanks!
    You're welcome bryterry.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kaded. Dealers can make payments just about anything they want by altering vehicles' down payments, mileage allowances, etc... If you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the Cayenne that you're interested in I'd be happy to use Porsche's current lease program to work up a sample lease payment for you. You can find that pricing data in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • pperezpperez Member Posts: 19
    Carman, hope you can help me out here. Just got a lease offer on a 2013 Cayenne S Sticker $88,500, sales price $86,000. Money rate factor .00240, residual of $42,640. This is for 36 months at 12,000 miles a year. Is it me or is the residual percentage low? Also are they supposed to base the residual percentage on a "MRM" number or on the actual sticker price?
  • ohnims2ohnims2 Member Posts: 31
    Hey guys,

I just got a lease offer of a Cayenne with a MSRP of $65,860. A 3 year lease of 10k mls/yr
    for $2,657 due at signing and $1,017.37 a month. That's close to $40k I'll be spending over 3 years, and I think I could do way better than paying more than 1k/month for a car that has the sticker price of 65k.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • iimraniimran Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a great deal... I'm getting quoted 850/mo for 5k down on msrp 55k

Which dealer is giving you this price?
  • robf4robf4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

Here is my build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PE52GRP9

As you can see, the total comes to $86,440

This is the 1st time I've leased a car in 25 years and would LOVE a little wisdom & re-assurance.

I have 2 million in the bank, income of 100K/Month, FICO of 800, Zero Debt and would assume that I qualify for the Preferred / Top-Tier of Porsche's Lease level.

Any chance you might be able to provide me with what I might hope to shoot for with regards to Lease numbers?

I am looking at leasing the referenced Cayenne S for 36 months @ the 15K Miles/Year level and would like to put down as little as possible (unless you recommend otherwise). I live in California if that matters. Are there any other details I should furnish?

If anyone else in the forum might be willing to chime in with some guidance...please do. I VERY much appreciate this opportunity to elicit advice and will keep this forum updated with my progress and provide final details of how things shook out so others can reference.

I want to order this vehicle this week so I can get my 3 month countdown started ASAP...and this information is my final step before pulling the trigger.

Thanks,
    Rob F
    Del Mar, California
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    With the situation you're in I wouldn't waste my time trying to figure out how to get the slimmest deal. I don't think saving $1-$2K is worth the time.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Hey kyfdx or michaell, I'm trying to figure out the invoice price on a 2013 Porsche Cayenne. Edmunds doesn't list all the options & kbb has all the options listed but doesn't have the invoice price (they only provide a "fair purchase price." Can you guys help me out?

2013 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic $48,850.00
    Classic Silver Metallic $790.00
    Online Services $210.00
    Sirius XM & HD Radio Receivers $1,120.00
    8 Speed Tiptronic S $3000.00
    18" Cayenne S III Wheels $390.00
    Lane Change Assist $850.00
    Reversing Camera w/ Park Assist Front & Rear $1,750.00
    Panorama Roof $1,850.00
    Multifunction Heated Steering Wheel $250.00
    Porsche Colored Crest Hub Caps $185.00
    Convenience Package $5,640.00
    Destination $975.00
    Total MSRP $65,860.00

Sorry to clog up the leasing forum, but see this one seems to be the most active. Given the fact that this car is a 2013 leftover sitting on their lot, I want to try and extract every single dime I can out of them, especially since I think they are WAY low on the trade. They offered to sell us the car @ $61,500 plus TTLR

Thanks as always for your help!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    We don't have any other resources that you don't have... one thing I noticed, though.... if you browse invoice prices on Porsche options, they are almost all exactly 85% of MSRP...

If you use that as a rule of thumb, you should be able to calculate within a couple of hundred dollars, at most..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Thanks buddy! I'm trying hard to convince my parents to go with the X5. With the equity they have in their Porsche plus the much lower cost of a new X5 which includes scheduled maintenance, it seems like a no brainer to me. But its not my money, I just put together the deal on the car they want.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• trumaine03trumaine03 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 2014 Porsche Cayenne Tiptronic V6. What is the current residual value and money rate factor for a 24 month lease @ 12k miles/year and also a 24 month lease @ 15k miles/year? Also, what credit score would quality for the top credit tier?
    I'm sorry.. .we don't have any Porsche numbers this month..

I'm not certain about Porsche Finance, but most captive finance companies set the threshold for top tier rates at 675-700 FICO.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• im1ur2im1ur2 Member Posts: 1
    This is my first new car purchase and my first luxury car. I've been leasing cars for the past 12 years. I'm looking at purchasing a 2013 Cayenne Diesel. It has 9200 miles and being sold certified. Dealer used it as a loaner. How can I establish an appropriate amount of depreciation for this vehicle being now 1 model year old, pre-owned (dealer took title 5/20/13) and having 9200 miles on the odometer? Is there a formula used to calculate model year depreciation and miles? Does it affect value that title has been issued or does that just matter if you want to qualify for certain financing options? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
  • robrtgolfrobrtgolf Member Posts: 15
    Hi Kyfdx,

Looking to lease a Cayenne GTS. Dealer is quoting me .00240 for the MF.
    I am looking to verify this info, do you have the MF for 36 months Cayenne GTS?

Thanks
    I'm sorry... we don't have any Porsche information..

The last base money factor I saw for Porsche leases was .0020

While there is a chance that .0024 is the base rate, it's more likely that the dealer is marking it up for extra profit...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zellamseezellamsee Member Posts: 5
    I am about to lease a Cayenne Diesel (2014) -- 36 month lease, 36k miles. Any chance you have the residual percentage and the Porsche Financial buy rate (money factor)? Thanks much.

@zellamsee said:
    I am about to lease a Cayenne Diesel (2014) -- 36 month lease, 36k miles. Any chance you have the residual percentage and the Porsche Financial buy rate (money factor)? Thanks much.

.0020 MF and 59% residual

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.