Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-3 Lease Questions

Comments

• squire3squire3 Member Posts: 1
    Here's the offer for my 39 month Saab with auto/cold package/sunroof. 12k miles/yr, 2000 down.

MSRP: 30,095

$371/month.

Thoughts appreciated and I would greatly appreciate what else I should be thinking about. First time leasing and just starting my homework. Thanks!
  • umbelwheatumbelwheat Member Posts: 6
    Can I use my GM Card points towards the lease of a new Saab. I know this was previously unavailable, but now when I go to the payment estimator at GMAC, it lets me imput GM Card points when pricing a Saab. Any insight would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
  • dhanleydhanley Member Posts: 1,531
    That would certianly be news, but there's nothing on the gmcard site about it. Either it's a mistake in the payment estimator, or they just let someting slip! :)

I have $1400 on my gmcrd right now... Along with the $7500 cashback on a 9-3 aero combi now, that would make a pretty sweet deal. :)
  • jsf99jsf99 Member Posts: 10
    $7,500 cash back? On saab's web site, it says $3,000. Can you please divulge the source of your info--thanks.
    I am sorry, i saw the leftover 2006 rebates:

http://www.gmbuypower.com/currentOffers.jsp

Again, sorry if i got anyone too excited. :)

I looked, and i don't see any leftover 2006's in chicago. Actually, that would be a pretty sweet deal, i'd like a wagon...
  • zhulickzhulick Member Posts: 1
    does the 3k currently offered by saab apply to leasing? i just came back from a dealership that pretty much said no way, but i see people on this forum referencing these offers all the time. how do i make it work?

i'm looking for a 9-3 2.0t combi with auto, and 60th ann edition.

i am somewhat new to leasing, so i would ask anyone that has recently leased a similar model to chime in with their deal.

thanks...
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey saablcp. I know that Saab switched from SFSC to GMAC when they switched from using money factors to lease rates but I though that even though the deals are run through GMAC that they are still branded Saab Financial Services. Perhaps not. Either way, the numbers that I posted are correct for a lease of a 9-3 through its captive finance company.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're very welcome, dmvalynn. Let us know how you like your new ride when it arrives.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wokscott. Saab's current incentives on the 2007 9-3 are scheduled to run through July 9th. It is difficult to say whether the program that it introduces when the current one expires will be better or worse than the current one. Saab is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the '07 9-3. It is running a special lease program on it. This program varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. If you let me know what these variables are, I would be happy to give you the specifics for the exact 9-3 that you are interested in. I can also estimate what this car's monthly payment will be as well, but in order to do that I also need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Jim. Saab's current base lease rate for a 27 month lease of a 2007 9-3 Sport Sedan is 3.35% with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. So either you are having your security deposit waived or the dealer is marking your lease rate up. Make sure to insist that they use the 3.35% rate. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings squire3. Since this is your first time leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi umbelwheat. I believe that GM Card points can be used to reduce the capitalized cost of a leased Saab.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Unfortunately, zhulick, the $3,000 customer cash that Saab is currently providing on the 2007 9-3 is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Is that true? My understanding was that the GM card could not be used for Saab purchases or leases.
  • cohyecohye Member Posts: 2
    Hadn't thought about a lease til' recently. Please walk me though this. I don't know if the the lease pricing I received last nite reflects my Cust Loyalty.

Auto, 60th Aniv & moonrf
    MSRP: $32965.
    Selling price $31665.
    27 month lease with 15k mileage and only driveoffs of $790.27 payments are $476.77 with tax.

This is their internet price so I haven't really started to break down if I should take the $4k cash + $1k loyalty and buy cash or if I should lease. One things for certain $1300 is way above Invoice. Any advise?

Thanks
  • htimsdjhtimsdj Member Posts: 3
    Hello -
    I am looking to get a 2.0T Sportcombi in July. What are the residual and interest rates currently.

Also, if you want to laugh, look at the following quote I got today:
    2007 2.0T SC
    Metallic, Auto, Premium 16, Cold Weather, Rails
    MSRP 32735
    Lease: 499 per month, 2995 down, plus tax, ...

I didn't know whether to laugh or hang up. :mad:

thanks for any help. I hope to drive a hard bargain. :)

Jeff
  • j1mbo01j1mbo01 Member Posts: 13
    I am interested in a lease on a Saab 9-3. I was quoted 322 a month with 1500 down, this includes all taxes and fees. This seemed high to me. It is on the base 9-3 with the manual transmission. I was wondering what the residual for this car would be after 27 months. Also, I calculated a lease out myself and came out with 275 a month with just first month payment down and a 600 acquisition fee and 7 percent interest. Could someone let me know if the 271 price is realistic? I used a selling price of 22000 based on what cars direct gave me. Thanks
  • frankpiccifrankpicci Member Posts: 5
    I don't think 22,000 is realistic. Based on Edmunds TMV a base 9-3 should be about 26,000. The $4,000 Saab cash back does not apply to a lease. I just leased one for 27 months and 15,000 miles and I got a rate of 3.5% and a 68% residual. 322/month sounds like a good deal.
  • swedishcarswedishcar Member Posts: 1
    Hi, any thoughts on this quote I got from a local dealer?

2007 9-3 Saab 60th Anniversary

MSRP $31,920
    Selling price $30,395
    Lease rate 3.35%
    Residual value $22,714
    27 months 12,000 miles a year $388 a month with tax included.
    The total due at signing is $388 first payment, $400 security deposit, $695
    acquisition/bank fee, $204.50 reg fee, $125 doc fee, and $7.50 tire tax=
    $1,820.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi jsf99. I have never personally tried to use GM Card points to lease a Saab, but I don't see why one could not do so. GM owns Saab and most of the company-wide incentives that it runs are available on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings cohye. The car that you described has a spread of around $1,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Saab is currently providing $500 owner loyalty cash on leases of this model. When this incentive is added in, you have a total of around $2,100 to play with. The $1,300 discount that you are being given puts your at around $800 over invoice, which isn't bad. The $4,000 customer cash and $1,000 loyalty cash that GM is providing on this model are not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Jeff. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sportcombi with 15,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi j1mbo01. Are you talking about a base 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T Sedan? If so, Saab Financial Services' current 27 month residual value is 68% for leases with 15,000 miles per year. I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment should be like on this car right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the exact MSRP of the model that you are interested in. Let me know what it is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi swedishcar. Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. The car that you described has a spread of around $1,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,525 discount that you were quoted on it looks very attractive to me. Furthermore, the 3.35% lease rate that you were quoted is right in line with Saab's base rate for this model. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it. If you do end up pulling the trigger on this deal, make sure to stop by the new Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section to share your thoughts on the experience.

Car_man
    Host
    "Hi jsf99. I have never personally tried to use GM Card points to lease a Saab, but I don't see why one could not do so."

Unfortunately, GM specifically excludes saab and saturn from gm card points. I have a GM card, and these are the only GM cars i like, so it's sort of a waste for me. :)
  • al2007al2007 Member Posts: 1
    I've got an offer for 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T, auto, metallic paint, cold package, sunroof with MSRP of $30,645 on 27mo lease 10,000 mi/yr of $333/mo with $3,130 down including NY tax. Is it a good deal or should I still shop around? Being a novice to car leasing, any piece of advice will be greatly appreciated.
    I think that you could do a bit better on that vehicle, although you should find out what the selling price is, compared to invoice. I have received quotes this past week for leases at invoice.
  • ronsfronsf Member Posts: 1
    Would love any feedback on this lease opportunity. Seems a bit high, but not sure.

- 2007 9-3 Wagon 2.0
    - MSRP: $30,790.00
    - Price: $30,000

For a 3 year lease: 12K miles, 3.5% Rate, 59% residual, $452/month with $770 down including tax & reg.

For a 2 year lease, same terms 72% residual, so $466/month.

thanks.
  • mahobamahoba Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,
    I was under the impression that dealers had to use the lease rates and residuals put out by Saab. I'm getting quotes for lease rates on a 9-3 sedan from 3.85% to 4.85%. Guess I misunderstood.
  • ddemayoddemayo Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man -

I am looking for a Saab 9-3 Anniversary Edition lease. I was offered $399/month for 12k mile 3year with 2500 down.

Is this a good deal? This was just the first estimate from one dealer that I called.

This is my first car I have ever leased so don't know much of what i'm doing with allt he numbers listed in these threads.

I am on Long Island, NY.

Let me know what I should shoot to pay. Thanks!
  • srqcaddysrqcaddy Member Posts: 6
    I was wondering if anyone has looked into using another lease source (Independent Bank, etc) so you can take advantage of the $4000 rebate? Same idea as what Volvo is doing with their S40 leases right now.
  • codydog1codydog1 Member Posts: 1
    I,m clueless as to how the lease financing works. I see the 3.5% and 56% I need to know how to do the equation to see it in dollars and cents. I have a 2004 Saab Arc (lease) that is due to be up next month. I paid $339.00/month w/15k for 36 months. If soneone can tell me how to figure out the way leases are figured out at the dealership, I'll feel better about not getting ripped off.
  • soonerfan1soonerfan1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. I'm going to lease a 2007 Saab 9-3 base model (only option is cold climate package) and wanted to share my experience.

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T
    Polar White
    Parchment Leather
    Cold Climate Package (heated seats, headlamp washers)

MSRP: 27,545
    Sell Price: 27,045
    Invoice: 26,528 (per what the dealer showed me)
    Rate: 3.35%
    39 mos & 12,000mi/year
    Residual: 58%
    No down payment
    Drive off is 1st month's payment, reg fee, refundable security deposit, tag and title ($1127.88)
    Monthly Payment: $387.88 including tax.

How does that look?

I enjoyed my experience with my local dealer, one of the best car shopping/buying experiences ever. Absolutely no pressure whatsoever. I've never leased before, so hopefully that deal is ok.
  • uncjediuncjedi Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, or anyone else that can answer this...

Just got back from my local dealer, and was wondering if this is about as good as I can do on this...

car:
    2007, 9-3 2.0 sportcombi
    cold climate package
    roof rails
    3800 miles- loaner/program car

price- $29,935

Now here's where it gets a bit sticky. I am attempting to roll over around $3700 in negative equity in a Tahoe that I have that I need to get out of. I don't know if that price includes the negative equity or not... I assume it does...?
    Does that sound about right if so?

Here's the offer I rec'd-
    39 month lease, 15k miles/yr
    $1000 down
    $535/month
    5% lease rate

or...
    39 month lease, 15k miles/yr
    $1525 down- to also cover security deposit
    $515/month
    4% lease rate.

A few questions-
    Does the 3.35% lease rate only apply to the sedan? That's what I was told... ?
    Does that appear to be a decent deal, given my circumstances with the neg equity?
  • uncjediuncjedi Member Posts: 2
    ok- I've gotten a little more info on the above deal that I was quoted...

The sales price I've been quoted is $29,800, BEFORE the rolled over negative equity amount...
    They came back with another offer:
    $1725 down, covering taxes, 1st pmt, taxes (SC), and security deposit,
    sales price $29,800 (9-3, auto, roof rails, cold climate package, loaner 3800 miles)
    4% lease rate
    $499/month.

This doesn't sound like that great of a deal to me, given the sales price. From what I've read on here, the sales price should probably be lower. What's the prevailing opinion? What's the invoice on this car?

The car has a sticker of $30k and some change, but since it's a loaner, they have a sales price listed as $25,500- as a sale, not a lease I'm assuming.

Still it looks like to me they'd be able to come down on that sales price... am I being too pesimistic?
  • wokscottwokscott Member Posts: 8
    Hey Car Man or anyone else knowledgeable,
    How does this sound on a Saab 9-3 Lease w/ Anniversary Package, Automatic and Sunroof:
    27 months, 12K miles per year
    $1,328 Drive Off
    MSRP $32,370
    Cap Cost $30,169
    Residual $22,335
    Rate 3.35%
    $346/month before tax
  • confused13confused13 Member Posts: 17
    I am being quoted $700 off $31,370 MSRP for 9-3 2.0 Sport Sedan with automatic and anniversary package. 56% residual for 39 months at 12k per year and 71% for 27 months which seem good, but being quoted 5.35% rate which seems high. $458 for 39 and $489 for 27 months. Seems I should be able to get to $400 or so if I can get 3.35% rate and tweak the price a little? In Twin Cities area.
  • confused13confused13 Member Posts: 17
    Where are you located. In Twin Cities, I am being told lease rate is 5.35%, not 3.35% With $1000 drive off, I am being quoted $434!!!
  • astern26astern26 Member Posts: 4
    Hey, just wondering what the 2 year leases are like on the 9-3 aero sedan and convertible? thanks
  • eschuleeschule Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2004 9-3 Arc with 10 lease payments left. My warranty expired at 36,000 miles and I am at 42K. My car just started making a groaning/grinding noise with the brakes and have taken it to 2 places (one dealership, one local place) who both indpendently recommended that I needed to replace the rotars, pads etc... The cost of this job is in excess of $1000.00.

Assuming this occurred at lease-end I could probably turn the car back in and not be out this expense due to "ordinary wear and tear". Unfortunately that is not the case and I still have to pay for the car for 10 more months. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I may resolve this either though early termination or some other way. Prior to this I would have considered buying out the residual but not anymore.

I do not want to put $1000 into a car I am returning in less than a year.

Any thoughts appreciated.
  • jescuejescue Member Posts: 521
    Well you may be liable for the brakes even if you could turn it in now. Brakes are just like tires in that they are wear items not covered by warranty. You are responsible for the vehicle being in normal operating condition as well as routine maintenance. I will say that $1000 seems quite high. You might try a shop that specializes in Saabs (other than the dealer). I see no way out of the lease 10 months early without it costing you in the end.
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Returning a car with brakes worn beyond safety standards would not be excluded as "normal wear and tear" by any leasing agent.The only thing "normal" about brakes are the fact that you WILL wear them out in the course of driving and with the exception of BMW,NO manufacturer covers them under warranty.The price you are being quoted is only slightly higher than I would expect for pads and rotors.In addition....if you are just doing brakes for the first time at 42,000 miles I would suggest you you don't realize how lucky you are .That is well above normal replacement mileage for almost any car.In addition,Why and how does the fact you have to pay for replacement brakes influence your decision as to whether you buy the car at lease end? Any car,leased or otherwise,will require up keep.Can't wait to read your post when your tires need replacing!!LOL!
    Ahhh, thanks for the information dhanley. That's silly. I could see why the GM Card would have excluded Saturn models years ago when the brand was first launched and it refused to provide cash incentives on them, but now it has all sorts of incentives on Saturns. As far as Saab goes, perhaps GM is trying to distance it from the rest of its divisions to help maintain the image that it is an independent Swedish brand. Either way, the exclusion of these brands doesn't make much sense to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi al2007. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

As far as this specific lease goes, you never mentioned the selling price of the 9-3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello ronsf. This selling price would definitely be high if you were paying cash for this vehicle, but it's not too bad for a lease because the $4,000 consumer cash incentive that is available on this model is not compatible with its special lease program. It is probably around $700 or so over dealer invoice. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models lately: "Saab 9-3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience". The lease rate that you were quoted for this car is right in line with this model's base lease rate.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mahoba. I don't know what Saab's specific policy on this matter is, but most banks allow dealers to mark-up their base lease rates and money factors to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. That is why it is important to make sure that the dealer you are working with is using the base rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ddemayo. You are fortunate to be in an area where there is probably a number of Saab dealers. It would be in your best interest to comparison shop with a few of them. Also, since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the 9-3 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing what this vehicle's selling price is in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings codydog1. The following informative article will show you how to use the lease rate and residual value data that you have seen mentioned in this discussion to calculate a monthly lease payment: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi soonerfan1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of the lease that you negotiated with everyone. It looks like you got a good deal to me. I'm glad that you enjoyed your buying experience so much. Make sure to stop by the Edmunds.com Dealer Ratings & Reviews section to share your thoughts on this dealer with others. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Hi uncjedi. Ideally, you would wait until you are less upside down on your Tahoe to get something new. If you absolutely cannot wait, it is important to get the lowest selling price that you can on the car that you are interested in. What is this car's MSRP? This is a useful number to know because it will show how much of a discount you are being given on this car. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Saab's current base lease rate for the 2007 9-3 SportCombi is 3.5% with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing for both of the terms that you mentioned. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.