Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-7X Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• jefflawyerjefflawyer Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man. Any info on the money factor for 3yr 15K miles in Florida? Also, any reason no one is looking for info on this vehicle? I have not looked at one yet, but it has received pretty good reviews. Thanks.
  • maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    I'm waiting for a quote on this vehicle too. 27mo, 15k per year.

Where do you get your information from?? Is it public information that consumers can look up or are we at your mercy?? There are several vehicles I'm looking into, Saab 9-7 being one of them, but I don't want to go into each of the forums and ask you about the latest programs, money factors, yada yada yada....

Let me know, otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to pester you!!!

Thanks!!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey jefflawyer. Here's the information that you're looking for. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i with 15,000 miles per year are 3.08% and 60%, respectively. As you can see, Saab publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

The 9-7X is not a very popular truck. There's nothing really wrong with it, but in my opinion there are a lot of other trucks out there that one can lease for a similar payment that I would personally rather lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi maradag. You're not pestering me at all. I'm always glad to help. I am not aware of any resource that provides information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public. Saab Financial Services' current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i with 15,000 miles per year are 3.08% and 66%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck make sure to take the $1,000 lease cash that Saab is currently providing on it into account. If you are interested in a unit that has been in dealer inventory since December 15th or earlier, there is an additional $750 bonus cash that you can use to your advantage. These cash incentives will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • suburbmansuburbman Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman,
    I was wondering if you could mention a couple of the other alternatives out there for similar pricing which you feel are better vehicles/deals?

Also, I am weiging two choices: A 2006 97-x with 6k miles that was an "executive" vehicle/ It's list is about $42k, but I amoffered it for $28,118.
    Choice two is a 2007 with a list of 41,235 that I can buy for $34,300.

Which do you think is a better offer?
    Hi suburbman. Other trucks that I would consider if I was looking at the Saab 9-7X include the BMW X3, Volkswagen Touareg, Cadillac SRX, Acura RDX, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, and the Honda Pilot. In my opinion, these trucks are either better values or better trucks than the 9-7X.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    Car_man,Please answer this question honestly:Is your stated opinion regarding the value and quality of the 9-7X vis a vis other competing models based on actual hands-on experience driving a 9-7X 0r just based on the assumption that it is a rebadged Chevy Trailblazer?Please be frank.
    Hi saablcp. I have driven the 9-7X. I have nothing personally against Saabs. In fact, I am a former Saab lessee. The 9-7X is based upon the Chevrolet Trailblazer, but that's not why I said that some of the vehicles on the list that I mentioned are better trucks or better deals right now. There's nothing wrong with the 9-7X, but I personally would rather have a BMW X3, Volkswagen Touareg, Acura MDX, or a Toyota 4Runner over it. Without getting into specifics, I just like them better. As far as the deals go, the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander will cost over $100 per month less and the Acura RDX will cost $50 per month less than the 9-7X to lease right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • avalon2000avalon2000 Member Posts: 25
    CarMan,

With factory installed navigation:

2007 9-7X 5.3i lease
    MSRP: $44080
    Base Cap Cost: $36136 [from www.carsdirect.com] +acq. fee of $595
    Term: 27 mo. & 36 mo.
    Down: $0
    Sales Tax: 8.375%
    15K @ yr. mileage
    NYC metro area

What should my monthly lease payment be for both 27 mo. & 36 mo.?

I usually use www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm as my calculator.

Thanks!
    Hi avalon2000. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i that has an MSRP of $44,080 and a capitalized cost of $36,731 through Saab Financial Services' Corp. right now for 27 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $352. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease would be $437.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Hi Car_man. That deal seems unusually good. $352 w/ $0 down for 27 months? That puts it in-line with a couple other promotions at the moment (Dodge Durango, Santa Fe) for significantly less valuable cars.

What residual and finance numbers are you using for that?

Also, without getting too far off topic -- any SUVs / XUVs you find to be extremely good lease deals at the moment? (Noticed that you recommended the Toyota 4Runner and Acura RDX above).
    The original CarsDirect quote was for a sale only, not lease. But did cut a good deal:

2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i
    27 mo.
    15K miles @ yr.
    no money down [other than usual acq. fee, 1st mo. rent, $450 GMAC security deposit, tags, doc. paid in cash]
    additional options: factory installed navigation, dealer installed mud flaps and back up radar sensors.
    cost per month including NYC/NYS sales tax of 8.375%: $444

Interesting, the top of line Honda Pilot with Navigation was quoted 24 mo. lease at $689 plus tax and the 36 mo. lease at $531 plus tax, both 15K miles @yr. And can't match the handling of the Saab, as the Honda has the tires of a toy bicycle, and NO OnStar.
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    avalon2000, would you mind sharing some more details on that? I'm curious what the residual / money factor / msrp / capcost were. If you don't mind, would appreciate it...! Thanks!
  • davidb7999davidb7999 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:

Any information on current 24 month and 36 month residuals for the 9-7x 5.3i? Just trying to ballpark the numbers and I can guestimate the money factor, but even after leasing cars for the past 15 years, the residuals still remain a mystery (and at least for the 8 vehicles I've leased, have no relation to the actual fmv of the vehicle at the end of the lease!).

Also, if I'm not taking advantage of your good nature, are the residuals similar GMC Envoy and Buick Rainier? If the residuals are the same, then it seems one would be better off going with the Envoy or Rainier since the cap cost is bound to be lower.

Thanks for the invaluable resource!
    Hey aepheme. Saab's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i with 15,000 miles per year are 3.08% and 54%, respectively. The lease rate for an otherwise identical 27 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 67%.

As far as other luxury SUVs that have attractive lease programs available on them right now go, the '07 Lexus RX 350, '07 Infiniti FX35, and '08 Mercedes-Benz M-Class come to mind off of the top of my head.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi davidb7999. Saab's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 9-7X 5.3i with 15,000 miles per year are 3.08% and 68%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 3.08% and 54%.

The numbers for a 24 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 64%. Its 36 month numbers are 5.9% and 55%.

The numbers for a 24 month lease of a Buick Rainier with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 64%. Its 36 month numbers are 5.9% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • azomegamanazomegaman Member Posts: 2
    I am presently looking into leasing a new Saab 9-7x at the following rate:

Lease Offer
    2007 9-7X 4.2i
    Automatic transmission
    Starting at $429 mo./27 mo.*
    $2,999 due at lease inception (includes down pmt., acq. fee & first mo. pmt.)

*Subject to credit approval. Delivery must be taken out of participating dealer inventory by September 4, 2007. Each dealer sets its own price. Your payments may vary. No security deposit required. Dealer financial participation may affect consumer cost. ‡Residency restrictions apply. Terms apply to a new 2007 Saab 9-7X 4.2i based on MSRP of $39,935.00. Lease payment for the Saab 9-7X 4.2i is $428.83 for 27 months, totaling $ 11,578.41. Payments may be higher in some states. Option to purchase at lease end for $26,756.45 (plus taxes, insurance, title and registration fees). Customer is liable for a mileage charge of $.20 per mile over 27,000 miles and for excess wear and tear. Not available with other program offers. Call 1 800 SAAB USA for important program details and limitations.

My question is. Do any of the current rebates apply? Currently $5000.00 I spoke to a dealer in Phoenix, Lund Cadillac Saab and he told me they do not. I had always read to negotiate the price of the vehicle even if you are leasing.

Also I called the 1800 SAAB USA number listed under the lease fine print if you have any further questions call that number. I did and they referred me to Saab Financial, who said they no longer do lease finance, call GMAC no help there either.

I did go to the incentive site at Edmunds.com and it said under the lease section of incentives for Saab 9-7x, "Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement." What does that mean?

Any help is appreciated.
    In my recent experience [and location NYC/NJ Metro area], best place to get your best 9-7X deal is here, the largest Saab dealer:

http://www.jmksaab.com/contacts.htm

speak with the sales manager and tell him that Mr. Shelly Jacobs recommended you [no, get no fee or commission from them].

Own the 2007 9-7X 5.3 for past month, absolutely terrific vehicle! If driving on highway at a steady 70 to 75 MPH figure on getting only 15 mpg, but takes regular 87 grade gas. Also, spend $30 and replace the std. wipers with the new Michelin Radius [at Walmart] or new Michelin Optimum [at Target], same superior wipers with different names per store, and do spend another $395 for the dealer installed backup radar sensor.
    Hi azomegaman. Unfortunately, Saab's normal cash rebates are not compatible with its special lease program. Having said this, you absolutely should negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the 9-7X that you are interested in prior to having the dealer that you are working with calculate your lease payment. If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you want in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi avalon2000. It sounds like you've had at least one good sales experience at this dealer. Make sure to stop by the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on this dealer with others.

Car_man
    Host
  • samsvr6samsvr6 Member Posts: 59
    Hi Car_man,

I am thinking of leasing a 2008MY 9-7X 4.2i.
    Terms: 24 or 27 months, 10k or 12k miles per year.

Can you tell me what are the money factors and residuals for the above terms?

Also, what are the Saab incentives for leasing?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sam

PS. Just want to let you know that you have been a great asset to us in our negotiations with the dealers.
  • critcaremdcritcaremd Member Posts: 7
    Is 29,470 + tax a good purchase price for 07 9-7 4.2i?
  • critcaremdcritcaremd Member Posts: 7
    Offered lease on 9-7 4.2i with MSRP 39,935 adjusted cap cost 35,081, 27 month/10K 69% residual and money factor .001625 for monthly 406.05. Do it?
    Thanks Sam. Saab's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 9-7X 4.2i with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 27 month lease are 3.5% and 68%. If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this truck's residual values would be 2% higher. As you can see, Saab publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. I believe that Saab is currently providing $1,000 bonus cash on the '08 9-7X. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi critcaremd. Whether that is a good purchase price depends upon how the truck is equipped. If I was interested in leasing a 2008 9-7X right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice and then have the bonus cash that is available on this model subtracted from that. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the truck that you are interested in as you want it equipped by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi critcaremd. The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks good to me. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses Saab's current 3.5% base lease rate to calculate your truck's monthly payment. A 3.5% lease rate is equivalent to a money factor of around .00146.

Car_man
    Host
  • fx4a4fx4a4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    Can you please provide me the current lease rates and money factors for a 2008 9-7x Aero.

I received a lease quote based on Msrp of $47,895 w/ nav.
    27 months
    12k per year
    $2617 out of pocket
    payment $440 with 9% pa sales tax

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • asr515asr515 Member Posts: 30
    Hi Car_Man. What are the current lease rates for the Saab 9-7x? Can these lease rates be combined with the recent GMC employee pricing that just came out? Given the bleak outlook for SUV's in the future I really don't want to purchase.

Thanks.
    Amy
    Hi Amy. General Motors' (GM owns Saab) has cut waaaay back on its lease support this month. It almost doesn't make sense to lease a GM product any more. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Saab 9-7X with 15,000 miles per year are 7.9% and 49%, respectively. There are a lot better lease deals out there for leases than this, like the Toyota Highlander for example. If I had to get a 9-7X right now, I personally would probably finance it using the 0.9% to 5.9% special rates and the $4,500 bonus cash instead of leasing it. All of GM's cash incentives and special rates are compatible with its new Employee Pricing offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • asr515asr515 Member Posts: 30
    Thx for the reply Car_Man. I talked to one of the Saab dealers in my area (NY/NJ metro). He gave me the employee pricing for the 9-7x at $28,255 which is about $9k off the MSRP. Of course, financing rate is 5.19%. Do you think I can do any better with both the finance rate and price? I think I'm looking for a STEAL and this just doesn't seem like one to me.

I currently have an '06 9-7x whose lease expires next month. Buy out is $27k (ridiculous). Do you know if GM negotiates the buy out price??? If I could get a heck of deal there, I'll just keep my '06....then again, I'd probably want it for less than $20k!

Thanks again.
    Amy
  • saablcpsaablcp Member Posts: 195
    The least expensive 2008 9-7X has an M.S.R.P. of $41,145.00... (4.2i V-6 ,no options)Your offered price of $28,255.00 is almost $13,000.00 off list price!!!!!! So maybe the "STEAL" you are looking for is best achieved by going into your local Saab dealer with a ski mask and a sawed off shotgun.
    You're very welcome, Amy. Employee Pricing (including the deduction of all available cash incentives) is a very good deal...and it's probably as good as it is going to get on the 9-7X right now. You never mentioned how long a loan you want, but 5.19% is an outstanding interest rate for a conventional loan through an independent bank.

Your leased 9-7X certainly is not worth its official purchase option price. It is difficult to say whether GMAC will be willing to work with you on its end of term purchase price. The only way to find out for certain is to give them a call. Sometimes lessees who have no luck with their initial contact at a bank are able to get better results by working their way up the ladder to a manager. Give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose by asking.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.