Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello Ploppous. Subaru's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Premium Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This is the lowest possible money factor for this particular vehicle. So it is not negotiable in that dealers cannot go lower than this, but it doesn't hurt to make sure that the dealer is using this factor to calculate your vehicle's payment because dealers are sometimes allow to mark vehicles' money factors up to add additional back-end profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ploppousploppous Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man! That info helps...

Phil
  • jasvicjasvic Member Posts: 18
    Hi Car Man,

Was thinking about trying to end my lease a bit early but decided not to. Lease is up this month so I have no choice now :)

Looking for residual & MF on the following:

2012 Imprezza WRX Sedan base
    2012 Imprezza WRX Sedan Premium
    2012 Legacy Premium (Manual Transmission)

All with 15K miles per year, 36 month lease.

Thanks so much!
  • winglikwinglik Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man. Can I get the Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Premium Sedan with 15,000 miles per year

Thanks
    Wayne
  • jasvicjasvic Member Posts: 18
    And this just popped up at a local dealer so figured I'd check it out too -

2012 Impreza WRX Sedan Limited, 15K 35 month.

Gesh... three years and I still put an extra "z" :confuse:

Thanks!
    You're welcome ploppous.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go jasvic. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza WRX Sedan Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a WRX Sedan Premium are .00190 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Legacy Sedan Premium with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Wayne. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sedan Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 58%.

Car_man
    Host
    Ha, jasvic, I noticed the extra "z" :). Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a WRX Sedan Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00025 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • gluzgluz Member Posts: 10
    Dear Car_man, what would be the adjustment for the same car for 12,000 miles?

2012 Impreza WRX Sedan Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%

Thank you.
  • bt83bt83 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman i would like to know the lease numbers for the 2012 sti premium and limited sedan for a 36 month term with 12k a year. Thank you in advance.
  • avi_flaxavi_flax Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man, I just saw that Subaru is offering this “special” lease on their website: $299 a month for 42 months with $1,998 due at lease signing. $0 security deposit. Tax, title and registration fees extra. This is on a base WRX for which the MSRP is $25,595. My question is: is this a good deal?

Thanks!
    Avi
  • impreziveimprezive Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_Man,
    Do you happen to have the March residual and money factor for an Impreza Sport Premium with CVT at 12k a year?
    Thanks!
    Hi gluz. Traditionally Subaru's low mileage adder for 12,000 mile per year leases has been 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • trowe77trowe77 Member Posts: 2
    This would be my first lease, so I am seeking some expert feedback. I'll have a trade in worth about 2K and perhaps 1K in cash, as well as my company discount (not sure exactly how much it'll be).

lease:$328/mo.36mo.
    $1999 due at sign
    10K mi/yr $.25/mi over
    sale: $38165
    dealer: Schepel (IN) & Naperville (IL)

I also read what you said on the 19th about the GM incentive through Ally.

My question is given cap cost reduction, adjusted cap reduction and % residual, is this a good lease payment per month?

Is there anything else I should be looking for within the guidelines of this lease?
  • mrskinnycosmrskinnycos Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

What are the money factor and residual for an Impreza Sport Limited w/ Moonroof and no Nav? 36 and 42 month leases at 15000 miles. The car is coming in April, are the April rates out yet??

Thank you.
    edited December 2008
    Hi bt83. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 4-Door WRX STI Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Avi. Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to calculate manufacturers' official advertised payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Great username imprezive :). Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium CVT with 12,000 miles per year are .00110 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings trowe77. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You mentioned that this car has a selling price of $38,165. What is its MSRP? I need something to compare this number to and I can tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrskinnycos. Subaru's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sport Limited with Moonroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00115 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00120 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man! I will be asking again in May or June, as I ordered a brand new shiny Impreza yesterday. Excited. :D
    Anyone in the Omaha area: Edwards Subaru in Council Bluffs was easy to work with.
  • morgan5245morgan5245 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man. Could you please post April’s MF and residual for a 36-month lease for 2012 Impreza WRX Sedan Base – with 12,000 miles a year? -Thanks
  • subiesvxsubiesvx Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Hello Car Man.

Could you provide the April residual percent and Money Factor for a 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Premium CVT PZEV (Fed):

24 months/12,000 miles (charge per mile over 12K?)
    24 months/15,000 miles (charge per mile over 15k?)
    36 months/12,000 miles (charge per mile over 12K?)
    36 months/15,000 miles (charge per mile over 15k?)

Also are there any down payments required?

Acquistion fee(s)?

Other fees?

Thanking you in advance for your help and cooperation on this matter. It is a very helpful and greatly appreciated.

SubieSVX
  • dealbreaker1dealbreaker1 Member Posts: 13
    Can you please give residual and money factor for a 2012 2.0i

36/15000 with charge per mile over
    42/15000 with charge per mile over
    36/18000 with charge per mile over
    42/18000 with charge per mile over
  • dealbreaker1dealbreaker1 Member Posts: 13
    Forgot to ask, should I expect to pay a $500 dealer handling fee or is that just pure hidden profit for them? Also, should I be able to get a sale price at invoice in Colorado? Basically, I want an out the door payment I can break into a payment on my own including:

Invoice price on car
    Taxes
    Interest
    Title fee ($27 or so here)
    Dealer Handling Fee

Is the handling fee the ONLY place I should be letting them negotiate their profit above invoice? I understand someone needing to make some money, but I'm more concerned about me not paying money at this point as my previous car was stolen. Should I be able to flat out walk out with a price of invoice plus tax and title fees (and maybe a couple hundred bucks for them), figure the residual from a percentage and then figure interest with a money factor, resulting in a monthly lease payment?
  • jarbrojarbro Member Posts: 2
    Carman,

What is the April residual and MF on a Impreza Auto Premium wagon w/ moonroof and 12k miles and for the Impreza Limited w/ moonroof and 12k miles.

Thanks.
  • corbindallascorbindallas Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Hey Carman,

Was wondering if you could give me rates (MF/Residual) for the following car:
    April 2012 WRX limited Hatchback, 39 months/42 months, 10K miles per year.
    Thanks!!

-Corbin
    You're welcome and congratulations on your order imprezive. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure morgan5245. Subaru's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza WRX Sedan Base with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Great username SubieSVX. I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium CVT with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You definitely don't want to lease this car for 24-months, Subaru is not currently providing support on 2-year leases.

The last time I checked, Subaru's low mileage adder for 12,000 mile per year leases was 1%.

Chase charges a $595 acquisition fee on Subaru leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • subiesvxsubiesvx Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man. A great help.

Yes agreed -- a long time since the SVX was around.
    Hi dealbreaker1. Subaru's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza 2.0i automatic with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The number for an otherwise identical 42-month lease .00035 and 54%.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Chase, Subaru's captive finance company, leases with. If so and you need to drive more than that, you should purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jarbro. Subaru's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza 2.0 Wagon w/moonroof, auto and 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 Impreza 2.0 Wagon Limited auto are .00115 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Corbin. Subaru's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 WRX Hatchback Limited with 10,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00195 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome subiesvx.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again Car_man,

VIN arrived and ETA is May 21, so if you happen to have the May residual and money factor for a Sport Premium with CVT at 12k, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Sure imprezive. Subaru's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium CVT with 12,000 miles per year are .00110 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • carcurious18carcurious18 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I'm looking to lease a Subaru Impreza 2.0i Automatic sedan for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year and was wondering if you could give me the MF and residual value for May. I got quoted for the following lease and wanted to know if its a good deal:

2012 Subaru Impreza standard sedan -

MSRP: $19,214
    Net Sale Price: $18,301
    Sales Tax: $720.71
    Acquisition fee: $595
    Doc fee: $250
    Registration fee:$18.50
    License fee: $44.75
    Title fee: $15
    Cap Reduction Tax: $19.38
    Gross Cap Cost: $20,243

I was quoted for MF of 0.00085 and a residual value of 58% or $11,162.10, this comes out to $278.95 for my monthly payments. I'm just concerned since you quoted the April MF as .00035 for the same car with 15k miles per year. In this case, would I be able to negotiate the MF?

Thanks!
  • ezm1ezm1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. With these numbers, do you think a person is better off leasing or
    buying an Impreza? Thanks.
    Hi carcurious18. The .00035 money factor is still valid for a 36-month lease of a Impreza 4-dr 2.0i. If your credit is in good shape then the dealer is marking your car's factor up to add additional profit to your deal. I personally wouldn't let them do this. I'd lease at a good selling price with the buy rate or I'd get something else.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ezm1. Given how attractive the Impreza's lease program is right now I personally would lease. If you really don't want to lease you can always finance this car at 2.9% for 60 months, but again I think that the lease is the better deal right now if it works for your planned use.

Car_man
    Host
  • browntyebrowntye Member Posts: 3
    Hello Car Man,

I wanted to see if you could help me understand what I can expect for a lease payment for the following:

Model: 2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium w/ Popular Package #1
    MSRP: $22847
    Invoice: $21570
    Purchase Price: $21320

Was told that the only fees the dealer has to include are doc fee ($250) and title fee ($35)
    Our county sales tax is 7.75% (which sounds like that would equate to $1674)
    Delivery would be made in August but purchase would be made this week (mid June)

I am looking for a 36 month or 42 month lease with mileage of 15K/yr. You can assume the top tier credit for the purchase.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Tye
    Hi Tye. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Sport Premium that has an MSRP of $22,847 and a selling price of $21,320 through Chase right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $265.

The payment for an otherwise identical 42-month lease would be around $253.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your help!
  • chrispy73chrispy73 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you please give me the MF and residual rates for a 2012 WRX Premium lease for 36 months/10k miles (I would prefer 12k). Dealer is quoting a MF rate of .00225 and .57 residual. Dealer is using MSRP of $29423, $27500 price with my trade in for a $336.25 monthly payment with taxes. Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris
    Car Man,

Can you share the money factor and residual for the 2012 Impreza Sport Premium, 36 months and 15K miles per year that you used in your calculation?

And is it possible that the dealer would be using something different to calculate lease payments? I was quoted at $283 / month, which was slightly higher than I expected but this was for 42 months.
  • m3cjcm3cjc Member Posts: 1
    Looking to see if anyone has the June lease numbers for the impreza sport limited with 12k/year for 36 months. Also what fees are usually involved in these leases?
  • dudenydudeny Member Posts: 1
    Looking for MF and Residual for 10K/36 months for the following:

Impreza 2.0i Hatchback
    Impreza 2.0i Premium Hatchback

Thanks in advance!
  • tarhootarhoo Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car_Man,

Do you happen to have the June or July MF and Residual for 12k/36 months for a 2.0i Premium Hatchback, assuming top credit tier? I'm getting quoted sale prices around $21k with monthly lease payments of $324, which seems a bit high. Thanks in advance.