Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You and Stephen now own BOTH of the Subarus in Florida. :D
  • stevernstevern Member Posts: 41
    Hi,

Can anyone post the August numbers for the 09 Legacy SE automatic using either 10 or 12k miles/year & 36 or 39 months (which ever are more attractive?)

I know that there aren't many left (I'm in NY) at this point.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Bmurner, Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Steve. You're right, most dealers don't have any 2009 Legacies or Foresters left at this point. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy SE with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00180 and 49%.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • birdstrike1birdstrike1 Member Posts: 15
    Car_Man:

Do you have September numbers for the 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium, 36 month lease, 15K or 12K per year? Any ideas when they will begin to subsidize the 2010's based on previous experience. Dealers here have only very few 09's left...
  • sbrannansbrannan Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My power steering went out on my 08 Legacy. It has 38,000 miles on it so I'm told I just missed the warranty. It didn't appear as though this is a known problem to the vehicle. Have any of you heard otherwise? What are my chances of getting this covered under the warranty--that I am of course, 2000 miles over? The damage is just over a grand, at a subaru dealer.

Thank you.

Shawn
  • ahqahq Member Posts: 37
    I wonder if that would be covered under the powertrain warranty or the bumper-to-bumper warranty... if so, the former is a five-year, 60K mile warranty, so maybe you might be in luck after all. Good luck!
    Call 800-SUBARU3 and be nice.

A better dealer would do that for you, to be honest. That's soooo close.
  • ccasey1ccasey1 Member Posts: 19
    Hi,

Can anyone share current MF and residuals for a 2.5GT Limited lease for 36 (or 39) months @ 10k and 12k per year?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
  • opencars1opencars1 Member Posts: 2
    I wonder if anyone has the residual % and money factor for a 3yr.lease with both 10 &12 thousand miles for september. Thanks for any help.
    Here you go, birdstrike1. Subaru's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

You're right about the inventory situation. After posting several consecutive months of amazing sales results, Subaru has not had any problem selling out its leftover models. Technically this is a special lease because the above money factor is better than Chase's standard factor on Subarus. It's difficult to say whether Subaru will enhance its lease program on the '10 Forester. My gut tells me that they probably won't improve the current lease program much because they are already knocking the cover off of the ball sales-wise. Why add support if sales are going so well? Having said that, it's difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Chris. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 51%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 48%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, opencars1. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 3.6 Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 56%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ccasey1ccasey1 Member Posts: 19
    Thank you, Car_man!
    You're very welcome, ccasey1.

Car_man
    Host
  • ohgolfer76ohgolfer76 Member Posts: 1
    Car man, can you give me the current lease #s for '10 legacy 3.6r limited with 15k miles/yr. 36 month. thanks
    Hi ohgolfer76. Subaru's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • spitfire36ospitfire36o Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,
    do you have the numbers on a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium, m/t, 24 months, 25,000 mi/yr?
  • xhcxkidxhcxkid Member Posts: 4
    does anyone have the numbers for a2010 2.5i auto 12,000 mi/yr
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    Car_man,

Do you have the 2010 Legacy i Premium residual % and lease money factor for October, please - 36 months/12,000 mi. Auto transm?

Are November numbers available yet for the same terms above?

Thank you.
  • diatessarondiatessaron Member Posts: 1
    Just today I went to a dealer in NY and got these numbers for October (36 months/12,000 mi/yr)
    Legacy 2.5 Premium (Auto): Money factor 0.0011; residual 57%
    Legacy 2.5 Limited: Money factor 0.0019; residual 56%
    I hope it helps
  • cbat1cbat1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man:

Can you please post the November residuals and money factors for the 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited for 36 months at 12K and 10K miles per year. Thanks for your help.
    I certainly do spitfire36o. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 56%, respectively.

I provided you with the 36-month program for this car because Subaru is no longer providing support on 24-month leases. As a result, the money factor for a two year lease would be triple what it is for a three year lease.

Also, I provided you with the 15,000 mile per year residual value because that is the highest mileage allowance that Subaru publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It should be less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    xhcxkid, Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Legacy 2.5i with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi newgs. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00110 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cbat1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 55%, respectively.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • szn1szn1 Member Posts: 12
    Carman,

Do you have the lease numbers for Legacy Premium for December?

Thanx in advance.
  • winterfall1003winterfall1003 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car-Man

Do you have the residual and money factor numbers for a Legacy 20010 Ltd. 12,000 per year and 10,000 per year?

Thanks. BTW, been following your posts. You are great!
  • cdndrivercdndriver Member Posts: 86
    hi
    I've got an 07 legacy wagon that's coming off lease on the 20th. I've been looking at a VW tdi golf wagon, and V50 volvo, but I don't know if I can afford the lease or buying. Things are not real great money wise due to the economy. And since there isn't a new legacy wagon, at least not in north america (the UK has a beautiful one, thank you Subaru! :mad: )
    anyway, my buy out is about 15,500. The car has almost 80thousand km on it, which is about 8 thou over my limit. It's had a bit of front end work done, due to a little fender bender, so it's not worth the 15 and a half. Do you think that I could make an offer for a lower amount to buy it out? Do they consider those things, or are they adamant that you pay in full. It'd be cheaper to try and make payments on this amount than on a new car, and I don't want a sedan, nor the forester, since it gets worse mileage than the car I have. I like the legacy I have, and feel that might be the best and cheapest way out, but the car isn't worth the residual. Any good ideas on how to approach them? Would I have to get financing from a bank to buy it out?
    thanks, I'm running out of time here, and the other cars, nice as they are, are too much money.
    I appreciate the advice.
    cdndriver
    I can sympathize...

...but that may be a hard sell. You're telling them you want to pay less because you didn't take the best care of (or have the best luck with) your own car.

So that's asking them to take a loss for you.

They may budge a little just to make a deal, so good luck, but don't expect miracles.
  • cdndrivercdndriver Member Posts: 86
    well, when you put it that way. :blush:
    even if I hadn't had a problem, the car has still depreciated more than the residual they estimated at the lease start. Other than the accident, I keep the car in great shape.
    I asked them the other day on the phone and the lady didn't even blink. She just said, "if you don't want to pay the price, give it back, and if you're late, we'll charge you every extra day."
    I guess GMAC needs every penny.
    I don't think any miracle will happen.
    I now need to just see if I can keep the car. My insurance is going way up, (38 years of driving with no problems, but two small accidents and they really nail you! :mad: )
    so I don't know if I can afford to keep the car. I may have to find some beater, but I'm concerned about something safe, since I drive with my family as well.
    we'll see what happens.
    thanks,
    cdndriver
    GMAC is going to take an even bigger loss if they don't deal. Oh well.

There is a $259/month 40 month lease on Foresters now, $1500 or so due at signing. ;)
    I certainly do, szn1. Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 56%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks winterfall1003 :blush: . Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00140 and 55%, respectively. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • epiechepiech Member Posts: 8
    Wow; Car_Man, thanks for providing the Subaru Legacy rates. Do you also happen to have the MF and residual for the 2.5 GT Premium (the turbo) for 12K and 36 & 42 months?
  • nodonodo Member Posts: 1
    The lease on my present car expires 3/31/10. I'd like to replace it with a lease on a Subaru Legacy 2.5 Ltd. When do you suggest I start negotiations on the new car? Will you be able to furnish me with fairly relevent money factor and residual value factors at that time? I understand that at this time, Subaru is offering a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year for $1,700 down and $330.00 per month for a 2010 Legacy Ltd. Is that a good deal? What about "no money down" ?
  • djwchadjwcha Member Posts: 6
    Do you have the Lease rates for Jan. for a 2010 Legacy Prem & Legacy GT Limited 36mon 15k? thanks
    You're welcome, epiech. Here's the latest info for you.

Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease of this vehicle are .00100 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nodo. If I was in your situation, I personally would probably start seriously negotiating for a new vehicle at the beginning of March. There's no reason to waste any of the remaining payments on your current vehicle by getting a new one a month or two early.

Subaru's current lease program is only scheduled to run through February 1st, so it's difficult to say what the lease program will be like on this model in March. I would be happy to fill you in on the details of the program if you check back with me then.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, djwcha. Here you go. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 48%, respectively. The numbers for the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoeman21zoeman21 Member Posts: 5
    I leased a 2010 Legacy in Oct. Be very aware of substantial steering issues on this vehicle. I suggest test driving on the highway at least 65mph and look for wheel vibration and drifting where u must constantly correct to keep the car in a straight line. If no issues ensure that the car you test drove is the car you will be getting..
  • jojoriosjojorios Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to lease a Legacy 3.6R Limited with Nav/Sunroof with 12k miles for 42 months and got a quote for $380 with $1700 down. I know that if I wanted to make the deal final i could probably get it little lower. Does that seem like a good value or have people gotten it for less? I know the Nav/Sunroof option is very hard to find, at least in my area (NYC).
    Hi jojorios. I always find that the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given.

If I was in the market for a 2010 Legacy, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice give or take.

You really should find out how much the dealer is trying to charge you for this car. If you find out, let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • jojoriosjojorios Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for the response. I placed the order on the car. These are the details I have so far:

42 months/12k miles
    MSRP $32,423
    Selling Price: $30,499.00 (Supposedly $99 over invoice as per my BJ's auto discount)

With $1700 down and taxes upfront I'm looking at about $360 a month they said. The problem is that I have to wait 3-4 months. Now someone told me that it seems really low and it might be a way of them trying to get one of these car into their lot. Since I won't know exactly how much I will pay a month until the car actually arrives at the lot it may actually go up into the $400 range.
  • gperrgperr Member Posts: 157
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the April MF & Residuals for the following:

36 months 12k miles for:

Legacy 2.5i Premium
    Legacy 2.5i Limited
    Legacy 3.6R

Thanks

gperr
    Hey gperr. Here you go. Subaru's April lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 59%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Limited are .00120 and 56%.

The numbers for a 36 / 12 lease on a base Legacy 3.6R are .00120 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • njaudi7njaudi7 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man!

Can you please give me April MF and Residual for a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited for 36 months and 12,000 miles?

Thanks!
  • krothmankrothman Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Can you please provide the April MF & Residuals for the following:

36 months - 10K and 12k miles for:

Legacy GT Limited

Thanks
  • foxdad67foxdad67 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    This question has been asked and answered for the 12k per year lease, I would like to know the the MF and Residuals for a 15k limit for the 2010 Legacy 2.5i limited.
    Thanks!
  • jaredapjaredap Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I am fairly novice at this lease thing. I will be returning an old subaru off lease and leasing a new legacy premium 2.5i, After doing some calculations with 7% city/state tax and residuals (thanks carman) with a good truevalue sale price of 21,400 and a 36 monther I come out to $283 as a reasonable price (nothing down). Is this a good price to aim for on the lease or should I go lower. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.