Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• cyndal4cyndal4 Member Posts: 1
    Due to multiple paperwork issues with my lender, I haven't gotten plates for my leased car. The lease is up in June, and I don't want to drop $450 for 2 months of registration, but I don't know what the penalties are for expired tags, or if there are any. Does anyone know?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, njaudi1. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, krothman. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 51%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey foxdad67. Chase's 15,000 mile per year residual values for Subarus are 1% lower than its 12,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • james_riverjames_river Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you please provide the May MF & Residuals for the following:

36 months - 12k miles for:

Subaru Legacy Premium

Thanks
  • montess454montess454 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Just got a quote for a Legacy GT-Limited MSRP $ 32,633

36 month / 18000 mile/yr Lease
    Due at signing
    Only $380(plus my state sales tax on $380) ......then $380(plus my state tax on $380) per mo. for 36 months

Good deal? Supposedly discounted car to $28,300 then had an add'l $2500 factory step rebate on GT model.

Not sure of residual or finance rate utilized for this term/mi lease. Any help?
    I am guessing 49% residual @ money factor of .00143
    Here's the information that you're looking for, james_river. Subaru's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00070 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jlmarsjlmars Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to determine what the June 2010 money factor and residual are for a Legacy Premium w/ manual trans and all weather package (10,000 miles, 36 mth). Thanks!
  • lionmilklionmilk Member Posts: 14
    Dear car_man,

Would you able to give June MF and residual for 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT and also for the same Limited model?

What would be the price range for a 3year, 10k/year, 7.75% tax rate (zip 44115) cars like this with current financials?
    Hello jlmars. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy Premium with a manual transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00110 and 59%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, lionmilk. Subaru's June lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT with 10,000 miles per year are .00220 and 68%, respectively (wow what an amazing residual value).

I would be happy to use this lease program to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You can find that info over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    68%?!

Deal down and that's one cheap lease!
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2010
    Car_man:

If you would, how does this change if you change the mileage to 12k?

What are these values for the 2010 model? I'm hoping to find a dealer with stock, and save some money on getting a leftover. Wondering also what I can expect to save on a leftover!

The money factor seems awfully high for a lease (not doubting your numbers, sir, just making a general observation). In doing the calculations for other cars, the highest I've seen it is 3.36%.

Damn, 68% residual is making me seriously consider the Legacy right now! Thanks very much!
  • my_lgtmy_lgt Member Posts: 2
    Hi-
    Can you provide me with the June money factor and residual for a 2010 and 2011 Legacy 2.5GT Limited - 36 months, 15,000 miles. I'm in New England (sometimes told by salespeople that dealing with Subaru of New England has different variables than with SOA).

Thank You-
  • rslocumbrslocumb Member Posts: 1
    Car man...could you please provide money factor and residual for 2010 legacy 2.5i premium CVT for 36 months and 15K miles. thank you
  • cfkidcfkid Member Posts: 30
    I'd be interested in these numbers too. I'm not in NE, but I'd like to see the national numbers. Of course, the numbers are going on change on the 1st, so it may not really matter. Thanks
  • my_lgtmy_lgt Member Posts: 2
    I'd like to edit my above request and request the numbers for July when they are available.

Thanks
  • cfkidcfkid Member Posts: 30
    Well, since we haven't had a reply yet, I talked to my dealer. Being a VIP member, it was relatively painless to get residual and money factor. Residual on the 2010 GT Limited is 47% for 36 months and 45% for 39 months. The Money Factor is 0.0010 or 2.4%. Sorry, I forgot to ask about the 2011's but the residual is probably higher as well as the money factor.
  • jpmiller99jpmiller99 Member Posts: 50
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please give me the July residual & money factor for a 2011 Subaru Legacy Premium 5 speed for 12K miles per year, for a 36 month lease?

BTW, how do you have access to this information, and is this something that anyone can get?

Thanks for your help in advance...
  • jpmiller99jpmiller99 Member Posts: 50
    In addition to the above, can I have the residual/MF for a 2011 Legacy Premium 2.5 i with CVT for 12K/year 36 months?

thanks again.
  • whitemagicwhitemagic Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Hi Car_Man,

Can I get the July money factor and residual values for the 2011 Legacy GT Limited? This would be for either a 36 month 12k or 10k lease.

Also, can a person sign a lease out of state at a dealership that gives them the best deal or is this not allowed?

Thanks very much for the help!
  • IagoIago Member Posts: 6
    Can I get the residual and money factor for a Legacy 4dr Sdn H4 Auto 2.5i Prem AWP/Pwr Moon?

12k/36 moth assumed, or whichever is better?

Is 68% residual still valid for July?
    Hi jpmiller99. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any resource that provides accurate information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi whitemagic. Subaru's July lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy GT Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

You are free to lease the Legacy that you want through any dealership, not just the ones that reside in your home state.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Iago.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Subaru's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • altimatealtimate Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2010
    Car man: Thanks for all the valuable info over the last few years.

My 09 Legacy lease is up in Sept. 10. Love the car but the killer residual makes buying it out of the question (would you believe close to 80% on a 2 yr.)

I have mixed feelings about new Legacy styling but with the high residuals I'm seeing a deal that may be to good to pass up.

If you could could provide a lease price,0 down, 36 mo., 15000 mi, MF and residual for an 11' Legacy 2.5i Ltd with sunroof. Cap cost around 26,400. Also, what is the likely drop in residual to be expected leasing in Sept instead of July?
    I thought that was a 24 month lease and had to read it twice. Wow.
  • porsche11porsche11 Member Posts: 4
    I finally got my legacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    36month 10000/year
    2011 Subaru Legacy Premium Auto
    MSRP: 22720
    Deal: 21200
    Residual: 68%
    MF: 0.0018

226/month
    240/month (include 6% sales tax)
    260/month (include 6% sales tax and property tax (shame on my state))
    Zero down $260 at signing

Is it good deal? :)
    32% depreciation in 3 years is unheard of. 68% residual = amazing.

Seriously, 50s is good, some cars fall in the high 40s.
  • zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Those numbers look awesome
  • raduderadude Member Posts: 50
    Car-man,

Can you please provide me with the numbers on a 2010 and 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited for a 36 month/10k lease.

Thanks
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    260 due at signing, sounds good to me. The actual price of the car 21,200 isn't that great. But I am guessing you got no fees added to that. So your deal looks good.

What state you in? Never heard of a property tax on a automobile, that is lame!!!
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    Subaru is great for leasing. They give really high residuals. subaru is very aggressive in the leasing market.
    No Question. It's really all about residuals. A $1000 cash incentive is nothing compared to 10 points of additional residual. On a 25K cap cost that would save you $2000 on the cost of the lease. So even though Subaru isn't giving any cash incentives the lease deal is very likely better than on a car that does. As an example, a GMC Terrain (nice vehicle) cap costing out in the mid 20's has a 43% residual compared to a Legacy's 60+%. Paying the same cap cost and you'd be looking at the Terrain costing $5000 more on a 3 yr. lease. Ouch!
  • porsche11porsche11 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, hellagrant

I live in Connecticut. :cry:
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Hello,

What are the number for the month of August 2010 on 2010/2011 Subaru Outbacks, 36 months lease, 12k/15k.

Thank you very much!
    Car-man,

Can you also provide the numbers on a 2010 and 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited for a 42 month/10k lease.

Thanks
    Hey altimate. Wow the resid on your Legacy was 80%. You're right to not be interested in purchasing your car at lease-end.

I need both the MSRP and the selling price to work up a sample payment on the car that you are interested in. You only gave me the latter. Let me know what the MSRP is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go radude.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with 10,000 miles per year are .00120 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00200 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man.

What about a 42 month/10K lease on a Legacy 3.6R Limited?
    You're right about that, hellagrant. Subaru's residual values are very strong.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello hypnotics. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Chase's August lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Outback 2.5i with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 57%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00100 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure radude. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 10,000 miles per year are.00210 and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '10 model are .00145 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,

The MSRP on a Legacy Limited with moonroof is $27,160. Selling Price $25,900.

I 'd appreciate your working up the figures on that.

Thanks.
  • hypnoticshypnotics Member Posts: 69
    Thanks car-man!!!
  • streetglidemanstreetglideman Member Posts: 1
    Well I'm no lease expert but I am admiring our two new Legacy cars in the garage and very happy with the deal I received today from LaRiche Subaru in Findlay, Ohio. I bought 2 new 2011 Legacy (base models with CVT transmissions), [fantastic cars!] zero down, no funny fees, no games, one with 15k miles per year, and the other with 10k miles per year. I asked for $250 each, got it. 2 new cars with ZERO cash of any kind out of pocket for $250 each per month 36 months. Couldn't care less about any residual or anything like that because I'll just lease 2 more in 3 years and do sign and drive again. I'll never buy a car again. Why? I'm never out of warranty, never out of roadside assistance, never an expensive MAJOR service, and I get a brand new fresh one every 36 months. Cheap leases work for me. I am deliriously happy. Will buy Subaru the rest of my life and hopefully from LaRiche Subaru. They rocked. Thanks Guys! - Scott
  • neofightneofight Member Posts: 3
    Looking at leasing a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Limited with moonroof, no nav. The lease quotes I have been getting seem high based on the information I have seen here. Can you please post (again, sorry) the residual and the money factor for this car. Looking at a 36 month lease with 12,000 or 15,000 miles/year. Also, will the money factor be affected if I do no money at signing? Finally, I think, are the figures you use for the financing factors from Subaru or from another source and are they the same everywhere?
    Thanks.
  • bossman141bossman141 Member Posts: 56
    Looking for the same car. Was quoted $350-380 taxes included with 1st payment and DMV fees up front. 12k 36 months.

Is this what you're getting? i thought it was high as well.
    That's rather high. The best quote I got was $377 sign-and -drive (all taxes and fees included). And that's for a 2011 Legacy 3.6R limited with a few options (MSRP 29,900), 42 month lease 10K a year.
  • neofightneofight Member Posts: 3
    I'm getting numbers about in this range. I have Illinois taxes to deal with and have been looking at 15,000 miles/year. Still feels high, though. Have an offer on a similarly equipped Altima at around $335/mo. The cars seem pretty similar to me. Felt like the Altima was slightly quicker in the low end but that the Subaru handling was a little preferable to me. Could be happy with either car.
This discussion has been closed.