Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• cway77cway77 Member Posts: 11
    Just thought I would through this out there but today I took delivery on a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium w/ the all weather package, moon roof, and window tint the dealer added for 268/month lease. That was 1000 down + 1000 for my trade and 10K miles a year. This dealer is really trying to move the 2010's and think this is a good deal. Appreciated all the info I read before this purchase so thought I would post this info for what ever its worth.
  • csuftitanscsuftitans Member Posts: 215
    Hi,
    Could you tell me what is the money factor for 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium, 12k/year for both 24months and 36 months please.

Thanks
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    2000 down
    268 with or without tax?
    36 months?

either way, I honestly don't think you got a great deal, sorry. People have been getting $250 range with 0 down
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2010
    Hello everyone! Hopefully, the CARMAN can give me the current Residual Values and Money Factors for a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium and 2.5i Limited. Not sure is the values are different between these 2 models, but these are what I am looking for:

36 months and 10,000 miles/yr (or 12,000 miles/yr) with credit score of 720+

I am looking for a similar lease to what was posted, a zero due at signing and around $250/mo.

Thanks!!
  • perfectrainbowperfectrainbow Member Posts: 2
    Here is what I got in Cleveland Ohio.
    2011 Legacy
    base automatic
    $264 per month
    36 months
    12K miles
    $450 at inception (includes all tax title etc) and includes 1st month downpayment (so 35 more payments)
  • sarat719sarat719 Member Posts: 1
    Interested in leasing a 2010 or 2011 legacy base model automatic. Msrp is about 22000 sale price is 20000. Credit is high 500s but co signer credit is in 800s. Is this even possible? Looking at 36 months and 12000 miles per year. Can you tell me what a good deal would be? I am in the colorado springs area. Saw an advertisement for same model 179 per month and 1000 down but this was only for 10000 miles. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Thanks for the additional information, altimate.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited with sunroof that has an MSRP of $27,160 and a selling price of $25,900 through Chase right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $344.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
    You're very welcome hypnotics.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi csuftitans. You definitely do not want to lease any Subaru for only 24 months. Subaru is not providing support on 2-year leases right now. As a result, any lease for that term would be very expensive.

Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 64%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum</i
    Here you go lasvegasrph.

Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00180 and 66%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '11 Legacy 2.5i Limited are .00165 and 61%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • perfectrainbowperfectrainbow Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Car Man,
    so what do you think of the deal I got.

Subaru legacy 2011 graphite gray base automatic no additions.
    36 month lease through chase. excellent credit (750)
    $450 at inception.
    12 K miles.
    $264 for remaining 35 months (post tax) approx $244 pre tax (our tax rate in Cuyahogo county Ohio is 7.75%)

Im figuring a money factor of .002 approx and residual value of 63% but my numbers could be off.

Thanks.
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations on getting your new Legacy, perfectrainbow.

At first glance, your payment certainly looks attractive, that's a heck of a car for only $244 per month. It would be much easier for me to provide you with a detailed analysis of this deal if you provided us with this car's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you were given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • abcgraphixabcgraphix Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,
    Can you please calculate the lease in this 2 options? Are the selling prices good?
    What are the number for factor and residual for this month? Thanks in advance.

2011 Legacy Premium + AWP/HK/Media Hub/Homelink/Splash Guards
    MSRP 25,284
    Selling Price 23,014
    10K/year - 36 months
    No money down - Credit score around 750
    7.72% Tax

2011 Legacy Limited + Popular2B and Popular 3B
    MSRP 27,367
    Selling Price 25,048
    10K/year - 36 months
    No money down - Credit score around 750
    7.72% Tax
  • netdoc1netdoc1 Member Posts: 3
    Dealer would not provide any of the typical info of money factor and or residul. But quoted a 12K miles per year as $580 wich is more per month that i was quoted for a G37X AWD. Seems nuts to me. What is the standard Money factor and residual for a 2011 3.6R with Nav?
  • spacklebucketspacklebucket Member Posts: 5
    I don't have the numbers you're looking for, but you are correct when you say, "Seems nuts to me". I think they might by quoting you a full pop lease.
    Another thing is that if they would not provide any of the "typical" info, something is not right.
    Sale price of vehicle, Money Factor and residual value figures are not optional information.
    Any reputable dealer should be able to give you that info.
  • inlandsurfinlandsurf Member Posts: 1
    If Possible, Trying to find out if this is a good deal...and what the lease payment should be??? Please :)

2011 Legacy Limited (moonroof, and some other small options)
    msrp 27742
    selling price 26200
    12k miles
    Great credit (790)
    Residual 16367
    9.5 tax.

Thanks!
  • raduderadude Member Posts: 50
    That dealer is definitely trying to take you for a ride.

In September I leased a 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited (with some add-ons but no NAV) for $390 a month, 42 month, 10K a year. That was with 0 down (sign and drive). The MSRP was $30,000.

You may want to try other dealers in your area.
  • cutter22oucutter22ou Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the Money Factor and Residual Percentage values for November for the 2011 Subaru Legacy Premium?

I was quoted an offer of $23,300 MSRP Sale Price (company discount) for a 36 months, 12k miles, 0 money down, $296 lease payment. It was with the All Weather Package. Trying to find out if the deal is good and where I can negotiate.

Thanks for any feedback. I know i can negotiate on the sale price from their quoted MSRP discount, but want to to know the other numbers to look for. Thanks again.
  • altimatealtimate Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2010
    Car-man, Thanks for your lease quote. As I had mentioned sometime back the residual on my 09 Legacy was too high to buy off lease even though I loved the car.

None the less I called Chase and was pleasantly surprised that they quickly moved off the residual and in fact agreed to reduce the purchase price by 3K. They then offered 4% financing as well and no bother with a credit check either.

What seemed like no deal has turned into a great deal and I am now the happy owner of my 09 Legacy. The moral of the story is it's always worth an effort to negotiate.

Keep up the good work.
  • stktraderstktrader Member Posts: 4
    @altimate,
    I tried to do this with my 4 '09 legacys that I leased through Chase, but they wouldn't budge on the buyout price, so I just turned them in. I actually have a bad experience with chase on 2 of the legacys because they said I did all of this damage and wanted to charge me >$2k ontop of the $1k wear and tear. I ended up having to write subaru and chase a letter, and they eventually dropped all the charges. Chase really gave me the run around and threatened to ruin my credit if I didn't pay. Anyways, I turned in all 4 since they didn't want to negotiate the buyout. They even admitted once on the phone they got crushed on the residual values, as if that is my problem. I think I remember it was upwards of 80%, someone must have not calculated these right when they did the offer. Whoopsidaises. This was the best deal of the decade IMHO.

So I am a glutton for punishment and I am looking to lease another legacy through Chase. Still trying to decide between the 3.6R limited and the 2.5GT limited. I am not crazy about cheap feeling WRX, so I think the 2.5GT is the best equivalent.
  • altimatealtimate Member Posts: 74
    sk:

Sorry to hear you weren't able to deal on your 09's. I wonder if the time you turned them in was a factor. I made my deal in late September. Maybe by then they were
    tired of taking a bath on residuals.

A friend just bought a 11' 3.6R and he loves it. Says it's very fast and has great features.
    Hi netdoc1. $580 per month is way too much money to pay for a Legacy. The Legacy is nice, but one can lease some amazing vehicles for nearly $600 per month. Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 3.6R with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cutter22ou. According to the latest information that I have seen, Subaru's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Sedan Premium with 15,000 miles per year are 0.00125 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajfitzerajfitzer Member Posts: 30
    Was told by the dealer that on a 2011 3.6R, they are using a 0015 money factor and Residual is 20009.00. I am coming out of a 2008 legacy lease, so loyalty will play into my fees, but $337/month for 36 months, 12K miles or $365 with the taxes rolled in. This a 3.6R with moon roof, but no nav.

I still do not have the selling price of the vehicle though. Anyone figure that out here??

Carman, as always.....thanks!
  • rakapurrakapur Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    im looking at the Legacy 3.6R Limited 36 month 12,000 miles what is the residual and money factor for this month? also are is the remote start, shock sensor, fog lights residualized? i am looking to lease MAYBE this week.
    im looking to have payments under $400 a month with no money down, i do have excellent credit and will have a cosigner with excellent credit
    test drove today worked on the numbers, 3.6 Legacy Limited 10k miles is 62% 12k is 61% 15k is 60% money factor is .00150

if all works out i will take delivery on Friday $382 a month (36 months) all taxes and other bs rolled in:
    2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited w/ Fog Lights, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, All Weather Floor Mats, Remote Start, Shock Sensor
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    Can I get the money factor and residual for a 2011 Legacy Premium CVT?
  • renaizancerenaizance Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    can anyone tell me if i am getting a good deal on a 2011 3.6r legacy limited with navigation - 15k lease - 56% residual - .00135 money factor

2,250 trade in - 500 down -
    358 per month?

additionally - i had a deal for a legacy 2.5i limited with nav but the dealership was saying that it would take 4-8 weeks for it to come in - am i getting taken on that idea?

thanks in advance
    Hi rakapur. Subaru's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 62%, respectively.

That's a very good question about whether these options can be residualized. Are these OEM options? If so, then they probably can be.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hellagrant. According to the latest information that I have seen, Subaru's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy Premium CVT with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 63%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi renaizance. The easiest way for us to evaluate this deal would be to look at this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP or dealer invoice. These numbers would enable us to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgable community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • renaizancerenaizance Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    thanks carman

i ended up getting the 3.6r ltd with navigation for $338 per month on 12k lease

msrp - 32k
    invoice - 29,768
    negotiated price - 29600
    42 months
    .00205 money factor
    56% residual
    2250 trade in
    500 cash

i live in nj if that changes anything

thanks!
  • helixtimestwohelixtimestwo Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man...thanks for all the great info you provide!

I have a request -- could you update (January) the MF and residual % (12k, 15k) for a 2011 Legacy 3.6R base, premium and limited?

Much thanks!
  • helixtimestwohelixtimestwo Member Posts: 11
    Anybody? Bueller..?
    You're very welcome, helixtimestwo.

Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 3.6R with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 61%, respectively.

The numbers for the Premium model are exactly the same.

The numbers for the Limited model are .00135 and 59%.

I believe that the residual value for a lease of this car with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • tvelatvela Member Posts: 1
    2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6 limited w/ moonroof, ruby red
    36 months, 10,000 miles/yr
    $378/mo
    $835.00 due at signing
    tax included in monthly payment (8.125%)

thanks
  • rs6errs6er Member Posts: 11
    Car man-
    Can you tell me what the MF and Res Value for 12,000 miles on a 2011 2.5 Limited?
    Thanks.
    Hi rs6er. Subaru's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5 Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00115 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    The dealer told me he would lease me the car based on a $24,300 price + $199 document fee for $341/mo w/ $790 due at signing and a residual value of $15,845. Does that make sense based on what you said?
  • drfootdrfoot Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering the February MF and residuals for both a 2.5i Premium with cold weather AND also for a GT. Have these numbers changed much month to month?
    Thanks in advance, this forum has been very informative.
    Hi rs6er. I'd be happy to work up a payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you. I just need you to provide me with this car's MSRP in addition to the selling price that you already mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drfoot. Subaru's February lease program is exactly the same as its January program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the offer Car_man, but I decided to take advantage of the 1.9% financing. Picked up my new ABP Legacy 2.5 Limited yesterday. Got a great price at Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ. No one else who had the car I wanted in stock would match it.
    You're welcome, rs6er. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    i leased a 2011 Legacy 3.6R limited i got 62% residual and .00195 money factor. my sister went to test drive the Legacy 2.5 Limited and the residual was 58% on that and 60% on the 3.6. i looked at the book the dealer had so i know he wasnt bullshitting

$384 per month on my car
    $341 per month on the 2.5
  • cardoltcardolt Member Posts: 1
    All right, here are all the numbers that I have with no negotiating on yet on my part...

MSRP = 22,238
    Invoice = 21,263
    Sale Price = 21,363
    Residual = 13,754

Lease will be 209/mos. for 36 months.

Out of pocket is $3,031.14, which breaks down as follows:
    $999 Down
    $895 Acquisition Fee
    $209 First Payment
    $97.50 Fees
    $830.64 Tax (NY)

Is this a good deal for a 2011 2.5i w/ CVT?
  • ibush01ibush01 Member Posts: 6
    Hi car_man: can you provide the numbers for the Legacy 2.5i premium (manual) for April? I'm trying to get my dad the best deal possible -- they've given him a sale price 22349, MF .00145 and 60% residual for a monthly with PA tax of 288.95 (for the stick shift, all-weather package).

Thanks!

-- Ian
    I'd be happy to help you out Ian. That money factor looks way high. According to what I've seen, Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Legacy 2.5i Premium Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • jimvtjimvt Member Posts: 8
    Hey car_man,

Can you please provide April details for a Subaru 2011 Legacy 2.5i Limited CVT and history for Feb? From a different type of Tsunami victim, ordered in Feb and car didn't come in until last Friday!

Thanks,
    Jim
  • jimvtjimvt Member Posts: 8
    Sorry, 12K miles/yr & 36 month.

Thanks again,
    JimVT
This discussion has been closed.