Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

167891012»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello stackowax1. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor for a 42-month lease of a 2012 Legacy 2.5 Limited with manual transmission and the alloy wheel package is .00030, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier. As you suspected, the money factor that you were quoted is slightly high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mooch722mooch722 Member Posts: 3
    Hi carman,
    I live in NY State....FYI, the previous deal I was asking about fell through because they wanted to add an additional $20 per month at the last minute and the dealer was playing games with me and I didn't like their attitudes, so I told them to forget it.

I went to another dealer and this is what I was told. The same Subaru legacy premium with sunroof and all weather pkg, $297 a month for 39 months, 10k per year with $1600 down (NY state tax 0.0875 comes to $1,014 plus $595 bank fee and tags) not sure what selling price this was based on. Are these bank fees negotiable? This one is through Chase.. You said there is a spread of about $1,750.... So am I to assume I can negotiate the price of the car down to around $23,500? This is all very confusing and frustrating!! Thanks for your help!!
    Hey mooch722. Chase, the bank that Subaru uses as its captive finance company, charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. This fee cannot be waived. You can either pay it at signing or roll it into your car's capitalized cost.

You can look up this car's exact MSRP and dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • tigger5753tigger5753 Member Posts: 43
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2012 Legacy 2.5 Limited in the Boston area. What is the current MF, residual, and any rebates/promos available!

Thanks,

Sam
    Greetings Sam. Subaru's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Legacy 2.5 Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Subaru is currently providing a $250 cash incentive on leases of this car in most areas. The incentive on leases of it is a little higher in certain regions, but I don't believe that Boston is one of them.

Car_man
    Host
  • tigger5753tigger5753 Member Posts: 43
    Thanks car_man. I realized I forgot to put the mileage allowment. And MF/residuals change for $12k per year on miles?
    Hi tigger5753. The money factors are the same for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, but the residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Could I please get June's money factors and residuals for a Legacy 2.5i Premium lease, 36 months/12K miles, for both auto and manual if it's not too much trouble? Thanks in advance!
    Hi dad23. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Legacy 2.5i Premium with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease for a vehicle with a manual transmission are .00030 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • my3toosmy3toos Member Posts: 2
    Could I please get June's money factors and residuals for a Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT PZEV lease, 36 months/15K miles, top tier credit? Thanks for your help
    Here's the information that you're looking for my3toos. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Legacy Premium CVT with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dizzaxterdizzaxter Member Posts: 26
    Could I please get August's money factors and residuals for a 2012 and 2013 Legacy 2.5i limited CVT PZEV lease, 36 months/12K miles, top tier credit? Thanks!!
  • mrdivotmrdivot Member Posts: 1
    Car Guy, I'm beaten up and exhausted. Wanna lease for 24 mos and 12K miles. Dealer told me MF is .00335 and 70% resid. I told him that MF is usery rates. What is the current deal on the MF and resid? I live in MD. Gonna do $3K out of pocket. Thank you.
    You certainly can dizzaxter. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Legacy 2.5i Limited Auto with 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a lease of an otherwise identical 2013 model are .00130 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time in your negotiations, mrdivot. The money factor that you were quoted actually correct, but what they should have told you is that you shouldn't lease a Subaru for only 24-months. Subaru doesn't provide support on two year leases of its cars and in turn its money factors for that length lease are terrible. Go with a 36-month lease.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value fro a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited with Moon, Nav, and 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. As you can see, this money factor is a lot better than the two year factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • altimatealtimate Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    Hi Car_man:

I would appreciate your giving me the current money factor and residual on a 2013 Legacy Premium with All Weather Package and Moonroof. Also, are there any incentives on this vehicle.

36 mo. lease with 12000 or 15000 miles in the Detroit , Michigan area.

Thanks for your help.
    Here's the information that you are looking for, altimate. Chase's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy Premium with All Weather Package, Moonroof and 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

There really isn't any cash incentives on this vehicle right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • mishkigammimishkigammi Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Could I please have October's money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy Premium with All Weather Package, 12K/15K miles?

Thanks!
    Hello mishkigammi. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy Premium with All Weather Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • my3toosmy3toos Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    Could you provide the November lease money factors and residuals for a Legacy 2.5i premium with all-weather package (for both 12k and 15k miles please).
    Thanks!
    Hello my3toos. Chase's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium with All Weather Package and 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • subdrvrsubdrvr Member Posts: 4
    Car_man:

13' Legacy has a new Sport model with standard moonroof, 18" wheels, etc.

Could you give me the current money factor and residual on this model with 12,000 miles.
    I'm in the Detroit area.

Thanks in advance.
  • torombolotorombolo Member Posts: 5
    Hello Carman,

Would you have the numbers for 15K and 18K miles per year for 36monhts.
    Also is 36 months any better than the 42Mo Subaru advertises?

Besides the 595.00 acquisition fee. What other fees are legit? and what should I expect to pay out the door. Currently considering either a Zero Down or 3000K. Trying to get into a Legacy 2.5i Premium. I'm Located in CT.
    Certainly subdrvr. Chase's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00065 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi torombolo. That was the residual value for leases with 15,000 miles per year. I believe that's the highest mileage allowance that Chase publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end.

42-month leases are a little long for my personal taste. I prefer 36- or even 39-months.

They usually waive the security deposit, so at lease signing chase charges a $595 acquisition fee, your vehicle's first month's payment and any capitalized cost reduction that you choose to make (ideally this should be $0). Any other charges would be any state taxes or fees and perhaps the dealer trying to charge you a fluff doc fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • subieman99subieman99 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a lease on the following vehicle. Model has just about everything but nav.

Looking for some input in this lease offer. Good, bad?

"MSRP $31,781
    Sale price $28,618
    money factor for 36 months .00055
    residual for 12,000 miles per year 56%

Payment with $3500 due at signing which includes your first payment is $307 per month including tax, title and license"
    Hi subieman99. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. It's right in line with Chase's current lease program for this model.

Let's look at the other negotiable aspect of this lease, the selling price. The car that you described probably has a spread of around $2,600 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $3,100 discount that you were quoted is likely below invoice, unless you live in an area that there's a cash incentive available on leases of this car. Either way, this looks like a very good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctal1234ctal1234 Member Posts: 20
    What is the most recent MF and residual for a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited? Any special offers or dealer cash available right now? Any reason to think waiting until February would yield better numbers? Looking at a 36 month, 12k mile/year lease.

Thanks!
    Ctal1234, Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited with 12,000 miles per year are .00055 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ctal1234ctal1234 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks!
    You're welcome :)

Car_man
    Host
  • 6t5gto6t5gto Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car man,

I would appreciate it you can tell me the MF and residual for a 2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited. It would be a 15,000 mile/year, 36 month term. I am in 11803. Thank you.
    Hello 6t5gto. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • subiehornsubiehorn Member Posts: 1
    I leased a new 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited with Eyesight/navigation. The monthly payments are $330 for 42 months. I was told I would be allowed 52,000 miles when I turn it in, which was 12,000 miles a year for 42 months. When I got the paper work and looked it over, it said 52,500 miles allowed and $330.58 a month payment, so I signed it. Well, fast forward two weeks and I get a call from the dealership saying I was only supposed to get 12,000 miles a year for a total of 42,000 miles, not 52,500, which is 15,000 miles a year. Sure enough, I checked my paper work and it says I'm allowed 52,500 or 15,000 miles a year. I was more concerned with getting 52,000 a year and not doing the math so I didn't notice the 12,000 a year only added up to 42,000. I feel like the dealership made the math mistake and not me and should eat the cost on this. I thought I would check on here before I call them back.

Here are my numbers:

42 months
    52,500 miles at end of lease or 15,000 per year
    330.58/month
    1,217 capitalized cost reduction

$2,000 total due at signing

Agreed price 27,986.56 Gross capitalized cost 29,736.63
    Residual value 16,135.38
    rent charge 1,500.11

Do these numbers add up? Am I required to change my contract and keep this car at lesser miles? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • sdg2013sdg2013 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone utilized the Subaru college graduate program on a lease? Did it save you any money and is it easy to qualify?
  • ajf5150ajf5150 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking to lease the 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited. I recently test drove the exact model I have been looking for and it has almost all of the options - moonroof, navigation, and eye sight system. The MSRP of the car is $34,448 with the options and accessories I want. The dealer quoted me a monthly price of $494/month for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year with $1500 down at signing. This sounds incredibly high to me. I did not have them run my credit application because I am still shopping but I have always qualified for tier 1 financing with other primary car financing programs in the past. Can anyone shed any light on this. I know that it isn't as easy to deconstruct the structure of the deal because they didn't share the Cap Cost, projected residual or money factor figures with me - I actually didn't ask once they came back with such a high price. I appreciate any help from the more experienced leasing and financing folks on this forum. Thank you so much.
  • theericharris1theericharris1 Member Posts: 13
    That seems high to me as well. Go to the Acura dealer and get a quote for a TL SH-AWD Tech. I bet you it's cheaper and $0 down. I never put a dime down on my leases, you don't get the money back if the car is totaled.
  • meyerovbmeyerovb Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Car man, could you let me know the may residual and money factor for a 36month/10k lease on a legacy 2.5i cvt pzev no options? Thanks!!!
  • meyerovbmeyerovb Member Posts: 4
    Actually car man, could you make that for a legacy 2.5i premium pzev w/ all weather, no moonroof
    Sure meyerovb. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Limited CVT with 10,000 miles per year are .00040 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha. Too late, but here it is, meyerovb.

Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT with all weather and 10,000 miles per year are .00025 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • reggotgamereggotgame Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Carman,

I was offered a deal of $245/36/12k with $2045 due for a 2013 Legacy 2.5i Sport. This does not include taxes,tags,fees. Kind of looks like the national program to me. Sound like a good deal?
  • reggotgamereggotgame Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Carman,

Got the following deal just wondering if there is anymore room.

Legacy 2.5i Sport

MSRP 26,120
    Selling Price 23,330
    Residual 56%
    Money Factor .00055
    Term 36/15k
    DMV 237.50
    Doc Fee 249.00
    Out of Pocket 793.43
    Payment 299.43

Just wondering if I can squeeze any more out of this deal. Any incentive that might help? Also, are the residual and money factor correct? Let me know. Thanks!
    Hi reggotgame. Do you know the MSRP and selling price of this car? They would be a big help in evaluating your deal. If this is the nationally advertised lease then you should be able to beat it by shopping around.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again reggotgame. I see that you already posted more details. Yes, this does indeed look like a good deal for this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • vt6vt6 Member Posts: 6
    I just leased a 2013 Sport.

MSRP 26,300
    Selling price 22, 800
    Terms 36/15k
    Money factor .00055
    Residual 55%
    Doc fee 200
    Monthly 355 a month (but it includes the -$2800 in negative equity from my trade)
    Out of pocket $355 (first month payment)

When you account for the negative equity from my trade , the true cost of my lease is something like $280 / month, which I think is fantastic and is probably as low as it can get.

Oh, since my trade was pretty much equal in value to the new Legacy, my sales tax was zero. In maryland you get sales tax credit for trade in. That saved me over a thousand bucks.
  • tkman00tkman00 Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car_man,

Could you give me the current residual/mf on a 2013 3.6R w/ moonroof and nav for 36months/10K miles?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.